Author Topic: So ....... we're going into June ....... where's the CM Storm Novatouch?  (Read 6042 times)

Offline dante

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
wazoo

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
So ....... we're going into June ....... where's the CM Storm Novatouch?
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 21:07:32 »
Samples were made and sent to reviewers in April
They're prob revising some things
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline osi

Is it not released somewhere in the eastern hemisphere anywhere yet either??

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
Release was rescheduled for Q3 2014 after some issues came up, IIRC.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
At least they're not pulling an alcor/mizar  :))

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
They are probably waiting for Computex to release more information.. it is getting close to June afterall :)

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
simple, its never coming out. the end

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
I would be very surprised if that were the case..

Offline gigibecali

For me it took about a year to be able to buy their QFR since they announced... so stay close :D
IBM M - UK  |  QFR reds  |  QFR blacks  |  HPE 87 browns  |  HPE 87 blues

Offline blackbox

I guess it will be something in august. But I really hope that it will be released sooner
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
As much as I'd like to try this out, I'd rather them get the bugs out of it first and not rush the product.

Offline dante

Thanks for the feedback; was curious if EK came out and said, "oh hell no......" and put a stop to it.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Thanks for the feedback; was curious if EK came out and said, "oh hell no......" and put a stop to it.

Really? I think you give EK entirely too much credit.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
I'm pretty sure Brian is at least involved in some sort of discussion with RealForce/Leopold/CM about distribution. It's possible (but I wouldn't bet on it) that's the reason for the delay. However, I don't really see Cooler Master limiting themselves to a single channel.

When the Nova Touch comes to market here in the US, it'll most likely be available all the same places a QFR is currently.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist

Really? I think you give EK entirely too much credit.

Don't try and elevate a plain shop retailer into godlike status, because what has he done to earn that crown?

Unless he actually designs a keyboard from scratch and puts HIS own money into making any keyboard, then he doesn't deserve any accolades whatsoever.  Besides CoolerMaster has already done the research into making this type of keyboard hence it will come down the line sooner or later.

I actually trust CM to deliver this more than I trust anything Brian happens to say or get his fanboys to promote him in any way, still on this forum.

Offline colomb

I asked Cooler Master on twitter how we could be notified of availability. The responded saying a signup page would be going up "in the near future."

Offline blackbox

I asked Cooler Master on twitter how we could be notified of availability. The responded saying a signup page would be going up "in the near future."

vague but it sounds like good news!
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline dante

Hopefully it types more like a Typeheaven/660C/HHKB and less like a Realforce :D

Offline amos5606

They are probably waiting for Computex to release more information.. it is getting close to June afterall :)

+1
I think Computex will give us more info.
What will fill your hearts with delight ,,

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
I can't wait :P

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
It looks like they plan to release in July.

Offline intelli78

It looks like they plan to release in July.

Could you link the source for us?
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
I'm pretty sure Brian is at least involved in some sort of discussion with RealForce/Leopold/CM about distribution. It's possible (but I wouldn't bet on it) that's the reason for the delay. However, I don't really see Cooler Master limiting themselves to a single channel.

When the Nova Touch comes to market here in the US, it'll most likely be available all the same places a QFR is currently.

It's actually a non-issue because the Novatouch is owned by CM and has nothing to do with Realforce other than sharing similar switch mechanisms.

Brian doesn't own the rights to distribute anything using Topre in North America, just Leo, RF and maybe the HHKB (though I'm not sure if this is official).

Offline intelli78

Cooool....  wallet will be hacked.  :p

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Am very happy that I don't like Topre much.

otherwise I would be seriously impoverished. Cherry MX has done enough damage to my wallet. By all means, CM Storm, go to all-Topre products. So that I don't ever buy any of your stuff again = I save tons of money.

I also want Ducky to get kailh switches to save my wallet. I already own enough keyboards to survive a few billion keypresses.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
I can't be the only one getting tired of reading/hearing stuff like this every time there is some sort of article or video on this keyboard.

"keyboard, which has capacitive switches similar to those used by Topre"

"first non-Topre product I've seen with electrostatic capacitive key switches"

I understand they really want to sell the board, but they just keep making it sound like they are the ones who invented this whole thing. Rather than just introducing the hybrid sliders. Doesn't the PCB on this thing come straight from topre?

Every time there is some interview with a CM employee they seem terrified to even agree that it is a topre switch.

Does cooler masters marketing think that electrostatic capacitive key switch makes it sound like it is some type of futuristic technology? :P

Offline intelli78

I agree, it is really odd. At one point it appeared they agreed they're using genuine Topre technology, but I wasn't even 100% clear then. They should be more frank, at least within the enthusiast community - the smoke and mirror act isn't doing them any favors here.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
I can't be the only one getting tired of reading/hearing stuff like this every time there is some sort of article or video on this keyboard.

"keyboard, which has capacitive switches similar to those used by Topre"

"first non-Topre product I've seen with electrostatic capacitive key switches"

I understand they really want to sell the board, but they just keep making it sound like they are the ones who invented this whole thing. Rather than just introducing the hybrid sliders. Doesn't the PCB on this thing come straight from topre?

Every time there is some interview with a CM employee they seem terrified to even agree that it is a topre switch.

Does cooler masters marketing think that electrostatic capacitive key switch makes it sound like it is some type of futuristic technology? :P

The PCB photos I saw certainly said Topre :D

Offline Justintoxicated

I'm about to give up waiting and just order another blackbird.....Carrying this thing into work every day is kind of annoying.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Before you know it July will come on by and I feel it will be the same as today, nothing released  :'( :'( :'( :'( .

What the hell is the matter with them, failing to release a keyboard to slaughter any more REALFORCE and HHKB purchases?  I thought CM would want to go after their market as well as the traditional Gamer MX ground.

I hope this isn't going to be another failed product release because some Manager tosser thinks it's best to stick with current MX only keyboards, at their head office  >:( .

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
Do we know yet if the sliders can be swapped into a HHKB/realforce?
RETIRED

Offline Justintoxicated

Maybe I should just order a realforce, I mean that's sure to get the Novatouch to be released within a week.  In fact by not ordering the realfoce I'm probably preventing this thing from ever coming to market...

Offline dante

better hurry ... July is coming ... and that means EK will be restocked with 55g's.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
I am going to be pretty mad if this comes out after all this time and it isn't as good as a realforce or fc660c (after putting on some pbt keycaps I guess)

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
July is here, Novatouch where are you  ;D
RETIRED

Offline Justintoxicated

I caved in and bought the FC660C, now I'm just looking forward to this thing because maybe more sliders will become available someday.