Author Topic: [IC] GMK Fundamentals | GB Thread is up!  (Read 57507 times)

Offline haystack

Re: [IC] GMK Fundamentals | Deskmat Update!
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 19:49:08 »
Maybe missed a chance to call it GMK Bronywell & Co, but the colors are lovely.

Offline Poesjuh

[IC] GMK Fundamentals | Deskmat Update!
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 13:42:04 »
Just a thought. I wouldn’t mind seeing all accent keys in a separate kit, so I can get them to pair with other sets :P

So this is me just thinking about me since I’ll most likely won’t join but am interested in the accents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tyson

Re: [IC] GMK Fundamentals | Final Kit Update!
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 02 September 2020, 16:56:38 »
Kit's have been adjusted! Everything should now be ready to go for GB! Still working on getting everything ready and will update everyone with GB date along with other news!

Kit Design
Base Kit
Support standard layouts, UK ISO Support, Full Size, TKLs, 75s, 65s, WKL boards, minimal 40s support and more!

Spacebar Kit
Split bars, 6u bars, 3u bars

« Last Edit: Wed, 02 September 2020, 23:46:36 by Tyson »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 02 September 2020, 20:11:39 »
Some remarks and thoughts on the new kits:

Base Kit
Support standard layouts, UK ISO Support, Full Size, TKLs, 75s, 65s, WKL boards, minimal 40s support and more!

Show Image

• Looks like there is a duplicate R1 End key. One of them can be removed :)

• The 1u numpad 0 key should be alpha-colored instead of mod-colored.

• The kit is missing a R4 1.25u Fn key, which is used on a lot of layouts going from staggered 40% all the way up to full-size. I would suggest replacing the Menu key with Fn, as most sets do. Menu has limited uses, primarily for “standard”/non-programmable TKL and full-size layouts with 6.25u bottom rows. But in these cases, Fn is a viable replacement, whereas Menu isn't really a viable replacement for Fn in other cases. Fn is also more popular overall, so it would be the preferred legend choice here.

• There is a small discrepancy with the legends of the lock keys — Scroll uses a single-line legend, whereas the other two do it the OG way with two lines. However, since a lot of the legends in this set aren't OG-Cherry–style, I would recommend changing Num↲Lock to Num and stepped Caps↲Lock to Caps for a cleaner, more consistent look.

• On the topic of 40s support: adding a R3 1.25u Tab to the base kit does not give you minimal 40s support. Not really, anyway. Physical coverage is one thing, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a 40s user that would be looking forward to covering their board with End or PgDn for Esc, Control or Caps Lock for Enter, and Shifts for spaces. As mentioned previously, 40% users are much more interested in getting proper compatibility than any compatibility, especially if they are already paying for a premium product. This is why the most of them end up getting the 40s kit anyway.
With that in mind, I think the R3 1.25u Tab on its own does not go very far in the way of giving 40s support to those that need it. And to others, it's a dead key. If you'd like to offer a more useful minimal 40s compat in base, consider the following (in addition to the Tab):
  • Change R2 PgUp to Out — this lets the R2 PgUp key double as a 1u Esc key for 40s and orthos.
  • Change R3 PgDn to Read or Data — this lets the R3 PgDn key double as a 1u Esc, Tab, Enter, Ctrl, ... key for orthos.
  • Add a generic R4 1u key, e.g. Code — this could work as 1u Enter or Shift for orthos (and even some oddball 60% layouts).
  • Add R3 1.75u Enter — the most popular Enter size on staggered 40% boards.
This is the bare minimum for what most would consider usable 40% compatibility. But even then, a few important keys would still be missing, e.g. Lower/Raise, and you'd have to resort to using End/PgDn or Super for those. So in summary, I suggest just moving the R3 1.25u Tab into the Additional kit to make it easier for everyone.

Additional Kit
F13, more 40s Support, alternate Tsangan support.

Show Image

• Two boards use R3 1.5u Enter: Pearl and Minivan (and its derivatives). In addition to this key, Pearl also requires a R3 1.5u Tab/Fn, and Minivan requires R2 1.75u Backspace (included) and R4 1.75u Lock. So, as it stands, the support for these boards is incomplete, and consequently, including just R3 1.5u Enter and R2 1.75u Backspace on their own doesn't do much good. You have two options here:
  • add the missing keys (R3 1.5u Fn, R4 1.75u Lock) and have full support for these boards and their derivatives; or
  • remove R3 1.5u Enter and R2 1.75u Backspace as they are otherwise not useful.
I'd like to add that R4 1.75u Lock can also be used to cover: JD40/JD45/Prime_L, as a second 1.75u spacekey (more on that below); Dimple, as a second 1.75u Shift; and Filco Minila, when combined with a 3u space from the spacebar kit. This, together with the popularity of the two aforementioned boards in the 40% space, makes option 1 the better choice imo.

• I think this kit needs more in the way of ortho support. At least a R3 Enter, R3 Esc and R2 Tab (all 1u).
The thing is that the Planck/Preonic coverage is inconsistent at the moment: the kit has a R4 Enter, which is used on the default OLKB layout, but it doesn't have R2 Tab, R3 Esc which are also part of that layout. On the other hand, a lot of people prefer to use the more familiar R2 Esc and R3 Tab, but then R3 Enter is missing. It'd be nice to have all of these options.
Ideally there would also be a second R4 1u Ctrl and second R4 1u Shift. A generic key like Code could come in handy for these.

• The 1.5u Shift seems a bit of an odd inclusion for such a small kit. This would be useful only for Evolv (which isn't out yet) and UT47.2.

Spacebar Kit

Show Image

• If you aren't going to include the R4 1.75u Lock key in Additional, then the 1.75u space can be removed from here as it's pretty much useless — the only keyboard that uses a single 1.75u space is Vortex Core. No keyboards larger than 40% use this spacebar size.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 September 2020, 20:22:33 by konstantin »

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 02 September 2020, 23:16:09 »
youd prolly get better numbers combining extension and bars. r2 tab, r3 escape for ortho with r4 enter is the regular offering (imo) if youre going to keep it really simple

Offline Tyson

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 02 September 2020, 23:46:09 »
Some remarks and thoughts on the new kits:

Base Kit

Show Image

• Looks like there is a duplicate R1 End key. One of them can be removed :)

• The 1u numpad 0 key should be alpha-colored instead of mod-colored.

• The kit is missing a R4 1.25u Fn key, which is used on a lot of layouts going from staggered 40% all the way up to full-size. I would suggest replacing the Menu key with Fn, as most sets do. Menu has limited uses, primarily for “standard”/non-programmable TKL and full-size layouts with 6.25u bottom rows. But in these cases, Fn is a viable replacement, whereas Menu isn't really a viable replacement for Fn in other cases. Fn is also more popular overall, so it would be the preferred legend choice here.

• There is a small discrepancy with the legends of the lock keys — Scroll uses a single-line legend, whereas the other two do it the OG way with two lines. However, since a lot of the legends in this set aren't OG-Cherry–style, I would recommend changing Num↲Lock to Num and stepped Caps↲Lock to Caps for a cleaner, more consistent look.

• On the topic of 40s support: adding a R3 1.25u Tab to the base kit does not give you minimal 40s support. Not really, anyway. Physical coverage is one thing, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a 40s user that would be looking forward to covering their board with End or PgDn for Esc, Control or Caps Lock for Enter, and Shifts for spaces. As mentioned previously, 40% users are much more interested in getting proper compatibility than any compatibility, especially if they are already paying for a premium product. This is why the most of them end up getting the 40s kit anyway.
With that in mind, I think the R3 1.25u Tab on its own does not go very far in the way of giving 40s support to those that need it. And to others, it's a dead key. If you'd like to offer a more useful minimal 40s compat in base, consider the following (in addition to the Tab):
  • Change R2 PgUp to Out — this lets the R2 PgUp key double as a 1u Esc key for 40s and orthos.
  • Change R3 PgDn to Read or Data — this lets the R3 PgDn key double as a 1u Esc, Tab, Enter, Ctrl, ... key for orthos.
  • Add a generic R4 1u key, e.g. Code — this could work as 1u Enter or Shift for orthos (and even some oddball 60% layouts).
  • Add R3 1.75u Enter — the most popular Enter size on staggered 40% boards.
This is the bare minimum for what most would consider usable 40% compatibility. But even then, a few important keys would still be missing, e.g. Lower/Raise, and you'd have to resort to using End/PgDn or Super for those. So in summary, I suggest just moving the R3 1.25u Tab into the Additional kit to make it easier for everyone.

Additional Kit
F13, more 40s Support, alternate Tsangan support.

Show Image

• Two boards use R3 1.5u Enter: Pearl and Minivan (and its derivatives). In addition to this key, Pearl also requires a R3 1.5u Tab/Fn, and Minivan requires R2 1.75u Backspace (included) and R4 1.75u Lock. So, as it stands, the support for these boards is incomplete, and consequently, including just R3 1.5u Enter and R2 1.75u Backspace on their own doesn't do much good. You have two options here:
  • add the missing keys (R3 1.5u Fn, R4 1.75u Lock) and have full support for these boards and their derivatives; or
  • remove R3 1.5u Enter and R2 1.75u Backspace as they are otherwise not useful.
I'd like to add that R4 1.75u Lock can also be used to cover: JD40/JD45/Prime_L, as a second 1.75u spacekey (more on that below); Dimple, as a second 1.75u Shift; and Filco Minila, when combined with a 3u space from the spacebar kit. This, together with the popularity of the two aforementioned boards in the 40% space, makes option 1 the better choice imo.

• I think this kit needs more in the way of ortho support. At least a R3 Enter, R3 Esc and R2 Tab (all 1u).
The thing is that the Planck/Preonic coverage is inconsistent at the moment: the kit has a R4 Enter, which is used on the default OLKB layout, but it doesn't have R2 Tab, R3 Esc which are also part of that layout. On the other hand, a lot of people prefer to use the more familiar R2 Esc and R3 Tab, but then R3 Enter is missing. It'd be nice to have all of these options.
Ideally there would also be a second R4 1u Ctrl and second R4 1u Shift. A generic key like Code could come in handy for these.

• The 1.5u Shift seems a bit of an odd inclusion for such a small kit. This would be useful only for Evolv (which isn't out yet) and UT47.2.

Spacebar Kit

Show Image

• If you aren't going to include the R4 1.75u Lock key in Additional, then the 1.75u space can be removed from here as it's pretty much useless — the only keyboard that uses a single 1.75u space is Vortex Core. No keyboards larger than 40% use this spacebar size.

Thanks for the feedback, I've taken it into consideration and made some changes per your reccomendations for the base kit, after reading your feedback about the additional kit I understand that the kit as it was would not support enough 40s boards and adding more keys to the base kit would rise base cost price. After some discussion with the vendor I think the best option is to unfortunately not run the kit due to risk of low sales and stuggles from a new keyset vendor. I have also adjusted the correct term for the r3 1.25u tab and called it minimal support for 50% boards.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 05:52:15 »
Thanks for the feedback, I've taken it into consideration and made some changes per your reccomendations for the base kit, after reading your feedback about the additional kit I understand that the kit as it was would not support enough 40s boards and adding more keys to the base kit would rise base cost price. After some discussion with the vendor I think the best option is to unfortunately not run the kit due to risk of low sales and stuggles from a new keyset vendor. I have also adjusted the correct term for the r3 1.25u tab and called it minimal support for 50% boards.

It's unfortunate to see the kit dropped altogether. I'd like to suggest an alternative approach that I think could work for everyone; but in the meantime, if the kits stay as is, the following keys can be removed from Spacebars as they are only used on 40% boards, which are no longer supported:
  • second 1u space
  • 1.75u space

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 16:42:12 »
well at least you made it easy to save money

Offline Tyson

Re: [IC] GMK Fundamentals | Group Buy Starts November 2020!
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 06 September 2020, 10:36:40 »
Group Buy Date is set for November 2020!

Thank you everyone who is interested in the keyset! Can't wait to make this set a reality! It's going to be fantastic!

Offline eeveeatemyessay

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 06 September 2020, 12:51:58 »
Looks absolutely beautiful. Sadly, with no NorDe, not buying. ANSI doesn't work for me. :(

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 06 September 2020, 12:55:07 »
Looking forward to the GB.

Offline kiwi03

« Reply #111 on: Sun, 06 September 2020, 13:16:19 »
I'm in!

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-G965F 發送

Offline Sshimosawa

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 06 September 2020, 13:37:16 »
Yup. In.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 17:13:15 »
Added a row numbers along with unit numbers for any caps that are larger than 1u. Everything is on track for the november GB date! First deskmat samples arrived and were too saturated, getting new samples made to adjust the colors.

Offline stein3

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 00:17:57 »
Added a row numbers along with unit numbers for any caps that are larger than 1u. Everything is on track for the november GB date! First deskmat samples arrived and were too saturated, getting new samples made to adjust the colors.
Could you label the 0.5u keys as well, just so I can be sure?

Offline Ramen Champ

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 00:26:55 »
Nice set Tyson! Looking forward to the GB :)
twitch.tv/ramenchamp_

Offline Suavity

• Smile more! 🙂
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 00:33:37 »
3U included in the space bars kit is such a treat. Great job on the kit! Hopefully more designers incorporate 3U into their designs.  :thumb:

Offline whitty

• Formerly dsw_408
« Reply #117 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 12:14:30 »
Pls consider stepped “caps lock” vs stepped “caps” 

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #118 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 13:28:22 »
Pls consider stepped “caps lock” vs stepped “caps”

Asking for future reference: Is there any particular reason why you prefer stepped Caps↲Lock over Caps? Note that all other keys in the set are single-line.

Offline whitty

• Formerly dsw_408
[IC] GMK Fundamentals | Group Buy Starts November 2020!
« Reply #119 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 14:34:11 »
It looks better to me, OG keysets use it, and tab isn’t single lined. Have you seen what stepped “caps” looks like on a board? It just looks off to me, like it’s missing something haha. It feels like “innovation” for the sake of innovation, without actually having any benefit

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #120 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 16:40:54 »
It looks better to me, OG keysets use it, and tab isn’t single lined. Have you seen what stepped “caps” looks like on a board? It just looks off to me, like it’s missing something haha. It feels like “innovation” for the sake of innovation, without actually having any benefit

Thanks for the explanation; noted.

I also wanna give my own subjective opinion:

I think that single-line Caps looks a lot better since otherwise the left side mods look too dense/text-heavy compared to the right side. And Tab actually exacerbates that problem.

OG sets also use some totally scuffed legends (just look at almost any intl OG set), so that's not really an argument — just because it's OG doesn't mean that it's good.

I agree with keeping everything OG-style if that's the look you're going for (e.g. GMK Hype Abused); but if that's not the case (like here), I don't think there's really any point.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 September 2020, 16:45:23 by konstantin »

Offline whitty

• Formerly dsw_408
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 16:58:04 »

Thanks for the explanation; noted.

I also wanna give my own subjective opinion:

I think that single-line Caps looks a lot better since otherwise the left side mods look too dense/text-heavy compared to the right side. And Tab actually exacerbates that problem.

OG sets also use some totally scuffed legends (just look at almost any intl OG set), so that's not really an argument — just because it's OG doesn't mean that it's good.

I agree with keeping everything OG-style if that's the look you're going for (e.g. GMK Hype Abused); but if that's not the case (like here), I don't think there's really any point.

Well there’s a reason ansi OG dyesubs are some of the most sought after keycaps in this hobby; people think they look good (including myself)

I completely disagree with the mods looking dense/text heavy with stepped “caps lock”, and I think it actually looks way too bare with a single line stepped caps lock. Look at analog dreams (it’s the first set I’ve seen come out with stepped “caps”), and it completely turned me off in buying the set. So, to me, it feels like “fixing” a problem that doesn’t exist, and actually makes the set less attractive

I’m also the type of person who heavily prefers OG icon mods vs centered icon mods, and I won’t buy a set with centered icons ever again. I just prefer the classic aesthetics

Offline FootFingers

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 17:02:26 »
Very nice, commenting so I dont miss

Offline holer

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 06:38:12 »

Very nice looking set, the colors look so subtle :)

Looks absolutely beautiful. Sadly, with no NorDe, not buying. ANSI doesn't work for me. :(

.. but the NorDe is also a deal breaker for me.

Good luck with the GB :)

Offline Tyson

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 12:17:49 »
Received quotes for the two kits from GMK last week. I wasn't too happy with the pricing so I reworked the kits and brought back the additional kit with corrected compatibility! Here are the kits as they stand right now. I am waiting to hear full feedback from Konstantin and DepletedVespine you guys here in the thread before I give it a full send for renders and to GMK for the second quote. I feel more confident with the kits now that we can achieve a really good base kit price along with good prices for all the other kits! The only thing I wish I could have provided was accents to the Additional kit for 40s users, unfortunately do to how many accents there are I will not be providing support for any specific board. It's either everyone gets accents or nobody at all. I do not have any favoritism to any 40s boards. Here are the KLE renders I have made:

The set is still Icon + Text, I just couldn't figure out how to change it on KLE!

Base Kit

Additional Kit

Spacebars Kit

Accent Kit

« Last Edit: Fri, 18 September 2020, 15:18:01 by Tyson »

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 13:46:12 »
My Minimal and Honeywell & Co set love you for separating the accents

Offline Qarmaa

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 14:51:04 »
Thanks for separating accents. Definitely in.
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 September 2020, 14:58:56 by Qarmaa »

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 15:13:48 »
Received quotes for the two kits from GMK last week. I wasn't too happy with the pricing so I reworked the kits and brought back the additional kit with corrected compatibility! Here are the kits as they stand right now. I am waiting to hear full feedback from Konstantin and DepletedVespine you guys here in the thread before I give it a full send for renders and to GMK for the second quote. I feel more confident with the kits now that we can achieve a really good base kit price along with good prices for all the other kits! The only thing I wish I could have provided was accents to the Additional kit for 40s users, unfortunately do to how many accents there are I will not be providing support for any specific board. It's either everyone gets accents or nobody at all. I do not have any favoritism to any 40s boards. Here are the KLE renders I have made:

Base Kit

Show Image

Additional Kit

Show Image

Spacebars Kit

Show Image

Accent Kit

Show Image

I love everything about this update. Removal of icon mods makes the set much cleaner!
EDIT: Corrected by OP in comment below.

And thanks for keeping AltGr :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 September 2020, 15:28:02 by packman86 »
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline Tyson

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 15:16:03 »

Base Kit

Show Image

Additional Kit

Show Image

Spacebars Kit

Show Image

Accent Kit

Show Image

I love everything about this update. Removal of icon mods makes the set much cleaner!

And thanks for keeping AltGr :)

Op, actually the icon + text mods are still in the set. I couldn't figure out how to get them on KLE. 😅 And yeah! For sure! I made sure to change one of the 1.25u Alts to Alt Gr too!

Offline huey

Re: [IC] GMK Fundamentals
« Reply #129 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 15:57:38 »
Hi,

Is the GMK 3K color = White?

3k is quite white, it might be a very very light grey.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 16:10:35 »
Hi,

Show Image

Is light grey, with less yellow than L9.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 16:38:11 »
Hi,

Show Image

Is light grey, with less yellow than L9.

IMO I'd say the color is more of a Off-White than a light grey. 2M is more of the light grey color to me than 3K.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 21:47:38 »
Reworked kits rendered! Sending these to GMK for final quotes! Will update everyone once prices are set, still got one more thing to be revealed. ;)

Base Kit
Support standard layouts, UK ISO Support, Full Size, TKLs, 75s, 65s, WKL boards, minimal 50s support and more!

Additional Kit
40s support

Accent Kit
Colored Accents

Spacebar Kit

Offline nvh2092

Re: [IC] GMK Fundamentals | All kits reworked, GB: Nov. 2020!
« Reply #133 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 15:20:36 »
Please consider adding 1.25u Fn key to the base kit as most of TKL and full size keyboards use this key. Your set looks so good, I don't want to pass on this because of no 1.25u Fn key :(

Offline Tyson

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 15:06:47 »
Please consider adding 1.25u Fn key to the base kit as most of TKL and full size keyboards use this key. Your set looks so good, I don't want to pass on this because of no 1.25u Fn key :(

1.25u menu is going to be changed to fn.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 11:20:43 »

1.25u menu is going to be changed to fn.
Thank you, definitely a buy  :thumb:

Offline Sandy

• Formerly cogitoergofemme
  • Sandy - Peach Tray Maker
    • the peach · studio
« Reply #136 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 16:42:14 »
Wow I love the brutalist vibes I'm getting very sort of concrete/architectural aesthetic with really nice accents. I might be a bit spent on sets but I like this a lot!
🍑C11🍑KWA.6🍑GPK60 47-GR1RE🍑Vast60🍑Rose60🍑EHKB🍑Viktus Sinne🍑Boop65🍑Jelly60 Pro🍑Fuji65🍑Ginkgo 65🍑S7.7🍑Treasure Type-9 II🍑Thermal R2🍑Jelly 60🍑

Offline rondg

« Reply #137 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 18:09:18 »
No more 1.5u right shift?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #138 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 19:18:10 »

As far as I'm aware, only 1 board will be able to use it, the Evolv. While I love Nathan for all the work he's done for me unfortunately it was not justified to keep it in the set. Sorry.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 15:32:11 »
Hi, I know this is up to your decision but I recommend having another EU vendor like Oblotzky or Mykeyboard since they use Euro. Prototypist uses Gbp which need converting to Euro, resulting in an increase in price since banks will take a conversion fee. I look at their website but don't see the option of converting Gbp to Euro. Also,  this is entirely subjective, Prototypist does not have paypal as payment method, I will have to pay directly directly with my credit card which is not very secure, Google pay for some reasons does not accept my BNP or Orange card and I don't use Iphone  :( . I really want this set and I hope you consider adding a second EU vendor.

Offline holer

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 12:25:11 »
Hi, I know this is up to your decision but I recommend having another EU vendor like Oblotzky or Mykeyboard since they use Euro. Prototypist uses Gbp which need converting to Euro, resulting in an increase in price since banks will take a conversion fee. I look at their website but don't see the option of converting Gbp to Euro. Also,  this is entirely subjective, Prototypist does not have paypal as payment method, I will have to pay directly directly with my credit card which is not very secure, Google pay for some reasons does not accept my BNP or Orange card and I don't use Iphone  :( . I really want this set and I hope you consider adding a second EU vendor.

Let me add another reason: there is currently no trade agreement between EU and UK in 2021. This means that VAT, duty, and taxes could be added again, which is an absolute dealbreaker for any current GB using a UK based vendor.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 23:38:26 »

Let me add another reason: there is currently no trade agreement between EU and UK in 2021. This means that VAT, duty, and taxes could be added again, which is an absolute dealbreaker for any current GB using a UK based vendor.

You guys are not the first ones to come to me with this worry, it is definitely something that I was not aware of until recently. I am currently going to discuss this and talk to a few people and work on getting something going with another EU vendor so that you guys will not be hit with such hard fees. I apologize for the issue and hope to resolve it before the GB starts.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 03:05:29 »

You guys are not the first ones to come to me with this worry, it is definitely something that I was not aware of until recently. I am currently going to discuss this and talk to a few people and work on getting something going with another EU vendor so that you guys will not be hit with such hard fees. I apologize for the issue and hope to resolve it before the GB starts.

:thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 October 2020, 16:04:15 by nvh2092 »

Offline WiseLucas

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 11:33:28 »
This set is a big yes

Offline rondg

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 13:51:09 »

As far as I'm aware, only 1 board will be able to use it, the Evolv. While I love Nathan for all the work he's done for me unfortunately it was not justified to keep it in the set. Sorry.

There are actually 2. Box 75 is another one.

EDIT: Nope. Nevermind. Don't mind me. Only the Evolv has this layout.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 October 2020, 13:54:30 by rondg »

Offline Tyson

Re: [IC] GMK Fundamentals | Pricing Announced, GB: Nov. 4th 2020!
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 14 October 2020, 01:52:37 »
Group Buy starts November 4th!

Here's the pricing for the kits too!

Keyset Pricing
NA [Space] (USD)
Base Kit- $120.00
Accents Kit- $40.00
Additional Kit - $35.00
Spacebars Kit- $25.00

CA [AuraMech] (USD)
Base Kit- $120.00
Accents Kit- $40.00
Additional Kit - $35.00
Spacebars Kit- $25.00

EU [Prototypist] (GBP)
Base Kit- £110.00 inc VAT
Accents Kit- £37.00 inc VAT
Additional Kit - £32.00 inc VAT
Spacebars Kit- £23.00 inc VAT

ASIA [iLumKB] (SGD)
Base Kit- $175.00
Accents Kit- $58.00
Additional Kit - $51.00
Spacebars Kit- $36.00

Oceania [SwitchKeys] (AUD)
Base Kit- $185.00
Accents Kit- $63.00
Additional Kit - $55.00
Spacebars Kit- $35.00

Offline SunsOut

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 14 October 2020, 02:50:39 »
Is GMK 3k similar to RAMA Soya color? Like a cream/off-white or a gray?

Offline hong@RebultKeyboards

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 14 October 2020, 03:26:54 »
Group Buy starts November 4th!

Here's the pricing for the kits too!

Keyset Pricing
NA [Space] (USD)
Base Kit- $120.00
Accents Kit- $40.00
Additional Kit - $35.00
Spacebars Kit- $25.00

CA [AuraMech] (USD)
Base Kit- $120.00
Accents Kit- $40.00
Additional Kit - $35.00
Spacebars Kit- $25.00

EU [Prototypist] (GBP)
Base Kit- £110.00 inc VAT
Accents Kit- £37.00 inc VAT
Additional Kit - £32.00 inc VAT
Spacebars Kit- £23.00 inc VAT

ASIA [iLumKB] (SGD)
Base Kit- $175.00
Accents Kit- $58.00
Additional Kit - $51.00
Spacebars Kit- $36.00

Oceania [SwitchKeys] (AUD)
Base Kit- $185.00
Accents Kit- $63.00
Additional Kit - $55.00
Spacebars Kit- $35.00

Great! Can't wait! Really clean set and like the accents. Thinking about getting this as a lil birthday present for myself  :p

Offline Tyson

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 14 October 2020, 03:52:39 »
Is GMK 3k similar to RAMA Soya color? Like a cream/off-white or a gray?

Potentially, Fundamentals would probably look really nice on the board!

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #149 on: Thu, 15 October 2020, 05:51:05 »
Pricing for MyKeyboard.eu?