Author Topic: I've forgotten everything about keyboards, help!  (Read 2694 times)

Offline fl0w3n

I've forgotten everything about keyboards, help!
« on: Sat, 19 November 2022, 16:41:48 »
I've been out so long... I hardly remember anything. I still have leftover setups, and the one I have a question on is my old Phantom (I think it's called?) build that I never 100% completed.

I think I built this with clears, heavier springs, stickers, and lube, but I don't recall what type of stabilizer I need - can someone help me?  I'm just looking to complete this. Also, does anyone have a recommendation on a nice solid case to finish off the Phantom build with? It's just in a leftover Filco case for now... but I'd like something that's nice and solid to cut down on the echo'ing etc.  I probably owe the build that much after spending the time to build it haha
293433-0

I also have these two unbuilt GH60 PCB's and plates, can someone help me with what type of plates these are?  I'm TBD on whether I want to actually build these GH60's, I doubt I want to spend the time... but I need to know what they are if I want to sell them lol
293435-1

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: I've forgotten everything about keyboards, help!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 20 November 2022, 10:44:21 »
plate mount stabilizers
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline fl0w3n

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 21 November 2022, 07:52:23 »
Thanks.  Is there a better option than others for plate mount?  I just ordered some supposedly genuine Cherry ones

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 21 November 2022, 08:17:39 »
idrk but the plates are probably alu?
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline fl0w3n

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 21 November 2022, 10:15:15 »
Yes, this one is aluminum

Offline Leopard223

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 21 November 2022, 17:13:43 »
Thanks.  Is there a better option than others for plate mount?  I just ordered some supposedly genuine Cherry ones
People swear by PCB mounted stabilizers, I think they're way overrated and plate mounted stabs are far superior, not only because they rattle/tick much less, but also because you don't need to take the whole board apart to change/mod them, I personally use the Everglide/Durock black and white/Piano stabilizers (different brandiong same stuff), they're fantastic.

If you want to try PCB mount stabs and have that option on the PCB, 'Durock V2' stabilizers are what most people use, 'TX stabilizers' are considered the best (I haven't tried them mself).

But IME the best solution to a rattly/ticking stabilizers (assuming you modded them correctly and they still tick) is a switch with a minimal wobble, it will magically solve the ticking.