Author Topic: [IC] Dolphin and Kokkiri  (Read 58583 times)

Offline _BMW_M3_

Re: [IC] Dolphin and Kokkiri
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 17:30:24 »
30 seems like a good number to me 👍

it's a good number, but only if I'm one of those 30  :D

srsly tho, thanks for making it a raffle. I don't think I would have been able to get one if it was FCFS

I'm really hoping that people who enter the raffle actually want the keyboard instead of entering it just for the sake of entering it

I personally am not a huge fan of raffles because I'm unlucky... HOWEVER. FCFS is not really fair to those in other timezones. People can be caught at work, power goes out, have something to do, etc. I figured as poopy as it is sometimes, a raffle is the most fair way to do it. Plus, I have a feeling that you all might enter both raffles.... both boards are so good. :P
Dolphin v1 LE | TGR Jane | LZ Ergo

Offline poolside

« Reply #151 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 18:15:50 »
More
Extremely nice looking design.  What is the incline?  I prefer a flat board or no incline at all, but I would probably sacrifice my wrists for this beauty.

Also, does anyone have a ballpark figure for how much we can expect to pay?  I realize this is like the premium of the premium, but are we talking $400 or more?

If you're referring to the Dolphin, it will likely be ~$500. Btw hi, I'm going to be running the GB. :)

Edit: I will have more information in the coming days regarding both boards, colors, prices, etc. Stay tuned!

Wasn't the price in the original GB last year around $370 or something? Btw, any chance for other boards by Lin too or just these two?

Last group buy was ~$400 I believe. Regarding GB boards, big news coming soon. Hope you guys are ready!

Do you have any experience running large group buys? Not to be rude, but I would find it hard to trust someone with 40 posts and not much time on the forum with $500 of my money! :)

So actually, this is a total ploy to steal money from all of you. I'm not actually running the GB.

Okay, just kidding. So I'm friends with Kin and Lin and talk with them daily on Kakao. The money is actually going to go straight to Lin, so no worries on that front. This is my first group buy, but I have the support of Kin and Lin behind me - not to mention several friends that are into keebs that will be helping me as well (this sentence has to be a run-on). As far as "large", I'm not sure this qualifies as such. There are going to be 60 total kbds produced, so it won't be too hard to handle. Lin will *probably* be handling shipping or at least a large portion of it, but logistics are still being figured out. Heck, he only decided to do this a few days ago!

Regarding the actual GB itself: Because there are only qty 30 Dolphins and qty 30 Mystery Boards ;) being produced, I think the most fair/logical thing to do is do a raffle. I'll be streaming the drawing on Twitch/somewhere so there are no favoritism accusations or anything like that. Lin and I are currently set on that, but please keep in mind that it's subject to change based on Lin's decisions. He's doing this as a favor to the GH community, so I'm going to do what he wants.

I will update this as soon as possible regarding date, kbds available, colors, etc. Please stay tuned to this thread. Feel free to PM me on GH or Reddit (_BMW_M3_). ((I hate my username, I go by Muzi everywhere else)) However, please refrain from asking questions such as GB date, kbds, colors, pcb, etc etc until I get full details from Lin. He's a busy, busy guy and he's doing us a huge favor! Please be patient with Lin and myself. We're doing the best we can! More details to come soon guys!

Thanks for that response! I better go catch a few of the rabbits running around outside for luck!

Did Lin ever mention if he would do a whale GB in the future? We love whales too :)

Well, I can tell you that there is a mystery keeb that will be in the group buy, but I can't tell you which one yet. All previous Lin boards are being considered for the current and possible future GH GBs. I promise I'll get secondary "mystery kbd" out asap.

This is getting more and more interesting!

Offline Data

« Reply #152 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 19:24:54 »
Raffle you say?

Well, there go my dreams of ever owning a Dolphin.  Easy come, easy go.  :(

Offline _BMW_M3_

« Reply #153 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 19:28:45 »
Raffle you say?

Hey, hey. Come on guys! I had to make it fair :( Have some faith in RNG gods!

Online KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #154 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 19:34:35 »
Raffle you say?

Hey hey~ I'd love to get in on this sale and ofc this leaves a bit uncertainty given the limited quantity

--- but my question is: will the raffle be sooner rather than later?

There are a lot of TKLs that are about to enter into the GB stage and I (and most likely a handful of others) are trying to plan their purchases accordingly~ 

any info on that is appreciated !  ;)
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline _BMW_M3_

« Reply #155 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 19:39:12 »
Raffle you say?

Hey hey~ I'd love to get in on this sale and ofc this leaves a bit uncertainty given the limited quantity

--- but my question is: will the raffle be sooner rather than later?

There are a lot of TKLs that are about to enter into the GB stage and I (and most likely a handful of others) are trying to plan their purchases accordingly~ 

any info on that is appreciated !  ;)

I'm trying to get info from Lin tonight. Prototype doesn't come until March or so... But I'm not sure when he's going to want to open GB up. I'll keep you guys posted and let you know ASAP. Lin is quite busy!

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #156 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 19:41:37 »
Extremely nice looking design.  What is the incline?  I prefer a flat board or no incline at all, but I would probably sacrifice my wrists for this beauty.

Also, does anyone have a ballpark figure for how much we can expect to pay?  I realize this is like the premium of the premium, but are we talking $400 or more?

If you're referring to the Dolphin, it will likely be ~$500. Btw hi, I'm going to be running the GB. :)

Edit: I will have more information in the coming days regarding both boards, colors, prices, etc. Stay tuned!

Wasn't the price in the original GB last year around $370 or something? Btw, any chance for other boards by Lin too or just these two?

Last group buy was ~$400 I believe. Regarding GB boards, big news coming soon. Hope you guys are ready!

Do you have any experience running large group buys? Not to be rude, but I would find it hard to trust someone with 40 posts and not much time on the forum with $500 of my money! :)

So actually, this is a total ploy to steal money from all of you. I'm not actually running the GB.

Okay, just kidding. So I'm friends with Kin and Lin and talk with them daily on Kakao. The money is actually going to go straight to Lin, so no worries on that front. This is my first group buy, but I have the support of Kin and Lin behind me - not to mention several friends that are into keebs that will be helping me as well (this sentence has to be a run-on). As far as "large", I'm not sure this qualifies as such. There are going to be 60 total kbds produced, so it won't be too hard to handle. Lin will *probably* be handling shipping or at least a large portion of it, but logistics are still being figured out. Heck, he only decided to do this a few days ago!

Regarding the actual GB itself: Because there are only qty 30 Dolphins and qty 30 Mystery Boards ;) being produced, I think the most fair/logical thing to do is do a raffle. I'll be streaming the drawing on Twitch/somewhere so there are no favoritism accusations or anything like that. Lin and I are currently set on that, but please keep in mind that it's subject to change based on Lin's decisions. He's doing this as a favor to the GH community, so I'm going to do what he wants.

I will update this as soon as possible regarding date, kbds available, colors, etc. Please stay tuned to this thread. Feel free to PM me on GH or Reddit (_BMW_M3_). ((I hate my username, I go by Muzi everywhere else)) However, please refrain from asking questions such as GB date, kbds, colors, pcb, etc etc until I get full details from Lin. He's a busy, busy guy and he's doing us a huge favor! Please be patient with Lin and myself. We're doing the best we can! More details to come soon guys!

Thank you for your response. :) Well it looks like you are jumping head-first into geekhack! Let me know if you need any help along the way.

Offline _BMW_M3_

« Reply #157 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 20:00:49 »

Thank you for your response. :) Well it looks like you are jumping head-first into geekhack! Let me know if you need any help along the way.

:) Thanks!

Offline Jedi

« Reply #158 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 20:47:55 »
Thank you for the transparency and the updates. This is one Kustom I must have. Praying for my sins starts now.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #159 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 21:08:58 »
Raffles sucks. Do first come first served on a defined date. More skill required ^-^
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline _BMW_M3_

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 21:11:51 »
Raffles sucks. Do first come first served on a defined date. More skill required ^-^

Ehh, that's not fair to the people that have to wake up at 4 am or that are working during that time. :(

Offline tuantruong

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 21:14:13 »
This

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #162 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 21:45:01 »
Hell yea! Keep your false RNG Gods out!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #163 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 21:48:59 »

Photekq has the hacking skills to secure a fcfs, raffles are the only thing in his way! Muahahaha!

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #164 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 21:49:29 »

Ehh, that's not fair to the people that have to wake up at 4 am or that are working during that time. :(

you're so considerate. i love you  :-*

well, believe in your own luck, guys :p

*if this is reddit i might got a bunch of downvote because of this post loool

P.S: please consider EM.7 to be one of the mystery board!
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline _BMW_M3_

« Reply #165 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 21:50:49 »

well, believe in your own luck, peeps :p

Well, guess what friend! The mystery board is the EM7!!! :)

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #166 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 21:53:44 »

!!!!!!!

reallyy?  :eek:
omg omg time to sell everything and wait! (and pray as well)  :blank:
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #167 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 21:54:24 »

There goes the mystery :'(

Couldn't even make me squirm for even an entire day! :p

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #168 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 21:58:55 »
If you specified a date and time, people could make sure they're around for it ;)

Those who aren't willing to sacrifice their sleep aren't worthy of a Dolphin ^-^
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline calavera

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 22:03:38 »
Can you only enter raffle for one board, or both?
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 February 2017, 22:05:33 by calavera »

Offline heinrich

« Reply #170 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 22:05:38 »
Looking forward to an EM.7.

Offline _BMW_M3_

« Reply #171 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 22:13:22 »

You can enter for both, HOWEVER, people that are entering to get a spot and then try to sell their spot later on... We'll deal with that when the time comes.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #172 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 22:17:23 »

You can enter for both, HOWEVER, people that are entering to get a spot and then try to sell their spot later on... We'll deal with that when the time comes.
Save the randomized raffle list, if anyone wants to transfer just go to the next person in line perhaps?

If they flip shortly after the boards are received, future GB bans?

Offline _BMW_M3_

« Reply #173 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 22:25:11 »

Save the randomized raffle list, if anyone wants to transfer just go to the next person in line perhaps?

If they flip shortly after the boards are received, future GB bans?

I like this idea. I will confirm it with Lin.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #174 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 22:43:22 »
Got it.  Send direct deposit to the Lin Dolphin Conservatory.

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #175 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 22:53:32 »
So, one raffle for dolphin and another for EM7? What about kokkiri?

Offline lakomail

« Reply #176 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 22:53:46 »
Raffle is fair. What if the GB starts and some of us were sleeping? 0% chance of them getting the kb :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #177 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 01:09:41 »

I'm glad that, while I like the EM7, it's probably nothing I'd use too extensively. Pls everyone enter for the EM7 to keep my chances for a Dolphin high  :))

Offline buzzking00

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 01:41:45 »
Interested!!!

;D

Offline sundin

« Reply #179 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 03:23:05 »

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #180 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 03:34:03 »
Need the EM7 in my life. Count me in. (Though I'll also probably be destroyed by RNGesus)
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline _BMW_M3_

« Reply #181 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 05:11:16 »
Hi friends. I confirmed with Lin that the group buy will start on 2/22. I'll continue to post details as I get them, so please be patient. :)

Offline ticktwo

• -kbdfan
« Reply #182 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 05:34:25 »
Hi friends. I confirmed with Lin that the group buy will start on 2/22. I'll continue to post details as I get them, so please be patient. :)
my wallet isn't ready :( so saaaaddd :(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HHKB | Leopold FC750R | Mech27 (soon) | TX-75 (soon)

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #183 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 05:39:37 »

Super excited to see that the EM7 is the mystery board!  And thank you for doing RNG on this.  I know FCFS has its own following, but RNG is the most fair way to run a limited GB with so much interest.  Thanks!

Offline Data

« Reply #184 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 07:36:34 »
More

/jawdrop

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #185 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 07:39:50 »

The EM7 is such a cool unique board, very excited!

Offline fanman888

« Reply #186 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 07:59:54 »
Definitely interested! gotta start praying to the RNG gods

Offline sundin

« Reply #187 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 13:06:08 »

Offline merintil

« Reply #188 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 13:09:55 »
Will there be more renders of the Kokkiri?

In any case, I'm all aboard on this hype train

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #189 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 13:18:55 »
You've got me interested in the EM7.

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #190 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 13:20:26 »
Honest question for people who would buy an EM.7: Aren't you worried that the QAZ and ]'/ rows being off angle is annoying?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #191 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 14:02:44 »
Honest question for people who would buy an EM.7: Aren't you worried that the QAZ and ]'/ rows being off angle is annoying?

Not sure. Obviously it was designed with some form of ergonomics in mind, so I guess it's up to actual use when preference is found.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #192 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 14:48:24 »

Not sure. Obviously it was designed with some form of ergonomics in mind, so I guess it's up to actual use when preference is found.

Has anyone done any reviews of how it feels ergonomics wise?

Offline Shados

« Reply #193 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 16:26:08 »
Raffle you say?

You could also make it fair by just producing as many boards as are ordered  ;).

Offline stevanpr2283

« Reply #194 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 17:07:32 »
Dolphin is the way to end game
So...I'm in

Offline _BMW_M3_

« Reply #195 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 17:47:42 »
Will there be more renders of the Kokkiri?

In any case, I'm all aboard on this hype train

Sorry, Kokkiri is not going to be manufactured... at least for this GB.

Raffle you say?

You could also make it fair by just producing as many boards as are ordered  ;).

That's Lin's decision. Sorry :P

Offline megaforce

« Reply #196 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 18:14:45 »
How soon will the raffle open/close? I'm sure there's a few people that would like to enter Lin's, LZ's, and Mira GBs but can only choose one or two :) (me included)
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline _BMW_M3_

« Reply #197 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 18:27:31 »
How soon will the raffle open/close? I'm sure there's a few people that would like to enter Lin's, LZ's, and Mira GBs but can only choose one or two :) (me included)

Currently looking at opening on Feb 22.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #198 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 18:37:26 »
Mira and CLS closes on the 12th and 6th respectively.

Feelsbadman
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline _BMW_M3_

« Reply #199 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 18:49:03 »
Mira and CLS closes on the 12th and 6th respectively.

Feelsbadman

Sorry :(