Author Topic: [GB] GMK 9009 R3  (Read 258110 times)

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
Re: [GB] GMK 9009 R3 - GB Live, $99.99 base kit!
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 18:49:07 »
Show Image

Show Image

Wait so does this mean the additions kit has already hit pMOQ??

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Yes, although for those worried all kits will have met that after extras. (With Norde being the only exception, however with the amount of other kits sold I’m sure we can work something out).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 21:00:36 »
Not having ISO enter in either base or Norde seems like an oversight to me.
For the ISO enter alone I have to add a €32 kit for standard ISO support :'(

I ordered Additional kit but won't be using all caps - if you want ISO enter, green one, I will be selling it once I get all in.
I'm sure other people who orders it won't be keeping all the caps too.
You may be able to find caps you miss.
In case you have no use for the stepped control, here I am.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 03:01:07 »

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 September 2019, 12:54:33 by dvorcol »

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 03:43:57 »
Not having ISO enter in either base or Norde seems like an oversight to me.
For the ISO enter alone I have to add a €32 kit for standard ISO support :'(

I ordered Additional kit but won't be using all caps - if you want ISO enter, green one, I will be selling it once I get all in.
I'm sure other people who orders it won't be keeping all the caps too.
You may be able to find caps you miss.
In case you have no use for the stepped control, here I am.

Yep, cool. Lets just remember who needs what and once we get our sets, then we can start exchange/sale:)
I will definitely all out here, so we keep any eye on this thread.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 06:14:06 »
Show Image

Show Image

Hey, would you look at that! 148 ISO users.

So there are more than the 3 ISO users who purchased GMK Jamon after all. Maybe data from 1 set ran on Drop isn't that valuable when it comes to evaluating demand for ISO.

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 06:21:01 »
Show Image

Show Image

So there are more than the 3 ISO users who purchased GMK Jamon after all. Maybe data from 1 set ran on Drop isn't that valuable when it comes to evaluating demand for ISO.
Umm not to sound rude or anything but the addition kit has more than just support for UK ISO. People could be getting this kit in anticipation of boards that use a top right blocker, of which there are quite a few.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 06:26:54 »
Show Image

Show Image

Umm not to sound rude or anything but the addition kit has more than just support for UK ISO. People could be getting this kit in anticipation of boards that use a top right blocker, of which there are quite a few.

You are not wrong, although the base kit still supports those boards with a PgUp, PgDn, Fn config. I am fairly confident the vast majority of the Addition kit buyers are ISO users.

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 06:30:36 »
Show Image

Show Image

You are not wrong, although the base kit still supports those boards with a PgUp, PgDn, Fn config. I am fairly confident the vast majority of the Addition kit buyers are ISO users.
While that may be true, I could also see many getting the addition kit for Del, PgUp and PgDn with Fn being assigned to the key left of the arrow cluster. I guess what I'm trying to say is trying draw a definitive conclusion based on how this set or Jamon does in isolation is pointless.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 06:41:22 »
Show Image

Show Image

FYI less than 1/5 of those addition sales come out of the EU, so yeah pretty safe to say most people bought it for added compat not ISO.

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 06:57:01 »
Show Image

Show Image

FYI less than 1/5 of those addition sales come out of the EU, so yeah pretty safe to say most people bought it for added compat not ISO.

Wow I stand corrected.

Offline spctr13

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 09:03:12 »
I bought addition kit to be able to get more options for 65%. I know there were a few others in the IC asking for 1 or 2 keys to be moved to the base so they wouldn't have to get the addition.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline enrique.aliaga

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 10:00:08 »
I bought Addition because of the macOS-specific keycaps. Not an ISO user.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 10:06:08 »
I bought addition kit to be able to get more options for 65%. I know there were a few others in the IC asking for 1 or 2 keys to be moved to the base so they wouldn't have to get the addition.

Yeah I mean from my rough calculations with both current 9009 numbers and Minimal sales numbers I'd guess the % of ISO users joining GBs is anywhere between 1-3% if you assume almost nobody outside of the EU uses ISO. Obviously you can say that because ISO is not in base it makes the % drop since it makes some people not want to join but stil. The small 40s kit for Minimal was bought by about 25% of people and Obscure is at ~14% right now. (Obviously very small data set and just an estimate)

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 10:54:05 »

Yeah I mean from my rough calculations with both current 9009 numbers and Minimal sales numbers I'd guess the % of ISO users joining GBs is anywhere between 1-3% if you assume almost nobody outside of the EU uses ISO. Obviously you can say that because ISO is not in base it makes the % drop since it makes some people not want to join but stil. The small 40s kit for Minimal was bought by about 25% of people and Obscure is at ~14% right now. (Obviously very small data set and just an estimate)

Yeah having to buy a whole separate kit for a few keys you need for your layout is a major turn off for most people, and is why I avoided picking up Minimal altogether. If I joined, I would have to get the Obscure kit and then join the NORDEUK BoW kit too, which means the set would be well over £200 which is just too much. If ISO was in base it would have been a 80% buy, if ISO UK in base then 100% buy.

In for 9009 however as I am curious about trying the R5 bottom row, and I have a nice 9009 keypora.

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 11:26:26 »
FWIW the base set on the Drop WoB set [1] seems to cover a lot of things (not only was I able to make it work for a lot of different keyboards but it also includes ISO and a numberpad) all for 110 shipped to my door.  Though I am not sure how many units Massdrop purchased to make it happen at this price.

[1] https://drop.com/buy/gmk-white-on-black-custom-keycap-set
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 13:45:48 »
FWIW the base set on the Drop WoB set [1] seems to cover a lot of things (not only was I able to make it work for a lot of different keyboards but it also includes ISO and a numberpad) all for 110 shipped to my door.  Though I am not sure how many units Massdrop purchased to make it happen at this price.

Combination of buying a looott of kits and having good deals with GMK I assume. Also no accent keys, no double tilde and pipe and such helps.

Offline Gurkensaft

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 15:01:46 »
Show Image

Show Image

Wait so does this mean the additions kit has already hit pMOQ??

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Yes, although for those worried all kits will have met that after extras. (With Norde being the only exception, however with the amount of other kits sold I’m sure we can work something out).

So Norde will likely be made regardless of hitting MOQ? That would be fantastic, because 100 seems most unlikely to be reached right about now...  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 September 2019, 15:05:19 by Gurkensaft »

Offline slangeman

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 16:16:01 »
I'm in for only the Norde kit  :-X

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #118 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 16:18:41 »

Combination of buying a looott of kits and having good deals with GMK I assume. Also no accent keys, no double tilde and pipe and such helps.
That, and the massive audience and sales Drop has. Comparing Drop with any other GB venue is just insane.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] GMK 9009 R3 - GB ENDS IN 3 DAYS, $99.99 base kit!
« Reply #119 on: Fri, 27 September 2019, 16:26:45 »

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 September 2019, 13:13:31 by dvorcol »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #120 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 12:49:11 »

Offline OkKarma

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 17:14:00 »
So will norde be made?

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 17:15:00 »
So will norde be made?
Yes

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 17:17:37 »
So will norde be made?
Yes

nice, I made the right choice.

Offline equalunique

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 17:24:35 »
Is there still time to add a colevrak kit?

Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 using Tapatalk

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 17:35:21 »
Is there still time to add a colevrak kit?

Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 using Tapatalk

No, but you should ask this in the 40s/Colevrak thread at the Interest Check part of Geekhack. 9009 uses stock GMK colors so it'd be doable as long as enough people have interest.

Offline derPuntigamer

• NorDe is nonnegotiable
« Reply #126 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 05:18:44 »
So will norde be made?
Yes

Oh Happy Day!

Offline phinix

« Reply #127 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 09:17:19 »
Just a quick question - are the colors of GMK 9009 exactly same as OG Cherry caps?
I know GMK bought moulds from Cherry so thickness will be same, but what about color?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #128 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 09:59:36 »
Just a quick question - are the colors of GMK 9009 exactly same as OG Cherry caps?
I know GMK bought moulds from Cherry so thickness will be same, but what about color?
They match well. GMK is known for a good quality control that includes the polymers mix.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 10:03:12 »
Should be pretty much nearly or completely identical.

Offline phinix

« Reply #130 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 02:52:28 »

They match well. GMK is known for a good quality control that includes the polymers mix.

Awesome. Thanks guys :thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 06:42:15 »

Just be aware that some OG Cherry sets might be already yellowed at some degree. If they are, they will be a different shade of Beige.

Offline phinix

« Reply #132 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 18:25:48 »

Just be aware that some OG Cherry sets might be already yellowed at some degree. If they are, they will be a different shade of Beige.

Its fine. I wash my OGs in oxygen peroxide.

Offline Randalljai

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 12:20:27 »
I didn't realize I joined the GB the day after it ended. I was still able to join and received email confirmation, am I okay? I submitted a ticket on dixiemech but figured I'd ask here too.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #134 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 12:37:07 »

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #135 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 12:39:00 »
Show Image

Show Image

Whew, that peak in the last 2 days of the buy :eek:

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 12:41:27 »
Show Image

Show Image

Whew, that peak in the last 2 days of the buy :eek:
FYI those include extras. There definitely was a peak but it wasn’t THAT big

Offline phinix

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 19:24:23 »
Guys, is it possible to get an OG CHerry capslock, but non-stepped and with word-legend, not symbol?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 19:40:00 »
Guys, is it possible to get an OG CHerry capslock, but non-stepped and with word-legend, not symbol?

GMK Classic Retro would be your best bet.

Offline phinix

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 20:01:48 »

Aaaaah, yep, thank you, this is exactly what I would like to have.
Let's see who has one and willing to sell...

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #140 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 20:03:29 »

Originative Co should have them in stock right now.

Offline phinix

« Reply #141 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 06:01:30 »

Originative Co should have them in stock right now.

Yep, you're right, they have it, but $155 is a bit too much just to catch one cap.
I'll see if anyone would have one on classified.

Offline Stiggosaurus

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 21:34:36 »
When/how will extras be made available?  A quick read through the thread leads me to believe that extras will be made available.  Sorry, a little new to the custom keycaps and group buys, perhaps this should be obvious!  :)

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #143 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 11:10:09 »
when are these expected to ship? Thanks!

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 11:31:31 »

Dixie has regular updates on his website for all GBs.

https://dixiemech.com/news/1-13-20

Offline derPuntigamer

• NorDe is nonnegotiable
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 12:00:26 »

for the record: "GMK informed us that this set is scheduled to ship from their warehouse at the end of March. Which means we will receive it a few weeks later and will try to have them shipped out by the end of April / Early May. It all depends how long they take to clear customs."
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 January 2020, 12:02:29 by derPuntigamer »

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 12:29:01 »

for the record: "GMK informed us that this set is scheduled to ship from their warehouse at the end of March. Which means we will receive it a few weeks later and will try to have them shipped out by the end of April / Early May. It all depends how long they take to clear customs."
Man I really wish "No spoonfeeding" is an official rule here.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 13:28:04 »

Thank you for the feedback.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #148 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 20:30:25 »
From an image that's out there, it looks like the deskmats have started shipping, at least if you ordered one individually.

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #149 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 08:11:22 »
Damn! No updates from GMK?

From DixieMech website:

> Obviously the previous update of “End of March” is here and we still don’t have a shipment notification from GMK. We will keep you updated as we get updates.