Author Topic: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)  (Read 868561 times)

Offline _cramil

Re: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS
« Reply #801 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 09:41:21 »
Really hope there's going to be a separate numpad board produced in this style. Right? ...right.

Wow, why didn't I even think of that!??

JCHAN!??  ;D ;D ;)
Hmm do I sense sarcasm?!?!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Not at all!! I honestly didn't even consider it - but now I definitely want to do it!!

Found in the archives.

Show Image

Show Image

HAHAHAH that's my work done!

I think it would look quite nice as a numpad :o
Dude that's awesome!  Let's do thissss

I'd be down for one!
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 March 2017, 09:53:04 by _cramil »

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #802 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 17:59:18 »
Hi everyone,

I've been getting a lot of emails about transferring spots, and picking up partial orders, and getting a small extra, or changing something out.

Unfortunately at this time, since we're about to lock things down, I won't be accepting these requests (except for 1:1 order transfers). I've organized this buy in way to lower logistics by packing everything into boxes before they're shipped to me.

I hope you understand my position, as I'm currently in the middle of an office move and a bunch of other things. So sorry to turn everyone down, but with over 400 people in this group buy, I have to stay organized and we're almost at the end.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline Tally810

« Reply #803 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 18:10:57 »
Hi everyone,

I've been getting a lot of emails about transferring spots, and picking up partial orders, and getting a small extra, or changing something out.

Unfortunately at this time, since we're about to lock things down, I won't be accepting these requests (except for 1:1 order transfers). I've organized this buy in way to lower logistics by packing everything into boxes before they're shipped to me.

I hope you understand my position, as I'm currently in the middle of an office move and a bunch of other things. So sorry to turn everyone down, but with over 400 people in this group buy, I have to stay organized and we're almost at the end.
No worries dude mechmarket it is for the trades!

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #804 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 18:57:35 »
Hi everyone,

I just cleared up a spot, if anyone is interested.

M65-A-045
- Space Gray
- Silver Aluminum Base
- Brass Plate
- Mousepad
- PCB
- $330 + shipping

Please email me - jchan@keyclack.com :)

Offline atomicus

« Reply #805 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 19:00:28 »
I would be interested in one with a Nylon base... guess you don't have any of those available?

Offline Perfex

« Reply #806 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 19:14:51 »
After the buy is completed he stated there will be extras based on a first come first serve basis.

Offline atomicus

« Reply #807 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 19:20:23 »
After the buy is completed he stated there will be extras based on a first come first serve basis.

Yes, but he's just posted one available above, and he ninja edited one out that did have a nylon base, so maybe that sold or he posted by mistake.

Offline MiracleMikuru

« Reply #808 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 20:02:18 »
First time getting LEDs for a build.
These are the times i regret not paying as much attention in physics-class as i should have.

I'm guessing I have to get resistors to match my LEDs?
If that is the case, what do I have to look out for?
I am guessing I would need 100 ohm resistors (as afaik USB provides 5V), judging from the table provided on lighthouseleds.com's 1.8mm LED product page.
Is this correct?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Tally810

« Reply #809 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 20:05:17 »
These are the times i regret not paying as much attention in physics-class as i should have.

I am guessing I would need 100 ohm resistors (as afaik USB provides 5V), judging from the table provided on lighthouseleds.com's 1.8mm LED product page.
Is this correct?

Thanks in advance!
You won't need resistors as the board will come with them already installed ready to go dude.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #810 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 20:07:59 »

Is this correct?

Thanks in advance!

It depends on the forward voltage and current of the LED. Should be listed on the product page. You can plug those into any of the numerous LED calculators out on the web with your correctly-guessed 5V USB supplied voltage to get an idea of the resistor you'll want.

Some references:

http://www.evilmadscientist.com/2012/resistors-for-leds/

A little lighter reading: https://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/219
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #811 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 20:11:57 »
You won't need resistors as the board will come with them already installed ready to go dude.

Would be good to get clarification on that, sounds unusual to have resistors provided since they are LED-specific. Diodes, yes, but resistors I think are usually user's-choice.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Tally810

« Reply #812 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 20:13:12 »

Would be good to get clarification on that, sounds unusual to have resistors provided since they are LED-specific. Diodes, yes, but resistors I think are usually user's-choice.
Good point dude I read led compatible and was assuming.  Clarification would be good

Offline MiracleMikuru

« Reply #813 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 20:18:10 »

It depends on the forward voltage and current of the LED. Should be listed on the product page. You can plug those into any of the numerous LED calculators out on the web with your correctly-guessed 5V USB supplied voltage to get an idea of the resistor you'll want.

Some references:

http://www.evilmadscientist.com/2012/resistors-for-leds/

A little lighter reading: https://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/219

Wow, you guys are fast  :eek:
Thank you very much, I'm definitely going to read up on that :thumb:

Offline kustom3

• bonjour
« Reply #814 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 20:27:32 »

Good point dude I read led compatible and was assuming.  Clarification would be good

Considering the PCBs are made by winkeyless.kr my guess would be that our PCB comes with ~820 ohm smd resistors. They also sell 910 and 1320 ohm resistors but they say that 820 ohm resistors work with all colors on 60% style PCBs.

Their resistor page + close up picture of a PCB from winkeyless.kr.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #815 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 20:38:11 »
they say that 820 ohm resistors work with all colors on 60% style PCBs.

I see it on their site, but I don't understand why they claim that. But I'm also far from an EE  :))

While we're asking questions about the PCB, what orientation is the USB port? Going to need some cable surgery to get mine to lay nicely if the longer side is up >.>

EDIT: Oh sweet baby jesus yes http://i.imgur.com/Ah8ml5f.jpg
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 March 2017, 20:39:46 by pr0ximity »

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #816 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 22:20:07 »
Just wanted to post some hype-train for this.

I just want to say... thank you for trusting me with this buy. I'm very hyped for everyone to get it. In the past few weeks, I've been working on a custom box design to make sure these are transported safely from the manufacturer -> me -> to you. I hope you're all excited for it.

Here is a teaser of what you'll get in the mail when it all comes. The exterior of the box will be custom printed as well :). I hope that this box is one of those that you keep in your garage for years to come, and one day in a few years, you magically find it and think back to this moment that you helped make this keyboard happen.

« Last Edit: Mon, 27 March 2017, 22:37:21 by jchan94 »

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #817 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 22:24:44 »

OH MAN!!

Offline RyuDragoon

« Reply #818 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 22:27:48 »
Even more of a reason to keep boxes of a product around? So glad I bought into this!

Offline Tally810

« Reply #819 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 22:35:02 »

I just want to say... thank you for trusting me with this buy. I'm very hyped for everyone to get it. In the past few weeks, I've been working on a custom box design to make sure these are transported safely from the manufacturing -> me -> to you. I hope you're all excited for it.

Here is a teaser of what you'll get in the mail when it all comes. The exterior of the box will be custom printed as well :). I hope that this box is one of those that you keep in your garage for years to come, and one day in a few years, you magically find it and think back to this moment that you helped make this keyboard happen.

Show Image

Dude that's awesome.  Going to make unboxing this thing even better and coming from someone who had a board damaged in shipping this makes me feel good.

Offline aggroxcraig

« Reply #820 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 22:46:09 »
I hope that this box is one of those that you keep in your garage for years to come, and one day in a few years, you magically find it and think back to this moment that you helped make this keyboard happen.

Oh good. Another box to add to my collection of boxes. The waifu isn't going to be happen about that.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #821 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 23:08:38 »
I hope that this box is one of those that you keep in your garage for years to come, and one day in a few years, you magically find it and think back to this moment that you helped make this keyboard happen.

Oh good. Another box to add to my collection of boxes. The waifu isn't going to be happen about that.

haha same. 
"We'll need this box for when we move in 5 years".. 
"We'll get a new box".. 
"yea but it has all this nice Styrofoam in it."
"....         ..........."
"Ok we can toss it.. BUT I'M KEEPING THIS OTHER ONE"
keyboards.

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #822 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 00:02:17 »
OMG you're giving me a hard choice choosing amongst my keyboards. I plan to keep 1-2 out of the M65-A, Duck Viper V2 and my trusty modded hhkb type-s bt with hasu. At the rate this is going, I might end up keeping all 3!

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #823 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 01:48:01 »
OMG you're giving me a hard choice choosing amongst my keyboards. I plan to keep 1-2 out of the M65-A, Duck Viper V2 and my trusty modded hhkb type-s bt with hasu. At the rate this is going, I might end up keeping all 3!

Keeping all 3 is clearly the best solution to this dilemma! ;)
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #824 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 01:52:08 »

Keeping all 3 is clearly the best solution to this dilemma! ;)

RIP wallet and space :p . This is really throwing me into a dilemma - I guess the only way is to actually get the M65-A on hand before deciding. Really interested to see the build quality and such.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #825 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 08:02:55 »
Three wee little keyboards don't take up much space! And wallets recover.. like an iguana, they grow back.  I have 9 boards including the m65a.  :'(
keyboards.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #826 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 09:16:11 »

I just want to say... thank you for trusting me with this buy. I'm very hyped for everyone to get it. In the past few weeks, I've been working on a custom box design to make sure these are transported safely from the manufacturer -> me -> to you. I hope you're all excited for it.

Show Image

Looks like theres a little extra space for another Top case, feel free to throw a hydro top case in mine to fill it I wont mind I promise!

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #827 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 16:37:31 »
Hi everyone,

M65-A-045
- Space Gray
- Silver Aluminum Base
- Brass Plate
- Mousepad
- PCB
- $330 + shipping

Sent email.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #828 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 17:02:51 »
Hi everyone,

M65-A-045
- Space Gray
- Silver Aluminum Base
- Brass Plate
- Mousepad
- PCB
- $330 + shipping

Sent email.
Get it mayne!

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #829 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 19:18:01 »
Hi everyone,

M65-A-045
- Space Gray
- Silver Aluminum Base
- Brass Plate
- Mousepad
- PCB
- $330 + shipping

Sent email.
Get it mayne!

Was too late, bro. =(

Offline Tally810

« Reply #830 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 19:18:52 »
Hi everyone,

M65-A-045
- Space Gray
- Silver Aluminum Base
- Brass Plate
- Mousepad
- PCB
- $330 + shipping

Sent email.
Get it mayne!

Was too late, bro. =(
Noooo!  There's still time and seems there will be extras too.  GL

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #831 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 22:48:32 »
Just wondering if the PCB will fit the switch holtites? Thanks!
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 March 2017, 22:56:15 by johnthedong »

Offline adamcobabe

« Reply #832 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 23:09:19 »

I was told no.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #833 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 23:37:35 »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K1qt70E2mcuaHBXYrpPHXlpl7FNaXLo0u_TOe67cVdY/pubhtml?gid=986897710&single=true

Nope. I guess you might be able to solder them in there if you really want too. But they wont stay on their on.

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #834 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 23:40:40 »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K1qt70E2mcuaHBXYrpPHXlpl7FNaXLo0u_TOe67cVdY/pubhtml?gid=986897710&single=true

Nope. I guess you might be able to solder them in there if you really want too. But they wont stay on their on.

Welp, that's not good. What about the QMK board? Will the holes and such have the same dimensions?

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #835 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 00:19:30 »

I was told no.
Welp, just saw this. I guess the QMK board is a no go too then. :(

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #836 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 00:37:56 »
if the QMK PCB is holtites compatible, I would I to upgrade as well(if it's not too late).

Offline adamcobabe

« Reply #837 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 00:44:29 »
Neither board is compatible as far as I know.

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #838 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 01:22:57 »

Oh, that's sad!

Time to practice my soldering skill then...

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #839 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 03:20:11 »

Oh, that's sad!

Hmm... given that soldering is a must, is it possible to use a different PCB with the kit? Otherwise, is it possible to pick up more PCB's for the kit after the gb has shipped? It would suck to spoil the pcb ...

Offline ectoplasmatic

« Reply #840 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 03:40:48 »
I'm a novice solderer, if you're anything like me it's gonna be really tough to solder holtites in. I would avoid trying to do that. I tried with a GH60 it did not end well. You could get a used gh60 or other board to practice on... but yeah soldering holtites is... messy. If you do go ahead try to find the thinnest solder and the thinnest pointiest iron tip you can find, that would probably help. You'll also need those "third hand" type clamps to keep the pcb elevated while you have both hands free and keep it level because you don't want to solder them in crooked. Lastly if you are using holtites and want to lube your switches make sure you don't use any thin lube (some people use on springs etc), as this can seep into the leaf and down into the holtites causing switch chatter. Just some random mistakes I made that you can learn from haha.

Edit: damn autocorrect
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 March 2017, 03:43:37 by ectoplasmatic »

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #841 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 03:57:52 »
I'm a novice solderer, if you're anything like me it's gonna be really tough to solder holtites in. I would avoid trying to do that. I tried with a GH60 it did not end well. You could get a used gh60 or other board to practice on... but yeah soldering holtites is... messy. If you do go ahead try to find the thinnest solder and the thinnest pointiest iron tip you can find, that would probably help. You'll also need those "third hand" type clamps to keep the pcb elevated while you have both hands free and keep it level because you don't want to solder them in crooked. Lastly if you are using holtites and want to lube your switches make sure you don't use any thin lube (some people use on springs etc), as this can seep into the leaf and down into the holtites causing switch chatter. Just some random mistakes I made that you can learn from haha.

Edit: damn autocorrect

Thanks for the heads up! I guess I would go with a soldered approach here not that holtites does not work out of the box. Just wondering now if there's any other board that would fit the case as that would be some form of insurance if I screw the first board up!

Offline testplsignore

• I am one with the Cup Rubber...
« Reply #842 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 04:38:45 »
Are the PCBs made by the same place that makes them for Winkeyless.kr?

He recently released a set of holtites that are designed to work with his PCBs, maybe they would work with the M65 too?
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 March 2017, 04:40:36 by testplsignore »

Realforce 10AE 45g Type-S & 55g    HHKB BT & Type-S    Realforce RGB Hype-S    FC980C    FC660C    Filco BT TKL

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #843 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 05:47:11 »
Are the PCBs made by the same place that makes them for Winkeyless.kr?

He recently released a set of holtites that are designed to work with his PCBs, maybe they would work with the M65 too?

There is only one "Holtite" socket. Winkeyless did not release their own set of Holtites that are compatible with his PCBs, the current model just happens to work in his PCBs.

Multiple people have reported that Holtites are a very tight fit in the B.face, so it may require extra pressure to get them to sit flush (which may cause some people to snap the PCB).

Offline naut

• Aerospace Engineer
« Reply #845 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 10:12:18 »

Oh, that's sad!

Hmm... given that soldering is a must, is it possible to use a different PCB with the kit? Otherwise, is it possible to pick up more PCB's for the kit after the gb has shipped? It would suck to spoil the pcb ...

Learn to Solder Kit: Hue
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GDTHTAK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_b682ybHHKNJFE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ghostdeini

[GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS
« Reply #846 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 10:49:12 »

Show Image

I'm late to the party here but this packaging is sweet -- very thoughtful and premium design! Can anyone ID the thing 2nd from the right?

Edit: just realized it's the rubber feet. Carry on!

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #847 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 11:01:25 »

Oh, that's sad!

:P I am an electrical engineer by trade, although it's been quite awhile since I did any soldering. Time to hit the irons again to practice haha

Offline naut

• Aerospace Engineer
[GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS
« Reply #848 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 11:05:49 »

Oh, that's sad!

:P I am an electrical engineer by trade, although it's been quite awhile since I did any soldering. Time to hit the irons again to practice haha

;) It'll come back fast then.

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #849 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 11:46:44 »

Oh, that's sad!

;) It'll come back fast then.

I'd still need more spare PCB's just in case lol.  :))