Author Topic: [IC] GON NerD60 PCB. MOQ24 = Black colour for free - GB is LIVE!!!!  (Read 18942 times)

Offline okwchin

ITS LIVE!!!

GB for a custom run of clean BLACK NerD60 PCBs

Direct Link to GB Item for your convenience (Please see below for more links to accessory items)

Just picture this PCB, photographed by BunnyLake, but in an Sexy stealthy black... Now just imagine having this piece of hotness in your hands… :)

So tell me more...

Why?
Why you might ask, why would I want to buy a black PCB over a green one...
Now imagine if this was in black.. It would look Epic, Stealthy and would work better with any keycap combination you go for. Having transparent or clear acrylic cases would mean a neutral black coloured PCB would prevent the green showing through and breaking your perfect theme.

For those who have a metal plate and a metal case, at least with the black PCB you will be able to better admire your soldering work, and know you have the cooler looking black PCB over the standard green, and that your PCB is one of a limited run ;) It's whats inside that counts right?  :cool:

Nerd60 PCB
Key Features

- 60% PCB - Compatible with Pure/poker cases (i.e. most 3rd party 60% cases)
- All 6 mounting holes present, and an additional hole left of spacebar.
- USB connector same location as Pure/PokerX (And the PokerII USB position is very slightly different). This NerD60 PCB should be compatible with all commercially available cases!
- Supports ANSI + ISO layouts, and 1.25/1.75 shifts, 1u backspace, 1.25 or 1.5 mods, 6u 6.25u or 7u spacebars.
- USB Full NKRO & 6KRO Support(Toggle)
- Multimedia Keys Supported
- 1000Hz(1ms) Polling Rate
- Supports Full backlighting and Side lighting (with 35-40 side LEDs)
- Editable Key Maps
- Hardware MACRO
- One Macro can include 1~2000 Key Inputs. User can save 2000 inputs at "one" key, or smaller chunks of inputs at  "70" keys.
(User can save 1 ~ 70 Macros)
- Adjustable delay for key delivery during macro recall

- 1.6T PCB based on NerD controller
- SMD components for the controller are all pre-soldered, and manually tested before shipping.
- Requires Switch Diodes, Through-Hole type. (Can be customised by asking for diodes to be pre-soldered, additional $15) (Total $68)
- LED Diodes, and resistors required for side lighting, (Can be customised by asking for side LEDs and resistors to be installed, additional $40) (Total $93)
- Both of the above for an additional $52. (total $105)

- The PCB will currently operate with pre-programmed key mapping http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57751.msg1314463#msg1314463
 however the re-mapping will only be re-programmable with the GUI software that will be released in 1-2 months around the end of July! re-mapping is now possible with the released GUI

- (Update 16th July 2014) Here is a short preview of the GUI programming.
- Essentially you can drag and drop keyboard mappings from the left column, to the keyboard on the right.
- All 3 layers, Normal, Fn1, Fn2 can be edited.
- Load the layout from the keyboard to the software by pressing "Load".
- Save layouts to the keyboard by pressing "Save". No need to unplug/plug the keyboard.
- Easy as that! Gon feels that this is the easiest client software for a custom keyboard!
- Works with NerD Controllers (i.e. NerD 60%, 87%, and 100% boards)
- The video is by GON, a rare situation where you have a korean keyboard guy working directly with the english speaking market :)  Video is 8mins.

So I want in some of this action. How does it work?

Orders will be placed in batches of 24 by GON with his manufacturer. The manufacturing order will actually be sent in at 20 units to accelerate the process. Given that there was a commitment for 28 units over 2 months, we are realistically looking at a single run of these PCBs happening, unless we make it to 48 PCBs.

Therefore, if you want in, now is the time to get your foot in the door. Place an order for the PCB and associated accessory items on GON's webshop. When the GB goes ahead, he will send for the PCBs to be manufactured, and you will receive your item in due course.

1> PCB or PCB+Housing Combo
http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/pcbs-and-controllers/113-black-nerd-60-pcb-okwchin-gb.html

2> Optional Soldering(Should place an order for PCB along with your order for Soldering)
http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/customizing-services-and-etc/114-optional-soldering-for-nerd-60-pcb.html

3> If you want full assembly, you have to place an order for PCB first(So GON knows you want a black PCB) then add the full assembly keyboard item.
(I will adjust pricing(-$53 because the full assembly item includes a normal Nerd Board). Full assembly order item is needed for GON to identify your assembly options clearly.)
http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/custom-kbds-w-assembly/101-gon-ns-nerd-60-w-tuningassembly.html

Further details about the way the GB will be run, from GON himself
More
One more thing to let you know...
MOQ is decreased, but there came one more limit...
The QTY should be multiple of 24. So, in this case the number will be limited to 24.
I will only open orders for 24 pcs.
So, they should place orders before the PCBs are all gone.

About Schedule
- I will place order for manufacturing PCBs when the number of orders/payments reach 20 to save time.
(Paypal Gift Payment is prefered. You can choose the option when checking out. I updated my website for that. ;))
- Then I need one business week to get the PCBs from the factory. And I need a week to solder controllers and do test.
- In short, the ETA will be "at the time of 20 orders taken" + 1 business week + 2~3 days for shipping preparation + Delivery via UPS/EMS or equivalent Express Shipping(Generally get within a week.)

And I have a suggestion,
I will open 10 special price orders for GON NS NerD 60 non-glare Black( /w SCM435 Steel Bolts and Black AL Legs) Housing to fit Black PCB.
This will be a combo-product consisted of Non-Glare Black NS NerD 60 Housing + Black PCB = $203. ;)

Further notes with GONs responses to FAQs
More
- "Will there be a Proxy available for the US customers?"

=> As you guess, I will ship the PCBs to the address of the buyer.
So a buyer should collect orders before he finally place an order to me. ;)

- There are a few non-windows based users (myself included). the following is an excerpt from one of the comments. "I'm very interested in a 60% right now, but I don't do Windows - all OS X + Linux machines, so it looks like the programmer isn't very useful.  If the source code for the basic CLI editor were available, that'd be a big deal for me to consider the board!"

=>Unfortunately, opening the source code for NerD frim or Software seems to be unavailable. sorry....

- Another member requested full assembly of their board. Depending on case choice, I am sure GON can work something out for you utilising this black PCB.
=> No Problem. ;)

Within this lies an excerpt from the IC thread for reference.
More
Interest Check for - GON NerD60 PCB in BLACK

Update 16th July 2014 - added GUI programming software information, and GON preview video link.
Update 8th Aug 2014 - Added MOQ 260 details, and clarified compatibility of NerD60 with all cases, not a concern.
Update 15 Aug 2014 - GB thread is posted - a copy of the IC thread, but slightly modified to be appropriate for GB use

Normally available in a Green silkscreen, this IC thread aims to measure interest in a BLACK silkscreened PCB.
- This may eventually be a GB for a Black PCB. If this goes ahead GON will go ahead and produce a run of PCBs that will be available from his shop at the same price ($53) for the GB period. Beyond which, the black PCBs may be available for a premium.
- If the GB reaches 260 units, GON will offer free soldering of diodes and resistors too!

Tier 1
MOQ - 50 PCBs
How Much - $53 base price (same as standard green)
When - 2-4 weeks, or when deadline is reached
How - If successful, product will be purchasable from gonskeyboardworks.com for a limited time at GB price

Tier 2
MOQ - 260 PCBs
How Much - Free Diode and Resistor soldering too! (still the same $53 base price)

Please Register your thoughts here (including those who are not interested in this PCB, your input will help). There are 5 multi choice questions, Easy!!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nedqyr8fpcXr7D0rTRrw-wg7jMuiiXqYUfmDU93dHhQ/viewform?usp=send_form

Availability
- These will be available directly from his store for the GB period, for the same price as the stock green PCB. Customisations such as pre-soldering of diodes and side LEDs will be applicable as per the green board
- Beyond this GB period, extra Black PCBs will only be available at a premium over the green PCB.

- Ultimately, this GB will only be run at GON's discretion, based on his assessment of genuine interest generated though the IC thread.
- Number of PCBs produced will be at his discretion.

Gon has stated that if there are at least 50 PCBs committed, then this GB will go ahead!

Shipping
- Shipping is only available via EMS/Fedex/DHL/UPS for safer delivery. It will be fast, but not cheap. Combined shipping is encouraged.
- Shipping costs can be estimated on GONs website and should be the same as the standard green board.

And... Maybe A GB for a NerD60 Housing
GON has suggested that he will consider a GB for Nerd60 housings. This will run for a quantity of 25 units if the Black GB runs.
- The housing GB should offer a quicker production of relevant cases.
- ISO and ANSI compatible plate
- One colour - Glare Silver, or Non-Glare Black
- Housing includes Frame, Top and bottom panels, the top one functions as the switch plate too.
- The NerD60 and 38GT PCBs have slightly different dimensions and connector locations, the NerD60 will not fit in NS38 housings and vice versa. Also, the NerD60 supports ISO.

Current pre-programmed key mapping. This can be changed once the software is available, which should be about the time the boards are arriving.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57751.msg1314463#msg1314463

(Nostalgia Link - The original IC thread, before the GB page went up)
More
ITS LIVE!!!

Available to order now!

Orders will be placed in batches of 24, with the manufacturing order sent in at 20 units to accelerate the process. Given that there was a commitment for 28 units over 2 months, we are realistically looking at a single run of these PCBs happening, unless we make it to 48 PCBs.

Therefore, if you want in, now is the time to get your foot in the door.

http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/pcbs-and-controllers/113-black-nerd-60-pcb-okwchin-gb.html

2> Optional Soldering(Should place an order for PCB before you order Soldering)
http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/customizing-services-and-etc/114-optional-soldering-for-nerd-60-pcb.html

3> If you want full assembly, you have to place an order for PCB first(QTY should be decreased for your order) then place a full assembly kbd.
(I will adjust pricing(-$53). Full assembly order is for me to identify your assembly options clearly.)
http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/custom-kbds-w-assembly/101-gon-ns-nerd-60-w-tuningassembly.html

From GON
The QTY should be multiple of 24. So, in this case the number will be limited to 24.

About Schedule
- I will place order for manufacturing PCBs when the number of orders/payments reach 20 to save time.
(Paypal Gift Payment is prefered. You can choose the option when checking out. I updated my website for that. ;))
- Then I need one business week to get the PCBs from the factory. And I need a week to solder controllers and do test.
- In short, the ETA will be "at the time of 20 orders taken" + 1 business week + 2~3 days for shipping preparation + Delivery via UPS/EMS or equivalent Express Shipping(Generally get within a week.)

And I have a suggestion,
I will open 10 special price orders for GON NS NerD 60 non-glare Black( /w SCM435 Steel Bolts and Black AL Legs) Housing to fit Black PCB.
This will be a combo-product consisted of Non-Glare Black NS NerD 60 Housing + Black PCB = $203. ;)

And GONs responses to FAQs

- There are a few non-windows based users (myself included). the following is an excerpt from one of the comments. "I'm very interested in a 60% right now, but I don't do Windows - all OS X + Linux machines, so it looks like the programmer isn't very useful.  If the source code for the basic CLI editor were available, that'd be a big deal for me to consider the board!"

=>Unfortunately, opening the source code for NerD frim or Software seems to be unavailable. sorry....

- Another member requested full assembly of their board. Depending on case choice, I am sure GON can work something out for you utilising this black PCB.
=> No Problem. ;)

Interest Check for - GON NerD60 PCB in BLACK

Update 16th July 2014 - added GUI programming software information, and GON preview video link.
Update 8th Aug 2014 - Added MOQ 260 details, and clarified compatibility of NerD60 with all cases, not a concern.

Normally available in a Green silkscreen, this IC thread aims to measure interest in a BLACK silkscreened PCB.
- This may eventually be a GB for a Black PCB. If this goes ahead GON will go ahead and produce a run of PCBs that will be available from his shop at the same price ($53) for the GB period. Beyond which, the black PCBs may be available for a premium.
- If the GB reaches 260 units, GON will offer free soldering of diodes and resistors too!

Tier 1
MOQ - 50 PCBs
How Much - $53 base price (same as standard green)
When - 2-4 weeks, or when deadline is reached
How - If successful, product will be purchasable from gonskeyboardworks.com for a limited time at GB price

Tier 2
MOQ - 260 PCBs
How Much - Free Diode and Resistor soldering too! (still the same $53 base price)

Please Register your thoughts here (including those who are not interested in this PCB, your input will help). There are 5 multi choice questions, Easy!!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nedqyr8fpcXr7D0rTRrw-wg7jMuiiXqYUfmDU93dHhQ/viewform?usp=send_form

http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/pcbs/95-nerd-60-by-gon.html

Picture by BunnyLake of the current PCB in boring standard green.....

Why?

Why you might ask, why would I want to buy a black PCB over a green one...
Now imagine if this was in black.. It would look Epic, Stealthy and would work better with any keycap combination you go for. Having transparent or clear acrylic cases would mean a neutral black coloured PCB would prevent the green showing through and breaking your perfect theme.

For those who have a metal plate and a metal case, at least with the black PCB you will be able to better admire your soldering work, and know you have the cooler looking black PCB over the standard green, and that your PCB is one of a limited run ;) Its what you know is inside that counts right?

Nerd60 PCB
Key Features

- 60% PCB - Compatible with Pure/poker cases (i.e. most 3rd party 60% cases)
- All 6 mounting holes present, and an additional hole left of spacebar.
- USB connector same location as Pure/PokerX (And the PokerII USB position is very slightly different). This NerD60 PCB should be compatible with all commercially available cases!
- Supports ANSI + ISO layouts, and 1.25/1.75 shifts, 1u backspace, 1.25 or 1.5 mods, 6u 6.25u or 7u spacebars.
- USB Full NKRO & 6KRO Support(Toggle)
- Multimedia Keys Supported
- 1000Hz(1ms) Polling Rate
- Supports Full backlighting and Side lighting (with 35-40 side LEDs)

With the GUI software currently under development, and an expected release within a month or two, you can expect full support of the following features;
- Editable Key Maps
- Hardware MACRO (Realtime Macro without Software / Macro Recording with Dedicated Software(Software to be released in a few months, Realtime Macro recording is currently available)
- One Macro can include 1~2000 Key Inputs. User can save 2000 inputs at "one" key, or smaller chunks of inputs at  "70" keys.
(User can save 1 ~ 70 Macros)
- Adjustable delay for key delivery during macro recall

- 1.6T PCB based on NerD controller
- SMD components for the controller are all pre-soldered, and manually tested before shipping.
- Requires Switch Diodes, Through-Hole type. (Can be customised by asking for diodes to be pre-soldered, additional $15) (Total $68)
- LED Diodes, and resistors required for side lighting, (Can be customised by asking for side LEDs and resistors to be installed, additional $40) (Total $93)
- Both of the above for an additional $52. (total $105)

- The PCB will currently operate with pre-programmed key mapping http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57751.msg1314463#msg1314463
 however the re-mapping will only be re-programmable with the GUI software that will be released in 1-2 months around the end of July!

- (Update 16th July 2014) Here is a short preview of the GUI programming.
- Essentially you can drag and drop keyboard mappings from the left column, to the keyboard on the right.
- All 3 layers, Normal, Fn1, Fn2 can be edited.
- Load the layout from the keyboard to the software by pressing "Load".
- Save layouts to the keyboard by pressing "Save". No need to unplug/plug the keyboard.
- Easy as that! Gon feels that this is the easiest client software for a custom keyboard!
- Works with NerD Controllers (i.e. NerD 60%, 87%, and 100% boards)

-

- The video is by GON, a rare situation where you have a korean keyboard guy working directly with the english speaking market :)  Video is 8mins.

Availability
- These will be available directly from his store for the GB period, for the same price as the stock green PCB. Customisations such as pre-soldering of diodes and side LEDs will be applicable as per the green board
- Beyond this GB period, extra Black PCBs will only be available at a premium over the green PCB.

- Ultimately, this GB will only be run at GON's discretion, based on his assessment of genuine interest generated though the IC thread.
- Number of PCBs produced will be at his discretion.

Gon has stated that if there are at least 50 PCBs committed, then this GB will go ahead!

Shipping
- Shipping is only available via EMS/Fedex/DHL/UPS for safer delivery. It will be fast, but not cheap. Combined shipping is encouraged.
- Shipping costs can be estimated on GONs website and should be the same as the standard green board.

And... Maybe A GB for a NerD60 Housing
GON has suggested that he will consider a GB for Nerd60 housings. This will run for a quantity of 25 units if the Black GB runs.
- The housing GB should offer a quicker production of relevant cases.
- ISO and ANSI compatible plate
- One colour - Glare Silver, or Non-Glare Black
- Housing includes Frame, Top and bottom panels, the top one functions as the switch plate too.
- The NerD60 and 38GT PCBs have slightly different dimensions and connector locations, the NerD60 will not fit in NS38 housings and vice versa. Also, the NerD60 supports ISO.

Current pre-programmed key mapping. This can be changed once the software is available, which should be about the time the boards are arriving.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57751.msg1314463#msg1314463
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 September 2014, 13:14:50 by okwchin »

Offline okwchin

« Last Edit: Fri, 11 July 2014, 11:45:20 by okwchin »

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
I'm interested.

What is wrong with the USB compatibility? Is there an issue with the poker 2 USB?

Offline okwchin

These were the words of GON himself. http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57751.msg1391502#msg1391502

I do not personally own a PokerII. I was under the understanding that a Poker II was compatible with a PokerX and Pure case, but I might be mistaken.

Can we have this confirmed by someone? I only have Pure boards as they suit my style of use.

This has been clarified by GON - The NerD60 PCB will be compatible with all cases, inclusive of Pure, Poker, PokerII, GH60 compatible cases. The difference GON has stated is that the PokerII allegedly has a fractionally more outward USB connector position.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 August 2014, 00:36:10 by okwchin »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
GON has said that this board works with poker and pure cases
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline GON

• * Maker
  • Skype ID : GonsKeyboardWorks
    • GONsKeyboardWorks
Re: [IC] GON NerD60 PCB - Same price $53 - but in BLACK!!
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 11:50:36 »
Please add this,

That's a short preview of NerDy GUI.
I think this is the easiest Client Software for Custom Keyboard.
This GUI works only with NerD Controller.
Even though I have made/assembled/tuned HUNDREDs of keyboards for others, I myself don't have a full-tuned Custom Keyboard now.
So Ironical!

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 11:57:06 »
Entered for interest. Looking to build an HHKB layout soon enough.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 13:58:28 »
form filled. Looks like it's moving along.

Offline okwchin

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 20:28:14 »
GON has stated that the Nerdy GUI is moving along nicely too!  End of July, the software should be ready for release. So theres no reason to wait now ;)

Offline GON

• * Maker
    • GONsKeyboardWorks
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 00:51:09 »
Hi GHers!

I have just released the new firmware and NerDy GUI

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50577.msg1105404#msg1105404

Try and share your experience~

Thanks, ;)
GON
Even though I have made/assembled/tuned HUNDREDs of keyboards for others, I myself don't have a full-tuned Custom Keyboard now.
So Ironical!

Offline okwchin

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 02:22:29 »
Oh thats exciting! Time for me to get myself a windows computer (LOL)

Looks like this IC is quiet. Either
1) Not enough people actually care about a black PCB
2) Not enough exposure, too few people check the IC section
3) Not many people even know of or want a NerD60 board.
`

For those who actually want a GON NerD60 board, this is a great deal!, it costs the same, it is available in the same way, and theres no risk involved as there is no need to front up any money until you are ready to buy it as per normal.

What do you think...
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 July 2014, 02:24:38 by okwchin »

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 03:05:56 »
I am only scared by the nerd controller as I have never heard of this outside of gons fantastic keyboard lineup.
Is this a open platform like atmel that I can develop on or is this closed source?

I have 2 gh60 pcb's that should come sometime soon but this looks exceptional and I do not thing I can pass this up.

Offline GON

• * Maker
    • GONsKeyboardWorks
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 06:15:30 »
I am only scared by the nerd controller as I have never heard of this outside of gons fantastic keyboard lineup.
Is this a open platform like atmel that I can develop on or is this closed source?

I have 2 gh60 pcb's that should come sometime soon but this looks exceptional and I do not thing I can pass this up.

NerDy GUI is not open, it will work only with NerD PCBs. ;)

I have updated all the video manuals for NerDy GUI.
You can watch them at
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50577.0
So Ironical!

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 20:53:12 »
Been eyeing this IC.  Still on the fence but I'd probably pick one up. Black PCB is sexy and I need to repopulate my board collection.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 11:18:35 »
I'm in for one :)
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 11:37:58 »
I'm interested in at least one.

Offline okwchin

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 21:48:16 »
I guess for those hardcore users, having an open firmware would be nice, but for the likes of us who might not have the technical ability, time to spend learning/changing/troubleshooting the firmware, or simply would be happy with an out of box programmable layout pcb that offers practically most layouts anyone needs, then this deal is pretty attractive.

Happy to see theres interest out there :)

If your interested, let it be known, we can only make it a possibility if you put your hand up for one  :thumb:

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 01:11:53 »
if this had been a tkl i would have been all over it. glwgb

Topre REALFORCE

Offline GON

• * Maker
    • GONsKeyboardWorks
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 07:17:10 »
Would you modify the IC?
If qty reaches more than 260 pcs, I think I can presolder all the diodes and resistors.
The pricing will be "no match" to before and ever after. It will be still much cheaper than the retail price even with diodes and resistors presoldered.

And optional "CNC Machined 2T UV60%" plate at fantastic price will be offered. NOT cheap laser cut plate!!!

Just see the video manuals for NerDy GUI. This GUI is the really best.

Do you know any other board that can make a 2000 input macro other than NerD?

This is not to make profit, but to make NerD known.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 August 2014, 19:20:28 by GON »
So Ironical!

Offline cjhard

• Claudia the Magnificent
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 13:53:25 »
I've not seen much detail on the difference between the Poker X and Poker II cases that causes this PCB to be incompatible. Is it just the placement of the mini USB component? I have interest, but I also have one Tex Aluminum case and one spare Poker II stock case.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 14:09:57 »
I recently did some trades and received both poker x and poker 2 cases. I have seen no difference what so ever between the 2 but I do not have calipers to measure everything.

Offline GON

• * Maker
    • GONsKeyboardWorks
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 19:16:14 »
I've not seen much detail on the difference between the Poker X and Poker II cases that causes this PCB to be incompatible. Is it just the placement of the mini USB component? I have interest, but I also have one Tex Aluminum case and one spare Poker II stock case.

I recently did some trades and received both poker x and poker 2 cases. I have seen no difference what so ever between the 2 but I do not have calipers to measure everything.

PokerX and Poker2 PCBs have slightly different dimension concerining their USB connector position.
More specifically speaking, USB connector of PokerX is more outwards than that of Poker2.
This does not usually make any compatibility issues.
Saying, NerD60 fits all(as far as I know) PokerX/Poker2 housings.

But one thing... GH60 PCB does not fit NS NerD 60 housing. That's it.
There is no known compatibility issue for NerD 60 PCB.

Don't worry NerD60 fits all PokerX/PokerX2 cases as far as I know.
So Ironical!

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 22:56:59 »
if the gh60 fits all poker cases why would a gh60 not fit in a nerd60 housing?

Offline GON

• * Maker
    • GONsKeyboardWorks
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 01:07:13 »
if the gh60 fits all poker cases why would a gh60 not fit in a nerd60 housing?

The USB position of GH60 is slightly different from that of PokerX.
And NerD 60 PCB is smaller than GH60. So GH 60 does not fit NS NerD 60.
But NerD 60 fits all PokerX cases.
So Ironical!

Offline okwchin

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 01:36:54 »
I unfortunately don't have a GH60 or a Poker2 to compare. Thanks for the clarification GON.
Essentially, there is NO concerns about fitting a NerD60 PCB into any commercially available case compatible with the pure/poker/pokerII/GH60 boards.
I will update the IC thread with the new offer when I get a chance.  - Updated the title and intro information.

(additionally, about the plates. Will these be available as an option to all people who participate in this GB (and only these?). And only if this GB reaches 50, or 260 people.

Looks like the GB is getting closer to the first tier target.

I have added an additional question that asks what customisations you are going to go with for your PCB. For those who filled out the forms before, feel free to fill in again. I will at some intervals work on deleting duplicate copies. If your intended purchase numbers have changed, you can fill it in again, and I will remove duplicates.

At this stage, its small enough to manage personally, but we shall see how we go :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 August 2014, 00:51:50 by okwchin »

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
Re: [IC] GON NerD60 PCB. MOQ50 = Black colour for free. MOQ260 = Free soldering
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 20:31:33 »
How is the interest check going? Any chance this will go through?

Offline okwchin

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 20:57:48 »
Its moving slowly, but its not moving at a rate that looks like we will reach MOQ. We are about half way, but given the time taken and the fact that the early respondents might not be in the same position anymore, I have my doubts.

I guess the possible release of the same board by bunny, A Nerd60 in black with "CtrlAlt" on it, and the excitement of competing boards, and not forgetting the fact that this is a fairly niche product doesn't help :(.

I don't know. It would only move on if the MOQ is reduced, or if there is a sudden surge of people. Your best bet at the moment (at the risk of undermining this ic) is to get a CtrlAlt Nerd60 board, available to order in a small quantity.
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 September 2014, 21:13:19 by okwchin »

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 07:56:04 »
 :( damn that really sucks... I think I'll play the waiting game and if all goes bad I'll just get the green PCB.

Offline GON

• * Maker
    • GONsKeyboardWorks
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 08:15:24 »
Its moving slowly, but its not moving at a rate that looks like we will reach MOQ. We are about half way, but given the time taken and the fact that the early respondents might not be in the same position anymore, I have my doubts.

I guess the possible release of the same board by bunny, A Nerd60 in black with "CtrlAlt" on it, and the excitement of competing boards, and not forgetting the fact that this is a fairly niche product doesn't help :(.

I don't know. It would only move on if the MOQ is reduced, or if there is a sudden surge of people. Your best bet at the moment (at the risk of undermining this ic) is to get a CtrlAlt Nerd60 board, available to order in a small quantity.

I've got a good news.

MOQ is decreased.

24 will make it. ;)
So Ironical!

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 11:28:21 »

I've got a good news.

MOQ is decreased.

24 will make it. ;)

This is great news! How many people have expressed commitment so far?  ;D I'm getting excited.  big thanks gon!

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 12:05:57 »
Well I want a non [CTRL]ALT branded pcb, so I'm still in for one. The price is good, and black is wicked :cool:

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 16:30:04 »
Looks like 28 people are commited. 22 for 1 PCB and 6 for 2 PCBs. Total being 34 PCBs.

I have ordered from the [CTRL]Alt GB though, so 33 PCBs is the number if you still have everyone who filled out the form.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 17:57:02 »
Thanks for the reduction, Gon.  Looks like we'd be pretty damn close, depending on who's changed their mind or not.  I also have an order from the [CTRL]Alt GB but if we need another one here to help, I might be willing.

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 18:28:27 »
Call me picky, but i don' t want a ctrlalt branded PCB   :p

Offline okwchin

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 22:12:57 »
Raw numbers put it around 33 for interest, and 28 for 'high level commitment'.  Actual sales will vary, but hopefully don't fall too far below. Its always understandable as newer boards come up, and interest shifts over time.

So based on GONs new MOQ, the interest gathered over a period of almost 2 months! (lol) this GB is numerically ready to go, and up to the discretion of GON if he feels the actual sales will meet his MOQ. He will then need to create the item on his website for us to order.

If we get the go-ahead from GON, I would say it would be a very good idea to send everyone on this thread a PM with a message to advise that the GB is happening. This can be organised once we get the go-ahead.

As an additional note for GON - these are the comments from the respondents. I have also added my commentary. GON - please let us know what your thoughts are.

(my thoughts are - there can be, but the concern with this is the timing. A proxy is doable if all boards are not customised, however boards that request soldering to various levels would take longer. This would delay the process, and those participating in a proxy must appreciate that. Maybe there can be different proxy levels. Given that this GB is going to be a product available on GON's website, the proxy will probably need to be someone ordering on behalf of everyone?. The exact details need to be sorted out between the members who are interested)

(I fortunately do have access to windows machines, and hope this to be something I only need to do for the first month, and then maybe occasionally, however the possibility to open up the facility for OSX/linux programming will add to the scope of customers (not too many, but those will love you for it!))

« Last Edit: Thu, 04 September 2014, 22:16:56 by okwchin »

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 23:13:21 »

Raw numbers put it around 33 for interest, and 28 for 'high level commitment'.  Actual sales will vary, but hopefully don't fall too far below. Its always understandable as newer boards come up, and interest shifts over time.

So based on GONs new MOQ, the interest gathered over a period of almost 2 months! (lol) this GB is numerically ready to go, and up to the discretion of GON if he feels the actual sales will meet his MOQ. He will then need to create the item on his website for us to order.

If we get the go-ahead from GON, I would say it would be a very good idea to send everyone on this thread a PM with a message to advise that the GB is happening. This can be organised once we get the go-ahead.

As an additional note for GON - these are the comments from the respondents. I have also added my commentary. GON - please let us know what your thoughts are.

(my thoughts are - there can be, but the concern with this is the timing. A proxy is doable if all boards are not customised, however boards that request soldering to various levels would take longer. This would delay the process, and those participating in a proxy must appreciate that. Maybe there can be different proxy levels. Given that this GB is going to be a product available on GON's website, the proxy will probably need to be someone ordering on behalf of everyone?. The exact details need to be sorted out between the members who are interested)

(I fortunately do have access to windows machines, and hope this to be something I only need to do for the first month, and then maybe occasionally, however the possibility to open up the facility for OSX/linux programming will add to the scope of customers (not too many, but those will love you for it!))

Would people be able to run the CLI editor in WINE on linux? I'm on windows so I'm fine but i also use linux sometimes.

Offline GON

• * Maker
    • GONsKeyboardWorks
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 00:26:24 »

=> No Problem. ;)

About Schedule

And I have a suggestion,

The order is open now.

3> If you want full assembly, you have to place an order for PCB first(QTY should be decreased for your order) then place a full assembly kbd.
(I will adjust pricing(-$53). Full assembly order is for me to identify your assembly options clearly.)

Now all Clear? ;)

So Ironical!

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 00:35:03 »
Thanks for clearing all that up, Gon.  :thumb:  Very cool deals.

Offline okwchin

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 00:35:54 »
It's Live!!  :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks GON! and Thanks to everyone that helped make it happen!
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 September 2014, 00:40:07 by okwchin »

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 02:24:37 »

=> No Problem. ;)

About Schedule

And I have a suggestion,

The order is open now.

Now all Clear? ;)
do you have a picture of the housing? I just bought an acrylic case but I might consider. Thanks GON!

Offline okwchin

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 02:33:18 »
I would think its pretty similar to other GONs cases :) this is a pretty neat one.

Show Image

Show Image

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47644.120
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 September 2014, 02:37:23 by okwchin »

Offline GON

• * Maker
    • GONsKeyboardWorks
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 02:59:24 »
I would think its pretty similar to other GONs cases :) this is a pretty neat one.

Show Image

Show Image

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47644.120

Yes Similar to that one.
And NS NerD 60 Housing supports all the layout variations of NerD 60 PCB, including split shifts, split BS, ISO Enter... ;)
So Ironical!

Offline cjhard

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 07:49:57 »
Got my order in. Let's do this.

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 17:30:36 »
I can finally get around to assembling a keyboard.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 05:09:55 »
After the Granite R2 paypal messed with my money I have now a BIG sum locked :( I hope it will be solved before all the orders are closed, hate when this hapens :((((

Offline GON

• * Maker
    • GONsKeyboardWorks
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 07:49:12 »
After the Granite R2 paypal messed with my money I have now a BIG sum locked :( I hope it will be solved before all the orders are closed, hate when this hapens :((((

You don't have to wait till your Paypal problem to be solved.
I do accept Credit Card payment at www.GONsKeyboardworks.com. ;)
So Ironical!

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: [IC] GON NerD60 PCB. MOQ24 = Black colour for free - GB is LIVE!!!!
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 11:03:48 »
I know you accept Credit Card, the problem is that I have more than 300$ locked by the bank after PayPal did some funky stuff, and now I don't have the funds available, but I will find a way :)

Offline GON

• * Maker
    • GONsKeyboardWorks
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 11:10:07 »
It's Live!!  :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks GON! and Thanks to everyone that helped make it happen!

Would you pm or email to the members so that they can know that the GB is on now?
I just want to finish the GB quickly so that every member can get the board quickly and get on assembling. ;)
So Ironical!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 13:27:57 »
Oh man I wish my pcb was black! Legit GB!

Offline cjhard

« Reply #49 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 15:12:27 »
If I add the diode soldering with the Optional Soldering kit into my cart, it calculates shipping again. Do I pay also to ship the diodes soldered onto the PCB?