Author Topic: [GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 / GB CONCLUDED  (Read 370595 times)

Offline PlastikSchnittstelle

Re: [GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 (ALL PARTS ARRIVED!)
« Reply #950 on: Mon, 17 June 2019, 10:34:29 »
Just gonna leave this here..
(Attachment Link)

Wow, this looks nice! Reminds me that I want to try some kind of tactile switch again.

These Alps need a home!

Let me just show what I'm using atm. It is the standard SKB60 of which I had posted pics here. The box jade switches are the updated version but I still wasn't comfortable putting GMK caps onto them. I switched to super cheap and thin Tai Hao ABS double shots. It won't be a huge loss in case the stems break. No high-end DSLR pics, just phone and bad lighting to emphasizes the dirt this SKB has already collected. I know those pics are not sexy at all, but they are honest :)

221318-0 221320-1

... I'll go pack some boxes now ;)

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
« Reply #951 on: Mon, 17 June 2019, 10:44:10 »
Let me just show what I'm using atm. It is the standard SKB60 of which I had posted pics here. The box jade switches are the updated version but I still wasn't comfortable putting GMK caps onto them. I switched to super cheap and thin Tai Hao ABS double shots. It won't be a huge loss in case the stems break. No high-end DSLR pics, just phone and bad lighting to emphasizes the dirt this SKB has already collected. I know those pics are not sexy at all, but they are honest :)

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

... I'll go pack some boxes now ;)

Humble-flexing with potato pics of dirty SKB with cheap TaiHao... While we thirst for our own to dirty up and do bad things to.

GO PACK BOXES  ;D ;D ;D
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline Coloneljesus

« Reply #952 on: Mon, 17 June 2019, 11:50:34 »
I don't really get how it's still possible to accept orders. Wouldn't it be better to focus on getting the first orders out and deal with extras after the GB?

I'll explaine it to you. I have gotten quite a few more cases than all of you have ordered (like mentioned a few times already). The reason for that is that I wanted to have some backup cases if some get lost on the way and that I can simply sell a few more. Selling the rest does not require me to do any sort of labor. all that happenes is someone fills out the order form and gets an invoice in return. of course this will be fullfilled after all others that have ordered before. I hope this explains why it is still possible to order.

I hope you will wait with cashing in and shipping out extras until after you're sure you don't get any (more) RMAs.

Offline hansikhouse

« Reply #953 on: Mon, 17 June 2019, 12:26:00 »
Just learning about this (newbie on Geekhack) and put in an order for an SKB75 in hopes that there are any left available! Fantastic design and would love for this to be my first build.

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #955 on: Mon, 17 June 2019, 14:38:57 »
Just learning about this (newbie on Geekhack) and put in an order for an SKB75 in hopes that there are any left available! Fantastic design and would love for this to be my first build.

More and more I regret ordering only TWO SKB75 cases. :'(

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #956 on: Mon, 17 June 2019, 14:48:59 »
Show Image

These Alps need a home!

Interesting. This home needs some Alps! :cool:

Yeah, had some spare white alps lying around and laserboost was having a sale... so I learned plate design, handwiring and the art of soldering wires (much harder than switches for some reason).

And now I get to use these cool vintage keycaps from a 5140 and FK-5001

Offline Vireca

« Reply #957 on: Thu, 20 June 2019, 02:50:08 »
For the people who ordered the board later, we will receive it at the same time as GB boards or later?

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #958 on: Thu, 20 June 2019, 03:41:04 »
For the people who ordered the board later, we will receive it at the same time as GB boards or later?

Too lazy to read the thread? There has only been one production run, later orders are filled with extras. You may recieve it a little later depending on the order of fulfillment by PlastikSchnittstelle.
I like keyboards

Offline heavyheaded

« Reply #959 on: Fri, 21 June 2019, 12:22:11 »

Too lazy to read the thread? There has only been one production run, later orders are filled with extras. You may recieve it a little later depending on the order of fulfillment by PlastikSchnittstelle.

It's 20 pages of scattered conversations and non-sequiturs. I'm too lazy to read it and I joined the GB at the start.

Offline eas

« Reply #960 on: Sun, 23 June 2019, 20:19:55 »
So no luck with packing this week?

« Reply #961 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 04:37:41 »
These days I spend all my spare time with packing. In the start it turned out to be quite difficult. Went back to my spreadsheet in order to make a usefull print out just for packing. Before, I had different types of data spread over different sheets - data that I now need to be in one sheet. Now I know it is better to keep all the data in one sheet and if you need just some of it, you rather use a filter.
Will have to order more bubble wrap soon :)

Offline 1corazon

« Reply #962 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 07:50:01 »
Cant wait for this mate !! Thank you again for doing this. I think at this stage any information is much appreciated. Cant wait for this !!!

Offline koduh

« Reply #963 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 14:14:27 »
Getting anxious about getting this. All 3 of the GBs I am in right now (Dolch CR, Space65, and SKB65) are in this pack & ship phase for the last month now and its getting to my nerves!

Offline eas

« Reply #964 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 15:36:06 »
Getting anxious about getting this. All 3 of the GBs I am in right now (Dolch CR, Space65, and SKB65) are in this pack & ship phase for the last month now and its getting to my nerves!

Hello. Doubt this will make you feel any better but last week there was discussion regarding the Space65 on WeChat.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #965 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 02:41:22 »
These days I spend all my spare time with packing. In the start it turned out to be quite difficult. Went back to my spreadsheet in order to make a usefull print out just for packing. Before, I had different types of data spread over different sheets - data that I now need to be in one sheet. Now I know it is better to keep all the data in one sheet and if you need just some of it, you rather use a filter.
Will have to order more bubble wrap soon :)

Orgasmic News!
Take your time and let the photos of builds featuring SKB slowly pop up on the Internet this summer!
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline synchromatik

« Reply #966 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 09:00:46 »

« Reply #968 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 09:25:10 »
Orgasmic News!
Take your time and let the photos of builds featuring SKB slowly pop up on the Internet this summer!

Me, pics? No. A time lapse, OTOH... :cool:

no timelaps! you want me spending time with packing not creating timelapses, right? ;)
but a picture - sure, no problem:
221754-0

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #969 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 09:29:05 »
Orgasmic News!

no timelaps! you want me spending time with packing not creating timelapses, right? ;)
(Attachment Link)

So are you packing everything and then sending it in one big batch? Or mailing everything little by little as it gets packed?

« Reply #970 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 09:36:57 »
I want to pack all, then send the confirmation emails (I have already contacted a few, but only some where I see the need to make sure before I close the box), then print and attach the shipping lables, then bring everything to the postal service.
If the space will be too small for all the boxes, I'll have to start sending out packages before all cases are packed, not sure about this jet.

Offline Vireca

« Reply #971 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 11:33:38 »
You have a lot of work there. Thanks for the effort

Offline eas

« Reply #972 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 11:53:43 »
Seems you will need to rent a lorry if send off hundreds of packed boxes at once. 🤣

Offline Data

« Reply #973 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 12:33:51 »
Post office is going to hate you if you bring in 80 heavy boxes for postage.  It's your process, do it however works best for you.  But if it was me I'd probably try to divide it up into 3 or 4 smaller trips.

Offline Zuology

« Reply #974 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 12:47:07 »
Post office is going to hate you if you bring in 80 heavy boxes for postage.  It's your process, do it however works best for you.  But if it was me I'd probably try to divide it up into 3 or 4 smaller trips.

Unless he's doing some sort of bulk shipping kind of setup. Batches is always a good idea though, in case something happens to one batch, others will be unaffected.
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #975 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 15:02:28 »
Get in there and get some boards out. Imho, best thing todo is just to pop that cherry  :))

Lets Go!

Offline Vireca

« Reply #976 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 15:49:53 »
Just wondering, how many boards did you sell? I see there the number 155 but I think you sold more

Offline Coloneljesus

« Reply #977 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 16:35:56 »
Man, I don't envy you having to pack boxes in these nice summer days.

Offline Shihatsu

« Reply #978 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 05:10:20 »
The tension is killing me!

Offline sapphyr

« Reply #980 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 06:19:06 »
is this still available to buy? the GB form is still active, so I'm not sure :)

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #981 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 06:34:24 »

yes just fill out the form.  :thumb:

« Reply #982 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 07:04:56 »

:thumb:

Offline sapphyr

« Reply #983 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 07:12:43 »

Awesome sauce. I know you mentioned the KBD65 pcb fits, but does the dz65rgb also fit without any issues? This is the hotswap tada68 layout. thanks

Offline sapphyr

« Reply #984 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 07:17:12 »

almost tempted to order two at this point. Eeeek!

« Reply #985 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 07:28:36 »
Awesome sauce. I know you mentioned the KBD65 pcb fits, but does the dz65rgb also fit without any issues? This is the hotswap tada68 layout. thanks

the case is very roomy, in terms of fit there are no issues with any PCB. you also don't have to worry about screw hole positions like you would have to check if you'd buy a tray mount case. the SKB is top mount, so the screw holes in the PCB is something you don't need to bother about at all. You just need to make sure the layout you want is supported by the plate that comes with the SKB (all in the start post). the layout of the the DZ65RGB is supported, it is pretty standard 65% layout. I got this one, but it is not available at the moment. will build me another nice SKB65 with this when shipping is done :)

Offline macken

« Reply #986 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 08:15:02 »
Is the pricing still the same for people joining in at this stage? Most participants joined and paid over a year ago.

Offline lukelex

« Reply #987 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 08:37:31 »
Paying cheaper cuase you paid earlier is overrated. The whole point of this is to help something come to fruition, while getting something in return, not paying cheap IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 June 2019, 08:39:12 by lukelex »

Offline macken

« Reply #988 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 08:47:16 »
Paying cheaper cuase you paid earlier is overrated. The whole point of this is to help something come to fruition, while getting something in return, not paying cheap IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I know the purpose of a group buy. Mainly asked because I wanted to add an extra plate to my SKB75 but forgot to do so a year ago.

Offline sapphyr

« Reply #989 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 09:26:11 »

the case is very roomy, in terms of fit there are no issues with any PCB. you also don't have to worry about screw hole positions like you would have to check if you'd buy a tray mount case. the SKB is top mount, so the screw holes in the PCB is something you don't need to bother about at all. You just need to make sure the layout you want is supported by the plate that comes with the SKB (all in the start post). the layout of the the DZ65RGB is supported, it is pretty standard 65% layout. I got this one, but it is not available at the moment. will build me another nice SKB65 with this when shipping is done :)

Awesome - good 65% PCBs are rare. I didn't know TA-65 existed and it appears to be out of stock. Either way, I have an incoming dz65rgb which will fit perfectly now. thanks for doing this - this is super awesome!

Offline Zuology

« Reply #990 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 10:20:00 »
I know the purpose of a group buy. Mainly asked because I wanted to add an extra plate to my SKB75 but forgot to do so a year ago.

He is freely sharing plate files, and I am having a custom plate cut at some point. Depending on what others also do, there may be some easy ways to get in on a mini group order of plates.
More

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #991 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 12:25:50 »

He is freely sharing plate files, and I am having a custom plate cut at some point. Depending on what others also do, there may be some easy ways to get in on a mini group order of plates.

Laserboost is very communicative and is trying to grow their reach to mech keyboards, and their reps are very friendly. If someone wants to start a small plate buy, they should check how many plates LB would need for a volume discount.

Offline ZG2047

« Reply #992 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 14:11:55 »
Does anybody know the extra stock situation for this GB please ?

Offline Electrum

« Reply #993 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 14:15:52 »

You didn't even bother to even read this page did you

Offline eas

« Reply #994 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 14:27:18 »
BTW - If anyone is getting POM XD75 plates cut I might be interested.

Offline s3vv4

« Reply #995 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 10:23:48 »

Do you mean the 20 pages of this thread by "this page"?

Offline Electrum

« Reply #996 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 12:40:20 »

Do you mean the 20 pages of this thread by "this page"?

No I mean literally this page of the thread. It was a few posts up

Offline sapphyr

« Reply #997 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 16:44:15 »
Orgasmic News!

(Attachment Link)

OMG! OMG! OMG! excit!  :eek: those plates look gorje! gimme gimme gimme!

Offline ZG2047

« Reply #998 on: Mon, 01 July 2019, 13:02:44 »
If you ordered late please be advised that shipping is not expected to occur until end of July for the recent orders.

Offline sapphyr

« Reply #999 on: Mon, 01 July 2019, 13:08:40 »
If you ordered late please be advised that shipping is not expected to occur until end of July for the recent orders.

such is the GB life! In the meanwhile, I scrounge and look for 65% PCBs wherever I can find them :-P