Author Topic: Searching for something like an MX Ergo but not a trackball  (Read 8653 times)

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
Searching for something like an MX Ergo but not a trackball
« on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 12:44:16 »
Im trying to find something that is shaped like the [Logitech MX Ergo](https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Advanced-Wireless-Trackball-Windows/dp/B0753P1GTS/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1510770634&sr=1-3&keywords=logitech+mx+ergo&dpID=41CEbfQCAAL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch) but not a trackball ( I have poor control of my fingers due to a neurological condition).

I am looking for something that has a wide "footprint" like the ERGO (so that your pinky is on the mouse and not on the desk).

* Games: - none

* Hand Preference: Right

* Budget: $100 max

* Hand Size: not sure here, i tend to hate small mice though

* Grip: claw/fingertip

* Weight: No preference

* Sensitivity: adjustable

* Additional Details: Definitely want forward/previous page buttons, dont care if its wired/wireless, nor if it has lights or not

Any help is much appreciated

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
Re: Searching for something like an MX Ergo but not a trackball
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 13:07:03 »
Im trying to find something that is shaped like the [Logitech MX Ergo](https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Advanced-Wireless-Trackball-Windows/dp/B0753P1GTS/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1510770634&sr=1-3&keywords=logitech+mx+ergo&dpID=41CEbfQCAAL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch) but not a trackball ( I have poor control of my fingers due to a neurological condition).

I am looking for something that has a wide "footprint" like the ERGO (so that your pinky is on the mouse and not on the desk).

Any help is much appreciated

I've been looking around and this one is the closest I could find to the shape but it doesn't have forward/previous buttons. Also pretty expensive...

https://www.amazon.com/Hippus-Wireless-Light-HandShoe-Medium/dp/B006TZNBL0

I know gaming brands aren't always the greatest but I've had a razer ourobouros for a few years now and it (as well as a few other gaming mice, like the rat series) has these little removable wings for your pinky so it isn't dragging on the desk. It isnt a part of the major shape though, just a little rest for the pinky

Offline Tactile

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 13:14:04 »
Some of the Mionix mice have a similar shape.
REΛLFORCE

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 13:22:32 »
I have the handshoe mouse. It's definitely not for claw/fingertip grip; 100% palm grip. I'm not sure if you can adjust any sensor settings either. Furthermore, its build quality is inappropriate considering the price. Oh and it doesn't have the two extra buttons, only basic three (there's a separate button for middle click, which is awesome, if you ask me). Neat shape though and you can pick size/orientation (I have a left-handed version).

I can recommend Contour Perfit mouse instead. It's pretty wide and slightly angled too, as well as available in multiple sizes/orientations. Much better quality, though; there are proper three buttons on top, a thumb wheel and a thumb tilt-operated back/forward button; and it's usable with claw/fingertip grip, but you might need some forearm/wrist support then.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 14:51:07 »
Some of the Mionix mice have a similar shape.

I have the handshoe mouse. It's definitely not for claw/fingertip grip; 100% palm grip. I'm not sure if you can adjust any sensor settings either. Furthermore, its build quality is inappropriate considering the price. Oh and it doesn't have the two extra buttons, only basic three (there's a separate button for middle click, which is awesome, if you ask me). Neat shape though and you can pick size/orientation (I have a left-handed version).

I can recommend Contour Perfit mouse instead. It's pretty wide and slightly angled too, as well as available in multiple sizes/orientations. Much better quality, though; there are proper three buttons on top, a thumb wheel and a thumb tilt-operated back/forward button; and it's usable with claw/fingertip grip, but you might need some forearm/wrist support then.

I'll look into these when I'm hone