Author Topic: [IC] KAT Slurp | PRICING ADDED, FEB 8th GROUP BUY!  (Read 72871 times)

Offline werc

Re: [IC] KAT Slurp - SUBLEGENDS KIT & NEW RENDERS! CABLE GIVEAWAY!
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 20:34:48 »
This set is awesome. Great job! Can't wait for the gb.
Any chance for a Bender novelty?

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 04:33:38 »
Sold on those alien alphas

Offline noctoornal

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 10:30:48 »
really excited if this goes on GB. Can't wait!  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 17:01:59 »
This is odd for me, as I love alternative legends, but for this kit, I just keep thinking I want Latin alphas. So I'll get the Colevrak kit.

For ortho, can you please add accented ESC? And ideally also make the 1.5u the pink accent? Mito tends to do this with the ortho kits and IMO it ends up looking really good.

Ortho kit updated for accented ESC, two 1.5u pink accents, and alpha colored spacebars. Does this look better? Thanks for the suggestion there.

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 17:13:13 »
Update: Fixed a few more minor kitting issues, getting closer to finalizing kitting. Keep suggesting any changes if you see things that need to be fixed, added or removed. I know I need to get the Ergo Blanks kit smaller, that is a work in progress.

Thank you all for filling out the IC form and entering the cable giveaway, there have been so many people that have entered I promise this isn't the only giveaway I will be doing so stay tuned!

So based on the IC form a loooooot of people were asking for a blue mods kit. I haven't put together the kitting for it but I did do a render on the Haus with blue mods. What do you guys think of the blue mods?

Additionally, there have been a lot of suggestions to add more novelties which I would love to do but I want to make sure the novelties kit isn't too big where it becomes a $40 kit add-on (note I do not have any pricing info yet this is just an estimate based on other KAT sets), so I will ask you guys: would you prefer to add more novelties to the kit and sacrifice price or keep the kit the way it is?

Lastly, here's a render on a TKL with some neon acrylic for fun! (keyboard is the TEK 80)

Thank each and every one of you for your support through this project and all of your feedback, ideas, criticism, and compliments. Second deskmat coming soon  ;)

Offline Slayer77

Re: [IC] KAT Slurp - ADDITIONAL MOD KIT? CABLE GIVEAWAY STILL GOING!
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 17:25:38 »
Please add black alphas with neon legends..

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 17:29:54 »

Unfortunately I don't think I will be adding any alt-colored alphas with this set. Thanks for the interest though, hopefully one of the three alpha kits would appeal to you  :thumb:

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 17:32:50 »

Unfortunately I don't think I will be adding any alt-colored alphas with this set. Thanks for the interest though, hopefully one of the three alpha kits would appeal to you  :thumb:
Thanks for your quick reply. I am not a fan of the contrast between the alphas and mods as is now and the blue mods do not interest me. Good luck with the interest check!

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 17:47:19 »
Can't wait for the GB to begin. All the best.
Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 23:09:38 »
Killling it!

Offline harlekein

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 02:42:13 »

Thanks for your quick reply. I am not a fan of the contrast between the alphas and mods as is now and the blue mods do not interest me. Good luck with the interest check!

This is a joke, right?

Offline bliss

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 14:02:26 »
Opening a can of Slurp and having a closer look at the kits, I noticed a few things:

* Text + Icon Mods: spelling error, seemingly carried over from Cyberspace: R2 'Fuction'

* Novelties: are those really R2? (if yes, please educate me how you would use them ;))

* North: I looked at the kit checking for ISO-DE compatibility, which looks fine, but I noticed the main symbols (pink)  and shifted symbols (yellow) are  not consistent, in the sense that for some keys they are swapped out. Having looked only at the ISO-DE case, I think the marked keys should have the symbols swapped:

I really love the downshifted symbols' concept :thumb: Regarding blue modifiers, I like them and they make a lot of sense in the context of the KAT MOQ system, so a good idea to have them.

Just want to have this on my desk already... <3

Offline Alpha_Icarus

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 20:15:54 »
Love it!

Offline Plopmk

• Plop Laboratories | Making atrocious keycap sets
    • plopmkd@gmail.com
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 02:24:12 »
Awesome set, love the colors, love the novelties, and love the source material.

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 11:18:34 »
Opening a can of Slurp and having a closer look at the kits, I noticed a few things:

* Text + Icon Mods: spelling error, seemingly carried over from Cyberspace: R2 'Fuction'

* Novelties: are those really R2? (if yes, please educate me how you would use them ;))

* North: I looked at the kit checking for ISO-DE compatibility, which looks fine, but I noticed the main symbols (pink)  and shifted symbols (yellow) are  not consistent, in the sense that for some keys they are swapped out. Having looked only at the ISO-DE case, I think the marked keys should have the symbols swapped:

Show Image

I really love the downshifted symbols' concept :thumb: Regarding blue modifiers, I like them and they make a lot of sense in the context of the KAT MOQ system, so a good idea to have them.

Just want to have this on my desk already... <3

Thanks for all of this, I'm going to get back to kitting this weekend and make sure everything you noted here is fixed. I really appreciate that! And trust me I can't wait until I can announce a GB date! Currently in talks with some vendors and trying to get those locked in. I will provide an update on that hopefully next week sometime when things are more set!

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 12:34:38 »
Hi everyone I wanted to provide a quick update with how things are going:

• ONE WEEK left to enter the cable giveaway! Again, the winner will be announced in this thread and in the Ulliam + Fam discord on Monday, September 7th. Still lots of time to enter, simply fill out the IC form and add your discord tag!
  • I have been in contact with vendors and so far have OCE, EU, and Asia locked in. Working on a new exciting US vendor, waiting for some more information on that.
  • Possible cable collaboration in talks!
  • Keyreative is working on making the samples as we speak and I will show those as soon I get my hands on them!
  • Finalizing kitting based on feedback, correcting small errors, etc.
  • Second deskmat coming soonTM

Again I want to reiterate my gratitude to everyone that has been so supportive of this set, full steam ahead.

Offline UggNot

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 02 September 2020, 22:14:32 »
set looks great, but a few notes on the ergo set.

1. in R3 you are including a pipe key that is also in the alphas kit, this doesn't need to be there.
2. there is no R2 enter.  it is pretty common in these kits. I know some people use it there, but i'm more looking for it to do one bottom row as r2 and one as r1 to get the duplicate legends i'd need for my keymap

also, i'd love to see an R2 escape and an R1 delete, but i know those aren't too common.

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 13:46:34 »
set looks great, but a few notes on the ergo set.

1. in R3 you are including a pipe key that is also in the alphas kit, this doesn't need to be there.
2. there is no R2 enter.  it is pretty common in these kits. I know some people use it there, but i'm more looking for it to do one bottom row as r2 and one as r1 to get the duplicate legends i'd need for my keymap

also, i'd love to see an R2 escape and an R1 delete, but i know those aren't too common.

Thanks for the feedback - I will adjust the ergo kitting and get these changes fixed!

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 06 September 2020, 17:55:12 »
Final day to enter for the custom cable giveaway! Please don't forget to add your discord tag - you are able to edit your response if you forgot to add it.

Offline twoshoes

Re: [IC] KAT Slurp | GB Date Announced!
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 10:20:03 »
HUGE Update! We have an official group buy date and vendors. From the bottom of my heart thank you to every single person that has been interested in the set, provided feedback, messaged me, joined the discord, chatted in the discord, or even looked at this thread.

I will be doing another giveaway in celebration. I think I am going to get some stickers made and another cable giveaway but this time I think I may do a couple cables as there were many entries last time and I want a couple more winners. Stayed tuned in discord for the updates, but the giveaway will be posted all around!

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 12:57:55 »
Following this for quite a while! Can't wait for 2021!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline Allkchi

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 13:21:03 »
 :eek: :eek: :eek:I'VE NEVER NEEDED SOMETHING MORE IN MY LIFE FUTURAMA IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE :eek: :eek: :eek:

Offline Allkchi

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 08:46:22 »
Invite to Discord says invalid. Can you refresh the link?

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 09:14:46 »
Invite to Discord says invalid. Can you refresh the link?

:eek: :eek: :eek:I'VE NEVER NEEDED SOMETHING MORE IN MY LIFE FUTURAMA IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the support! Updated the Discord invite link in the post.

Offline Diamagisk

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 08:04:22 »
In 100%, can't wait!

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 08:16:22 »
You might want to swap the arrows on the Tab keys around. The conventional icon for Tab is rather than (the top arrow is left-facing).

The number row legends on the alphas also appear to be the wrong way around. Was this intentional, perhaps?

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 12:26:51 »
You might want to swap the arrows on the Tab keys around. The conventional icon for Tab is rather than (the top arrow is left-facing).

The number row legends on the alphas also appear to be the wrong way around. Was this intentional, perhaps?

Thanks for the feedback :)

I will fix that issue on the Tab Keys. But yes the number row legends were a design decision.

Offline Allkchi

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 11:10:03 »
Is there any hope for that classic Blue, neon, and pink Slurp Logo on a Desk Mat?

Offline Buffo

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 09:19:32 »
Hi, love your kit so far. For the north kit, can it be that the [2"²]-key is missing?

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 13:34:35 »
Is there any hope for that classic Blue, neon, and pink Slurp Logo on a Desk Mat?

I haven't decided on what the second deskmat will be. Would like feedback on this. Alienese characters all over a mat? Slurp Logo on a mat? What do you guys want to see?

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 13:36:11 »
Hi, love your kit so far. For the north kit, can it be that the [2"²]-key is missing?

Thank you! I'll look into that and add it to my list. I have been really busy with my job and haven't been able to get back into kitting in the past month or so. Rest assured I am creating deadlines for myself for kitting so that we are set to go well before GB happens!

Offline paysen

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 09:26:46 »
Update: Fixed a few more minor kitting issues, getting closer to finalizing kitting. Keep suggesting any changes if you see things that need to be fixed, added or removed. I know I need to get the Ergo Blanks kit smaller, that is a work in progress.

Thank you all for filling out the IC form and entering the cable giveaway, there have been so many people that have entered I promise this isn't the only giveaway I will be doing so stay tuned!

So based on the IC form a loooooot of people were asking for a blue mods kit. I haven't put together the kitting for it but I did do a render on the Haus with blue mods. What do you guys think of the blue mods?

Show Image

Additionally, there have been a lot of suggestions to add more novelties which I would love to do but I want to make sure the novelties kit isn't too big where it becomes a $40 kit add-on (note I do not have any pricing info yet this is just an estimate based on other KAT sets), so I will ask you guys: would you prefer to add more novelties to the kit and sacrifice price or keep the kit the way it is?

Lastly, here's a render on a TKL with some neon acrylic for fun! (keyboard is the TEK 80)

Show Image

Thank each and every one of you for your support through this project and all of your feedback, ideas, criticism, and compliments. Second deskmat coming soon  ;)

Instead of blue, how about those mods?

Offline Allkchi

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 11:28:59 »

[/quote]

The Blue mods wouldn't raise the price on the kit too much. I think adding another color would make the price go up, which not too many people are keen on.

Offline paysen

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 11:45:41 »
Ah, that seems reasonable. Well I would pay for that, but that's just me :-D

Offline 0ldMate

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 18:59:20 »
Love the colour scheme, gives me trouble minds vibes

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 21:05:08 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks for the suggestion! I won't be adding any additional colors but blue mods may still be on the table. As of now there isn't too much interest in the blue mods but I'm not finished with kitting so it's still a possibility.

Offline Allkchi

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 08:41:42 »
Do we have an update on the second deskmat?

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 16:18:34 »
Second Deskmat is being finished up shortly and I will update the thread with it as soon as it's done :). On another note i'm finally back to finishing kitting ASAP and getting quotes once it's finalized.

Offline Allkchi

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 10:47:33 »
Awesome! I'm so excited! Thanks for all of your hard work!

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 21:27:56 »

Can I please get info on this case, is it a custom? Please give me contact on who I need to reach out to, so I can get one to go w/ this keyset!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 04:35:48 »
Looks like a Candybar maybe

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
[IC] KAT Slurp | GB Date Announced!
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 07:18:01 »
Yes, it is a Candybar, I’m talking about the case.

I’m fond of & have a candybar; that case looks like a one off & I’m interested in it.

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 16:11:06 »
Yes, it is a Candybar, I’m talking about the case.
Show Image

I’m fond of & have a candybar; that case looks like a one off & I’m interested in it.

The case used in that render is the candybar you're correct. I tried to get the Pink aluminium version (I believe called the Hubba Bubba colorway?) matched in the render but going off my monitor the color could be off. Hope this helps!

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 16:18:19 »
Eeeeee slurp!  :-X AAAAAA
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline medraut_

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 04:06:17 »
Alienese are the most fantastic alphas I've ever seen!

I'd like:

10 alienese symbols per row. R1 is at 8/10. R2 is at 9 without using homing keys, 11 with homing keys.

R2 1.5u keys for Iris/Corne support. Pink R2 1.5u is not in any kit.

R2 1u blanks in each colorway.

An ortho novelties kit. R1-R4, primarily 1u. It could include 4 R2 1.5u blanks (2 pink, 2 blue) and the keys from the novelties that are 1.5u and lower, shift R4 and R5 novelties down to R1 and R2.

Filling a split_3x6_3 (corne) with alienese alphas, novelties for outer columns, and R2 blanks (2x 1.5u, 4x 1u) for the thumb cluster.

Renders show novelties in positions that make the keyboard look good. The keycap profile generally doesn't fit the row in the keyboard renders. The faces show up in R1 in keyboard renders and R3 in kit render.

Offline twoshoes

Re: [IC] KAT Slurp | NEW DESKMAT & COLLABS ADDED
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 02:25:44 »
Big update in the IC - updated kitting for better compatibility and correction of errors. Added second deskmat design (finally). And announced a couple collabs that are in the works! Hope you guys enjoy, let me know what you think :)

Offline yh

• hyurinkb
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 04:48:13 »
Love the alphas, hate the mods. Im sorry that shade of yellow just isn’t for me i guess

Offline outerspace

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 08:00:33 »
Love the alphas, hate the mods. Im sorry that shade of yellow just isn’t for me i guess

Agreed. Are the blue mods off the table for sure?

Offline harlekein

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 03:14:33 »
I like the set, but can you maybe change it all to grey? Legends and mods. Like light grey and dark grey. And with hiragana sublegends. And OG cherry mod icons.

Seriously though, I'm loving the set. Can't wait for GB.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 December 2020, 03:16:37 by harlekein »

Offline Havattack

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 11:02:34 »
....HOW DARE YOU! That is NOT "yellow". Yellow is the worst color in existence! That is a nice neon green.

As for those artisan keycaps... A green, chubby, peen with pink man milk coming out....Really?
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 December 2020, 11:04:09 by Havattack »