Author Topic: Mod: Painting keycaps with transparent varnish mixed with phosphorescent pigments  (Read 2664 times)

Offline Thion

Hi,

i wonder if anyone has ever tried / has experience with this:

Mixing transparent varnish with phosphorescent pigments (can't add a link right now) and paint (white) keycaps with it for more contrast and better durability (and a cool glow effect when its dark).

Any help or input would be much appreciated.

Greets,
  thion

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
Quote from: harrison;456702
what?!  i can see how looking at a bright screen in a dark room could be bad for the eyes, but I don't see how typing and ambient light have any sort of correlation... unless you're a hunt-n-pecker.
Looks like the secret's out: Ripster can't touchtype.

Also note that Ray Charles not only types in the dark, but he plays piano that way too. Look what happened to him!
---
I think that glow keycaps would be especially interesting over an LED. They'd look really cool over the capslock indicator switch, for example.

Offline Thion

A room full of ninjas think he's funny? Badass :D

Also thought about some home-made keycaps made out of some transparent Plastic mixed with phosphorescent pigments... not sure if its possible (and affordable), i'd have to do some digging.
More later.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
Quote from: Thion;457488
A room full of ninjas think he's funny? Badass :D

Also thought about some home-made keycaps made out of some transparent Plastic mixed with phosphorescent pigments... not sure if its possible (and affordable), i'd have to do some digging.
More later.
SHH, those ninjas are supposed to be a secret. :)

Oh, keep us updated, this sounds great!

remember: great successes and great failures make great projects to psot about. so whatever happens' it'll be awesome.