Author Topic: [IC] KAT Comet | GB Live  (Read 75990 times)

Offline baobaozi

Re: [IC] KAT Comet | GB Oct 2020 | Last updated: 7/1
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 18:08:30 »
Looks great with Alt alphas, I like the all dark navy with the pop of a light blue enter. Like Atlantis but less green. And I found Mizu too much light blue, so this looks perfect for me!

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 20:06:05 »
Don't know the anime and don't really care but I esp. dig the alt alphas. Please consider adding a Colevrak kit to the alt alphas.  Please and thank you!

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 11:22:57 »
Comet ping pong?

Offline singabore

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 01:58:21 »
this is a slapper set. i was gonna swear off KAT cause the QC is ****, but i'm a ****in weeb. lets go bois

Offline stealthzero

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 20:04:58 »
Im in :)

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 17:25:32 »
not sure if this was mentioned, but the light alpha/dark mod look in the banner is literally mizu in a different profile....

Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga

Offline lnp627

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 11:59:41 »
Please consider another revision to differentiate yours from KAT Mizu. Both look great but again "Isn't that KAT Mizu?" is my first thought when I saw the design...

Offline baysic

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 12:20:43 »
Please consider another revision to differentiate yours from KAT Mizu. Both look great but again "Isn't that KAT Mizu?" is my first thought when I saw the design...

This set IC before KAT Mizu, same color space tho.

If you can call KAT Mizu an IC.

Offline akibaki

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 02:39:40 »
This set is what made me finally register on this site. I am so in!! Also, people keep mentioning the Mizu set, but I had no inspiration to buy the Mizu set. This however, has me immediately pulling out my wallet. Thanks for your commitment in making this.

Have you considered having a full set sent to Suisei's gift inbox at the Hololive building for her birthday? Considering typical timelines for sets to be made, you'd make it in time for her birthday in March 2021!! They usually open up their gift inbox for a small duration before their birthday!

Offline olsen34

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 02:43:48 »
This set is what made me finally register on this site. I am so in!! Also, people keep mentioning the Mizu set, but I had no inspiration to buy the Mizu set.

Well yeah since the v tuber is what draws you in not the colorway. Not sure what point you are trying to make here.

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 14:14:39 »

did you forget that GMK mizu exists? or that the SA mizu GB concluded just a short while ago? should i interpret your comment to mean that you can rip off a set, run it on different profile and/or a different factory and call it an original idea? should we expect a KAT mac n cheese that looks exactly like GMK peaches n cream coming from you?

i don't want to seem hostile, i'm just trying to figure out the thought process here.

« Last Edit: Mon, 24 August 2020, 14:25:07 by solomonshv »
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga

Offline baysic

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 14:31:00 »

did you forget that GMK mizu exists? or that the SA mizu GB concluded just a short while ago? should i interpret your comment to mean that you can rip off a set, run it on different profile and/or a different factory and call it an original idea? should we expect a KAT mac n cheese that looks exactly like GMK peaches n cream coming from you?

i don't want to seem hostile, i'm just trying to figure out the thought process here.

I just don't this its fair that if anyone once came up with a color scheme then owns that color scheme forever. I do also agree that this set color scheme is way too close to the mizu and the IC/GB are organised too closed together.

I'll leave the botallu to defend himself on the ripping off alligation. Not gonna defend anyone. I would also say that moonlight kit came too close to the dark scheme of the set too. May be they both inspired by each other's work and designed a set or 2.

Whom am I to judge.

Offline harlekein

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 03:30:27 »

We are now at a point that whatever color scheme you come up with. It's going to look like another color scheme.

KAT Mizu was rushed out as soon as this IC was posted. They haven't even finished running SA.

Offline AnAsianPanda

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 10:58:49 »

Show Image

Oh wow, this a direct rip-off of Mizu designs. Light blue alphas and dark blue mods keycaps are the most original idea ever and belongs to the Mizu creators! This is a blatant ripoff!!! /s
This bonehead *facepalm*

Offline senryo

• Problems are challenges.
    • Thic Thock
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 11:41:04 »

Show Image

TIL set runners own a color scheme  :eek:
By that logic, since Ren has color matching issues with both Mizu and PnC sets (which he admits on PnC), which color scheme does he permanently own? The render one or the end product sets? Or he secures 4 color schemes all at once?

And also by that logic, does it mean that as long as I shoot out "unique" color scheme ideas on GH and decide not to run it forever, I own the colorways and that no one should ever use the same idea?

...that you can rip off a set, run it on different profile and/or a different factory and call it an original idea?

How does Suisei inspired character theme an exact match to the water theme suggested from Mizu? If they are not the same, can we say at the very least its an attempt of an original idea on a similar color scheme instead of "ripping off a set"?
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 August 2020, 11:43:01 by senryo »

Offline Hanabi

• Falling into a black hole.
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 07:05:12 »
Looks great! Actually really love this over mizu. Tho I gotta say, I do feel there's a little too many keys in the mod kit...

Offline DB3229

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 09:11:54 »
I like this better than the KAT Mizu.  When will this be available in the US and what website can it be purchased from?

Offline akibaki

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 07 September 2020, 20:17:01 »
I like this better than the KAT Mizu.  When will this be available in the US and what website can it be purchased from?
Early November, or November 1st is expected GB date

Offline jeyhcn

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 22:16:27 »
Any news on the deskmats?

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 19:50:57 »
october 2020 looking kinda close

Offline kmao

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 04:14:50 »
is it too late to ask for icon mods for 40% instead of just text  :-[

Offline Clyde1

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 22:31:00 »
The icon mod is the same as mizu's mod lol

Offline K-Capist

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 23:06:14 »
This is my colorway.

Offline eeveeatemyessay

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 16:23:53 »
Blah, blah, Mizu. I like these colours better. They are cooler and cleaner, and even if most people will not see it like that, there is a clear difference. I planned on buying Mizu but stepped back from it because of the slightly warmer tone of the blues which I don't care for. This is much better, and I am SO happy it comes with a NorDe kit, because no ISO, no deal.

Offline Nutty

• Twitch
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 16:33:21 »
GB in Oct and haven't heard any updates in a while. I'm hopping everything is still going well with this set  :)

Offline Forkman

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 15:20:24 »
Looks great! But can't seem to find price for full kit/Alpha. Anyone know's ?

Offline lunr

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 18:45:54 »
it's probably dead

Offline engyshow

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 04:35:40 »
Hoping this set is still going to run ; A ;
I need my idol keycaps :')

Offline Chuttau

• Formerly botallu
Re: [IC] KAT Comet | GB November 1st, 2020
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 17:27:54 »
my dumbass clicked quote insetad of modify
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 October 2020, 17:30:43 by botallu »

Offline Chuttau

• Formerly botallu
Re: [IC] KAT Comet | GB 1st November, 2020
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 17:56:40 »
Few questions and their answers:

Deskmat where?
-Cancelled, still have a statement regarding that on discord server if anyone is interested

Yo where u been for the last 3 and a half months dud?
-Family reasons, corona, college...etc all you can think of
also i wanted to make 1 big update with all the info you need instead of updating bit by bit

why change the colour?
-Explained in #0 at the colours section

is dis mizu
-no

Offline harlekein

Re: [IC] KAT Comet | GB 1st November, 2020 | UPDATED 14th OCT
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 14 October 2020, 03:40:21 »
Please consider the following:

- Separate 40s and ortho mod kit
- Icon mods for ortho (and 40s?) (instead of text)

Offline kmao

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 14 October 2020, 04:53:25 »
Why not Dailyclack for the OCE Vendor? No offence to esckeyboard, but I think most OCE people would have preferred DC, the more reputable and better vendor.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 20:08:16 »
Will there be two Colevrak kits, or just one in Alt Alpha color?

Offline Chuttau

• Formerly botallu
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 01:25:32 »
Why not Dailyclack for the OCE Vendor? No offence to esckeyboard, but I think most OCE people would have preferred DC, the more reputable and better vendor.
I hit up dailyclack while I'm exploring vendors and they said they will pass on this, so we will have esckeyboard for this set, sorry if this dissapoints OCE lads :(

Please consider the following:

- Separate 40s and ortho mod kit
- Icon mods for ortho (and 40s?) (instead of text)
We would probably stick with text mods for comet because:
interest for Text mods is higher than icon and I am afraid we cannot provide both icon and text mods
for spliting 40s and ortho, again, interest for both mods combined are low and I expect the final sales number of all kits will be low if not just "niche" kits
i personally prefer combine 40s and ortho but I will talk to vendors about it and see if we can afford doing perhaps 2-3 kits more

will just be 1 kit with alt alpha colour due to the lower interest on the light alphas

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 13:45:30 »
will just be 1 kit with alt alpha colour due to the lower interest on the light alphas

If Alt Alpha is preferred, why are French and North kits Light Alpha colour?

Offline Chuttau

• Formerly botallu
Re: [IC] KAT Comet | GB Live
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 13:52:28 »
GB LIVE, moving to GB thread