Author Topic: Ducky Realforce Taiwan Edition  (Read 75265 times)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
Re: Ducky Realforce Taiwan Edition
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 14:34:31 »
Using this board at work right now.  It's nice a change from my 55g 87U... the silent switches really make the thock more satisfying!  Switches are purple.  Haven't compared it directly to my Leopold Dye-sub, but from I recall, the switch weights feel the same (I've heard that the Leopold Dye-sub is supposed to feel slightly heavier than usual 45g Topre).
Any pics of the purple stems?

Do these sound or feel better than other silenced switches?

I should get the 30g version.

Haven't taken photos of the stems, but they look pretty much identical to the silent switches I've seen online:

http://i.imgur.com/TL271SB.jpg

This is my first experience with silent Topre, so I can't really comment on how it feels compared to other silent versions. 

One interesting thing is that color of the case isn't as black as my 87U.  This one is more of a deep gray, so transferring keys from a black Topre board may result in a bit of a color mismatch.

I have one on the way too and can confirm, but afaik they are indeed the same as other silent stems.
So, is the way these stems are silenced versus purple stems different?

not that i am aware of, ill take it apart to confirm they are the same as  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 18:23:00 »
"Stormtrooper (Black on White & White on Black) Realforces will be distributed by Ducky in the future. They will be 30g uniform.
Show Image
"

Crap. God DAMNIT. Now I gotta go find **** to sell.

Offline kinetic

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 11:10:39 »
Using this board at work right now.  It's nice a change from my 55g 87U... the silent switches really make the thock more satisfying!  Switches are purple.  Haven't compared it directly to my Leopold Dye-sub, but from I recall, the switch weights feel the same (I've heard that the Leopold Dye-sub is supposed to feel slightly heavier than usual 45g Topre).
Any pics of the purple stems?

Do these sound or feel better than other silenced switches?

I should get the 30g version.

Haven't taken photos of the stems, but they look pretty much identical to the silent switches I've seen online:

http://i.imgur.com/TL271SB.jpg

This is my first experience with silent Topre, so I can't really comment on how it feels compared to other silent versions. 

One interesting thing is that color of the case isn't as black as my 87U.  This one is more of a deep gray, so transferring keys from a black Topre board may result in a bit of a color mismatch.

I have one on the way too and can confirm, but afaik they are indeed the same as other silent stems.
So, is the way these stems are silenced versus purple stems different?

not that i am aware of, ill take it apart to confirm they are the same as  :thumb:

Curious to see what your thoughts are on this board, given your deep experience with silenced Topre!  I recall reading this somewhere else, but I've noticed that some of the keys are less "silent" than others.  Some don't even seem silent at all!  Let me know if you experience the same.  In any case, really enjoying the board.

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 11:45:19 »
"Stormtrooper (Black on White & White on Black) Realforces will be distributed by Ducky in the future. They will be 30g uniform.
Show Image
"

I wonder if that's what's listed on mechanicalkeyboards.com incoming stock. They've got 5+ in stock of the black with white keycaps 30g ones in stock currently, so when I saw they had more coming I was curious why but that would make sense.
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 13:18:04 »
Show Image
"

I wonder if that's what's listed on mechanicalkeyboards.com incoming stock. They've got 5+ in stock of the black with white keycaps 30g ones in stock currently, so when I saw they had more coming I was curious why but that would make sense.
I really want to buy one to try 30g.

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 13:40:38 »
Show Image
"

I'm going to get a 45g one to try topre and silenced at that, I feel like it's going to be too light though based off my 55g topre keychain but keychains and switch testers aren't the most accurate things to judge off of.

[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 15:18:30 »
Show Image
"

I'm going to get a 45g one to try topre and silenced at that, I feel like it's going to be too light though based off my 55g topre keychain but keychains and switch testers aren't the most accurate things to judge off of.
I am afraid that 30g might feel like regular rubber dome.

Someone said it actually still didn't feel anywhere near rubber dome.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 22:47:38 »
Show Image
"

I had a variable Topre and the 30g domes didn't have tactility on them at all, they were pretty close to linear.  And to me the bottom out felt kind of like rubber dome.

BUT it's only a few keys so I could be wrong.

Though it did bug me enough to mod my keyboard to 45g uniform.  :P

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 12:21:50 »
Show Image
"

I had a variable Topre and the 30g domes didn't have tactility on them at all, they were pretty close to linear.  And to me the bottom out felt kind of like rubber dome.

BUT it's only a few keys so I could be wrong.

Though it did bug me enough to mod my keyboard to 45g uniform.  :P

30g generally do feel very close to a standard rubber dome. No tactility, especially when typing at speed. I personally love topre more than most, but I'd never own a 30g again.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline kinetic

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 21:05:24 »
 Been a few weeks and still really enjoying this board!

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 21:40:46 »

30g or 45g?

Offline Pdub

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 21:52:17 »
I am fairly sure it is coming in uniform 30g and 45g, both silenced.  :)

Silenced <3

Offline kinetic

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 23:17:26 »

30g or 45g?

45g!

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 23:23:13 »

Looks really nice with the red on it.  :thumb:

Offline KeypressGraphics

• Dare to Dream
    • Keypress Graphics
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 04:28:46 »
Oh nice, this could really shake things up. I know the Novatouch is already out there but it'd be great if there were other cheaper options around to encourage people to give a Topre board a try. Would be even better if they produced a 60-key version!
May all your key presses strike true.

Choc Mini         HHKB

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #115 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 12:09:13 »
Still contemplating the 30G version, but LSB's comments about it feeling almost identical to a rubber dome are concerning.

I do love light switches though... hmm.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline sitch

« Reply #116 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 12:40:26 »
30g to me.. is kinda light that I will accidentally press on them when I rest my fingers on the keyboard, used to own a variable weight realforce and bought a 55g

Offline suhaibin

« Reply #117 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 14:06:14 »
I have a like new 30g one for sale in Member Auction section

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #119 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 10:18:04 »
Hmm, he seems to have two links up. The one he sent to me through our communications that I ordered from is different.

Same item though as far as I can tell. Reason why I mention it is there is technically a English/Korean legend version too.

http://stores.ebay.com/widebasket/?_dmd=2&_nkw=topre+45
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline kinetic

« Reply #120 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 10:23:10 »
Hmm, he seems to have two links up. The one he sent to me through our communications that I ordered from is different.

Same item though as far as I can tell. Reason why I mention it is there is technically a English/Korean legend version too.

http://stores.ebay.com/widebasket/?_dmd=2&_nkw=topre+45

Ah, so you ordered it? I've always liked the AE color scheme, and now that I know that I  like 45g silenced, this board is very tempting.  Please post pics/thoughts when you get it!

EDIT:  annnddd... order placed.  Yikes.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 January 2016, 10:45:06 by kinetic »

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #121 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 11:22:05 »
Yeah, I had communicated with him a few days back and he said he could get some in if there was interest. He'll probably keep them stocked if they are selling well.

Perhaps someone can weigh in, but as far as I can tell this is just the Leopold counterpart to the Ducky's that this thread is about, at least where 45G is concerned.  I suspect there is no limited aspect about this, it's just using the old AE colourset due to it's popularity.

I decided to grab this because all costs considered, I'm not paying much more than the Ducky since I'm in Canada. Standard shipping is included with these Leopolds, but I'd have to pay shipping and likely tax for the Ducky... and I greatly prefer the blue/grey to all white caps.

I have no idea when it will actually come in, but if there aren't photos already on GH I'll put some up in the Topre thread. There's at least one other member on GH that already owns this from alternate means since he posted a quick photo. :)
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline kinetic

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 11:38:11 »
Yeah, I had communicated with him a few days back and he said he could get some in if there was interest. He'll probably keep them stocked if they are selling well.

Perhaps someone can weigh in, but as far as I can tell this is just the Leopold counterpart to the Ducky's that this thread is about, at least where 45G is concerned.  I suspect there is no limited aspect about this, it's just using the old AE colourset due to it's popularity.

I decided to grab this because all costs considered, I'm not paying much more than the Ducky since I'm in Canada. Standard shipping is included with these Leopolds, but I'd have to pay shipping and likely tax for the Ducky... and I greatly prefer the blue/grey to all white caps.

I have no idea when it will actually come in, but if there aren't photos already on GH I'll put some up in the Topre thread. There's at least one other member on GH that already owns this from alternate means since he posted a quick photo. :)

I definitely prefer this color scheme as well, although the contrast black and white of the ducky version is growing on me.  Now I never thought I would own TWO full sized silenced 45g boards, but I guess you can never have too much Topre?

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #123 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 15:26:47 »
More Topre is always good, but this will definitely be my only fullsize :))
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline kinetic

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 20:55:50 »
More Topre is always good, but this will definitely be my only fullsize :))

Ha.  Fair enough.  At least now I'll get to see how the AE caps look on a black case and how the pure white caps look on a dark blue case :)

Offline frogthejam19

• Good Vibrations
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 08:30:33 »
I would be all over this if it came in  tkl
"All is Well"

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #126 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 04:02:16 »

... and 55g ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #127 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 04:59:08 »

... and 55g ;)

Save your money and buy a set of white keycaps from EK. Same thing!

Offline yomammary

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 07:17:45 »

... and 55g ;)

Link me?
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline kinetic

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 08:55:33 »

... and 55g ;)

Link me?
No link possible because such a thing does not exist.

Offline yomammary

« Reply #130 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 12:33:58 »

... and 55g ;)

Link me?
That was my point haha.
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline kinetic

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 16:39:37 »

... and 55g ;)

Link me?
That was my point haha.

Ha, yes.  That post by Bevo was misinformation at it's finest.

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 16:41:02 »
My bad. They actually sold hhkb keycaps.

Offline kinetic

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 16:44:46 »

Also note that the keycaps that come with this board are a PURE white... it's a pretty stark difference compared to the off-white caps that come with standard Realforce's/HHKB's.  It initially looked a little "bright" at first, but now it has really grown on me :)

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 16:46:10 »

Also note that the keycaps that come with this board are a PURE white... it's a pretty stark difference compared to the off-white caps that come with standard Realforce's/HHKB's.  It initially looked a little "bright" at first, but now it has really grown on me :)
Ok ill put it into my notebook. Is there anything else you would like to add?

Offline kinetic

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 16:51:37 »

I'll let you know.  But more importantly, I'll do my research before I post something.

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 17:12:55 »

I'll let you know.  But more importantly, I'll do my research before I post something.
Nah

Offline kinetic

« Reply #137 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 21:55:06 »

Nah

Again, providing ZERO value to this thread and I'm sure countless others on here.  Move along...

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #138 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 22:02:49 »

Nah

Again, providing ZERO value to this thread and I'm sure countless others on here.  Move along...
Mate get over yourself. I can't believe this is still going. Go comment on another topre thread

Offline kinetic

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 22:47:03 »

Nah

Mate get over yourself. I can't believe this is still going. Go comment on another topre thread

(looks for another Topre thread)

Nah.

Hey look, all I ask is that a little due diligence be done instead of spewing out misinformed posts like "just go buy this instead!" when such a thing DOES NOT EXIST.  It just causes confusion and degrades an otherwise pleasant forum.  Good on you for owning up to it, though.  OK... shall we get back on topic now?  So that Ducky Realforce Taiwan Editiion keyboard is pretty nice, yea?

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 22:48:19 »

Nah

(looks for another Topre thread)

Nah.

Hey look, all I ask is that a little due diligence be done instead of spewing out misinformed posts like "just go buy this instead!" when such a thing DOES NOT EXIST.  It just causes confusion and degrades an otherwise pleasant forum.  Good on you for owning up to it, though.  OK... shall we get back on topic now?  So that Ducky Realforce Taiwan Editiion keyboard is pretty nice, yea?
K

Offline 108dragons

« Reply #141 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 22:57:13 »
Let me try to put this thread back on track. I own this board as well and think it's awesome. I got the 45g version, and the black on white keycaps really pop and allow you to see the legends in very low light. It's not too stark or too much of a contrast. I mean, it's black and white, yin and yang, the most basic colors you can imagine. Also, there are just not many full-sized all 45g Topre keyboards to choose from in the United States, so I was really happy to see this come out.

Many are lamenting that this isn't available in TLK or 55g, but I prefer 45g and full-sized. I recently have been using a 55g 87U and a HiPro. I found that the 55g is too heavy for me, and I missed the ten key. I switched to the HiPro and was happy for a very long time but eventually got tired of the high profile keycaps. The only other full-sized 45g Topre I could find was the Type Heaven. I tried it for a few weeks but didn't care for the feel of the keys, and it seemed like the switches were a bit inconsistent with their weighting. The Realforce is in another class altogether, and the silencing on this thing is the icing on the cake.

The black on white color scheme looks a lot like the first Topre board, the prototype pictured here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/Topre_Corporation.

Offline RexS

• SILENCE THE TOPRE
« Reply #142 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 02:28:24 »
The only other full-sized 45g Topre I could find was the Type Heaven. I tried it for a few weeks but didn't care for the feel of the keys, and it seemed like the switches were a bit inconsistent with their weighting. The Realforce is in another class altogether, and the silencing on this thing is the icing on the cake.

After adding silencing rings to my Type Heaven it quickly became a favorite board; the rings really dampen ringing from the ABS key caps.  My previous favorite 104UB 45g suddenly didn't seem so awesome. So I added silencing rings to it as well and it is definitely my favorite again.

Silencing is now on my must-have list for all Topre boards along with 45g uniform force. I am still on the fence as to whether I prefer the 104UB-DK45S to my 104UB with silencing rings and domes swapped to 45g uniform from a Type Heaven. I think I prefer the shorter travel distance from adding silencing rings to normal black sliders than the compensated distance of factory silencing rings on purple sliders. 

But it is likely all in my head. I keep "stepchild" keyboard around to remind me of all the things I don't like: an unsilenced Type Heaven with variable weight (30g, 45g and 55g) domes. Just kidding, I love all my Topre.

Offline kinetic

« Reply #143 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 11:49:58 »
The only other full-sized 45g Topre I could find was the Type Heaven. I tried it for a few weeks but didn't care for the feel of the keys, and it seemed like the switches were a bit inconsistent with their weighting. The Realforce is in another class altogether, and the silencing on this thing is the icing on the cake.

Silencing is now on my must-have list for all Topre boards along with 45g uniform force.

Funny you mention that.  I'm not sure if I can go back to a non-silenced Topre board either.  Really curious to see how a silenced 55g board sounds/feels.

Offline TopreFan333

« Reply #144 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 12:13:54 »
But it is likely all in my head. I keep "stepchild" keyboard around to remind me of all the things I don't like: an unsilenced Type Heaven with variable weight (30g, 45g and 55g) domes. Just kidding, I love all my Topre.

I actually like my Type Heaven quite a bit. Putting Realforce PBT caps on it helped the sound and feel a lot.

Offline RexS

• SILENCE THE TOPRE
« Reply #145 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 17:27:16 »
I actually like my Type Heaven quite a bit. Putting Realforce PBT caps on it helped the sound and feel a lot.

The only real problem I have with the Type Heaven are its ABS key caps. They just don't have the same satisfying feel or sound as the PBT keys. So swapping the keys, as you've done, or silencing the stock keys both (almost) completely address the differences between it and the Realforce. 

But until I added silencing rings I was resolved to use the Type Heavens as little more than a source for 45g domes.

The Type Heaven is still a bear to open up in comparison.

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #146 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 04:15:05 »
Got the 45g variant today. Not bad at all!
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 January 2016, 07:28:12 by zennasyndroxx »

Offline kinetic

« Reply #147 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 16:59:47 »
Just got this in...

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #148 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 17:31:07 »
Just got this in...
Jealous, did you get it from widebasket?
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline kinetic

« Reply #149 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 17:37:24 »
Just got this in...
Jealous, did you get it from widebasket?

Indeed.  First time dealing with him and he was great.  Ordered on a Sunday and received it the following Friday.