Author Topic: What is the street value of Click Clack caps?  (Read 2643 times)

Offline pagonda

What is the street value of Click Clack caps?
« on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 09:47:23 »
I'm looking to aquire a skull cap. So how much would it cost for someone to part with some of the keys such as the all black ones or the multicolored ones?
thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 11:13:05 »
bull**** ripster. he didn't ask why they were so expensive, just asked how much they are worth. drop it back down.

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 11:50:04 »
They vary in price depending upon color and series

Factory seconds are probably the most economical

Triple shot multicolored ones tend to be close to a $100, but the candy corn ones are a little cheaper sometimes

The special run weird colors tend to go for a pretty good amount of money depending on color I have seen them go for between $60-$100

Vaders also change in price rapidly and the last one on the market went for $150

These are guestimates
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 12:51:29 »
I don't pay a lot of attention, but my CC grey skull went for $30+ counter strike pbt set and geekhack backspace a week or so ago. My candy corn is now up to $40 or trade offers for SP grab bags.

ripsters prices are that high because I don't think any actual interest in selling them, and has some 'one of a kind' type ones.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 January 2012, 12:54:25 by lysol »

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 13:42:31 »
Quote from: lysol;503306
I don't pay a lot of attention, but my CC grey skull went for $30+ counter strike pbt set and geekhack backspace a week or so ago. My candy corn is now up to $40 or trade offers for SP grab bags.

ripsters prices are that high because I don't think any actual interest in selling them, and has some 'one of a kind' type ones.

I will trade you a giant bag of white double shots for that candy corn ;) although I will warn you there are no full sets in there and a lot of weird single space keys
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline pagonda

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 13:55:05 »
Thanks for your insight guys.
Ripster, would the price lower now that I've changed my sig? or would i have to add some legos :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline fantus

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 22:43:39 »
I remember back in october, a few weeks after I got my first filco I went to the Elitekeyboards website everyday, as usual. On the website was all of the click clack keys for sale, mere minutes after it was posted on the website. At the time I was shocked at how expensive these keycaps were, 'SERIOUSLY $22 (or whatever the jackolantern was), these people are insane'. Now that I am seriously considering buying a Topre keyboard I feel such a fool. X.X

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 23:17:03 »
Quote from: fantus;504939
I remember back in october, a few weeks after I got my first filco I went to the Elitekeyboards website everyday, as usual. On the website was all of the click clack keys for sale, mere minutes after it was posted on the website. At the time I was shocked at how expensive these keycaps were, 'SERIOUSLY $22 (or whatever the jackolantern was), these people are insane'. Now that I am seriously considering buying a Topre keyboard I feel such a fool. X.X

Welcome to geekhack!

Yeah, a similar thing happened to me, I thought: $100 for a keyboard? I'll just keep this model M I got for free. Now I have more keyboards than limbs (just on one desk) and a whole stack in the closet.