Author Topic: Access-IS / AKEOCTI635 any experience?  (Read 1834 times)

Offline synerr

Access-IS / AKEOCTI635 any experience?
« on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 18:17:04 »
I am tempted to buy and modifying the latter as a macro / speed dial seconday keyboard:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-Programmable-POS-Access-Keyboard-Black-AKEOCTI635-1-PS2-/221268351127

The specs seem to indicate that it's backed by a a metal plate and cherry mx (black?) keys.

Any experience or thoughts?

B

Press any key to continue, any other key to quit.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: Access-IS / AKEOCTI635 any experience?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 09:37:10 »
Would carbonated milk catch on?

Why dont they sell water in aluminum cans or in cartons?

I had a different but similar model before. They are very well made keyboard. It does indeed have plate mount MX blacks and usually come with mixed doubleshot and lasered/pad print SP keycap. Programming them is a bit tedious as their utility is not the best but it gets the job done. You will need a 32bit Windows and PC with native PS/2 to program it as the utility dosen't work with 64bit Windows. After programming it work fine with USB PS/2 adapter if you like to use it that way.

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 10:47:51 »
Reliable seller, I've purchased several keyboards from them. Not a bad price for one in new condition, pos keyboards can be filthy dirty.

The board should do the job for you. I've got several of these keyboards...
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline synerr

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 11:12:28 »
Thanks,

It is not bad a price indeed.  Bit of a bummer about the programming software.  I have used nothing but Linux for the past 8 years and wouldn't even know where to find the start button nowadays (that is if a start button still exists).

However I'm not entirely put off either.   I never had to so far but I'm pretty sure a fair bit can be faked from the operating system's side.   Will look into that.  Also this is an excuse to possibly replace the controller.  Winter's coming up fast and I need a new hobby.

B
Press any key to continue, any other key to quit.