Author Topic: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)  (Read 860039 times)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)
« Reply #3500 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 10:26:32 »
I seem to be having a serious problem with static discharge and my m65-a.  Any tips on what I can do/solder to help it ground better when I touch the aluminum case?  I try to discharge before I use it, but sometimes I just don't think/am in the middle of something else

I know a lot of people make a bridge from the ground on USB cables to their alu cases to prevent static

I've read the above solution before, but I never gained a clear understanding of the solution.  Are you saying that we should use the mesh wire layer of the cable (underneath the foil and above the inner wires) and somehow bring it outside of the cable and tape it to the case?  I'd be interested in seeing this done but it sounds messy and difficult to plug and unplug (tape and un-tape, i guess).  Or do you actually bridge off of the black ground wire and have that sticking out somehow?  I've made a few of my own usb cables, so I understand a bit, but this seems wonky.

Anyone have an elegant example of this they want to share pics of?

Also, wouldn't this still shock you?  It would travel down the USB cable to your computer and not the PCB, but still shock you, no?

I'm also a bit confused/curious about this process

Okay, I think I might get it now.  So I think what you do is solder a wire to the usb connector (the one on the board).  Then, you run that wire out a bit and put a terminal connector on it like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BVXW9E/ref=s9_acsd_topr_hd_bw_bKl0UF_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=TNGCS4E6CXMSW82ZNGQA&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=a7ec853b-88f3-5c27-9047-93e96e7f18af&pf_rd_i=306730011

Not that exact one, b/c i think that one is huge for this job, but to give you an idea.

For the M65-a, you could put that o-ring connector between a screw and the back of the plate (probably the one to the right of the usb connector would be easiest).

I believe I'll give it a shot!
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 March 2018, 10:35:20 by reececonrad »

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #3501 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 10:33:26 »
The rubber feet do help, but I also know that nylon and other synthetic materials like polyester have a tendency to hold (static) charge more easily. It reminds me of wearing sweatpants and rubbing against a carpet. It's a far-fetched idea, but there aren't many nylon-bottom keyboards out there, so I think it's a concern that could be had, coupled with potential issues with the circuitry on the board.

Offline Waah

« Reply #3502 on: Sun, 25 March 2018, 20:30:39 »
This. Decided to check this thread as I haven't gotten a response either for an M65-A (not extras, original GB order).

No ill will here - all my other orders (minus MC Rebirth, still unsure as to what is going on with that one) were fulfilled without issues. I know what he's been through and at this point waiting a little bit more doesn't bother me. Just concerned that the GB is marked complete, yet my order was not fulfilled. Hopefully nobody else is in the same situation.
Still nothing here. Anybody have any insight as to why jchan is entirely ignoring some people?

He's probably avoiding everyone to do with MC Rebirth, I remember seeing someone else get replies on any project apart from MCRB. :rolleyes:
Well what's the situation with that set? At worst, it's a "I don't have the product and can't give you a refund either". If it is completely out of his control, so be it.

These boards on the other hand, were in his possession. Doesn't help that I was promised a tracking number a month back.

From the lack of information on that topic, it's believable the worst scenario is what's happening.

Seems odd that he doesn't want to wrap this up, considering they are on hand as you say...
Just posting so people don't think I was left hanging. Got the board earlier last week. Unfortunately the plate in space gray was no longer available. Extra plate (in silver) and PCB was provided for the delays and whatnot, but that doesn't matter much. Going to move on now.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #3503 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 01:22:46 »
I am also having a QMK related caps lock issue.

My keymap worked perfectly for a while, and then one day for some reason my LCtrl started registering as Caps Lock.

I changed KC_LCTRL to KC_CAPS for that key and now it works properly as LCtrl for some reason. Also, my LAlt key stopped working until I changed LALT to LGUI in my keymap. My win keys have stopped working entirely.

So to summarize:
My LCtrl is mapped to KC_CAPS, which produces a LCtrl keypress.
My LAlt is mapped to KC_LGUI, which produces a LAlt keypress.
My LGui is mapped to KC_LALT, which doesn't do anything.
My RGui is mapped to KC_RGUI, which doesn't do anything.

I have no clue what's going on. My board works, at least, but I'd really like to get my QMK keymap associated with the proper keys (and also get my Winkeys working again).

I don't see any shorts or messed up components. All keys work properly when I map them to something else besides what's listed above.

Anyone have any idea?

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #3504 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 02:23:59 »

My keymap worked perfectly for a while, and then one day for some reason my LCtrl started registering as Caps Lock.

I changed KC_LCTRL to KC_CAPS for that key and now it works properly as LCtrl for some reason. Also, my LAlt key stopped working until I changed LALT to LGUI in my keymap. My win keys have stopped working entirely.

So to summarize:

I have no clue what's going on. My board works, at least, but I'd really like to get my QMK keymap associated with the proper keys (and also get my Winkeys working again).

I don't see any shorts or messed up components. All keys work properly when I map them to something else besides what's listed above.

Anyone have any idea?

Super strange issue! Different issue from mine, since if I map to other key my caps lock and lshift the caps lock triggering the lshift is still present.

Did you try reset the board, and make clean then flash again the default layout with only one layout?

Offline JDragon

« Reply #3505 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 14:39:19 »

So to summarize:

Anyone have any idea?

Super strange issue! Different issue from mine, since if I map to other key my caps lock and lshift the caps lock triggering the lshift is still present.

Did you try reset the board, and make clean then flash again the default layout with only one layout?

Yup, I have the same issue with the default key map also.

Offline dohmain

« Reply #3506 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 23:49:22 »

So to summarize:

Anyone have any idea?

Yup, I have the same issue with the default key map also.

Use QMK Toolbox, Reset EEPROM then flash your hex.

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3507 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 02:57:45 »
Got an answer from Jchan, from him it is a dead track (I also had a dead track for one LED that I solved by direclty solder the led leg to the resistor). He is sending me a new pcb. I don’t know if I will be motivated enough to unsolder everything :(.

You should contact jchan too for your issues (support@keyclack.com)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3508 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 07:35:20 »
I would be mare than happy to desolder it for you for free; however, we are not very close if you are indeed in France.

Hopefully the replacement won’t have the same issues

Offline Valaris

« Reply #3509 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 08:08:30 »
Out of curiousity, all of you having issues have which PCB? I'm wondering if the issues listed are exlusive to one or the other.

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3510 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 08:25:09 »
I would be mare than happy to desolder it for you for free; however, we are not very close if you are indeed in France.

Hopefully the replacement won’t have the same issues

This is very nice, but I think I will keep it this way still the software fix is quite ok and keep a spare PCB under the hand just in case X)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3511 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 10:16:26 »
Out of curiousity, all of you having issues have which PCB? I'm wondering if the issues listed are exlusive to one or the other.

Jchan would know better than any of us, but from what I've read in this thread it seems that the "suddenly lost a working layout after weeks of use" is the QMK boards.  Both the Ps2avr and QMK boards have issues with underglow leds.  Another thing they both have in common is people discharging static shock into the board through the case.  I'm going to guess they could be related.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 March 2018, 12:00:04 by reececonrad »

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #3512 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 10:23:29 »
Anyone else have problems with shipping from Keyclack?

I paid nearly two weeks ago, and shipping was confirmed on the 19th via e-mail. DHL then asked me for an import fee to my country, which I paid immediately. However, looking at the tracking its been over a week and still 'Shipment not yet picked up by DHL' is the status. DHL have confirmed they haven't been given a time slot by the vendor as yet for collection

I've sent Jchan a few emails, support tickets and Discord messages which have gone unanswered, even when he has been answering friends that were looking to buy, but no response. And I've heard of at least one other order that has been paid for post mine, and shipped already in the meantime as well. (this is for an in stock item btw). Anyone any ideas?

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3513 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 16:05:04 »

I paid nearly two weeks ago, and shipping was confirmed on the 19th via e-mail. DHL then asked me for an import fee to my country, which I paid immediately. However, looking at the tracking its been over a week and still 'Shipment not yet picked up by DHL' is the status. DHL have confirmed they haven't been given a time slot by the vendor as yet for collection

I've sent Jchan a few emails, support tickets and Discord messages which have gone unanswered, even when he has been answering friends that were looking to buy, but no response. And I've heard of at least one other order that has been paid for post mine, and shipped already in the meantime as well. (this is for an in stock item btw). Anyone any ideas?

... unfortunately I did face this issue, TWICE: I order some Budapest SA keyset like 3 months ago and I also got a tracking stucked to « not picked up yet ».. told jchan, he told me he will investigate and boom magic tracking moved (with LOOOOTS of update, so it is not as id DHL tracking was bad).
I order the m65a cosmos, same **** again... have to send 2 emails before it magically move!

Long story short: I received both the Budapest SA and M65-A, so I cannot say Jchan don’t deliver, but I just feel he create shippment very early (which generate tracking), then actually give the package to DHL waaay later as he told (1/2 weeks after telling me it is shipped). Not very good business ethics but.. it seems that some people make it an habit in this community :/

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #3514 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 21:07:00 »
The vast majority of buyers, I feel.

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3516 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 06:46:37 »
New issue.. It is not only the caps lock that trigger the lshift, but also the fact that when inswitch led are ON, the fn layer is totally ****ed up:
if I press fn + w for up key, it do not work
if I press fn + a, s ,d for left down right arrow, it work but KEEP pressing the key when I stop pressing the asd but while I am holding fn...
if I press fn + z ,x ,c ,v or any other key that I map to RGB setting it does not respond
if I press fn + lctrl it does not go into DFU

> IF inswitch LED is of, all the fn function detailed above are working properly. This is super strange..

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #3517 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 00:42:05 »
Was wondering if anyone sole is having issues with the RGB lights. I have had two JC65's from keyclack, one that came with my lilac cosmo and one i purchased for backup where they both had all the RGB go out. Not sure what happened or why?

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #3518 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 00:49:18 »
Got an answer from Jchan, from him it is a dead track (I also had a dead track for one LED that I solved by direclty solder the led leg to the resistor). He is sending me a new pcb. I don’t know if I will be motivated enough to unsolder everything :(.

You should contact jchan too for your issues (support@keyclack.com)
Lucky, when i contacted support@keyclack the best he could do was sell me a PCB for half off. New one Arrived DOA requested a refund waiting to hear back. I have two PCB rgb issues now and a third dead. Will try my luck with a winkeyless pcb in the eventual future when i gets paid.

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3519 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 04:52:28 »
I am waiting for my replacement jc65 pcb... I hope it will be okay and fully functional !!!

Worst case scenario, I think we can fit this kind of pcb inside: https://sentraq.com/products/65-rgb-underglow-pcb
Or maybe I am wrong :/ ...

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3520 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 09:16:27 »
I am waiting for my replacement jc65 pcb... I hope it will be okay and fully functional !!!

Worst case scenario, I think we can fit this kind of pcb inside: https://sentraq.com/products/65-rgb-underglow-pcb

I believe you can but the switches have north facing leds that will not work perfectly with cherry profile keycaps.  The 65% board from winkeyless should work

http://winkeyless.kr/product/22mini-b-x2-pcb/

You may have to file a very small area down but it’s easy to do

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #3521 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 12:36:21 »

I believe you can but the switches have north facing leds that will not work perfectly with cherry profile keycaps.  The 65% board from winkeyless should work

http://winkeyless.kr/product/22mini-b-x2-pcb/

You may have to file a very small area down but it’s easy to do

Yeah i was thinking Winkeyless as well but with them doing all the soldering of the diodes and stuff comes out to 67 with out shipping. Will bet one but will have to wait a bit.

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #3522 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 12:38:38 »

I forgot about Sentraq might have to pick that up, i know they some ordering and shipping issues lately, hopefully all that is resolved when i order lol.

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3523 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 18:11:30 »
I will wait to receive my replacement jc65, test it fully before soldering, finger crossed it will be fine. It is quite frustrating to have this beautiful lilac m65a with Budapest SA on it, already built but not fully functional :(

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #3524 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 23:27:35 »
I will wait to receive my replacement jc65, test it fully before soldering, finger crossed it will be fine. It is quite frustrating to have this beautiful lilac m65a with Budapest SA on it, already built but not fully functional :(

Lol i have the exact same setup

With under glow not working!!!!!!!!!!! because FML. Gave up on the jc65 will just go with the sentraq

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3525 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 09:39:28 »

With under glow not working!!!!!!!!!!! because FML. Gave up on the jc65 will just go with the sentraq

Good luck with sentraq, told me if it works. I just finish desoldering all my m65a (the moment you regret having solder all in switch led!). Now I am waiting for the new pcb to arrive and will rebuild, hopefully it will be okay!

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #3526 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 00:52:51 »

Thanks will do

Good luck with sentraq, told me if it works. I just finish desoldering all my m65a (the moment you regret having solder all in switch led!). Now I am waiting for the new pcb to arrive and will rebuild, hopefully it will be okay!

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #3527 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 14:23:56 »
Weren’t we supposed to get a freebie gift in March for participating in this group buy?

Did I miss anything? :(

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.
« Reply #3528 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 17:10:33 »

You have to trim a little for the screw holes at the top, but otherwise it's great!

Offline swangful

« Reply #3529 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 23:18:53 »

So to summarize:

Anyone have any idea?

weird this just started happening to me today as well. did you ever figure out a fix?

EDIT: Just reset EEPROM and reflashed, all is well now.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 April 2018, 23:29:25 by swangful »

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3530 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 08:00:26 »
Issue solved, just received the replacement qmk pcb from Jchan today, resolder it, and now it is fully functional. Funny fact: my screw in zeal stab do not short anything on this pcb, even no need for some tape under the screw.

I just solder two in switch led (caps lock + escape) to check, it works. I will wait for the new 100 led from AliExpress to arrive since the previous one do not really look nice after desoldering. It will let me some time to check the board to be 100% sure it is okay ^^’

Offline Velvet_Crowe

« Reply #3531 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 09:31:09 »
The underglow LEDs on my ps2avrgb pcb stopped working (LEDs 10-16)... anyone know what the issue might be? I double checked its not a screw shorting it, I've double checked bootmapper and I also tried different usb ports with different cables... no luck. The weird thing is it briefly started to work again yesterday after playing around with stuff in bootmapper and plugging/unpluging the usb, but then it stopped working again and I don' t know what I did to temporarily "fix it".
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 April 2018, 09:36:07 by Velvet_Crowe »
Current daily: OTD 356mini v1 (Red) | OTD 356CL (Gunmetal) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Black) | zekk.works Ogre (Dark Grey) | Noxary Vulcan Pro (Silver/Red) | 488 Pista Spider (Red)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3532 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 10:14:37 »
The underglow LEDs on my ps2avrgb pcb stopped working (LEDs 10-16)... anyone know what the issue might be? I double checked its not a screw shorting it, I've double checked bootmapper and I also tried different usb ports with different cables... no luck. The weird thing is it briefly started to work again yesterday after playing around with stuff in bootmapper and plugging/unpluging the usb, but then it stopped working again and I don' t know what I did to temporarily "fix it".

Sounds like broken continuity to me.  If a solder joint was just barely connected it could work on and off again with luck. Maybe that’s why it worked for a while when you were messing with it.

I would reflow the solder in led 9 and 10 to see if that fixed it. If that doesn’t work I would email jchan.

I suppose led 10 could need replacement.

Offline Velvet_Crowe

« Reply #3533 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 10:21:58 »

Sounds like broken continuity to me.  If a solder joint was just barely connected it could work on and off again with luck. Maybe that’s why it worked for a while when you were messing with it.

I would reflow the solder in led 9 and 10 to see if that fixed it. If that doesn’t work I would email jchan.

I suppose led 10 could need replacement.
Omg... ty so much your suggestion worked. I just reflowed LED 10 and everything lights up again. How does a solder joint just degrade like that?
Current daily: OTD 356mini v1 (Red) | OTD 356CL (Gunmetal) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Black) | zekk.works Ogre (Dark Grey) | Noxary Vulcan Pro (Silver/Red) | 488 Pista Spider (Red)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3534 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 11:08:59 »
Could have just barely been holding on and vibration broke it lose.  Could have been flux residue that eroded a weak connection (probably not likely in such short time).  Glad it worked.

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #3535 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 12:35:00 »
Mine has stopped working completely, pretty sure I shocked it with ESD and now when I plug it in it seems to continually reset. I'm going to try replacing the MCU, but I can't believe they seem to have skimped on the like 40 cents it would have cost to add ESD protection.... Maybe I'll try to kludge some on myself :P
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3536 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 12:36:30 »
Mine has stopped working completely, pretty sure I shocked it with ESD and now when I plug it in it seems to continually reset. I'm going to try replacing the MCU, but I can't believe they seem to have skimped on the like 40 cents it would have costed to add ESD protection.... Maybe I'll try to kludge some on myself :P

ps2avr or QMK board?

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #3537 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 13:41:16 »
Weren’t we supposed to get a freebie gift in March for participating in this group buy?

Did I miss anything? :(
Lol, if how the GB has gone was anything to go by, I wouldn't hold out for any freebies anytime soon...
pls gief bbv2

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #3538 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 02:05:47 »
Mine has stopped working completely, pretty sure I shocked it with ESD and now when I plug it in it seems to continually reset. I'm going to try replacing the MCU, but I can't believe they seem to have skimped on the like 40 cents it would have costed to add ESD protection.... Maybe I'll try to kludge some on myself :P

ps2avr or QMK board?

ps2avr
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline ExcitingWriting

« Reply #3539 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 02:34:45 »
Can anyone help me kill the godforsaken backlight on the QMK JC65?

Neither RGBLIGHT_ENABLE = no
no
BACKLIGHT ENABLE = no

do anything to help.

After flashing with the default from git, it has a perpetual BRIGHT green backlight on and i just can't end this freaking light. Please.... help?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3540 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 10:54:12 »
Can anyone help me kill the godforsaken backlight on the QMK JC65?

Neither RGBLIGHT_ENABLE = no
no
BACKLIGHT ENABLE = no

do anything to help.

After flashing with the default from git, it has a perpetual BRIGHT green backlight on and i just can't end this freaking light. Please.... help?

I've seen other posts about a green light.  Email jchan.  It's a common issue apparently

Offline typischt

« Reply #3541 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 18:22:12 »
After reading some comments about ESD problems: I have an unbuilt cosmos M65 with QMK PCB which I'll build soon. Is there a way to prevent problems with ESD? The PCB might be damaged because of this, right? 

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3542 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 19:52:30 »
After reading some comments about ESD problems: I have an unbuilt cosmos M65 with QMK PCB which I'll build soon. Is there a way to prevent problems with ESD? The PCB might be damaged because of this, right?

I’ve sat with mine unbuilt for 2 months now because I’m worried about it.  I had switches in it just to see what I wanted to use (unsoldered). This was back when it  as very cold and my heater ran a lot, but I discharged on the case several times causing a reboot. Many times I was just sitting there and it built up (probably from my feet on carpet)

I ran a humidifier to help but I’m honestly hoping there is a fix before I build it.

I tried to bring it up in the m60-a forum to see is Rama might take interest to investigate but it didn’t go anywhere. 

Offline Atredl

« Reply #3543 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 21:05:42 »

I’ve sat with mine unbuilt for 2 months now because I’m worried about it.  I had switches in it just to see what I wanted to use (unsoldered). This was back when it  as very cold and my heater ran a lot, but I discharged on the case several times causing a reboot. Many times I was just sitting there and it built up (probably from my feet on carpet)

I ran a humidifier to help but I’m honestly hoping there is a fix before I build it.

I tried to bring it up in the m60-a forum to see is Rama might take interest to investigate but it didn’t go anywhere.
I don’t think Rama would know much about the pcb. Especially since the pcb was called the JC65. Jchan would be the one to ask but, unfortunately, we all know how tough it can be to get an answer like that from him.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3544 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 21:54:22 »

I don’t think Rama would know much about the pcb. Especially since the pcb was called the JC65. Jchan would be the one to ask but, unfortunately, we all know how tough it can be to get an answer like that from him.

I understand.  I just thought it might peak his interest to know there are issues with it.  Just trying to plant a seed :)

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #3545 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 03:24:12 »

I understand.  I just thought it might peak his interest to know there are issues with it.  Just trying to plant a seed :)

*pique
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #3546 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:29:41 »

Some people have put some electrical tape under and around the screws (for the stabilizers). I believe zambumon put some on his (reference - https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/85b2f0/inside_the_m65/), but you can't see a photo of it.

Personally, I have carpet at home, but have not had issues regarding discharge. Usually cotton socks (from my experience) cause static build up.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #3547 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 09:52:31 »
Ever since I moved to my new place, ESD has been a problem with my keyboard--identical set up, same keyboard I've been using for a few years now, properly grounded.  Never before in my previous apartments has it been a problem, so I don't know what's going on here--still trying to figure it out.  (Previous apartment had full room carpeting where my keyboards were connected, and it was never a problem despite wearing any types of socks or having a space heater drying out air to almost zero humidity).  At some point I thought a USB cable with a very chunky ferrite choke helped in the new place, so I ordered nice looking replacements with ferrite chokes, which unfortunately turned out to be quite small.  With the small choke cable, I get maybe 30%-40% of ESD occurrences (again anecdotally) than with my old fancy sleeved USB cable with no choke.  Going to swap to the big choke ugly gray cable again soon, as with it I had no ESD issues at all for about 3 weeks (basically the whole duration of using it).  Moral of the story: if you do happen to have one of those heavy duty mini B USB cables with chunky ferrite chokes, try them out with your keyboard.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline obviouslygene

« Reply #3548 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 12:05:36 »
anyone have any issues with the jc65? i cant seem to turn BL off.
bottom row of leds do not seem to go off.

Offline Valaris

« Reply #3549 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 12:38:34 »
anyone have any issues with the jc65? i cant seem to turn BL off.
bottom row of leds do not seem to go off.

You're not the first to report that problem.
Is there a safe way for me to remove the underglow led's? I don't use them and they seem to be more trouble than anything else.