Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4180033 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #26100 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 12:48:28 »
Had to stay home from work, not feeling well at all.

Perfect time to shop for that VA curved monitor
:))
It'll be a while yet before I am able to get it.
I haven't done a lot of reading yet on the different kinds of panel, but I am assuming VA is better than IPS?

Depends on if you're hardcore into fotoshop.

IPS is more color stable at wide viewing angles. This is convenient for fotoshop so you don't need to move ur head to make sure the color isn't shifted.

VA is significantly more BLACK,  which creates a much deeper contrast, making the image more real/ vivid.

if you get Curved VA, drift is less of a problem because of the curve.. 

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #26101 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 12:53:15 »
Had to stay home from work, not feeling well at all.

Perfect time to shop for that VA curved monitor
:))
It'll be a while yet before I am able to get it.
I haven't done a lot of reading yet on the different kinds of panel, but I am assuming VA is better than IPS?

Depends on if you're hardcore into fotoshop.

IPS is more color stable at wide viewing angles. This is convenient for fotoshop so you don't need to move ur head to make sure the color isn't shifted.

VA is significantly more BLACK,  which creates a much deeper contrast, making the image more real/ vivid.

if you get Curved VA, drift is less of a problem because of the curve.. 

Yeah I don't do any photoshop.
But watching Netflix is definitely a possibility, mainly it's gaming performance I am interested in though.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26102 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 13:01:13 »

Yeah I don't do any photoshop.
But watching Netflix is definitely a possibility, mainly it's gaming performance I am interested in though.

The most hardcore gaming monitor is the LG 240hz Tn panels.

Overall, they look pretty good, and the 240hz has motion blur reduction behind it, so it has the best Motion clarity on the market , second only to CRT.

The only drawback is, TN will not look as vivid as VA-panel, because it's not as black, it has about the same contrast as IPS, neither of which gets BLACK..

But the Response rate of the LG 240hz and the backlight motion blur reduction gives a definitive advantage for gaming.

LG 27GK750F-B

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #26103 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 19:45:44 »
Woke up twice with a cramp in my right leg.

Early afternoon now, and it still feels sore and like it's going to cramp again.

-probably- Electrolyte imbalance.

Drink water,   don't drink coffee.. STOP taking supplements.

Eat FRUITS.

I have coffee and water in equal parts, sometimes more plain water than coffee.  No supplements.  What's FRUITS?

Woke up twice with a cramp in my right leg.

Early afternoon now, and it still feels sore and like it's going to cramp again.

More sodium, less half marathons.

Probably do need more salt, yes.  Don't marathon, although I do walk a lot.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Aran.E99

« Reply #26104 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 17:55:40 »
For a while now I've been getting into producing my own music and enjoy expending my audio equipment collection. Spotted a lovely 80's semi-professional mixing console on Facebook marketplace for £75 or something and couldn't believe my eyes. I end up 'buying' it (didn't pay of course) and we agree on a collection date.

He messages me today saying "sorry I sold it to someone who offered more" and tried to justify this by saying "well he messaged me just now... at least you didn't drive here" - how thoughtful of him. All that for a lousy extra £10. As much as I hope he is bluffing, I don't think I would want to drive an hour to meet this guy.

I'm bothered by the fact that there are people who only care about getting more money than 'first come first served'... Can't win 'em all I guess. :))
SMK 2nd Gen Blue Alps mount <3

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26105 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 00:10:14 »
1:06 AM. Got an interview for a retail job in the morning. Software testing company hasn't called back. Golly.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #26106 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 05:01:31 »
1:06 AM. Got an interview for a retail job in the morning. Software testing company hasn't called back. Golly.

I tried retail kinda only for a short period. Got offered a 2ic job but the minute a pattern emerged of working over time for nothing i left. I now work for a group that pays double time for any time worked over 38 hours a week.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #26107 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 05:44:11 »

I tried retail kinda only for a short period. Got offered a 2ic job but the minute a pattern emerged of working over time for nothing i left. I now work for a group that pays double time for any time worked over 38 hours a week.
I was lucky enough I guess you could say to try and be an intern in retail. Did not like.
I hope they call back from the other place man.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26108 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 07:30:37 »

I was lucky enough I guess you could say to try and be an intern in retail. Did not like.
I hope they call back from the other place man.

It would be cool to see what is up with that software testing gig :)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #26109 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 19:20:10 »
I ****ing hate Ottawa drivers, ****ing ****s

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #26111 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 19:31:22 »

They're 2fast2furious. !!

Nah, just bad drivers man. Why can’t we have harder drivers license testing? Or mandatory five year re-testing?

Let’s hear some inane TP rant, I need to relax a bit.

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26112 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 19:41:00 »

Nah, just bad drivers man. Why can’t we have harder drivers license testing? Or mandatory five year re-testing?

We get snowbirds and the college kids all crammed in here at once and it's really horrible.

Not sure how much of a problem it is elsewhere but the amount of people that don't pull over for emergency vehicles is outrageous.

The biggest thing here is probably red light running. I was hit, more like a tap, but someone ran a red light, but it wasn't like, at red, they were probably the 8th or 9th car after my light turned green. They were really late though because the gap from the last car to them running the light was enough to convince me it was now clear to go and they got me on the far side of the intersection.

I think bad driving is everywhere because people get in their car and do everything but drive. Even though they are in control of a ~4,000lb death box they treat it like they are on a seat on public transportation.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26113 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 20:05:46 »

We get snowbirds and the college kids all crammed in here at once and it's really horrible.

Not sure how much of a problem it is elsewhere but the amount of people that don't pull over for emergency vehicles is outrageous.

The biggest thing here is probably red light running. I was hit, more like a tap, but someone ran a red light, but it wasn't like, at red, they were probably the 8th or 9th car after my light turned green. They were really late though because the gap from the last car to them running the light was enough to convince me it was now clear to go and they got me on the far side of the intersection.

I think bad driving is everywhere because people get in their car and do everything but drive. Even though they are in control of a ~4,000lb death box they treat it like they are on a seat on public transportation.

Can confirm. This morning I literally had to turn the wheel to avoid rear ending someone as they slammed their brakes to make a sharp left turn.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #26114 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 20:38:02 »
Statistics Homework is kicking my assssssssss...

I am not good with things like this. I will pass, but just not comprehending.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26115 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 21:14:26 »
Statistics Homework is kicking my assssssssss...

I am not good with things like this. I will pass, but just not comprehending.

this reminds me of the weird required textbook I had when I took a stat class where it was written as some creepy psudopedo manga about a statistics teacher tutoring one of his students and her falling in love with him or something, but there were statistics lessons and problems throughout the book. some odd ****, that.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #26116 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 03:39:18 »
I have no career. I have no effing chance of getting back into software development.
I will have to get a low-paying job in retail, or warehouse or whatever.

Offline Starius

« Reply #26117 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 10:07:20 »
I have no career. I have no effing chance of getting back into software development.
I will have to get a low-paying job in retail, or warehouse or whatever.

In 2004 I was a graduate student in the journalism field.  Today I sell contractor grade tools.  Lot of stuff happened in between, good and bad.
Lives are rather fluid, like water.  Thinking of life's opportunities in rigid terms will likely end in frustration.  It would rather ebb and flow, and sometimes those streams go to places you don't expect.  It's only natural to keep searching for solid ground along the way, but the thing is - you're always moving forward. Sometimes moving in paces faster than you'd like, sometimes at a slow crawl.  Just keep an open mind and an eye out for opportunities - especially ones you've not considered before - and you'll find your way.   

Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

Offline iri

« Reply #26118 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 16:20:51 »

Cannot confirm.

The drivers who are that bad are so few and far between I haven't seen one here.

Also, almost nobody drives a "~4,000lb death box".

Also, when it snows, the country just stops.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #26119 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 16:21:25 »

Cannot confirm.

The drivers who are that bad are so few and far between I haven't seen one here.

Which country you in again?

Offline iri

« Reply #26120 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 16:25:03 »
I'm in the UK.

Russia has plenty of snow and ****ty drivers on giant SUV's  :p
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #26121 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 16:32:39 »
I'm in the UK.

Russia sounds like Canada. Canada sucks.

I’d like to visit the Uk

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26122 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 16:55:47 »
I'm in the UK.

Russia sounds like Canada. Canada sucks.

I’d like to visit the Uk

Canada doesn't suck ;_;

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #26124 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 17:23:27 »

Canada doesn't suck ;_;

Canada females = skinny + attractive ?

There’s everything, nothing special.

Also, Canada sucks butts. Suck my poutine flavoured fins

Offline pip_johnson

« Reply #26125 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 17:28:40 »
I just missed out on a clack happens by a second because I didn't know you could disable the post double-check warning... at least that won't happen again
discord: pip_johnson#6535

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26126 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 17:40:21 »

Canada doesn't suck ;_;

pffft, even the raccoons are nice in Canana. I skated past one and it didn't even look up from its sidewalk trash meal. Meanwhile in FL they hiss and growl if I'm within eyesight. lol btw

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #26127 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 17:44:05 »

Canada doesn't suck ;_;

pffft, even the raccoons are nice in Canana. I skated past one and it didn't even look up from its sidewalk trash meal. Meanwhile in FL they hiss and growl if I'm within eyesight. lol btw

Hahahah alright, I concede to FL raccoons

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #26128 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 17:45:46 »
I have been to Canada about 4-5 times and found it to be wonderful.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #26129 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 19:34:00 »
I have been to Canada about 4-5 times and found it to be wonderful.

I’ve found more enjoyable company in other countries than my own. I suppose that’s travel compared to living though.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #26130 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 23:04:03 »
I'm in the UK.

Yeah. When I have seen pictures of "excessive snowfall" in the UK, I just laugh.

Maybe because the roads in the UK tend to be comparatively narrow, often without any hard shoulders. You can't plow a road if there is no space on the side of the road for the snow to pile up on.

Country roads in England have curbs right (left) on the side of the lane. Country roads in Sweden tend to have be bordered with at least a small shoulder and then a ditch.

I would say that the same applies to Swedish females, BTW, but I think Europe is getting fatter overall, and that women were skinnier when I was younger.
But at least, it appears to me that a significant proportion of the most attractive women in Hollywood are Canadian.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26131 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 01:15:06 »

I would say that the same applies to Swedish females, BTW, but I think Europe is getting fatter overall, and that women were skinnier when I was younger.
But at least, it appears to me that a significant proportion of the most attractive women in Hollywood are Canadian.

Also, -Straya-

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26132 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 02:23:02 »
Walking down the streets of Stockholm is like being in an Abercrombie catalog. That goddamn Aryan viking DNA.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26133 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 02:53:04 »
Walking down the streets of Stockholm is like being in an Abercrombie catalog. That goddamn Aryan viking DNA.

They're just not phat..   if murica ate less burgers,  it'd be much the same.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26134 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 03:16:42 »

It's much more than being fit in Sweden, that **** is in their genes. There's plenty of ugly skinny people in America, have you ever been through Kentucky or Missouri and seen the Water People?

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #26135 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 03:29:33 »

It's much more than being fit in Sweden, that **** is in their genes. There's plenty of ugly skinny people in America, have you ever been through Kentucky or Missouri and seen the Water People?
It's all about weight with you TP. :))
But we're getting bigger in europe as well.

Offline iri

« Reply #26136 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 05:50:38 »
Try walking down the streets of Malmö  :p

-Ray Bradbury

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26137 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 10:28:39 »

Aryan.. yet another symbol or word stolen by a group of horribly entitled white people.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26138 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 12:31:11 »

Aryan.. yet another symbol or word stolen by a group of horribly entitled white people.

Hispanics outlive whites, despite being economically disadvantaged and less educated..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26139 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 17:35:04 »

Meaning literally the Nordic Indo-European race of white invaders with Nordic features.

Damn Nazi's are always appropriating white culture! /s

Hispanics outlive whites, despite being economically disadvantaged and less educated..

must be easy to keep the rain off your shoulders when using such a broad umbrella

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26140 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 18:13:11 »

Meaning literally the Nordic Indo-European race of white invaders with Nordic features.

Damn Nazi's are always appropriating white culture! /s

must be easy to keep the rain off your shoulders when using such a broad umbrella

I was inspired to make a sudo burrito today. I'm suddenly reminded of that choice moment when arcade machine X in the small town 'supermarket' switches over to free mode for X minutes.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26141 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 19:20:36 »

I was inspired to make a sudo burrito today. I'm suddenly reminded of that choice moment when arcade machine X in the small town 'supermarket' switches over to free mode for X minutes.

Hispanics make up 15% of the US Population and yet they consume 35% of total USA Beans.

Clearly,   Beans = Immortality..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26142 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 20:01:19 »
Eggs always make my steel pans stink like nasty egg even after washing them with super hot water and soap 3 times over and over. Why are eggs they only food that makes my metal pans stink forever?

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #26143 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 20:07:52 »
Eggs always make my steel pans stink like nasty egg even after washing them with super hot water and soap 3 times over and over. Why are eggs they only food that makes my metal pans stink forever?

Are you using a non-stick?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26144 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 20:12:22 »

Nah I hate ns pans because the coating always comes off and that **** causes cancer in lab rats so I figure I'm probably better off not eating that in my meals. Just steel pans with plenty of butter. Should probably get an enameled cast-iron pan for eggs specifically though.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #26145 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 20:12:45 »

don't you mean.... non-stink....

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #26146 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 20:41:41 »

Nah I hate ns pans because the coating always comes off and that **** causes cancer in lab rats so I figure I'm probably better off not eating that in my meals. Just steel pans with plenty of butter. Should probably get an enameled cast-iron pan for eggs specifically though.

I ****ing love enamel cast iron pots and pans, cooks like a boss and cleans so easy.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26147 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 20:48:41 »

I ****ing love enamel cast iron pots and pans, cooks like a boss and cleans so easy.

just broke down and ordered one, it'll pay for itself!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #26148 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 20:59:27 »

**** yeaaaaa!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26149 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 21:10:00 »

**** yeaaaaa!

I thought it said $19.99 but it actually said $199.99 :))

not happening