Author Topic: [GB] GMK WoB Hiragana (CLOSED)  (Read 90052 times)

Offline briano1905

[GB] GMK WoB Hiragana (CLOSED)
« on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 05:01:52 »
The Group Buy is finally LIVE! :) (August 12 - September 6) 2019

NovelKeys (NA): https://novelkeys.xyz/products/gmk-wob-hiragana
MyKeyboard (EU): https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/category/group-buys/gmk-hiragana_179/
DailyClack (ASIA/OCEANIA): https://dailyclack.com/collections/keycaps/products/gmk-wob-hiragana

Interest Check: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=97358
Product Page (have all renders): https://briano1905.com/gmk-wob-hiragana

August 12 2019: GB starts
September 6, 2019: GB ends
September 7, 2019: Place order to GMK
Shipping ETA: Mid-December

[Shout out] to my friend Nvmbra he's running a separate mini GB for those of you who want a DELETE key or R5 bottom row
224370-0
more info: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCBEfZt5cvt8MQQkCtS9rQbveWdMT3NxInczduewkKqAxSvA/viewform
THERE ARE ONLY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AND THEY WILL NOT SHIP TOGETHER WITH THIS GB!
[End Shout out]

Base kit

224343-1

40s kit

224345-2

Micons kit

224347-3

Packaging (Base kit only) art by OneCreativeMind

224350-4

700*300mm Deskmat art by OneCreativeMind

224352-5

Rama e-white aluminium with black enamel infill cap

224354-6

224356-7

Rama MOON pvd coated brass cap

224358-8

224360-9

Renders

224362-10

224364-11

224366-12

224368-13

Thank you so much for everyone who supported the set I really appreciate your attention feedback and interest. It was a long wait but I hope that that's okay :-*
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 September 2019, 09:26:20 by briano1905 »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: [GB] GMK WoB Hiragana (LIVE)
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 16:58:41 »
Approved
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline xef

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 22:12:17 »
so nice. will the deskpads be part of this GB as well? if so I'll hold off on ordering until they're live.

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 22:15:38 »
I'll definitely be in for the Base and deskpad around the end of August

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Offline D3LTA

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 06:15:31 »
I'm not seeing the micons in any of the renders. Would it be possible to get one?

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 07:52:03 »
Current sales with extras (missing some proxies updates)

Base - 118
Micons - 68
40's - 32
Rama white - 30
Rama brass - 24

On our way to MOQ pretty quickly.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 10:00:07 »
It's a must buy, this one! Thank you for creating it! :)

Offline briano1905

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 16:42:59 »
so nice. will the deskpads be part of this GB as well? if so I'll hold off on ordering until they're live.

Yes they will, GB for deskpad will open when the sample from manufacturer arrive. ETA: 1-2 weeks

Offline mlnr

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 23:23:37 »
Sadly I don't need another WoB or hiragana set but that white Rama is irresistible. Good luck with the gb

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 04:43:23 »
🖖🏻 this is joining my collection.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 05:54:47 »

Base - 132
Micons - 77
40's - 37
Rama white - 34
Rama brass - 25

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 06:49:08 »
In for Micons.  Long time, no groupbuy for me ^^

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 16:54:43 »

Base - 132
Micons - 77
40's - 37
Rama white - 34
Rama brass - 25

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 September 2019, 16:17:11 by dvorcol »

Offline apejonk

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 17 August 2019, 15:46:24 »
Just made my order with mykeyboard.eu. Really look forward to this set  :)
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, stepped control users, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. (2 Timothy 1:5)

Offline fluidin

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 17 August 2019, 23:12:14 »
looking forward to the desk mat. seems like the perfect size for my smallish desk, really. wish there were more deskmats of the same size.

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 08:33:23 »
Hi there! Sorry I missed your comment in my Colevrak thread! Any hope of squeezing in a Colevrak buy in this? I don’t have the time or patience to run it myself.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 05:40:30 »

Base - 160
Micons - 87
40's - 48
Rama white - 40
Rama brass - 28

Offline tentboy

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 07:18:49 »
do any renders of this exist on a board  > 65%?

I am very tempted to get but it does seem like it is catered to smaller form factors and I am worried the simplicity of the alphas will clash with the rest of the legends on a tkl or other board

Offline menuhin

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 07:51:44 »

I am very tempted to get but it does seem like it is catered to smaller form factors and I am worried the simplicity of the alphas will clash with the rest of the legends on a tkl or other board

> 65% without the F row?

GMK WoB does not offer the F row caps, nor those for the the num pad.

A numpad that really matches the GMK WoB Hiragana will be similar to Signature Plastic's Otaku, but WoB and of course in GMK profile.

Perhaps it is too fancy for GMK to manufacture though.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline nyry43

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 07:57:24 »
This set looks really clean! I just wish I could trust myself to type with only Hiragana legends  :(

Offline tentboy

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 08:03:57 »

> 65% without the F row?

GMK WoB does not offer the F row caps, nor those for the the num pad.

A numpad that really matches the GMK WoB Hiragana will be similar to Signature Plastic's Otaku, but WoB and of course in GMK profile.

Show Image

Perhaps it is too fancy for GMK to manufacture though.

I already have GMK WoB so i would just be replacing the alphas and modifiers basically on my current tkl, or perhaps my cypher when that comes in.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 11:56:37 »
More

Base - 160
Micons - 87
40's - 48
Rama white - 40
Rama brass - 28

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 September 2019, 16:11:38 by dvorcol »

Offline nuclear_wizard

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 12:43:38 »
More

Base - 160
Micons - 87
40's - 48
Rama white - 40
Rama brass - 28

Show Image

Show Image

Yikes. Hope this makes it to MOQ... I'll be joining at the beginning of the month, so hopefully there are a lot of others just waiting on their September paychecks to join in too.

Offline Nvmbra

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 15:12:33 »

You can find pictures of builds with GMK Red Samurai and Laser that have already done this on r/mechanicalkeyboards.
I think it looks good.

I prefer the thinner Hiragana mono legends over the fat standard legends because they look a bit outdated for me.

Offline tentboy

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 15:33:13 »

You can find pictures of builds with GMK Red Samurai and Laser that have already done this on r/mechanicalkeyboards.
I think it looks good.

I prefer the thinner Hiragana mono legends over the fat standard legends because they look a bit outdated for me.

oof im an idiot and forgot other monolegend hiragana sets exist.  thanks!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 15:44:36 »
Yikes. Hope this makes it to MOQ... I'll be joining at the beginning of the month, so hopefully there are a lot of others just waiting on their September paychecks to join in too.

It's gonna make MOQ. I'm not sure what you found worrisome about the graphs, the numbers look great (even for the 40s).

Offline nuclear_wizard

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 16:16:02 »

It's gonna make MOQ. I'm not sure what you found worrisome about the graphs, the numbers look great (even for the 40s).

The numbers look great if the current buying trend continues, but usually GBs get most of their interest when they first open that tapers off over time, do they not? Especially with GBs that end just before the end of the month (e.g. (Mass)Drop ones). Since this one extends into September a bit, I hope there's another bump at the beginning of the next month.

I think you're right about the base and definitely Micons, even with a decrease in the sales trend these will likely make MOQ, but it's just cutting it closer than I'd like to be confident it will run (though it is a tough month competition wise). I am genuinely concerned with the 40's kit because it seems most 40% users keep up with GBs since it's not as mainstream of a layout (so lots of 40's people are more active in the community than say a TKL user). You'd think then that many of the 40% users who want in on the buy would jump on earlier with fewer of the potential 40% users interested than those with more popular layouts, so there should likely be fewer 40% kits sold as time goes on. Although there are other layouts that could use stuff from the 40's kit, so maybe people will just chuck it on to fit say a split space build. Sorry for the rant; just explaining my thinking here.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 07:15:19 »
I wouldnt worry too much about the numbers. We are only about half way through, and we typically see the most sales in the final 3 days. Also, the MOQs are low enough that we will buy out anything needed to hit. :D

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 07:30:38 »
I wouldnt worry too much about the numbers. We are only about half way through, and we typically see the most sales in the final 3 days. Also, the MOQs are low enough that we will buy out anything needed to hit. :D
Good guy novelkeys

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 10:23:19 »

Base - 193
Micons - 98
40's - 64
Rama white - 64
Rama brass - 36

At this point, we will have all kits produced. :)

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 14:49:36 »

Base - 193
Micons - 98
40's - 64
Rama white - 64
Rama brass - 36

At this point, we will have all kits produced. :)

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 September 2019, 16:01:38 by dvorcol »

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 16:28:58 »
In for Micons in a few days!

Offline psxndc

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 16:51:05 »
Placed my order for the base set + 40s + white RAMA on Friday. Now just waiting for the deskmat GB to launch. Really excited that it's on the smaller side. I have the pulse one and don't use it because it's so big.
Ortho. Always.

Offline Tranq

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 19:24:03 »
Gonna cop when desk mat goes up, anyone know when that might happen?

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 23:26:26 »
I'm not seeing the micons in any of the renders. Would it be possible to get one?

I too am interested in seeing a render w/ the Micons.  I'm in for VoC Alphas or Micons; either way, NK_ is getting my $  :)

Offline Xerra

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 02:06:42 »
Love the deskmat! The smaller size might fit the office desk better. I do have a teeny gripe though, can the moon or mountain be shifted slightttly as to not make it look like it's a giant pacman munching the mountain from the sky?  ;D

Offline D3LTA

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 06:43:22 »

I too am interested in seeing a render w/ the Micons.  I'm in for VoC Alphas or Micons; either way, NK_ is getting my $  :)

I asked multiple times about the render. Kinda disappointing to not even hear a "sorry, not going to be able to do it." Regardless, I think that the look should be similar to GMK Laser Hiragana + Micons. Here's a picture https://i.redd.it/vbfk6twjoga11.jpg I found on r/mk.

Offline 2QT2BSTR8

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 06:53:09 »

I asked multiple times about the render. Kinda disappointing to not even hear a "sorry, not going to be able to do it." Regardless, I think that the look should be similar to GMK Laser Hiragana + Micons. Here's a picture https://i.redd.it/vbfk6twjoga11.jpg I found on r/mk.
So rude! He won't purchase a render just for you!

Offline D3LTA

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 07:24:27 »

Ha. How much do renders go for? Doesn't seem like an unreasonable request to want to see how the micons look before spending 68 bucks on them tho

Offline briano1905

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 01:10:32 »

Ha. How much do renders go for? Doesn't seem like an unreasonable request to want to see how the micons look before spending 68 bucks on them tho

To clear my part I am trying to get us all a render or two of the set with micons and have talk to the person doing the render. unfortunately we don't have access to the micons icon files to get it done. But you do have a point I should have been more clear about it, and for that I'm sorry

Hope this helps:

225282-0

and if anyone knows someone who can do renders with micons. please let me know I'd love to get some :)

edit: made legends lighter
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 August 2019, 01:15:26 by briano1905 »

Offline D3LTA

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 07:17:16 »
To clear my part I am trying to get us all a render or two of the set with micons and have talk to the person doing the render. unfortunately we don't have access to the micons icon files to get it done. But you do have a point I should have been more clear about it, and for that I'm sorry

Hope this helps:

(Attachment Link)

and if anyone knows someone who can do renders with micons. please let me know I'd love to get some :)

edit: made legends lighter
Thanks briano, appreciate the reply. :thumb:

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 07:50:19 »
Just hopped on for a couple sets! Looking forward to mixing the alphas and micons in with other sets.

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 08:07:03 »
When will the  mats go live?

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 09:30:35 »
Thank you; that works for me.  Re-placing my order so I may include the Micons.

Thanks for digging up that pic D3LTA. :thumb:

Offline rondg

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 17:15:37 »
Will there be extras? Will not be able join at this time  :(

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 05:55:59 »

MiTo hooked us up with 3 renders!

As soon as we get the samples in! They should be here very soon.

Yes, I will definitely have extras for sale after the GB ships out!

Updated numbers

Base - 207
Micons - 108
40's - 71
Rama white - 78
Rama brass - 40

Offline D3LTA

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 07:30:03 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow these look great. I think that the micons really pair well with the hiragana legends. Thanks for following up on the request.

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #47 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 09:33:34 »

That looks great.  Glad I went ahead with the Micons!  Thanks for providing the renders

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 11:15:27 »

More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

As soon as we get the samples in! They should be here very soon.

Updated numbers

Base - 207
Micons - 108
40's - 71
Rama white - 78
Rama brass - 40

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 September 2019, 15:52:41 by dvorcol »

Offline rondg

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 20:55:27 »

Will there be extras for micons as well?