Author Topic: [IC] Out of the Vault - Junktown Keys: Vault 111; Mini Nuke (GB Now Live!)  (Read 19609 times)

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Hey guys and gals, we are back with yet another installment only this time we got choices.

That's right, you get the choice between the two styles of keys below at any of each of the profiles SA Row 1, SA Row 3, and DSA.

Pick the Style(s) you want:

Vault 111 - *New Style*                                           Fat Man Mini-Nuke   

Then, pick the Profile(s) you want:
           and/or                        and/or           
    SA Row 1                                                 SA Row 3                                                          DSA     

Example:
Let's say you want one Vault 111 in DSA but you would rather get a Mini Nuke in SA Row 1 for your Jukebox set, you may purchase one each for a total of 2 keycaps.

Let's say you can't get enough and want 5 in each color/design of SA Row 1, SA Row 3, and DSA: you can buy 30 total keycaps! All in one Group Buy!

No MOQ's, no Group Buy fees, just simple pricing at $3 per key, plus shipping per order.

Group Buy is Now Live!
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:14:33 by 00zeRO »
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
Re: [IC] Out of the Vault - Junktown Keys: Vault 111 and Mini Nuke (SA and DSA)
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 21:17:16 »
Sign me up coach

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 21:18:35 »
Very exciting! There were a lot of design ideas and designs created last interest check, why did you end up with just these two? I'm assuming it's because of all the key profile options. Either way I'm in :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 November 2015, 00:42:45 by Steezus »
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 21:30:54 »
OP updated...

Offline linuxhermit

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 21:42:22 »
I want both in DSA!?!
87UW45FC660C EW

Offline hippo008

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 21:47:40 »
im in for sure.

quick edit. Isnt Signature Plastics not allowing anything to do with Fallout pass through their shop without express permission from Bethesda? Id be interested to see how they react to these keys
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 November 2015, 21:57:52 by hippo008 »

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 21:47:55 »
DSA in both!

Offline Thisismyjob

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 21:54:43 »
I'm definitely interested in some of these! I have been on the lookout for a while and would be happy to pick up a few sets if it ensures that they can be produced.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 22:50:54 »
I'm definitely interested in some of these! I have been on the lookout for a while and would be happy to pick up a few sets if it ensures that they can be produced.

All keys will be produced no matter what...there will be no MOQ

Offline lashiel

[IC] Out of the Vault - Junktown Keys: Vault 111; Mini Nuke (2 SA Rows and DSA)
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 22:51:01 »
im in for sure.

quick edit. Isnt Signature Plastics not allowing anything to do with Fallout pass through their shop without express permission from Bethesda? Id be interested to see how they react to these keys

It's more so specific items or symbols which they have trademarked i.e. Nuka Cola or the Vault Boy. Those are recognizable as being specifically for Fallout/specifically Bethesda's IP.

Where as this is just a bomb and a number inside a circle. Sure, to those in the know they're related to FO, but they're far less unequivocally Bethesda's trademarked property. Just like how Coca Cola doesn't own all images of polar bears.

At least, that's my understanding.

Edit: also I definitely want these.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 22:52:25 »
im in for sure.

This is 'fair use' and does not feature trademarked designs. They are my own IP, and so therefore will be good to go.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
Looking good Zero :D I'm interested to know what color code the gray will be on the v111 cap.

Offline MikeTheTiger

DSA for me!

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
This feels a bit like deja-vu but just to clarify. If you get a whole bunch of orders (enough to reduce the costs of each option per cap from SP significantly), do we still have to pay $3 per cap at the end of the day or will what we pay be adjusted?

Regardless, I want both designs in both SA R1 and SA R3 :)
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Looking good Zero :D I'm interested to know what color code the gray will be on the v111 cap.

I will add to the OP later today. It will be GSM from Danger Zone. Yellow will be YCE to give a washed out look. Mini Nuke will be Jukebox colors.

Offline Data

I will add to the OP later today. It will be GSM from Danger Zone. Yellow will be YCE to give a washed out look. Mini Nuke will be Jukebox colors.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
This feels a bit like deja-vu but just to clarify. If you get a whole bunch of orders (enough to reduce the costs of each option per cap from SP significantly), do we still have to pay $3 per cap at the end of the day or will what we pay be adjusted?

Invoicing will be daily as the GB goes along, so pricing is static to $3 per key. This will ensure all keys will be made and also helps ease the process should this GB generate 100's of orders. GB's are not fun to sort and send out and the more there are the more time I must spend away from my family. So my time is valuable. On the cost side, this Group Buy will require 4 x $45 new legend fees right out of the gate. I'm sure that there is more that I can get into, but the main thing is that these Group Buys are time consuming to do. Isn't our time worth something? Should anyone think our pricing to be unfair or unjust please compare to KeyPop.net and they don't do SA novelties...

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
Can't wait to see what the colors are!

Offline lashiel

Invoicing will be daily as the GB goes along, so pricing is static to $3 per key. This will ensure all keys will be made and also helps ease the process should this GB generate 100's of orders. GB's are not fun to sort and send out and the more there are the more time I must spend away from my family. So my time is valuable. On the cost side, this Group Buy will require 4 x $45 new legend fees right out of the gate. I'm sure that there is more that I can get into, but the main thing is that these Group Buys are time consuming to do. Isn't our time worth something? Should anyone think our pricing to be unfair or unjust please compare to KeyPop.net and they don't do SA novelties...

It seems fair to me, from what (albeit little) I've seen. And yeah, I don't envy the people doing GBs--it's a major gift of time, and I have no issue acknowledging the value of that.

Offline dndlmx

Not doing any yellow on blue vault because copyright?

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Not doing any yellow on blue vault because copyright?

hehe...no that has nothing to do with it. The reason I am doing the Vault 111 this way is because it is new and unique and reminds me of this:

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
OP Update...

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
OP Update...

Nice.

I would say I'd be in for at least two of each style, in each of the three profiles  :thumb:

Offline Hexterdude

any idea how long it will take for this to take off?

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
any idea how long it will take for this to take off?

I am waiting for mockups from the other members of 00Keys.

Offline Spackez

Made an account just for this, would be super keen to get my hands on some of these!

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Made an account just for this, would be super keen to get my hands on some of these!

Thank you for your support.

Offline wangbwhz

DSA or SA R3, both can but I hope can get a series at one time, shipping fee is really expensive! or I hope you can find a cheaper shipping way, such as using a letter?
My Precious¬

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
DSA or SA R3, both can but I hope can get a series at one time, shipping fee is really expensive! or I hope you can find a cheaper shipping way, such as using a letter?

I wish... The thing is that the keys are not uniform in shape and so the letter becomes a package. :( I used to work for the USPS, so I know that even a single keycap won't fly at letter rate unless its maybe one single DSA keycap, but then it would need to be sent without padding. I don't want to leave anyone's caps unprotected.

Offline Spackez

I wish... The thing is that the keys are not uniform in shape and so the letter becomes a package. :( I used to work for the USPS, so I know that even a single keycap won't fly at letter rate unless its maybe one single DSA keycap, but then it would need to be sent without padding. I don't want to leave anyone's caps unprotected.

I live outside of the us so I'd expect the shipping to be a bit steep, but looking on the USPS site the prices don't seem to unreasonable. Considering the key caps will weigh next to nothing if you're only getting a few sets, a small package shouldn't be to expensive.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

I live outside of the us so I'd expect the shipping to be a bit steep, but looking on the USPS site the prices don't seem to unreasonable. Considering the key caps will weigh next to nothing if you're only getting a few sets, a small package shouldn't be to expensive.

I will be charging $7 for any international order unless someone buys keycaps by the pound...  :p

Offline Spackez

I will be charging $7 for any international order unless someone buys keycaps by the pound...  :p

Haha sounds good  :)) I don't think I'll need a pounds worth  :p

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
Damn. I really like the green mini nuke and was hoping for that. Oh well, I'll probably be in for some these anyway.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Damn. I really like the green mini nuke and was hoping for that. Oh well, I'll probably be in for some these anyway.

Next time?

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.

Next time?
Hopefully.  :) :)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
You already know I'm in for one of everything, thanks for picking the red nuke. :thumb:

Offline onemegamanfan

I need that Nuke cap.

Offline bbrotha

Definitely on it, I was on the previous DSA ones and the design is excellent, I bet this ones would be as well.
Norbaforce 87U 45g  -- HHKB Type S Blanks-- Kira Keyboard -- M65-A -- Novatouch

Offline Zanduby

I have a question. Would you ever be willing to run any of these in a deep dish DSA? I would love to buy one to be the center of a gamer set (specifically for me a MOBA gamer set).

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
I have a question. Would you ever be willing to run any of these in a deep dish DSA? I would love to buy one to be the center of a gamer set (specifically for me a MOBA gamer set).

Hmmm...I suppose so. Never gave it any thought. This is the IC so this would be the time to make the suggestion...

Besides present company (Zanduby), how many want to see this available in this set? Which one design would you like to see it made into Deep Dish (Scoop)?

Offline Xenocidal

• Professional Lurker
Me likey.

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
Nice. In.
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
I will buy these! Count me in! ;D

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Updated OP with new profile reference pics...

Offline fanpeople

I would be in for some of these

Offline wangbwhz

i am waiting for the group buy DSA and SA R3! my wallet is ready! i will buy this series until the end, thanks for your reply :D :D :D :D :D
My Precious¬

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
i am waiting for the group buy DSA and SA R3! my wallet is ready! i will buy this series until the end, thanks for your reply :D :D :D :D :D

You probably don't want to hear it, but I think after this one, I am going to do something different. Fallout designs are getting stale, and I am ready for something different.

*Hint: Flynn Lives*

Offline Clicker

*Hint: Flynn Lives*

I'm in when you do these.

Offline XavierRayne

I'm definitely in for both. They look awesome <3

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
Interested in the Nuke in SA ROW 3.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Okay...so the release of Fallout 4 is Tuesday, November 10th. I am considering beginning this GB on that day. Should I run it for 2 weeks; 3 weeks; or, 1 month? (Keep in mind that we are trying to reach out to the whole mechanical keyboard community and not just GeekHack)

Thoughts?

Offline Zanduby

Okay...so the release of Fallout 4 is Tuesday, November 10th. I am considering beginning this GB on that day. Should I run it for 2 weeks; 3 weeks; or, 1 month? (Keep in mind that we are trying to reach out to the whole mechanical keyboard community and not just GeekHack)

Thoughts?

Since it seems i'm the only one to read the replies here. How long did you run the last one? A month? I felt it was a little long, but super happy with the end result so the time doesn't really matter. 2-3 weeks would seem to be plenty of time if the GB is spread around enough.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Thoughts?

Since it seems i'm the only one to read the replies here. How long did you run the last one? A month? I felt it was a little long, but super happy with the end result so the time doesn't really matter. 2-3 weeks would seem to be plenty of time if the GB is spread around enough.

Believe it or not the DSA Nuka Cola caps GB only ran for 2 weeks

Offline IMBoddy

Fat Man & Vault 111, both in Jukebox Color, Both Row 1

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
Runner of the GB: since it was a recent sale on Nuclear Data, I would suggest an orange novelity ;-)

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Runner of the GB: since it was a recent sale on Nuclear Data, I would suggest an orange novelity ;-)

Fat Man & Vault 111, both in Jukebox Color, Both Row 1

All colors/profiles are set for this GB. Please post suggestions for future Fallout keys in the Overseer IC thread

Offline Zanduby

Thoughts?

Heh, it felt like forever. 2 weeks should be fine again then.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder

Thoughts?

I'd say to do two weeks like the last DSA GB. It seemed like the perfect amount of time to get enough orders in and shipped out within a short period.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

I'd say to do two weeks like the last DSA GB. It seemed like the perfect amount of time to get enough orders in and shipped out within a short period.

Alright, then I will need a street team to get my GB out there on Reddit, Deskthority, etc. and upvoted and reposted to get as much exposure as possible. I just hope people won't be too distracted playing Fallout 4 to participate...

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Alright, then I will need a street team to get my GB out there on Reddit, Deskthority, etc. and upvoted and reposted to get as much exposure as possible. I just hope people won't be too distracted playing Fallout 4 to participate...

I will help and try spread the word when I can but right I need to be studying physics. :p

After that I should have a fair bit of free time.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

I will help and try spread the word when I can but right I need to be studying physics. :p

GB will officially start Monday night/Tuesday...

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Sounds good, I have two exams Tuesday so I just have a lot of studying beforehand. I still should be able to spread the word Monday later in the day.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Sounds good, I have two exams Tuesday so I just have a lot of studying beforehand. I still should be able to spread the word Monday later in the day.

Wednesday on will be fine

Offline Zanduby

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Wednesday on will be fine

If you need any help spreading the word let me know how I can help.

Offline IMBoddy

I have one question, is this fat man nuke going to be red base or tan for the background?

I definitely like both designs - I think the grey background on the Vault 111 key is an interesting take from the usual blue.

Offline A-train

I'm looking forward to this!

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
I have one question, is this fat man nuke going to be red base or tan for the background?

It will be as pictured...Red base with Tannish Legend

Offline Muffinbottoms

Oh darn :/ I was gonna suggest three weeks that way it covers up to my second paycheck period haha. Oh well I'm still excited for these :D!

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Oh darn :/ I was gonna suggest three weeks that way it covers up to my second paycheck period haha. Oh well I'm still excited for these :D!

I can extend to 3 weeks, np. I give an extra week for invoice to be paid anyway. Invoicing will be as immediate as possible as orders come in just like DSA Rad Soda...

Offline arcvile

• * Destiny Supporter
Circling the bait not sure if I should take it just yet.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
I can help spread the word. I can try and take some shots of the Series II SA and the DSA caps together if there are none already?

Who made the awesome poster for the cancelled series III?

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
I can help spread the word. I can try and take some shots of the Series II SA and the DSA caps together if there are none already?

Who made the awesome poster for the cancelled series III?

harlw...he also has helped me with the side view mockups...these are what they will look like in the form and on the GB page later today:

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
I would definitely be in for probably 2 of each, good looking caps OP!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
I had no idea of the timing of my Jukebox Mini Nuke and this set now available on PMK:

http://pimpmykeyboard.com/sa-jukebox-keycap-set/

:eek:

How cool is that!?

Offline Hexterdude

I had no idea of the timing of my Jukebox Mini Nuke and this set now available on PMK:

How cool is that!?

Must not Buy, Must save for Trouble Minds set. Wallet crying, senses fading....

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

How cool is that!?

That is the Joker set, right?

Offline Hexterdude

How cool is that!?

Yep, suppose to be released on massdrop either this week or next week

Offline Zanduby

How cool is that!?

Damn, maybe I should have bought a HKP nessie trooper or warmaster...

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder

How cool is that!?

Oh no, I was looking at that set in IC and didn't notice it is coming that soon.  Looks like I am going to have to sell my LoL account afterall!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Hexterdude

How cool is that!?

Oh no, I was looking at that set in IC and didn't notice it is coming that soon.  Looks like I am going to have to sell my LoL account afterall!

League is life bro, don't do it

Offline MikeTheTiger

How cool is that!?

Wow. I just overpaid on Massdrop. Oh well.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder

How cool is that!?

League is life bro, don't do it

But groupbuys?

Offline shimmy1996

Re: [IC] Out of the Vault - Junktown Keys: Vault 111; Mini Nuke (Pick-A-Profile)
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:25:25 »
Both in DSA!!! :p

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Re: [IC] Out of the Vault - Junktown Keys: Vault 111; Mini Nuke (Pick-A-Profile)
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:51:07 »
Just posted GB, but awaiting mod approval...could be up tonight but will mos def be up tomorrow.
G'night!

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 22:05:14 »
Just posted GB, but awaiting mod approval...could be up tonight but will mos def be up tomorrow.
G'night!

Excitement ensues! I'm hoping this can be pushed through by Christmas, I need to get myself more presents :)

Offline Muffinbottoms

I can extend to 3 weeks, np. I give an extra week for invoice to be paid anyway. Invoicing will be as immediate as possible as orders come in just like DSA Rad Soda...

Woooh!! Three cheers for Thanksgiving spirit of giving!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards