Author Topic: [IC] Clueboard CNC'd Aluminum Case  (Read 22425 times)

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
Re: Clueboard CNC'd Aluminum Case
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 23 September 2016, 00:38:48 »
We got the manufacturing samples back! The grey needs to be reworked (it didn't match the first sample,) but the Silver and the Orange look fantastic! They fit together well and everything feels nice and solid.

http://imgur.com/gallery/YOwqL

If you're gonna be at the KiiboHD meetup on Saturday you'll have a chance to handle one of these yourself. They're pretty hefty boards, and very solid.

Very nice! And looking forward to seeing them this weekend.

Offline MoarCoffeePlzzz

• Formerly Deeptek
Re: [IC] Clueboard CNC'd Aluminum Case
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 09:02:40 »
Looks great. I don't see the acrylic spacer in the new renders and hope that will be an option. This sure beats the hell out of the cases with the blue jean button sized rivets, that is what kept me away from this board in the first place.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 09:09:19 »
Looks great. I don't see the acrylic spacer in the new renders and hope that will be an option. This sure beats the hell out of the cases with the blue jean button sized rivets, that is what kept me away from this board in the first place.

Just checked to see what you were talking about, found this: https://shop.clueboard.co/clueboard-66-acrylic-case-for-mx.html

Indeed those are super huge :)
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 09:09:44 »

With you on that one. You can definitely expect me to pick one up when these become available.
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline MoarCoffeePlzzz

• Formerly Deeptek
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 09:14:55 »
If the drop is successful and it does go live on MD are you going to offer the PCB, switches and stabs along with the case? I'm sure you could greatly increase your success if this is available as an all in one buy or pick and choose what pieces you want! Would love to see a kit offered. Also, would like to know if this will be an option so I can snag one off your site before they go out of stock if not!

Edit: I know there are MOQs but still one can hope :) I do not own any clueboard parts because of the previous acrylic case and this would get me 100% on board with you all. I would even pass up the RAMA & Jchan collaboration on their 65% for this beaut. Their price point is also around $150 I believe :)

I would pay around $250 easy for a kit.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 September 2016, 09:18:11 by Deeptek »

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 09:58:08 »
If the drop is successful and it does go live on MD are you going to offer the PCB, switches and stabs along with the case? I'm sure you could greatly increase your success if this is available as an all in one buy or pick and choose what pieces you want! Would love to see a kit offered. Also, would like to know if this will be an option so I can snag one off your site before they go out of stock if not!

Edit: I know there are MOQs but still one can hope :) I do not own any clueboard parts because of the previous acrylic case and this would get me 100% on board with you all. I would even pass up the RAMA & Jchan collaboration on their 65% for this beaut. Their price point is also around $150 I believe :)

I would pay around $250 easy for a kit.

Seconded!  I've been holding off on my clueboard- and the ability to get the whole thing in one go would be very appealing.

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
  • Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 12:11:44 »

I actually have switched to flat top screws and I'm countersinking the top plate now. I have pictures and a new store in the works where I'll announce it, but for now if you order an acrylic case that's what you get. The big ugly screws are gone. :)

Yes, when the buy is live you'll be able to pick up everything you need.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 12:48:54 »

I actually have switched to flat top screws and I'm countersinking the top plate now. I have pictures and a new store in the works where I'll announce it, but for now if you order an acrylic case that's what you get. The big ugly screws are gone. :)

Yes, when the buy is live you'll be able to pick up everything you need.

Hi Skully, is it confirmed that this will be happening via Massdrop or will you handle it via your webstore? Is the GB the only way to get one of these cases or will you be looking to stock some for your webstore later? I don't think I can spare enough for a case in the near future  :(
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Bucky

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 16:17:50 »
If I had known there was going to be an acrylic spacer I may have waited for this instead of the Mech27. Depending on pricing I might jump on this in addition though, it does look good.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 22:37:58 »
Good evening everyone, I'm currently in the MD gb for the Red Scarf 68 which ends tomorrow. Can anyone provide me details on why it'd be better to go w/ a Clueboard? I hope I can receive responses before the MD gb ends tomorrow. Thanks to anyone that can help me.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 08:58:32 »
Good evening everyone, I'm currently in the MD gb for the Red Scarf 68 which ends tomorrow. Can anyone provide me details on why it'd be better to go w/ a Clueboard? I hope I can receive responses before the MD gb ends tomorrow. Thanks to anyone that can help me.

I have the same concerns- but chose to go clueboard based on research.  I think that the extra space is worth the loss in keys on the right side- the air gap will help to hit those two keys, and I can program them to what I want.  I'm not interested in the lighting, so that's a lot of complexity for something I don't need.  In addition, I have the advantage of having a Red Scarf II+ Ver.b coming, so it didn't make sense for me.  And I want to support Skully, and he gives a lot of support on the build from what I've seen, and has excellent customer service and a solid product.  He's a small business owner, with the ups and downs, but I think the pros outweigh the cons.

That was my reasoning, in any case.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 09:06:29 »

I have the same concerns- but chose to go clueboard based on research.  I think that the extra space is worth the loss in keys on the right side- the air gap will help to hit those two keys, and I can program them to what I want.  I'm not interested in the lighting, so that's a lot of complexity for something I don't need.  In addition, I have the advantage of having a Red Scarf II+ Ver.b coming, so it didn't make sense for me.  And I want to support Skully, and he gives a lot of support on the build from what I've seen, and has excellent customer service and a solid product.  He's a small business owner, with the ups and downs, but I think the pros outweigh the cons.

That was my reasoning, in any case.
Thanks Chuckdee, I'll walk away from MD gb & go w/ w/ the Clueboard & new case as soon as it's available. It's that Skully will be easy to get in contact w/ if I run into any type of issue. Plus, I've talked w/ you on Reddit before, so I trust your word too. Again, thanks ChuckDee.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 September 2016, 09:31:52 by William_S_Jones »

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 09:22:50 »
Damn nice looking board.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 20:07:03 »
any news on this?

Offline Erysichthon

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 20:20:10 »
any news on this?

I believe Skully said on Reddit that it would happen before 2017 on Massdrop.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 20:26:32 »
I'd love to see this with an Alps plate as well!

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 08:11:14 »
any news on this?

Apparently the GB is hapenning right now on Massdrop
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 08:14:07 »
Anyone know if the PCB has been updated from 2.0?

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
  • Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard