Author Topic: International kits  (Read 2260 times)

Offline DoctorNunu

• Masterworks
International kits
« on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 11:11:04 »
Something I thought about the other day is why not every keycap set includes an international kit.
I understand that the majority doesn't buy the international / NorDeUk kits, but if it would be included in the group buy, the base kits would definitely increase in purchased units.

I know plently of people that only hop on keycap group buys if they include international kits. Is there any particular reason to leave these kits out, or is it just simple laziness?
In my eyes, that is a big opportunity for designers to hit MOQ with their designs.

Offline honoka

Re: International kits
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 07 April 2020, 18:33:24 »
I agree. I also think that base kits would see a bigger amount of sales if international kits were added.
There is an issue though were some less popular kits dont make MOQ. That would mean that people would probably cancel their orders after the group buy, which could in turn set other kits down under MOQ aswell.
It is tricky, but not an issue for hyped sets. In those cases I think its a lack of profitability or not feeling the need to support what they think is a small group of people.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 07 April 2020, 19:01:52 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101263.0

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Offline Azurewrath

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 07 April 2020, 20:18:14 »
Guess it's cost or lazyness. Or both. But one could argue that including international and ISO keycaps in the base kits could drive up the order numbers in a way that would negate the additional cost of the extra caps. No idea.

I myself will only buy keycap sets if they have everything needed for ISO-DE. When i order something in a GB and the international kit does not hit MOQ i cancel the order.
Going ANSI or ISO-US isn't an option for me, i have to change between multiple keyboards throughout the working day that all have ISO-DE and i mostly type blindly. Different layouts would drive me crazy.