Author Topic: Ducky Realforce Taiwan Edition  (Read 75268 times)

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
Re: Ducky Realforce Taiwan Edition
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 09:34:06 »
Well, Leopold convinced them to use the 10AE Grey/Blue on their fullsize which I am using, and they have updated the JIS sets to have flat winkeys along with these new ANSI board sets that we have, so it's possible we will see the introduction of some new Realforce ANSI sets outside of Korea in the future.. but it may only be for a limited time again.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #201 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 05:46:08 »
My only issue with these less i'm mistaken is it is not offered in a TKL version and FullSize boards aggravate the hell out of my shoulder.  Were they do to a TKL version i'd likely eventually bite for a TKL brother for my Realforce 87u 55G.

Not having a 55g version is another serious omission.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #202 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 06:24:23 »
My only issue with these less i'm mistaken is it is not offered in a TKL version and FullSize boards aggravate the hell out of my shoulder.  Were they do to a TKL version i'd likely eventually bite for a TKL brother for my Realforce 87u 55G.

True that is one i had not thought of though one i can live without since i still use the HHKB  Pro 2 and switch back and forth to my 55g RF without too much of an issue.  However full size boards just irk the hell out of me in common usage it's one of the only reasons iv'e held out so long on a model M since the SSK boards are just so damn expensive.
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline kinetic

« Reply #203 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 22:47:44 »
I was part of the 55g camp, but after switching back from the Ducky Realforce to 55g, I think I prefer the 45g silenced over 55g non-silenced.  Just so much more refined in my opinion.

Still very curious about 55g silenced, however.

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #204 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 22:59:58 »
Thus far, I have come to the same conclusion - I am finding more enjoyment with the 104UB-45KBS over the RF87U 55G in my testing over the past week or so.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #205 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 04:46:49 »

True that is one i had not thought of though one i can live without since i still use the HHKB  Pro 2 and switch back and forth to my 55g RF without too much of an issue.  However full size boards just irk the hell out of me in common usage it's one of the only reasons iv'e held out so long on a model M since the SSK boards are just so damn expensive.

I switch between my HHKB and all sorts of other keyboards (currently an SSK at home and MX clears at work).  I also have a board with MX reds.  The reds are waaay too light, but I can tolerate the HHKB.

Makes me wonder whether I'd like a 45g TKL Topre board or not.  I think I'd probably prefer a 55g one, which is what I'd buy if I had the money.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline shortround

• Scoot jockey, nomad trash.
« Reply #206 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 00:40:16 »
I was part of the 55g camp, but after switching back from the Ducky Realforce to 55g, I think I prefer the 45g silenced over 55g non-silenced.  Just so much more refined in my opinion.

I also picked up a blue/grey 45g board from widebasket.  I didn't know something could ship so fast from S. Korea to California!  This guy is legit.  I wanted a uniform 45g silenced full size board and the Ducky Taiwan was interesting to me, but I knew I would eventually want to change out those keycaps which would have added $100 or more to the cost of it.  I mean those Taiwan edition keycaps are as white as the singer from Winger's teeth...  that's how white they are.  Blinding. 

Offline losing_ctrl

« Reply #207 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 07:37:05 »

I also picked up a blue/grey 45g board from widebasket.  I didn't know something could ship so fast from S. Korea to California!  This guy is legit.  I wanted a uniform 45g silenced full size board and the Ducky Taiwan was interesting to me, but I knew I would eventually want to change out those keycaps which would have added $100 or more to the cost of it.  I mean those Taiwan edition keycaps are as white as the singer from Winger's teeth...  that's how white they are.  Blinding.

Wow, when did you pick up that board? I just checked widebasket's eBay page and he didn't have any of those for sale.

Offline kinetic

« Reply #208 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 08:53:07 »
Wow, when did you pick up that board? I just checked widebasket's eBay page and he didn't have any of those for sale.

Last I checked there was only one left so maybe shortround got the last one.  He may get more in stock, however.

Yea, I got the same board from him and also live in California.  Got here in like 3 days! Will definitely buy from him again.

Offline dante

« Reply #209 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 12:19:24 »
The only way I'll look at Topre again is if they sell a 30g 87UB silent for under $250 shipped.

^ not bloody likely.  Currently waiting for MechanicalKeyboards.com to stock the PLUM 84 35g silent.

Offline shortround

« Reply #210 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 00:19:18 »

It had to be the last day or two that he had them in stock.  Maybe he will re-stock considering he sold them all.

Last I checked there was only one left so maybe shortround got the last one.  He may get more in stock, however.

Yea, I got the same board from him and also live in California.  Got here in like 3 days! Will definitely buy from him again.

I got the second to last one available.   :thumb:

Amazing how fast that guy can ship across the world!   :eek:

Offline losing_ctrl

« Reply #211 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 13:17:53 »
OK I see that the Ducky RealForce Taiwan Edition has been sold out for awhile, so I thought I'd throw out this question -

Is there only going to be one "run" of these boards?

I have convinced myself that I want a full size RealForce 45g Topre board, preferably a 104 ANSI model, but I don't see any out there for sale, new. I'm tempted to get a Type-S 45g 108 JIS model because that's what I see is available for purchase - and the colored key caps for 108s are way cheaper than the English 104s. I am finding that I can adapt to the slightly different layout of the JIS model, as my main board these days is a HHKB Pro JP.

Would love to see a Type-S 55g RealForce 104 board made available!

Offline kinetic

« Reply #212 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 09:04:56 »
OK I see that the Ducky RealForce Taiwan Edition has been sold out for awhile, so I thought I'd throw out this question -

I have convinced myself that I want a full size RealForce 45g Topre board, preferably a 104 ANSI model, but I don't see any out there for sale, new. I'm tempted to get a Type-S 45g 108 JIS model because that's what I see is available for purchase - and the colored key caps for 108s are way cheaper than the English 104s. I am finding that I can adapt to the slightly different layout of the JIS model, as my main board these days is a HHKB Pro JP.

If you absolutely must have a full size silent realforce, widebasket has put more up:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Topre-Realforce-104-Keys-Electrostatic-Capacitive-Switch-Keyboard-All-45g-PBT-/272114235799

Offline losing_ctrl

« Reply #213 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 11:50:34 »

If you absolutely must have a full size silent realforce, widebasket has put more up:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Topre-Realforce-104-Keys-Electrostatic-Capacitive-Switch-Keyboard-All-45g-PBT-/272114235799

Thanks for this link. I did not know it was going to carry such a premium, yikes!

Offline kinetic

« Reply #214 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 23:14:49 »
Yea...  I sometimes can't believe I paid that much, but the color scheme is much better than the Ducky version IMO!

Offline shortround

« Reply #215 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 19:57:26 »
Yea...  I sometimes can't believe I paid that much, but the color scheme is much better than the Ducky version IMO!

That was exactly what sold me.  I knew I wouldn't keep those super bright keycaps if I bought the Ducky Taiwan.  Besides, you only need one kidney right? 

Offline E3E

« Reply #216 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 15:52:27 »
So would anyone happen to have a Ducky Realforce in 30g they would want to trade (or sell) for a Ducky Realforce in 45g, or am I going to have to go hunt down a Chinese YOTG board? :P

I like the 45g model, but I think I would prefer 30g domes.

Offline Ashlyn

« Reply #217 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 15:58:50 »
I want TKL version of this one !

Offline E3E

« Reply #218 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 16:04:16 »

That would be pretty sick. Pictures don't do this board justice for just how clean it looks on one's desk. The bright caps are amazing, imo. :) It'd look nice in TKL layout.

Offline Ashlyn

« Reply #219 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 16:18:30 »

That would be pretty sick. Pictures don't do this board justice for just how clean it looks on one's desk. The bright caps are amazing, imo. :) It'd look nice in TKL layout.
Realforce should add some more design  :thumb:

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #220 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 14:13:00 »
If realforce comes out with a 60% keyboard it'd be immediately on the top of my buy list.

Offline Tactile

« Reply #221 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 14:55:26 »

Something like this, perhaps?
149648-0
REΛLFORCE

Offline E3E

« Reply #222 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 15:28:18 »

(Attachment Link)

Is that yours, Tactile? I'm assuming there was an all white Realforce cap set released at some point, yeah?

Offline Tactile

« Reply #223 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 15:40:03 »

(Attachment Link)

Is that yours, Tactile? I'm assuming there was an all white Realforce cap set released at some point, yeah?

Yes & yes.

https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,toprekeys&pid=xf0100kt1
REΛLFORCE

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #224 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 15:45:59 »

(Attachment Link)

A full-sized Realforce/Ducky Taiwan keyset that Tactile switched to a Realforce tkl? Tricky tricky

Offline E3E

« Reply #225 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 16:22:20 »

(Attachment Link)

A full-sized Realforce/Ducky Taiwan keyset that Tactile switched to a Realforce tkl? Tricky tricky

Not exactly. :P Just a keyset that's similar put on a TKL.

What weight do you use, Tactile?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #226 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 16:33:50 »

(Attachment Link)

Oh, the link right. Looks like the same kerning on the Ducky Taiwan keyset. But I guess the indicators are way different. My mistake 

Offline Tactile

« Reply #227 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 16:35:22 »

(Attachment Link)

It's 55 gram.

I had a friend over a few days ago who is not into keyboards at all. I sat him down & started putting keyboards in front of him - "This one is MX blues" - "This is PCB mounted MX blacks" - you know how it goes...

I set this Realforce in front of him & I just wish I'd been filming or at least had a photo of his face when he pressed a key on this keyboard. His first question was "Why haven't I heard of these Topre switches?". Anyway, I'm pretty happy with it.
REΛLFORCE

Offline E3E

« Reply #228 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 16:38:35 »
Oh, the link right. Looks like the same kerning on the Ducky Taiwan keyset. But I guess the indicators are way different. My mistake

As a newbie to Topre, but a lurker on the subject for a while, I thought the kerning issue was typical for Realforce key cap sets.

It's 55 gram.

I had a friend over a few days ago who is not into keyboards at all. I sat him down & started putting keyboards in front of him - "This one is MX blues" - "This is PCB mounted MX blacks" - you know how it goes...

I set this Realforce in front of him & I just wish I'd been filming or at least had a photo of his face when he pressed a key on this keyboard. His first question was "Why haven't I heard of these Topre switches?". Anyway, I'm pretty happy with it.

Nice, very nice. I'm the opposite. With these I want to experience 30g domes. Don't get me wrong, 55g also sounds nice, but I think tactile switches aren't really my thing, from using MX and Alps and 45g (and variable weight) Topre. Alps SKCM Brown and Green are very Topre-like, but even heavier than 55g, so to me, going the other way, with something lighter would be more unique.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #229 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 16:48:35 »

As a newbie to Topre, but a lurker on the subject for a while, I thought the kerning issue was typical for Realforce key cap sets.

It's 55 gram.

Nice, very nice. I'm the opposite. With these I want to experience 30g domes. Don't get me wrong, 55g also sounds nice, but I think tactile switches aren't really my thing, from using MX and Alps and 45g (and variable weight) Topre. Alps SKCM Brown and Green are very Topre-like, but even heavier than 55g, so to me, going the other way, with something lighter would be more unique.

Probably just easier to spot on an all white keyset /shrug

Offline E3E

« Reply #230 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 16:57:07 »
Probably just easier to spot on an all white keyset /shrug

I do believe it was this review that first clued me in on the issue:

As far as my plans for the Topre lyfe; I don't plan on going too far down the rabbit hole. I actually really like the look of the Taiwan Edition. My only desire is to have 30g domes instead of 45g.

norbauer's aluminum NT case is a tempting proposition, but that'll open up way too many doors for splurging :P

Offline bloorocket

• Experience tranquillity
« Reply #231 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 22:26:09 »
This post convinced me to buy one. Good job OP, now i am $250 poorer.
But everytime I am sad, I type and I am ok again.
Surreal board really, the nice blend of build quality, the badass sliders, the keycaps and the typing experience is just brilliant!
Ducky Snake Mx Blues
Bucket list: EnduroPro, Ergodox, King's Assembly, HHKB Pro2, 55g RF
Looking for: Grey Mod set for RF 104 ANSI

Offline E3E

« Reply #232 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 01:14:15 »
Surreal board really, the nice blend of build quality, the badass sliders, the keycaps and the typing experience is just brilliant!

Welcome to the club, man! The asian market seems to have a bunch left around. Much harder to find in the states. But yeah, I like the Ducky Realforce a lot!

Offline bloorocket

• Experience tranquillity
« Reply #233 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 06:11:42 »

Welcome to the club, man! The asian market seems to have a bunch left around. Much harder to find in the states. But yeah, I like the Ducky Realforce a lot!

Now let the Topre set hunting begins, waiting for Matt3o new colours to come out, whenever that is lol
Ducky Snake Mx Blues
Bucket list: EnduroPro, Ergodox, King's Assembly, HHKB Pro2, 55g RF
Looking for: Grey Mod set for RF 104 ANSI