Author Topic: [GB] Canoe by Percent Studios - R1 + R2 Fin.  (Read 287369 times)

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
Re: [GB] Canoe by Percent Studios - R1 + R2 Fin.
« Reply #900 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 19:41:04 »
One PCB project is done so that means the Canoe moves up on the list. I'll see where things are in December. Hopefully the other projects will be close to finished by then.

Let me know, I will add it in OP so that it's more visible, thanks for taking this up.
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline petamva

« Reply #901 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 02:57:47 »
hey guys   
i am looking for a spare pcb from the recent round   
would love if anyone has one and is willing to let it go

Offline 8idl

« Reply #902 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 14:21:27 »
Did anyone ever design a pcb/plate combo with backspace and tsangan compatability? I know Gen 2 is now available for preorder but I really like the Gen 1 case...thanks!

Offline yhs

« Reply #903 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 01:40:55 »
Anyone heard anything about expected delivery time for the Gen 2?

Offline outsider

« Reply #904 on: Fri, 13 March 2020, 21:04:29 »
So... my Canoe stopped working today.  Switching PCs, USB cables, nothing.  Windows just detects an error with the USB device and will go no further.

Did anyone ever get a 3rd party PCB going?  I really like this board so I would hate to make it a doorstop.

Offline Shoelace

« Reply #905 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 11:52:19 »
So... my Canoe stopped working today.  Switching PCs, USB cables, nothing.  Windows just detects an error with the USB device and will go no further.

Did anyone ever get a 3rd party PCB going?  I really like this board so I would hate to make it a doorstop.

Hoping for a 3rd party PCB and plate as well. 

Offline bard

« Reply #906 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 17:45:18 »
I still have one pristine working og PCB, PM me if you want to buy it.

Offline cbbplanet

« Reply #907 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 15:00:23 »
I'm also looking for a pcb if anyone has extras

Offline quadrotiles

« Reply #908 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 09:38:55 »
I notice people are commenting looking for PCBs. I am too! My keyboard just randomly stopped registering correctly and I have tried everything I can think of. If anyone has a spare pcb they're happy to part with, please let me know!

Offline outsider

« Reply #909 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 09:42:05 »
It's *really* frustrating how Percent deals with this.  I have tried contacting them several times (email, their website, instagram) and anything about spare PCBs gets ignored.  I've spent a good amount on Percent KB's but frankly this kind of thing makes me not want to give them another cent.  Every other custom KB organizer provides better support.  This is broken.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #910 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 11:38:57 »
It's *really* frustrating how Percent deals with this.  I have tried contacting them several times (email, their website, instagram) and anything about spare PCBs gets ignored.  I've spent a good amount on Percent KB's but frankly this kind of thing makes me not want to give them another cent.  Every other custom KB organizer provides better support.  This is broken.

Really? Most vendors don't have extra PCBs.

Just off the top of my head, I've had issues with Space65 and Exent. My friend's Volcanno660 also has issues.

It's just the nature of the hobby.

Offline outsider

« Reply #911 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 11:41:07 »

Really? Most vendors don't have extra PCBs.

Just off the top of my head, I've had issues with Space65 and Exent. My friend's Volcanno660 also has issues.

It's just the nature of the hobby.

I'm not saying they stock PCBs on hand, but there are usually easier ways to get extras and most will at least acknowledge your inquiry. I'd be satisfied with at least being told to get lost.

Offline ossetepo

« Reply #912 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 12:13:42 »
Percent is certainly the least communicative GB runner or storefront I've ever dealt with in this community - I've tried many times to get a hold of anyone there.  The only time I ever got a response was when I was trying to change my address for my canoe, and there they told me it was changed, but then the package still went to the old address 300 miles away.

My canoe is one of my favorite boards, but I doubt I would ever buy anything from percent again.

Offline quadrotiles

« Reply #913 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 12:33:47 »
I did email them about maybe buying a spare pcb from them if they had any extra. AND I got a reply! The reply was "check that I didn't accidentally turn on sticky keys and restart my computer". Sticky keys is definitely not the reason my pcb stopped working and restarting did nothing lol

Offline outsider

« Reply #914 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 12:31:51 »
I did email them about maybe buying a spare pcb from them if they had any extra. AND I got a reply! The reply was "check that I didn't accidentally turn on sticky keys and restart my computer". Sticky keys is definitely not the reason my pcb stopped working and restarting did nothing lol

LOL... maybe I shouldn't be upset that they ignored me.

Offline cbbplanet

« Reply #915 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 14:22:42 »
jeesh.. i guess only thing we can do is wait for R3 and option to load up on PCBs or commission someone to make one. Maybe if enough PCB broke.. the ladder option will be faster

btw, for those who have issues with PCB, did you try to flash qmk/bootmapper? Not sure if I want to touch my one and only working pcb if that's the case

Offline quadrotiles

« Reply #916 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 01:17:44 »
I messaged someone about commissioning a PCB and he said he was already planning on designing one and selling them on his site. So I think we're probably going to have a solution to our problems fairly soon :) As soon as they go on sale, and if no one has done it already, someone should post a link to them in this thread. I'm sure they'll be advertised well enough :)

I definitely did all the things I could think of with qmk. qmk usually fixes all my problems, but not this time. Also, my problems did not come from qmk, so you're probably safe if you just want to flash a new layout.

Offline cbbplanet

« Reply #917 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 03:04:46 »
I messaged someone about commissioning a PCB and he said he was already planning on designing one and selling them on his site. So I think we're probably going to have a solution to our problems fairly soon :) As soon as they go on sale, and if no one has done it already, someone should post a link to them in this thread. I'm sure they'll be advertised well enough :)

I definitely did all the things I could think of with qmk. qmk usually fixes all my problems, but not this time. Also, my problems did not come from qmk, so you're probably safe if you just want to flash a new layout.
thanks, good to know. please keep us updated if there are PCB out there.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #918 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 21:03:22 »

If there is enough interest, perhaps can get them to run a pcb GB or something. I think it is probably just one or two batches of PCBs had issues.

That said, all GBs do not come with warranty - just saying, not trying to defend Percent or anything.

Offline Pennywise359

« Reply #919 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 07:01:36 »

If there is enough interest, perhaps can get them to run a pcb GB or something. I think it is probably just one or two batches of PCBs had issues.

That said, all GBs do not come with warranty - just saying, not trying to defend Percent or anything.

I am pretty sure there is enough demand do do it. I've seen many people looking for canoe pcb. It would be lovely to get hands on that demo pcb with a split bs which you were flashing on your IG.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #920 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 13:36:09 »

I am pretty sure there is enough demand do do it. I've seen many people looking for canoe pcb. It would be lovely to get hands on that demo pcb with a split bs which you were flashing on your IG.

If Percent permits, it should not be hard to do a Canoe PCB GB.
Maybe someone can reach out to Kingnestea or Percent Studio about the possibility.

Offline sroop

« Reply #921 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 13:38:39 »
To add, could we get some booster PCBs as well? My - key isn't working and I'm too lazy to try fix it right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline outsider

« Reply #922 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 13:56:46 »
I would be down for sure with an extra PCB or two for sure.

Offline cbbplanet

« Reply #923 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 15:01:00 »
Hey guys, I've taken the liberty to email/message percent studio about putting together a PCB GB.

Offline pcire

« Reply #924 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 15:33:56 »
Hey guys, I've taken the liberty to email/message percent studio about putting together a PCB GB.

Hopefully you get a reply!

Offline Pennywise359

« Reply #925 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 18:30:37 »
Usually they just ignore all e-mails regarding the PCB

Offline cbbplanet

« Reply #926 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 02:16:18 »
Got a reply same day, they WILL BE DOING A PCB GROUP BUY or selling it on their percent.studio website. They told me they'll send out an email to those who've purchased the canoe when its up on the site

Offline yhs

« Reply #927 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 04:49:26 »
I mean, besides the not-so-well English communication, I have always gotten fast responses from Percent?

Offline Dreamer2020

« Reply #928 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 12:15:17 »
I bought a second-hand unused canoe a month ago, and the PCB sometimes had problems with the connection.  I contacted the person for PCB aftermarket, and he suggested to solder a capacitor on the PCB. While I am still waiting for the capacitor to arrive, the PCB suddenly went dead, my computer cannot recognise the keyboard anymore. :eek:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #929 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 12:20:54 »
Got a reply same day, they WILL BE DOING A PCB GROUP BUY or selling it on their percent.studio website. They told me they'll send out an email to those who've purchased the canoe when its up on the site

I asked him to in the QQ group last night. Fugui will do it.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #930 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 12:22:18 »

More people need to voice the concerns so they know it is not a single case but worthy of a GB (at scale). There is no way they will do a GB just for a single person, it is really not economical for any GB runner to do that.

Offline outsider

« Reply #931 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 13:00:01 »

More people need to voice the concerns so they know it is not a single case but worthy of a GB (at scale). There is no way they will do a GB just for a single person, it is really not economical for any GB runner to do that.

My issue was the fact I just could not get a response at all.  It's a bad experience to spend the amount you do on a custom keyboard and not be able to get any feedback (or in the case of some others helpful feedback).  I didn't expect a free board or a PCB just for me, but some level of support to me as someone who supports your business and has purchased multiple boards from you (Percent).

This is exciting news!  Appreciate the work in getting this started!

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #932 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 13:03:56 »

Awesome news! I would be in for a few!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #933 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 13:35:19 »

My issue was the fact I just could not get a response at all.  It's a bad experience to spend the amount you do on a custom keyboard and not be able to get any feedback (or in the case of some others helpful feedback).  I didn't expect a free board or a PCB just for me, but some level of support to me as someone who supports your business and has purchased multiple boards from you (Percent).

This is exciting news!  Appreciate the work in getting this started!

Understood. Just to be clear I am no longer part of the Percent Studio team. I just helped you folks communicate your concerns to him in the QQ group. From my understanding it is not Fugui's full time job, he is probably already doing his best in responding to some emails. And it is a common understanding of caveat emptor -- the GB items do not carry a warranty. To be fair to Percent, most other GB runners probably won't respond to such isolated issues, especially quite a while after GB.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 May 2020, 13:41:31 by oldcat »

Offline cbbplanet

« Reply #934 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 13:58:13 »

Understood. Just to be clear I am no longer part of the Percent Studio team. I just helped you folks communicate your concerns to him in the QQ group. From my understanding it is not Fugui's full time job, he is probably already doing his best in responding to some emails. And it is a common understanding of caveat emptor -- the GB items do not carry a warranty. To be fair to Percent, most other GB runners probably won't respond to such isolated issues, especially quite a while after GB.

First. I want to thank you oldcat for helping us communicate it to Percent. I personally have some issues trying to log back into QQ in US or else I would've took additional steps.

Second. I do agree with you that more people have to voice concerns, single complaints really is hard to resolve after manufacturing process is completed for such a long time. There's not much Percent can reply back other than i'm sorry? but for future reference, please clarify with the runner about after-sales service! This is definitely a lesson learned for myself and understand why people buy so many extra parts now.

Offline outsider

« Reply #935 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 14:11:01 »

I'll be honest - I didn't know you were!  I do follow your current projects (Space65 customer and hope to be a part of Think65v2) and have always appreciated your posts/communication.

What you are doing here is beyond scope so I am sure many others like me will be very thankful as will the folks over on Reddit who need PCBs but aren't on here. 

Offline outsider

« Reply #936 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 14:13:13 »

Second. I do agree with you that more people have to voice concerns, single complaints really is hard to resolve after manufacturing process is completed for such a long time. There's not much Percent can reply back other than i'm sorry? but for future reference, please clarify with the runner about after-sales service! This is definitely a lesson learned for myself and understand why people buy so many extra parts now.

I'm not trying to dwell on this since we have a path forward, but if more attention would have been taken to those messages we could have told him there was in fact a need beyond one or two people.  He recently sold some Canoe V1's but I don't think he sold standalone PCB's on the website (english one).  Anyway, we are moving on.   :cool:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #937 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 14:16:16 »

I'll be honest - I didn't know you were!  I do follow your current projects (Space65 customer and hope to be a part of Think65v2) and have always appreciated your posts/communication.

What you are doing here is beyond scope so I am sure many others like me will be very thankful as will the folks over on Reddit who need PCBs but aren't on here.

Thanks, I was part of Percent Team for a while helping them with overseas communications in a pro bono fashion. And I am a huge Canoe fan. I, too, am worried about the PCB, therefore, I stocked a few just in case one fails. Now I have limited time to work on my own board (while having a demanding day job), I will not have time to help Percent, but they are in good hands like Kingnestea.

For extra PCBs, I'd always recommend people do get them because no one wants a nice looking paperweight, say after 6 month or a year or two! Having an extra set of PCB and plate, interestingly, also increases resell value, in case you want to clear some of the stock to embrace new boards.

Another thing related to communication is, it is getting harder and harder for Chinese makers/GB runners to communicate given the government blocking the internet, and even blocking the use of VPNs. It is sad, but not much we can do at this point.

I will follow up with them on QQ to hopefully push the PCB GB!
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 May 2020, 14:18:57 by oldcat »

Offline outsider

« Reply #938 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 14:17:15 »
Thank you Mr Cat :)

Offline vinyldoodles

« Reply #939 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 17:02:47 »
I'm a little worried about this PCB situation. This was my first board group buy and didn't have the funds for extras at the time. How likely is this to be an issue?

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #940 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 17:56:30 »
I'm a little worried about this PCB situation. This was my first board group buy and didn't have the funds for extras at the time. How likely is this to be an issue?
Unfortunately from my experience, it's likely. I've burned through 2 PCBs—maybe I had extra bad luck tho. Oldcat was kind enough to sell me a couple extras way back in the day and they came in handy.

Offline outsider

« Reply #941 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 18:13:01 »
Unfortunately from my experience, it's likely. I've burned through 2 PCBs—maybe I had extra bad luck tho. Oldcat was kind enough to sell me a couple extras way back in the day and they came in handy.

Generally speaking, I try to buy at least one spare PCB per KB just in case.  I've only had the Percent one fail so far but it's good insurance for any KB honestly.

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #942 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 18:49:28 »
i only have the canoe's from after the percent.studio site went up, and so far none of them have caused any issues for me.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #943 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 22:26:58 »

Good old days, I have one canoe pcb fried myself since.

Offline tonyjones

• I like big butts and I cannot lie.
« Reply #944 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 22:40:38 »
I'm looking for an extra PCB also? Any updates?
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 June 2020, 00:58:35 by tonyjones »

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #945 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 04:16:03 »
I still rather want you guys to make a PCB then Percent since they make bad PCB's  :))
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline tonyjones

• I like big butts and I cannot lie.
« Reply #946 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 09:57:24 »
You might be able to ask hiney, he made the replacement pcb for the TX87 by Leeku etc. It's actually on a group by right now.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #947 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 01:04:43 »

Offline outsider

« Reply #948 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 16:43:42 »
Thanks for the heads up! Jumping on that.

Offline vinyldoodles

« Reply #949 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 05:13:34 »
Are the Gen 1 and Gen 2 PCB's interchangeable?