Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 622748 times)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #400 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 15:53:54 »
Hey fellow GeekHackers, I was just wondering if anyone had ever owned or tried out the OCZ EQUALIZER LASER GAMING MOUSE.
I was thinking of buying it, and was looking to get some feedback before doing so, Thanks all!

Pictures:
(...)

Link:
http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-equalizer-laser-gaming-mouse.html

Looks exactly like some higher-end A4Tech gaming mouse. IIRC they were known for quite good sensors in the low-end market. I've used I guess X7-718BF (or something like that) for a while, and it was solid, worked fine, but something about it just didn't feel right.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #401 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 16:08:32 »
1. Logitech G9x
2. Logitech MX Revolution
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Viz

« Reply #402 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 16:45:30 »
1. CST Ltrac,
2. WMO
3. ? ? ?

Mices i've tried: Xai, sensei, g9. g9x, Deathadder, deathadder respawn, g500, mx518, IE 3.0 and alot of other things..

Offline ryanleaf

« Reply #403 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 19:04:51 »
1. Logitech Cordless Optical TrackMan (I borrowed this from a friend for a while several years ago, I loved it. It started my love for trackballs!)
2. Logitech M570 Trackball.
3. Logitech G5 (I haven't tried any of its newer relatives).

Offline NickVsYou

« Reply #404 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 20:44:47 »
Razer naga is my favorite mouse so far, i've had a couple others and for mmos/gaming its the best.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #405 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 21:34:08 »
Intellimouse 3.0

There is no other mouse for me.

OMG, Best mouse ever, there needs to be a remake of it. with Teflon feet. I just refurbished my old silver one and it works and feels soo much better than any of my newer mouses.

They get dirty nasty and old but still better than a lot of the new ones!
SmallFry! <3

Offline linkz

« Reply #406 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 08:58:49 »
Razer Deathadder worth all the $ you paid. Other Razer mouse have the same quality as well, except maybe the wireless version.

Tried the R.A.T mouse as well, not as good as hyped. Looks fierce, but if you lift up your mouse and put it down again, it takes a certain time lag before your pointer move with your movement again. If you play game, you would notice it.

Offline TAdams

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #407 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 12:52:26 »
G5 is my favorite.

Currently use the G500, even though it has one of the worst middle mouse button/scrollwheels  throughout generations of their products.
i want to unsee that - eyebleach plz!

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
« Reply #408 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 13:16:18 »
G5 is my favorite.

Currently use the G500, even though it has one of the worst middle mouse button/scrollwheels  throughout generations of their products.
Why? I love the infinity scroll feature :3
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #409 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 13:35:12 »
G5 is my favorite.

Me too, but clicking it is a pain in ass.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #410 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 13:45:30 »
G5 is my favorite.

True, but it hasn't  been a problem for me since I have never found a reason to use it.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #411 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 13:52:45 »
Any Mionix Naos (8200 below) and it's definitely the most comfortable mouse I've ever used. I use a Palm grip and do very little lifting of the mouse, so I doubt it'd work for everyone.

« Last Edit: Sat, 12 January 2013, 13:56:07 by Jocelyn »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #412 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 14:07:30 »
G5 is my favorite.

True, but it hasn't  been a problem for me since I have never found a reason to use it.

I use it all the time (new tabs in web browser, copying text in X11)... it's also the reason why I prefer CM Storm Xornet, and G9x collects dust in the closet.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #413 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 15:01:53 »
G5 is my favorite.

I see, I'm sure you could bind one of the side-buttons to do your bidding?

I use it all the time (new tabs in web browser, copying text in X11)... it's also the reason why I prefer CM Storm Xornet, and G9x collects dust in the closet.

Ahh I see.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 January 2013, 20:26:27 by razorsharpgears »
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline volatilecoffee

• Formerly ybnrmalatall
  • I don't feel any certain way.
« Reply #414 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 20:09:23 »
No offence but anyone who games seriously with a laser mouse needs to revamp their thought process

optical
g400
goml xD
Linear gang needs to rise up against the tactile hipsters.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #415 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 20:28:04 »
No offence but anyone who games seriously with a laser mouse needs to revamp their thought process

optical
g400
goml xD
I hate the design and feel of it, I know the g500 has been known to have acceleration issues,
but having compared both while gaming, I haven't found it to be noticeable really.
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline volatilecoffee

• Formerly ybnrmalatall
« Reply #416 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 20:32:18 »

optical
g400
goml xD
I hate the design and feel of it, I know the g500 has been known to have acceleration issues,
but having compared both while gaming, I haven't found it to be noticeable really.

all laser mice have multiple issues
some have skipping to a messed up extent
accel
you name it laser mice have it, laser mice are like prostitutes dude, idk how you could touch one for so long
I applaud you

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #417 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 20:45:08 »
accel
you name it laser mice have it, laser mice are like prostitutes dude, idk how you could touch one for so long
I applaud you
Haha well thank you good sir, if it really is such a big deal though, maybe I ought to pick up another g400 again...
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline volatilecoffee

• Formerly ybnrmalatall
« Reply #418 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 21:17:40 »
accel
I applaud you
Haha well thank you good sir, if it really is such a big deal though, maybe I ought to pick up another g400 again...
idk how you dont like it
well I did have a mx518 before hand so.. might just be used to it
anyway I would still stay away from laser till they find a decent sensor

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #419 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 21:19:38 »
accel
I applaud you
idk how you dont like it
well I did have a mx518 before hand so.. might just be used to it
anyway I would still stay away from laser till they find a decent sensor
Yeah have been hoping they come out with a new release for the g500, I just don't like the physical feel/look of the g400.
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline linuxid10t

« Reply #420 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 22:21:56 »
Any Mionix Naos (8200 below) and it's definitely the most comfortable mouse I've ever used. I use a Palm grip and do very little lifting of the mouse, so I doubt it'd work for everyone.

Show Image

How is the tracking on it?  I've been using the CM Storm Zero-G and it is so picky about what surface it is on, and I believe the sensor is in the same family.  IDK.  Anyway, I got 2 new mousepads for christmas and neither of them work with mine, and I have been thinking about upgrading.  Got the Mionix Propus 380 and a Func Industries pad.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #421 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 05:16:21 »
Anyone have a g600? What does the side buttons feel like? Rubbercoated plastic? Rubber? What does if feel like a switch? A good membrane or squishy one?

My favorite mouse are most of what I have owned; SS Sensei, g700, Performance MX, MS Intellemouse, newer Dell OEM mouse.
SmallFry! <3

Offline linuxid10t

« Reply #422 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 05:50:05 »
Well, ended up ordering the Mionix Naos 3200 on Amazon with the free super saver shipping.  Can't wait until it comes in, but that will be quite a few days.  That being said, it will probably arrive earlier than estimated.  Got to love Amazon.

Offline linkz

« Reply #423 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 06:48:54 »
I'm ordering http://www.feenixcollection.com/nascita.html next
Read some good review about it.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #424 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 13:31:15 »
OMG, Best mouse ever, there needs to be a remake of it. with Teflon feet. I just refurbished my old silver one and it works and feels soo much better than any of my newer mouses.

They get dirty nasty and old but still better than a lot of the new ones!

I thought the recent re-release did have teflon feet?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #425 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 13:46:46 »

optical
g400
goml xD

accel
I applaud you
You forgot to mention that if someone is happy with their laser sensor, meaning that they don't experience any skipping at their speed, it's fine. They might want to switch to optical if they want to play competitive FPS, but for most other genres it doesn't matter. Going optical to increase performance in something like Dota 2 or SC2 will do nothing. Going optical to get more kills in CoD will do nothing.
Now, I enjoy playing precision fps games and tinkering with mouse settings to get it just right, but for a lot of people and a lot of games this doesn't even matter.

Offline Preach

• The Insane
« Reply #426 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 18:28:30 »
My only experiences with mouse is the Razer naga and Logitech G600.

The nagas kept failing on me while the G600 has been running like a champ even with the numberpad chaning colors all the time.
QFR - Browns |

Offline stonejoint

« Reply #427 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 03:20:10 »
Zowie am gs very nice sensor. very nice mouse.
CM QFR Black Filco MJ2 Red
Vortex Poker 2 Brown

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #428 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 22:16:20 »
All Razers for some reason have pretty high failure rates... It's all over the internet...
SmallFry! <3

Offline verbhal

• twitch.tv/verbhal
« Reply #429 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 22:23:28 »
I've been using a Naga Hex for sometime now. I like it, but haven't found a mouse I truly love yet. I also use a g500. The Hex hasn't failed on me yet, but I know Razer products don't have the best life span. Only a matter of time.

I was on the list to order a Feenix Nascita as well. Received an email saying if I was still interested to email them back within 48 hours. I did and haven't heard from them since. Need to try contacting them again.

Offline linuxid10t

« Reply #430 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 00:03:12 »
Alright, finally got my Mionix Naos in.  It takes a little bit to get used to THAT much of a palm grip.  It tracks well with both my Func Industries 1030 and my Mionix Propus 380 (of course.)

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
Re: Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #431 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 00:07:53 »
Alright, finally got my Mionix Naos in.  It takes a little bit to get used to THAT much of a palm grip.  It tracks well with both my Func Industries 1030 and my Mionix Propus 380 (of course.)

Glad you like it, and YES, you definitely need to be a palm gripper to use any Naos :p

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #432 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 00:12:55 »

Glad you like it, and YES, you definitely need to be a palm gripper to use any Naos :p
yep that design was ripped from the SteelSeries Ikari but it is a good shape

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #433 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 04:12:00 »
I am not too knowledgeable in sensors but I think the SS Sensei (SSS :D) has a smoother feel than the G700. It is also a lot lighter
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 January 2013, 02:36:32 by TheQsanity »
SmallFry! <3

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #434 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 05:51:20 »
I am not too knowledgeable in sensors but I think the SS Sensei (SSS :D) has a smoother feel than the G600. It is also a lot lighter

They use pretty similar sensors, the regular Sensei uses an A9500 I believe, where the G600 uses the A9800. The Sensei MLG edition uses the A9800 as well I think. I haven't done any serious comparison, but in my experience there is no real difference in feel between the 9800 and 9500, so the Sensei being smoother is most likely something of a placebo or a more comfortable dpi setting.
Edit: The sensor in the G700 is even closer to the one used in the regular Sensei, so any difference you feel is most likely placebo.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 January 2013, 03:01:13 by vun »

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #435 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 01:14:57 »
You are right... and the fat mousefeet. My g700 has thinner aftermarket feet and naturally have less surface coverage. G700 also has a big heavy battery in it so yea. It is pretty much all my preference.  ><
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 January 2013, 02:36:21 by TheQsanity »
SmallFry! <3

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #436 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 01:53:50 »
You are right... and the fat mousefeet. My g600 has thinner aftermarket feet and naturally have less surface coverage. G600 also has a big heavy battery in it so yea. It is pretty much all my preference.  ><
G700 you mean? cause the G600 has no battery....

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #437 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 02:35:58 »
Ohhhhh mannn I left it there for like days! Thanks.

Sorry about that.
SmallFry! <3

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #438 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 15:00:21 »
Quite happy with my Corsair M60.

Offline codymaust

« Reply #439 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 15:06:10 »
I've been using a Logitech m4000 for almost two years now, and I really enjoy it. Small form factor and the nano receiver make it excellent for travelling/packing.

I use it at home and throw it in my bag for work everyday, and then back home again.

I used a G5 for 2-3 years but had to sell all of my desktop gear so that went along unfortunately

Offline neuraxis

« Reply #440 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 13:24:13 »
The G600 is plagued with tracking issues—I just returned mine after a month of use. It's also not nearly as comfortable/accessible as the Razer Naga.

If you can get past the durability issues and bad Z-axis tracking, the Naga is amazing. So much that I'd now feel uncomfortable going back to a mouse with standard number of buttons.

Only a handful of gaming mice seem to be free of tracking issues at the moment: Razer DeathAdder 3/3.5/2013, Razer Abyssus, Logitech G400 v2, Roccat Savu and CM Storm Spawn.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #441 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 13:29:23 »
What about the Steelseries Xai? I use that at home for FPS games when I'm feeling competitive. It's flawless.

Agreed 100% +1 for Naga - I recommend everyone and anyone to use it. Only reason I don't use the Xai full-time is because it lacks a tenkey.
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #442 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 13:30:30 »
I like my G600 a lot especially the 3rd click

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #443 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 14:03:01 »
I like my G600 a lot especially the 3rd click
Same, the entire mouse is brilliant. I really bought it for the shape of it and initially wished there was a version without the G-keys, but I quickly fell in love with it all. Not so good for competitive FPS games and whatnot, but it's fantastic for general computer use and casual gaming.
I am so glad I chose the G600 over the Naga, I've had my hands on a Naga once, and the shape is decent, but the side keys on the G600 feel far better and the mouse in general feels more solid. It's also got a better sensor than most Nagas, not sure about the new one though but that uses Synapse 2.0 so the G600 was an easy choice.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #444 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 14:16:46 »
Gonna get the new zowie FK to replace my G400 :P

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #445 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 14:18:49 »
The G600 is plagued with tracking issues—I just returned mine after a month of use. It's also not nearly as comfortable/accessible as the Razer Naga.

If you can get past the durability issues and bad Z-axis tracking, the Naga is amazing. So much that I'd now feel uncomfortable going back to a mouse with standard number of buttons.

Only a handful of gaming mice seem to be free of tracking issues at the moment: Razer DeathAdder 3/3.5/2013, Razer Abyssus, Logitech G400 v2, Roccat Savu and CM Storm Spawn.
may i ask what tracking issues your talking about ive never had any trouble with it...

If its that minute bs that you have to test to find, i dont consider that a problem :D

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #446 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 14:48:49 »
Yeah I had a G600 for a while and thought the tracking was flawless as well. Probably you got a bad G600 dude.

Offline neuraxis

« Reply #447 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 14:52:48 »
What about the Steelseries Xai? I use that at home for FPS games when I'm feeling competitive. It's flawless.

Agreed 100% +1 for Naga - I recommend everyone and anyone to use it. Only reason I don't use the Xai full-time is because it lacks a tenkey.
The Xai has positive acceleration due to its Avago A9500's sensor, so it's not considered to have flawless tracking.

may i ask what tracking issues your talking about ive never had any trouble with it...

If its that minute bs that you have to test to find, i dont consider that a problem :D
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-series-Gaming-Mice/G600-Mouse-Movement-issues/td-p/863548
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-series-Gaming-Mice/G600-Mouse-Pointer-Delay/td-p/904278
And the Avago A9800's positive acceleration.

All made worse by the G600's non-flashable firmware.

Personally, I "found" all of these without any testing. If you don't game or don't take gaming performance seriously at all, I guess these won't be an issue, but then one has to wonder why you'd even purchase a >$60 gaming mouse.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #448 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 15:05:04 »
Boy I'll woop dat ass in scoutzknives, or any other CSS map. WITH my Xai.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #449 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 15:14:05 »

The Xai has positive acceleration due to its Avago A9500's sensor, so it's not considered to have flawless tracking.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-series-Gaming-Mice/G600-Mouse-Movement-issues/td-p/863548
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-series-Gaming-Mice/G600-Mouse-Pointer-Delay/td-p/904278
And the Avago A9800's positive acceleration.

All made worse by the G600's non-flashable firmware.

Personally, I "found" all of these without any testing. If you don't game or don't take gaming performance seriously at all, I guess these won't be an issue, but then one has to wonder why you'd even purchase a >$60 gaming mouse.
Most laser sensors have either positive or negative acceleration with the PTE being the only exception that I know of, although that has other problems. I've found that, at least for me, I can't use the G600 comfortably at the levels where these issues would actually bother me.
High sensitivity players probably won't notice this at all and low sensitivity players should be using optical anyways due to the higher tracking speeds.
The fact that the G600 doesn't perform optimally in FPS, which is about the only genre where the laser sensor issues are really worth mentioning imo, is rather moot as the mouse is made for MMO use where you can perform just as well with a laptop trackpad.

However, if we take a look at mice like the G9x, G500 and, well, pretty much every high-end gaming mouse, then your points are far more valid. It's sad that the dpi hype means that mice with a great shape like the G9x are not as good as they could have been if not for the idiotic quest for higher numbers.

Edit:
Boy I'll woop dat ass in scoutzknives, or any other CSS map. WITH my Xai.
Nobody ever said acceleration was a bad thing, some people prefer it, the only reason I have an issue with hardware acceleration is that I don't want to be forced to use it. But that's the way it is, as far as I know the acceleration issues are a result of the limitations of the laser technology, although I seem to remember at least one large manufacturer pushing for perfect, or at least better, laser sensors.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 January 2013, 15:16:43 by vun »