Author Topic: Need help to build my 65% ISO nordic keyboard  (Read 1941 times)

Offline PuchuKing33

Need help to build my 65% ISO nordic keyboard
« on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 15:50:34 »
Hello everyone

Hope you are all doing well in these times. I am new to building keyboards and planing on my first project but have some question.

What i want to build is a:

65% with arrows
RGB PCB
Tofu65 (but not a must)
ISO nordic (danish/Denmark if possible)
Roselios Switches (from ZEALPC)
hot swap would be greate but not a must

As far I can see, it's not easy, or haven't found much information regarding it.

Is this even possible? What options do I have?

Another option that I was thinking is:

Ducky one 2 sf with ISO, nordic. Swap the switches for the Roselios, but are the compatible? Would I encounter issues?

I hope you lads can point me to the right direction or answer my questions :).

Thanks in advanced
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 October 2020, 15:52:44 by PuchuKing33 »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Need help to build my 65% ISO nordic keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 00:23:34 »
A keyboard doesn't know what's written on it's keycaps so there is no such thing as a 'Danish' keyboard - if it's ISO and you tell your operating system it's Danish, it's Danish.

The hard part when building a board is getting keycaps with the correct legends - sadly most people use US ANSI layout so you have to watch out for group buys with a NorDeUK kit and buy lots of caps you don't need (I hope these cover Danish, you would know better than me)

The Ducky is the other way to get caps and if you're good at desoldering (factory solder has no lead and is harder to remove) you can swap in whatever MX compatible switches you like.  Ducky doubleshot PBT caps are good too.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Alga

Re: Need help to build my 65% ISO nordic keyboard
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 09:46:01 »
I'm in a similar pickle. I want to build a TKL or 65 board. But most of the cool stuff is reserved for ANSI. And for the life of me I need the tall return key.

As suicidal say the computer wont care, you need to look for a PCB that supports ISO layout and get a keycap set with what you want. For example I'm waiting on the Kam Superuser GB and for a spanish ISO layout I need to buy 4 SETS OF KEYS!!!!

I mean, we all knew this crap was expensive