Author Topic: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)  (Read 868143 times)

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
Re: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS
« Reply #1000 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 09:37:30 »
Will people in the group buy be able to swap colors before the extras go on sale?

The amount of emails jchan would have to sift through of people asking to switch and then having to redo stock of all the switches to make sure the aftermarket stock is completely correct. and the inevitable emails from people saying "hey so id like to switch my case color but could i also switch to a brass plate", would just be way to much. I couldn't see this as feasible without him having to delay the group buy shipment, which to me isn't okay for that reason.  If your color preferances have changed since you started the group buy either try to set up a swap with someone else that is looking for a different color, or attempt to buy the color you want fcfs and then sell the other board.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #1001 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 09:46:05 »
Will people in the group buy be able to swap colors before the extras go on sale?

The amount of emails jchan would have to sift through of people asking to switch and then having to redo stock of all the switches to make sure the aftermarket stock is completely correct. and the inevitable emails from people saying "hey so id like to switch my case color but could i also switch to a brass plate", would just be way to much. I couldn't see this as feasible without him having to delay the group buy shipment, which to me isn't okay for that reason.  If your color preferances have changed since you started the group buy either try to set up a swap with someone else that is looking for a different color, or attempt to buy the color you want fcfs and then sell the other board.

I feel the same way. If you didn't order what you wanted, it's too late to change it. Just handle it after the groupbuy; there's a much higher chance of things getting delayed or shipped wrong with so many changes to orders than if you handle it person to person afterwards.

My $0.02.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #1002 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 10:09:46 »
I feel like every time someone asks a question my keyboard is going to ship one day later.
This so much.  Lol. 

Edit:  There's about to be a lot of these in the wild soon.  A simple mm post will probably get you what you are looking for as far as trades go.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 April 2017, 10:11:33 by Tally810 »

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #1003 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 11:05:19 »
I feel like every time someone asks a question my keyboard is going to ship one day later.
This so much.  Lol. 

Edit:  There's about to be a lot of these in the wild soon.  A simple mm post will probably get you what you are looking for as far as trades go.

Honestly jchan should just cut off all changes in invoices now and let the aftermarket handle any changing of hands.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1004 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 21:27:12 »
jchan is a saint to allow transfers in the first place.  I'm in the boat of saying at this point, live with what you bought.  :D
keyboards.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #1005 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 21:35:52 »
I hadn't realized that this thread was lit until now.

I'll read through it after dinner and see what is up.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline Atredl

« Reply #1006 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 23:54:26 »

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #1007 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 15:25:46 »
Is it here yet, is it here yet, is it here yet?????

Offline ghostdeini

« Reply #1008 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 21:54:18 »
It's so close I can taste it. I've got my soldering iron warming up.

I'd love to see a photo of the shipment pallet when it arrives, like you guys did for Hydro!

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #1009 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 23:23:59 »
Glad everyone is hyped. It's been a  long week.

Hope to get everyone processed soon. I'm already talking to the manufacturer about bulk production and working internal logistics. So far, working off of the Google doc has been way better to organize this buy, but we'll build for the future in our next crazy purchase.

If you think about it, there were an insane number of skus possible.

6 top colors, 7 base choices, 2 plate material choices, optional 6 base addons, and optional Mousepads.

Get hyped. Working hard towards our mid April delivery. Will keep everyone updated as we work towards that.

Just an FYI, I will be moving offices during this time, so there may be a slight delay with all of this. Such is life, as we move onto bigger and better things.

Thanks for supporting the M65,  and this collaboration between  Rama and I. We've been working at this since September and it's been a long time coming.

Time to go to sleep now... It's 2am and I slept at 5am last night. Have a good day wherever you are in the world ;)

Congratulations! Now I'm looking forward to hear something about the sandwich case :thumb:

I was going to go forward with that case, but then decided that it isn't that awesome. Instead, I have an acrylic case being made right now, and I'll show it off when it is ready. But that's for a future time. It's currently being prototyped.

I thought maybe its time to get some nice plate colors, so I chose pink, mint, cyan, and purple for the plates :).

Offline atomicus

« Reply #1010 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 04:20:37 »
I was going to go forward with that case, but then decided that it isn't that awesome. Instead, I have an acrylic case being made right now, and I'll show it off when it is ready. But that's for a future time. It's currently being prototyped.

I thought maybe its time to get some nice plate colors, so I chose pink, mint, cyan, and purple for the plates :).

Sounds amazing, can't wait to see that! Will it incorporate the same PCB as the M65-A then?

Offline Hydra04

« Reply #1011 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 09:05:21 »
Glad everyone is hyped. It's been a  long week.

Hope to get everyone processed soon. I'm already talking to the manufacturer about bulk production and working internal logistics. So far, working off of the Google doc has been way better to organize this buy, but we'll build for the future in our next crazy purchase.

If you think about it, there were an insane number of skus possible.

6 top colors, 7 base choices, 2 plate material choices, optional 6 base addons, and optional Mousepads.

Get hyped. Working hard towards our mid April delivery. Will keep everyone updated as we work towards that.

Just an FYI, I will be moving offices during this time, so there may be a slight delay with all of this. Such is life, as we move onto bigger and better things.

Thanks for supporting the M65,  and this collaboration between  Rama and I. We've been working at this since September and it's been a long time coming.

Time to go to sleep now... It's 2am and I slept at 5am last night. Have a good day wherever you are in the world ;)

Congratulations! Now I'm looking forward to hear something about the sandwich case :thumb:

I'm looking forward to this case!
How far is this "future time"? ;D

Offline Citizen404

« Reply #1012 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 11:43:35 »
Hey Jchan,

Lurker here. Was wondering if you could help me out with the delivery dates as I am moving back to South Korea on May 17th. :)

Best
SeungRyul

Offline Jedi

« Reply #1013 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 12:53:08 »
Hey Jchan,

Lurker here. Was wondering if you could help me out with the delivery dates as I am moving back to South Korea on May 17th. :)

Best
SeungRyul

Email him as he says this is the best way to reach him jchan@keyclack.com. Also, be sure to put your order number in the subject line. You may have already done that, just offering a recommendation.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1014 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 05:32:58 »
Got any pics to revive my hype? I'm getting a bit bored...

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #1015 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 14:14:32 »
un
Got any pics to revive my hype? I'm getting a bit bored...

Thing should ship in 1-2 weeks and then your hype will be revived!

Offline Citizen404

« Reply #1016 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 19:14:43 »
Hey Jchan,

Best
SeungRyul

Email him as he says this is the best way to reach him jchan@keyclack.com. Also, be sure to put your order number in the subject line. You may have already done that, just offering a recommendation.

Yup already did that! Thanks for the suggestion :D

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #1017 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 18:34:28 »
Thesiscamper made some renders with M65A and DSA Miami Dolch. Definitely a cool set that's been waiting a long time to make it out, so definitely check it out.

I keep hoping back and forth between which set will be used on the matte black board.

Edit: I asked for an update on everything, but it seems like chinese labor day has taken all communication down to everyone in China. We should hear back shortly and hopefully tomorrow.  In other news, I finalized my office move. Just got some cleanup and work-flow optimization to do now.

Full album by b1g_bird on reddit - http://imgur.com/a/RpWAQ

Offline kustom3

• bonjour
« Reply #1018 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 19:10:16 »
[...]
I keep hoping back and forth between which set will be used on the matte black board.
[...]

I'm almost glad I'm not the only one struggling! I was seriously tempted by GMK Laser but the last set of renders turned out to be disappointing to me. I dig Miami Dolch's colorway but not SP's DSA.
Nowadays I'm mostly tempted by a black on dark grey PBT set or something OG to match one of my Goupil keyboards.

Offline Mr_Grandis

« Reply #1019 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 21:35:30 »
I have just registered on geekhack not long ago and I just found this keyboard recently! I am really interested in the M65A but I was too late to join the groupbuy on time, I would like to know are there any methods to join the buy now?
Sorry for the stupid question
Leopold FC980M w/ GMK Honeywell

Offline joshuaauger

« Reply #1020 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 21:39:50 »
I have just registered on geekhack not long ago and I just found this keyboard recently! I am really interested in the M65A but I was too late to join the groupbuy on time, I would like to know are there any methods to join the buy now?

If you look just one page back you can see that if/when there are extras for sale they will sell on jchan's site.

Offline obviouslygene

« Reply #1021 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 02:34:14 »
[...]
[...]

I'm almost glad I'm not the only one struggling! I was seriously tempted by GMK Laser but the last set of renders turned out to be disappointing to me. I dig Miami Dolch's colorway but not SP's DSA.
Nowadays I'm mostly tempted by a black on dark grey PBT set or something OG to match one of my Goupil keyboards.

also glad im not the only matte black board struggling too!
looking at oblivion or /dev/tty but miami dolch looks pretty damn good too.

Offline wongie

« Reply #1022 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 02:37:50 »
Thesiscamper made some renders with M65A and DSA Miami Dolch. Definitely a cool set that's been waiting a long time to make it out, so definitely check it out.

Edit: I asked for an update on everything, but it seems like chinese labor day has taken all communication down to everyone in China. We should hear back shortly and hopefully tomorrow.  In other news, I finalized my office move. Just got some cleanup and work-flow optimization to do now.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Been looking forward to seeing a matte black render. Now I'm stuck over whether to get a black instead of grey for my second board  :-\

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #1023 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 03:24:01 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Been looking forward to seeing a matte black render. Now I'm stuck over whether to get a black instead of grey for my second board  :-\

I'd be all over this set, if it weren't for GMK Laser...

I'd prefer the Laser in DSA Profile, but the Laser colours are just so striking

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1024 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 07:24:47 »
There's a good chance the final colors won't be as electrically neon as the renders.. I'd bank on it.
keyboards.

Offline rioc

« Reply #1025 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 07:26:22 »
There's a good chance the final colors won't be as electrically neon as the renders.. I'd bank on it.

true, but it's still got me due to the GITS novelties and hiragana...

Offline Mr_Grandis

« Reply #1026 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 08:07:52 »

If you look just one page back you can see that if/when there are extras for sale they will sell on jchan's site.
I must be blind to miss that info on the last page, thanks for reminding me :)
Leopold FC980M w/ GMK Honeywell

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #1027 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 02:40:56 »
Major Update

Hi everyone,

About 10 days ago, I got an update from the manufacturer stating that the shipment would be ready approximately 4/30/17.

Unfortunately, the shipment is not ready, but is just about to finish anodizing. The manufacturer has told me that, in order to keep the quality to our collective standards, we will need to add a few days to QC, and then sort everything.

But what is sorting?

- Packaging assembly
- Top Piece
- Base Piece
- Rubber Feet
- Screws
- Plate
- Weight

So when is it shipping out to Keyclack

The manufacturer has informed me that shipping will occur 5/12/17.

But when do I (the participant) receive it?

Well, shipping might be a tad difficult. The box is approximately (these are just measurements I have in my head) 12 x 8 x 6 inches each. Times that by 400 or so, and I think we have.... if my math is correct: Really Big. So it'll take a while to get here, on top of sorting through it.

Realistically, and not optimistically, you'll get it in June.

Okay, so what can I (the participant) do now?

If you'd like to get a refund. That is completely fine. I understand, and that is not an issue. Please email your order number (starts with M65A) + email + shipping address to support@keyclack.com ;

June is so far away though

Yes it is. And I'm very sorry, as I've tried my best to keep things up to speed. And I'm actually glad to say that this buy has lasted approximately 14 weeks (after payment period ended).

Lastly

If you have any concerns, please email me at support@keyclack.com and I'll respond when I get the chance. Oh, and extras are available after the group buy ships.

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #1028 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 02:50:01 »
Pfft refund.  No way man.  You're communicative, responsible, a pleasant person and the board is amazing.  If someone drops because of a month or two, they're simply either a brat or insane.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #1029 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 02:55:02 »
Yeah, I'm with onmybikedrunk on this one. No refunds here. Been lots of updates along the way and I can't wait to get my hands on that sexy blue case :)

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1030 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 02:55:39 »
Ah well, could be worse I guess.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #1031 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 02:59:43 »
Thanks for the kind words :). I really appreciate it! :D

In any case, I have also emailed every participant I have on file to help spread the news.

Cheers and have a good night everyone.

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #1032 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 03:07:01 »
This has so far been the best big group buy I have been in in terms of communication.

And even if the board arrives in July, that would be really fast in my opinion... especially for a custom!

Other group buys take years to complete! (not looking at you 7bit  :)))

Thanks for running this JChan keep up the good work!
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline rioc

« Reply #1033 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 03:11:29 »
Refund? No way... I want that thing! I'll be getting this and TriC 80 in June, that's a treat ;)

and then sometime later this year the skog... what an expensive year this is regarding the keysets already bought and to come too

Offline joshuaauger

« Reply #1034 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 05:03:00 »
The only downside to more QC time is that I have to wait longer to get a chance to own one!

If anyone is even CONSIDERING a refund, and seriously who would, let me know first I'll probably take your spot off your hands ;)

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #1035 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 05:13:57 »
If someone has a Rose Gold one and wants a refund I'll take it off ya ;)
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1036 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 05:26:59 »
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #1037 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 05:34:22 »

At this time jchan is no longer doing transfers, only refunds which will then go into retail stock.

Offline Fullcream

« Reply #1038 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 05:42:06 »
thanks for the email jchan  :-*
Never once did I think this is taking too long.

Offline Asbrodeus

« Reply #1039 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 06:27:38 »
June so far away  :)) Obviously anyone asking for a refund needs to buy more things so they forget when this is supposed to ship.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #1040 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 08:40:25 »

At this time jchan is no longer doing transfers, only refunds which will then go into retail stock.

Yeap I know that, I'm in for a one originally, figured I'd indicate my interest for a second one :)
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline I_need_a_bath

« Reply #1041 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 10:19:21 »
Thanks for the awesome updates! Delays suck, but I really appreciate your communication and I'm super stoked for the board!

Offline Tally810

« Reply #1042 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 10:28:53 »
Thanks for the update.  Not hopping off this ship though and updates are very Uchiha appreciated.  Seems you guys are doing this the right way which is very exciting.  Thanks!

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #1043 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 12:55:19 »
Thanks for the update.  Not hopping off this ship though and updates are very Uchiha appreciated.  Seems you guys are doing this the right way which is very exciting.  Thanks!

Uchiha? I'm confused what Naruto has to do with this  :p

In any case, all emails have been responded to. Looks like we have a few more extras now.

Offline rioc

« Reply #1044 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 12:56:36 »

In any case, all emails have been responded to. Looks like we have a few more extras now.

Is there a rose gold amongst the new extras?

Offline Tally810

« Reply #1045 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 12:58:00 »

Uchiha? I'm confused what Naruto has to do with this 

Lol autocorrect.  Very much appreciated 

Offline imprevade

« Reply #1046 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 12:59:05 »
Looks like we have a few more extras now.

The silver lining.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #1047 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 13:00:17 »

Is there a rose gold amongst the new extras?

Only reporting the top piece:

Matte black
Space Gray
Space Gray
Silver
Rose Gold

Offline imprevade

« Reply #1048 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 13:03:11 »

Matte black
Space Gray
Space Gray
Silver
Rose Gold

Hows about you send me an invoice for that silver boy.  ;)

Offline squeakypizza

« Reply #1049 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 13:05:08 »

Matte black
Space Gray
Space Gray
Silver
Rose Gold

Hows about you send me an invoice for that silver boy.  ;)

I already got a Space Gray on the way.  I would totally take that Matte Black after seeing those renders!