Author Topic: Anyone have a 3Dconnexion SpacePilot Pro?  (Read 3236 times)

Offline Rally Man

Anyone have a 3Dconnexion SpacePilot Pro?
« on: Fri, 05 November 2010, 13:26:05 »
I got the regular Spacepilot, but was wondering if anyone here has had both?
INPUT GEAR
Work: Logitech MX Revolution |
Filco "Hulk" Majestouch-2 Tactile Action NKR
Home: Razer Imperator | Filco "Doraemon" Majestouch-2 Tactile Action NKR
Want:  3DConnexion SpaceMouse Enterprise | Logitech MX Master

Offline chimera15

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 05 November 2010, 21:52:46 »
Just the spacenavigator, and spacenavigator for laptops.  The rest of all the buttons and stuff seem superfluous.  I use a nostromo for all my hotkeys.  What are the advantages of the rest of it?

Ah it has a mini lcd in it. lol  I think that's a bit too logitechy for me.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 November 2010, 21:54:56 by chimera15 »
Alps boards:
white real complicated: 1x modified siiig minitouch kb1903,  hhkb light2 english steampunk hack, wireless siig minitouch hack
white with rubber damper(cream)+clicky springs: 2x modified siig minitouch kb1903 1x modified siig minitouch kb1948
white fake simplified:   1x white smk-85, 1x Steampunk compact board hack
white real simplified: 1x unitek k-258
low profile: 1x mint m1242 in box
black: ultra mini wrist keyboard hack
blue: Japanese hhk2 lite hack, 1x siig minitouch pcb/doubleshot dc-2014 caps. kb1903, 1x modified kb1948 Siig minitouch
rainbow test boards:  mck-84sx

Offline NamelessPFG

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 06 November 2010, 00:11:48 »
Sorry, mine isn't the Pro model. When it's a matter of $64 shipped for the older SpacePilot vs. at least $150 (more like $250+) for the Pro, I don't mind stepping down to an older model.

Oh, and as far as that LCD being "Logitechy", 3Dconnexion IS a subsidiary of Logitech, as well as the current incarnation of Spacetec IMC.

I just wish I could get those RBC9 drivers to work, or that GlovePIE would read it more reliably. (EDIT: Turns out that using a different GlovePIE version has fixed it.) I got mine just because the older Spacetec SpaceOrb 360 is difficult to set up on post-Win9x-era systems, and Descent just doesn't feel right with anything else. (Nor would Independence War or anything else that allows for 6DoF movement.)

Back to the LCD-the non-Pro model can't be used like a G15/G13 LCD, unfortunately. It only shows what's mapped to the number keys directly below it and what's mapped to whatever button was just pressed, sensitivity level changes, dominant axis mode, and if there are any translation or rotation filters. Word is that the Pro's LCD works just like the G19's, however, app support and all. (Wouldn't surprise me since the D-Pad near it also makes it scream G19.)
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 November 2010, 16:15:41 by NamelessPFG »

Offline YpoCaramel

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 06 November 2010, 03:51:29 »
I do have a nulooq
Keyboards: IBM Model M M13, Filco Majestouch Tactile 104, PS3 Wireless Keypad, Logitech Dinovo mini
Other Input Devices In Use: Logitech G9, Razer Orochi, Fragnstein, MX Air, Orbita
Not on hand: Evoluent Vertical Mouse, Logitech G5, Razer Diamondback, Wacom Graphire 3

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 06 November 2010, 11:14:34 »
Chimera, can you please be so kind as to give us a nutshell what's the diff between Space Nav and Laptop version?
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.