Author Topic: [IC] DCS (or GMK?) Oasis  (Read 3246 times)

Offline Jmeferlater

[IC] DCS (or GMK?) Oasis
« on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 14:00:35 »
Hey everyone,

I've been sitting on this design for a while now and I've come to like it more and more.
There's still a lot of things I need to work out (more on that below), but I'm interested to see what everyone thinks of the colors and if there is enough interest to go further.

Anyways, here's the basic design for the set:

Oasis:

(The mod legends in this render are off, they would be the same as other Cherry profile sets that are not icon-only)

Colors:
Because this was originally designed with SP's DCS in mind, the colors are from SP's ABS:

Alphas:
Mods:

It's likely the colors will slightly change if the set is GMK instead, but overall the colors should be similar.

What I still need to do:
  • Decide on a profile. I originally thought DCS because I'm familiar with SP and if there is enough interest this could be a Set of the Month, but it is clear that the community prefers GMK. Let me know what you think.
  • Get better renders. If there is enough interest I'll get much nicer 3D renders which should accurately portray the set.
  • Work on which keys are included. The above render is just a basic TKL, the final version of this set will have the same compatibility offered by most GMK sets. If DCS, kits would likely be made as usual.

Thanks for reading, and please leave any kind of feedback, I appreciate it all
:thumb:

Offline pattulus

• RocketINK
Re: [IC] DCS (or GMK?) Oasis
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 14:03:31 »
I'm in for DCS because I have an Ergodox AND use Colemak… the latter… as sad as it is, is not going to happen with GMK in the near future.

Offline Zammux

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 14:04:06 »
This just looks like GMK Coniferous which is currently in group buy.

Offline autobot

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 14:08:16 »
Maybe go with DCS? This looks pretty similar to GMK Photo Studio

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 14:09:33 »

yup, almost exactly.
keyboards.

Offline ns90

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 14:15:10 »
I feel like the legends are going to suffer the same fate as Chronicler.

Offline Jmeferlater

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 14:32:38 »

yup, almost exactly.

This is always something I look out for beforehand, and I am inclined to disagree.
The alphas are obviously different, blue vs green, and from what I can tell the greens differ from each other as well, as VAG seems to be a bit more of a seafoam-like color.

Obviously if the similarities cause people to lose interest though, then I can't argue.

Offline Sensorium

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 14:50:30 »
I remember when you showed this off and I still like the colors, but I share ns90's fear. Have you gotten word back from SP about whether it would work? While you never really know without running samples, you can make a decent guess, and I think BEY is one of those first shot colors that likes to blend with stuff. That said, I think this set is distinct from Coniferous and that the modifiers + accents are very cool! I'm looking forward to seeing your novelties ;).

Offline Jmeferlater

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 12:49:49 »
I remember when you showed this off and I still like the colors, but I share ns90's fear. Have you gotten word back from SP about whether it would work? While you never really know without running samples, you can make a decent guess, and I think BEY is one of those first shot colors that likes to blend with stuff. That said, I think this set is distinct from Coniferous and that the modifiers + accents are very cool! I'm looking forward to seeing your novelties ;).

When I showed this set to SP they didn't voice any concerns about the colors, but I agree that it is something I should make sure is okay. Hopefully a 3D render should help clear it up.
If it is a problem, perhaps a darker blue would help.
Thanks for the support and feedback.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 18:18:57 »
It's nice, I'm all for DCS!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk