Author Topic: What do you eat? The thread about things you eat.  (Read 529909 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: What do you eat? The thread about things you eat.
« Reply #2700 on: Mon, 25 July 2022, 05:24:37 »
Shin Black with leftover flap steak  :-*
289359-0

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #2701 on: Mon, 25 July 2022, 08:24:53 »
Shin Black with leftover flap steak  :-*
(Attachment Link)

Wow, really nice ! :)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2702 on: Thu, 18 August 2022, 10:53:59 »
I don't know whether any of our good Southern peaches make it to you guys, but for the past few weeks they have been extraordinary.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #2703 on: Thu, 18 August 2022, 14:18:27 »
I don't know whether any of our good Southern peaches make it to you guys, but for the past few weeks they have been extraordinary.

Helps that we've had a decent amount of rain this spring & summer.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline phinix

« Reply #2704 on: Fri, 19 August 2022, 02:53:27 »

Oh these look so nice, I love peaches.
I grabbed some nice plums here in Scotland this summer, so nice, firm and juicy.
Fruits are awesome.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline upscalevalley

« Reply #2705 on: Mon, 29 August 2022, 03:38:45 »
I eat nuggests and pizza more than people should. I am actually addicted. :D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2706 on: Mon, 24 October 2022, 22:54:57 »
Brazilian Burgue 

super good

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #2707 on: Tue, 25 October 2022, 07:53:04 »
Had some BALLER Miyazakigyu A5 recently. Was paired with... I don't really remember but I think it was soy sauce and a ball of this delicious mustard seed concoction. Literally the best steak I've ever had. It was like 8oz though and only like 1/5 of the way through I was full, but obviously I didn't wanna waste it as I had just spent over $100 on it. I forced myself to eat the rest and it literally felt like I had eaten 30oz it was so damn rich. Went back to my hotel room and knocked out.
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline phinix

« Reply #2708 on: Wed, 26 October 2022, 14:48:17 »
Brazilian Burgue 
Show Image

super good

I like your nail polish, noisy! :D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2709 on: Wed, 26 October 2022, 15:35:46 »
Brazilian Burgue 
Show Image

super good

I like your nail polish, noisy! :D

thanks man!

Offline phinix

« Reply #2710 on: Thu, 27 October 2022, 12:03:46 »
I just had another salmon ramen today, but didn't bother taking photo of it, I showed here enough ramen in the past ;)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2711 on: Thu, 27 October 2022, 14:27:38 »
Yield was about half a liter.
Into the freezer to enjoy next winter !

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2712 on: Tue, 08 November 2022, 20:09:35 »
Yield was about half a liter.
Into the freezer to enjoy next winter !

* HoffmanMyster checks in on what everyone's eating

Dang fohat, you are eating well! Lots of veggies - look homegrown? Started a garden project recently, or have you always done this? If you are growing yourself, we need pics!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2713 on: Wed, 09 November 2022, 09:37:41 »

Started a garden project recently, or have you always done this?

I moved into this house 2 years ago and built 3 raised garden beds with about 100 SF (10 square meters) total area.

Last year yellow pear tomatoes, cucumbers, and basil were the standout performers with huge yields, and several other vegetables were rather wimpy.

This year, in what seemed like exactly the same environment and similar planting configuration, I was overwhelmed with peppers (6 varieties, especially the shi****os) and summer squashes while most of the other crops were disappointing. Both years I got lots of tomatillos but they were all very small - marble-sized at best).

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2714 on: Wed, 09 November 2022, 11:27:02 »

Started a garden project recently, or have you always done this?

I moved into this house 2 years ago and built 3 raised garden beds with about 100 SF (10 square meters) total area.

Last year yellow pear tomatoes, cucumbers, and basil were the standout performers with huge yields, and several other vegetables were rather wimpy.

This year, in what seemed like exactly the same environment and similar planting configuration, I was overwhelmed with peppers (6 varieties, especially the shi****os) and summer squashes while most of the other crops were disappointing. Both years I got lots of tomatillos but they were all very small - marble-sized at best).

That's awesome, congrats on the new home and successful garden! What's your fence situation with the raised beds? Any issues with critters or deer getting in? Chipmunks ruined our entire yield a few years ago, we're working on some improvements long-term.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2715 on: Wed, 09 November 2022, 11:44:15 »

What's your fence situation with the raised beds?

I am very lucky in that way, even though my yard backs up to a wooded area of a few acres the only pests I get are rabbits. There are probably some raccoons, opossums, and skunks that slink around at night but I never see them (neighbors' dogs bark at random throughout the night - arrggh!) and except for the occasional bites taken out of tomatoes there doesn't seem to be much damage.

My gamble paid off that the block walls would be high enough that rabbits would not jump up into the beds, and I suspect that they are just barely high enough ....

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2716 on: Mon, 14 November 2022, 16:56:02 »

What's your fence situation with the raised beds?

I am very lucky in that way, even though my yard backs up to a wooded area of a few acres the only pests I get are rabbits. There are probably some raccoons, opossums, and skunks that slink around at night but I never see them (neighbors' dogs bark at random throughout the night - arrggh!) and except for the occasional bites taken out of tomatoes there doesn't seem to be much damage.

My gamble paid off that the block walls would be high enough that rabbits would not jump up into the beds, and I suspect that they are just barely high enough ....

Very nice setup! And what a yield... :eek: You're doing something right! That's awesome.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2717 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 13:30:30 »
tp4 got rabbits and ground hogs. sigh... they get their cut like the mafia.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2718 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 14:26:11 »

got rabbits and ground hogs.

Some time back at a yard sale I got a dog fence, something like this, in case I started having a varmint problem but so far I haven't needed it.
My block walls seem to discourage them, and I could go another course or 2 higher if I really needed to.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2719 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 16:56:23 »
the ground hog would tunnel right under this.  they dug escape tunnels all around tp4's yard.  genius level g-hogs +30 intelligence .

Offline phinix

« Reply #2720 on: Mon, 19 December 2022, 09:24:18 »
PAD KRA PAO

Thai food is awesome. Its first time I did that and loved it.
Now I make it once a week :)

294704-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 August 2023, 17:10:25 by phinix »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2721 on: Sun, 26 February 2023, 10:06:51 »
staying awake till 8AM just so I can order fresh bagels from the best bagel place in town

i'm so ****in drunk and tired  :-\

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2722 on: Sun, 26 February 2023, 10:09:39 »
PAD KRA PAO

(Attachment Link)

my goodness this looks so delic! Holy basil!

Offline phinix

« Reply #2723 on: Sun, 26 February 2023, 18:43:06 »
PAD KRA PAO

(Attachment Link)

my goodness this looks so delic! Holy basil!

Yeah, its really tasty. I cooked some thai food in last few months - every single dish is fantastic.
Pad Kra Pao, Pad Thai, even thai red curry.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2724 on: Sun, 26 February 2023, 19:03:34 »
Lets spice this thread up a little :)
Food thread, right?

Noisy, I know you will appreciate this :)
So yeah, thai is awesome.
Here is thai red curry, I like it with lots of veggies.

296896-0

Also love japanese or chinese food.
Here's teriyaki chicken ramen.

296882-1

As I live in Scotland, there was Burn's Night last month, when we all eat HAGGIS! :D
Here's is my home made Haggis, neeps and tatties in whisky sauce.

296884-2

But, as I'm Polish, I do LOADS of Polish cuisine, so here are one of the most popular dishes, Polish potato pancakes, called "placki ziemniaczane" :)

296886-3

I rarely bake. I was born in Torun, town of famous astronomer - Copernicus - and also best in the world ginger breads.
I baked a full tray of ginger cake lately.

296888-4

After having such rich dinners, its good to just have a good sandwich for lunch :D
With Polish pickled gherkins. Like LGR would say - "pickled spear!" :)

296890-5

« Last Edit: Thu, 17 August 2023, 17:11:06 by phinix »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2725 on: Sun, 26 February 2023, 21:56:43 »
all looks so yummy and well plated

man I want a latke now, with some applesauce and sour cream  ^-^

Offline phinix

« Reply #2726 on: Mon, 27 February 2023, 11:38:48 »
Today I made something from french cuisine for my family - chicken vol au vent - all loved it :)

296939-0 296941-1
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 August 2023, 17:12:44 by phinix »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2727 on: Mon, 13 March 2023, 18:28:51 »
I ate basically only bagels for a week straight and lost 6lbs.
On my way to write a new book about The Bagel Diet! 3 bagels w/ cream cheese a day + whatever you want to drink + supplements = healthy living?

Offline phinix

« Reply #2728 on: Mon, 13 March 2023, 19:24:15 »
On my way to write a new book about The Bagel Diet! 3 bagels w/ cream cheese a day + whatever you want to drink + supplements = healthy living?

I bet you constipating now like hell :D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2729 on: Mon, 13 March 2023, 19:32:17 »

lol it's not been great, but that's what coffee and psyllium husk is for!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2730 on: Mon, 13 March 2023, 20:46:01 »

gotta eat fiber people,  #1 cause of colon cancer is meat putrifying in the gut due to well, consumption of meat,  but THAT and the lack of FIBER to move the bowel.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2731 on: Mon, 13 March 2023, 21:38:00 »

gotta eat fiber people

Are fiber people vegan? Is is considered cannibalism?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2733 on: Mon, 13 March 2023, 21:56:40 »

gotta eat fiber people

Speaking of which, when I was a wee lad, my parents tricked me into eating human-fish cake in India (made from fish that eat corpses). They thought it was soooo funny I ate someones ancestor. 

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2734 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 08:13:15 »
Still not enough to make me want to re-watch  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #2735 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 10:58:38 »

gotta eat fiber people

Speaking of which, when I was a wee lad, my parents tricked me into eating human-fish cake in India (made from fish that eat corpses). They thought it was soooo funny I ate someones ancestor.
All flesh is grass to fatten oxen.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2736 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 11:55:21 »
WAIT... IS THIS A PLACE THAT I CAN POST ALL OF THE THINGS I MAKE ON MY SMOKER?!

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2737 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 12:05:53 »
In my old age I have forgotten how to post pictures on Geekhack so here are the 2 I could get to work:

* IMG_1768.HEIC (2498.9 kB - downloaded 20 times.)
297481-1

Offline iri

« Reply #2738 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 15:48:48 »
HaCHapuri.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2739 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 17:00:53 »
Looks like I will have to try making some of that. And eating it with my hands.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #2740 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 21:53:10 »

The reason I could never stay in Europe long term right here. When I visited ireland I missed these things so bad.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2742 on: Fri, 24 March 2023, 12:44:28 »
Some favorites from our recent trip to Maui

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2743 on: Fri, 24 March 2023, 12:47:05 »

tp4 is recalling delicious memories. /hgnnngh mah arteries though. .

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2744 on: Fri, 24 March 2023, 12:53:32 »

tp4 is recalling delicious memories. /hgnnngh mah arteries though. .

Embrace the delicious memories, tp...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2745 on: Tue, 04 April 2023, 14:59:04 »
3x apple pre-chop, freeze,  blend with 3/4 cup mango nectar.

Maximum fr00t sugar-rush.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2746 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 05:49:19 »
I'm having a sandwich. I won't have it all at once, my 190ml stomach won't accept it whole unfortunately, but half will be fine :)

299865-0 299867-1
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 August 2023, 17:13:32 by phinix »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2747 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 07:20:52 »

my 190ml stomach won't accept it

That is very small! Does it apply to liquids as well? How long does it take to empty out for another go?

Offline iri

« Reply #2748 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 10:15:27 »
Hey phinix, how much weight have you lost?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #2749 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 10:24:30 »

my 190ml stomach won't accept it

That is very small! Does it apply to liquids as well? How long does it take to empty out for another go?

Well, yes, its whole capacity of my stomach. Big problem with this is that I cannot eat and drink at the same time.
I need to eat or drink first, then make 30-60 minutes breaks between each intake. Imagine how frustrating it is, when I eat something a bit spicy or salty, then not able to drink for next hour :D
Of course I should not eat anything spicy or salty, but still...
Best configuration is to drink first, then eat after 30-40 minutes. Then I can drink again after an hour, but sipping my drink to see when I hit the top of my stomach.

I've done it 2 times - hit the top, or simply, overflow - what happens is stomach immediately throw up all of it. So I better "learn" my stomach capacity quickly, before I eat in public :D

Also, imagine that I cannot drink whole glass at once! That is also frustrating, now when temps in Scotland are around 27C, I need to sip my drinks.... :'(
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 June 2023, 10:28:08 by phinix »