Author Topic: [IC] Modulus 40  (Read 3498 times)

Offline boardsource

[IC] Modulus 40
« on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 14:54:26 »

Hello everyone! We are running an IC for a modular 40% board that is highly customizable. Please check out the Boardsource page where you can view more information and features. The IC form can be answered directly on Boardsource.
We will likely do one more round of an IC in the next few weeks prior to ordering a prototype.
View on Boardsource

Corne LP Group Buy
Join Us On Discord
Remember, anyone can post a Group Buy/Interest Check directly to the Boardsource platform, if you have a project releasing soon please consider posting it on Boardsource.
We are currently in our soft launch/beta, so please be mindful there may be bugs. If you find a bug please report it to us via Discord, Reddit, or the Submit A Ticket tab in the My Account section.
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 June 2020, 15:06:16 by boardsource »

Offline psxndc

[IC] Modulus 40
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 14:57:33 »
The "view on Boardsource" link seems broken.
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 June 2020, 14:59:13 by psxndc »
Ortho. Always.

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

Re: [IC] Modulus 40
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 15:04:29 »
Yeah the link is broken D:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline boardsource

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 15:06:52 »
Thank you for catching that they all work now.

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

[IC] Modulus 40
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 15:09:31 »
Woah thanks for fixing it. This looks really neat. I’m on mobile so it’s a bit harder for me to navigate the website but what I’ve seen looks really nice. I’ll definitely be looking properly through it later.

How does the modularity work? Is it magnetic connections?

Offline boardsource

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 15:26:05 »
Woah thanks for fixing it. This looks really neat. I’m on mobile so it’s a bit harder for me to navigate the website but what I’ve seen looks really nice. I’ll definitely be looking properly through it later.

How does the modularity work? Is it magnetic connections?

Please let us know how we can improve the mobile views if you run into any issues. We are still working on the platform/website daily and looking for ways to improve it.
The modularity basically works by switching out PCBs and plates. For the upper plates some will be flush and others will be raised. The encoder top plate is a good example of a raised plate, and the macro keys and OLED plate is a good example of a flush plate. Along with switching the upper plates, you must also switch the daughter PCB within that bay and then connect it to your main (keyboard) PCB. The main bay for the keyboard can be swapped out to accept a staggered layout, an ortho layout, etc. We are still experimenting with different layouts and plates and hope to bring a lot to market when we produce this board.
At this time those upper plates are connected via large screws, not magnetically. We think the exposed hardware adds to the look, but magnetic connections are a great idea and there are definitely ways it could be added to the Modulus 40.

Let me know if you have any other questions.