Author Topic: [IC]Strong Spirit sculptured SA keyset (live on http://www.keyclack.com)  (Read 10299 times)

Offline kingnestea

Updated 14/01/2017:

Coming in February with http://www.keyclack.com

Pricing will be slightly lower than SA 1965 except Novelty/Commando kit, which has way more keys than 1965 novelty kit.

Renders with accurate rows on the way

--------------------------------------------

Hi, fellow Geekhackers,

I'd like to present you the Strong Spirit SA keyset.

The inspiration of this set came from this Zippo I bought when I was travelling in the U.S. last year.

I've been always admired to the U.S. Army stuff ever since my friend who serves in the Army told me about what he has been through in Afghanistan.

So the original idea was a Army set, but since I have used a lot of Air force symbols for novelties, I'd like to call this a military themed set.

Beside this, I've made a Gamer kit using the Army font which Jil uses it for his Commando set.

I really like that idea of Jil ever since 23 Commando, so I've named this kit as Commando kit to show my respect to him and his great work.

Jil, if you don't feel comfortable with this, please PM me and I'll remove that kit.

For the rest, please feel free to comment and any suggestion regarding child deals and novelties are welcomed since I'm not really a special layout user, I really need your help to improve the compatibility of this set.

----------------------

About the GB:

My plan is to do this with Massdrop, but I still need to figure out how that works and since I'm in contact with Melissa for SA Camping, I guess I'll go ahead and ask for a pricing first.

157620-1

148559-2

Mock up and renders:

148621-3
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 February 2017, 03:14:18 by kingnestea »

Offline Vlie

Re: [IC]Strong Spirit sculptured SA keyset
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 03:35:43 »
这是沙发吗

Offline KyleZhuang

Re: [IC]Strong Spirit sculptured SA keyset
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 03:35:45 »
awesome my bro Luo

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
REALFORCE 104 Pro-30

Offline Vigrith

Re: [IC]Strong Spirit sculptured SA keyset (Updated mock up)
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 12:36:52 »
Ah, I was wondering when this would pop up after seeing it in the Midas IC! Lovely set Nestea, the novelties are very cool, colours are great and I feel like most (all?) child kits are on point - seems you have this thought out through and through!

That said, very interested when this does come around, the theme is interesting too which adds to it.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 13:32:12 »
Ah, I was wondering when this would pop up after seeing it in the Midas IC! Lovely set Nestea, the novelties are very cool, colours are great and I feel like most (all?) child kits are on point - seems you have this thought out through and through!

That said, very interested when this does come around, the theme is interesting too which adds to it.

Thank you for your support, I really appreciate it. I'm hoping to put this on Massdrop since that's what the most of the community want. Let's start the long wait.

In the meanwhile, if there is any key required or great ideas for novelty, I'm open for it.
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 September 2016, 13:50:10 by kingnestea »

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 13:37:20 »

Thank you for your support, I really appreciate it. I'm hoping to put this on Massdorp since that's what the most of the community want. Let's start the long wait.

In the meanwhile, if there is any key required or great ideas for novelty, I'm open for it.

Massdorp?
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 13:45:41 »
Thank you for your support, I really appreciate it. I'm hoping to put this on Massdorp since that's what the most of the community want. Let's start the long wait.

Yea, Massdrop is definitely getting huge nowadays, so much exposure - the biggest deal regarding MD is the fact that people from other communities that may have very little (or even zero) interest in Mechanical Keyboards, keys, sets, etc will still be able to see it and get in on the drop if they want to. The queue is super long but for some (most maybe) sets I think it's worth it unless you already have a really well established site to run it on instead.

I'll think through some potential novelties or missing keys later and let you know if I come up with anything!

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 13:51:51 »

Massdorp?

Lol, didn't notice that, I guess it's because "dorp" is word in Dutch, it means village.
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 September 2016, 15:15:10 by kingnestea »

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 14:02:42 »

Yea, Massdrop is definitely getting huge nowadays, so much exposure - the biggest deal regarding MD is the fact that people from other communities that may have very little (or even zero) interest in Mechanical Keyboards, keys, sets, etc will still be able to see it and get in on the drop if they want to. The queue is super long but for some (most maybe) sets I think it's worth it unless you already have a really well established site to run it on instead.

I'll think through some potential novelties or missing keys later and let you know if I come up with anything!

Thank you ^^.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 14:29:06 »

Massdorp?

Lol, didn't notice that, I guess it's because "dorp" is world in Dutch, it means village.
It also says massdorp in op

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 18:41:46 »
Some renders

148876-0

148878-1

148880-2

Offline kingnestea

Re: [IC]Strong Spirit sculptured SA keyset (Updated 14/01/2017: Coming in Feb.)
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 15:58:30 »
updated kits. 14/01/2017

Offline Jedi

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 16:31:48 »
Damn this looks good. I'm in.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 23:17:05 »
Excited to see this set launching. Any chance of gold on black TKL modifiers or is that wishful thinking?

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 01:40:03 »
Excited to see this set launching. Any chance of gold on black TKL modifiers or is that wishful thinking?

I'd love to provide that, but the chance that it'll meet MOQ is very low according to my experience, therefore I've minimized the kits and dropped ergodox (which we've tried 3 times, never make it)
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 January 2017, 02:06:23 by kingnestea »

Offline JDragon

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 03:13:50 »
That's too bad. The gold mods are just a bit too bright for me. :(

Offline bkw1209

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 06:44:08 »
when start GB???

Offline LDobler

Re: [IC]Strong Spirit sculptured SA keyset (live on http://www.keyclack.com)
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 05:21:13 »
Is there a seperate option for EU buyers?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk