Author Topic: [GB] GMK Metropolis ( COMPLETE )  (Read 163736 times)

Offline Full

Re: [GB] GMK Metropolis (Last Day! - 1,000 hit!)
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 19:25:15 »
cant wait to get this set.. had to order every.. single.. set.. + deskmat and cables ;P GJ on the GB!
Hi!

Offline Iris3

« Reply #151 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 01:35:48 »
@nephlock
Is the render with TGR Jane using TGR Jane CE version?

Offline stuey138

« Reply #152 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 01:39:01 »
When will the KeyForge raffle take place?

Offline piit79

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 01:57:20 »
When will the KeyForge raffle take place?
I think the form is open till th 30th, so I guess shortly after.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T with a rubbish gimmicky bloody annoying unreliable in-display fingerprint reader using Tapatalk

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #154 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 07:54:53 »
@nephlock
Is the render with TGR Jane using TGR Jane CE version?

Nope, it's the normal V2, ce has an f13 key.

Offline nephlock

Re: [GB] GMK Metropolis (GB Over. Extra keys! Keyset winner!)
« Reply #155 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 11:40:42 »
First off, a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone that helped, contributed, sent energy, and jumped in on this GB. It has been a massive success, especially considering that April has been RICH with many great keysets. I'm floored by the amount of support on this set!

Final numbers are still coming in, but we are expecting to roll over that 1200 mark once we have the final numbers from all proxies.
Base - 1188
Midnight - 252
Signs - 787
Blocks - 550

We've also run the raffle on the 1,000 mark keyset giveaway, and the winner is Geekhacks own user: Eyedrop. Congrats! Novelkeys will be reaching out to you to coordinate :).

Extra Keys
Please make sure you cast you vote on what extra keys you'd like to see added to the base: https://forms.gle/XmVwckTf4Lys3cx68.

Currently, additional accents (yellow enter, teal arrows) is in the lead! I'll be collecting feedback through the weekend, and lock the kit down early next week.

Keyforge
The keyforge artisan form will remain open until April 30th, to allow everyone time to get their entry in. winners will be chosen and invoiced shortly after

BIG <3
-Neph

Offline BlankeyGotCaps

« Reply #156 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 18:26:18 »
Congrats on the huge success of the set. Well deserved if you ask me! :)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #157 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 18:55:49 »
First off, a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone that helped, contributed, sent energy, and jumped in on this GB. It has been a massive success, especially considering that April has been RICH with many great keysets. I'm floored by the amount of support on this set!

Final numbers are still coming in, but we are expecting to roll over that 1200 mark once we have the final numbers from all proxies.
Base - 1188
Midnight - 252
Signs - 787
Blocks - 550

We've also run the raffle on the 1,000 mark keyset giveaway, and the winner is Geekhacks own user: Eyedrop. Congrats! Novelkeys will be reaching out to you to coordinate :).

Extra Keys
Please make sure you cast you vote on what extra keys you'd like to see added to the base: https://forms.gle/XmVwckTf4Lys3cx68.

Currently, additional accents (yellow enter, teal arrows) is in the lead! I'll be collecting feedback through the weekend, and lock the kit down early next week.

Keyforge
The keyforge artisan form will remain open until April 30th, to allow everyone time to get their entry in. winners will be chosen and invoiced shortly after

BIG <3
-Neph

god damn 1200

nice job dude
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline stuey138

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 18:59:40 »
And 1200 on a debut no less.

Offline soulkun

« Reply #159 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 19:12:23 »
Add a 1.25u Fn key on R4 would be better. I'm gonna put this set on my Filco keyboard. :)

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #160 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 00:51:52 »
Nice numbers! Voted for extra novelities~

Offline piit79

« Reply #161 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 01:14:39 »
Add a 1.25u Fn key on R4 would be better. I'm gonna put this set on my Filco keyboard. :)
Oh, it doesn't have it? I could use it as well... Ofc we can substitute other keys, but it's not the same ;)

Sent from my OnePlus 6T with a rubbish gimmicky bloody annoying unreliable in-display fingerprint reader using Tapatalk

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #162 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 01:19:21 »
 :eek:  OMG!  I can't believe I won.  Thanks for organizing the GB and making this a reality.

GMK Metropolis is indeed a great keyset.  I can't wait!

Offline nephlock

« Reply #163 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 01:46:51 »
:eek:  OMG!  I can't believe I won.  Thanks for organizing the GB and making this a reality.

GMK Metropolis is indeed a great keyset.  I can't wait!

Ayy! Here he is! Congrats my guy! Happy we were able to do this :)

Offline snelltrail

« Reply #164 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 08:00:12 »
Does the 40 percent compatibility mentioned in the extra keys form mean ortholinear 40 percent (everything 1u) or staggered (something like 1.25 R3 Tab and 1.75 R3 Enter)?

Also just wanted to add my congratulations for such a successful GB. Novelties and deskmats in particular were such a home run! Now comes the least fun part haha :/

Offline nephlock

« Reply #165 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 10:57:00 »
Does the 40 percent compatibility mentioned in the extra keys form mean ortholinear 40 percent (everything 1u) or staggered (something like 1.25 R3 Tab and 1.75 R3 Enter)?

Also just wanted to add my congratulations for such a successful GB. Novelties and deskmats in particular were such a home run! Now comes the least fun part haha :/

Because we only have the availability to add a few keys, it would have to be the latter of those.

Offline Lormania

« Reply #166 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 11:45:53 »
Voted for the 40 percent keys. Let's go!

Offline snelltrail

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 00:47:24 »

Because we only have the availability to add a few keys, it would have to be the latter of those.

Awesome! Keen for some staggered 40s keys!!

Offline nephlock

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 10:50:02 »
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

After analyzing the data on the extra keys form, the overall single winner was to add in some additional accents. However, in talking with both Mike @ NovelKeys and GMK, we also wanted to help out the other areas that were voted high, especially with some of the layout keys that help this set actually get on to more boards.

I've ended at the following extra keys.

• Yellow Return - To give a proper mod color accent to this key
  • Teal Arrow Cluster - This gives another option for arrows, as well as provides a much requested accent for those that got the midnight kit
  • "N" Logo Novelty - My personal mark, but also isn't out of place sitting next to the current novelties
  • 2U Shift - This will give proper compatibility to those using the "compressed" 60% layout, as well as some smaller boards
  • 1.25 Tab / 1.75 Return - These keys will help give correct row-profile and legend coverage to some popular sub-60% boards

I'm absolutely thrilled that we'll be able to get in this many extra keys, as i believe it gives a little bit back to every major category that was voted for.

Offline mrpetrov

Re: [GB] GMK Metropolis (GB Over. Extra keys added!)
« Reply #169 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 10:52:36 »
Awesome!

Now I will have to try and get midnight extras to match the teal arrows!

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #170 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 10:57:17 »
Nice, love the additions!

Offline yaya

« Reply #171 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 10:57:38 »
Excellent additions!

Offline ian13

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 11:25:36 »
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!
Show Image

After analyzing the data on the extra keys form, the overall single winner was to add in some additional accents. However, in talking with both Mike @ NovelKeys and GMK, we also wanted to help out the other areas that were voted high, especially with some of the layout keys that help this set actually get on to more boards.

Show Image

• Teal Arrow Cluster - This gives another option for arrows, as well as provides a much requested accent for those that got the midnight kit
  • "N" Logo Novelty - My personal mark, but also isn't out of place sitting next to the current novelties
  • 2U Shift - This will give proper compatibility to those using the "compressed" 60% layout, as well as some smaller boards
  • 1.25 Tab / 1.75 Return - These keys will help give correct row-profile and legend coverage to some popular sub-60% boards

I'm absolutely thrilled that we'll be able to get in this many extra keys, as i believe it gives a little bit back to every major category that was voted for.

Thank you for this! I expected it to be simply based on the choices but it ended up quite a surprise! This really is amazing!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline vonswoopington

« Reply #173 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 11:28:15 »
Thanks for the kit update and listening to all the feedback!
TGR 910 Polycarb | TGR Alice | TGR Unikorn | Lyn EM-7 | VE.A | Kyuu | E7-V1

Offline Macmutant

« Reply #174 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 11:28:49 »
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!
Show Image

Show Image

These additions are fantastic! So glad I got in for this beautiful set, and super excited to get it.

Offline WHeisenberg

« Reply #175 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 12:52:46 »
Sweet! All aboard the hype train, choo choo!!

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 13:23:38 »
Wow great additions. I didn't think it would be anywhere near that many.

Offline nephlock

« Reply #177 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 13:27:03 »
Wow great additions. I didn't think it would be anywhere near that many.

Because we shot WELL over 1,000 with the extras, we were able to push for a few more. I'm glad you guys are on board with them!

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #178 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 13:43:53 »
Wow, 40% support! I'm so pleased! (If I'd known in time that this would happen I'd have considered the spacebar kit more seriously.... oh well...)

Offline geekit

« Reply #179 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 18:50:45 »
Fantastic additions. Thank you nephlock, novelkeys & GMK!

I thought the novelty would be M (for Metropolis), or a traffic light icon, but that N is pretty cool, like.. Neopolis :D

Offline snelltrail

« Reply #180 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 19:25:36 »
Wow can't believe we got so many extra keys added! Thanks to you, Mike and GMK for such thoughtfulness and generosity, absolutely stoked with those 40s additions! :D :D
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 April 2019, 23:06:28 by snelltrail »

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #181 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 19:38:25 »
Great additions - will definitely rep the Nephlock novelty  ;)

Offline rejuvienate

« Reply #182 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 23:06:14 »
The 'N' logo novelty kind of looks like 2 arrows pointing in opposite direction as well. But yea an 'M' would look good too i reckon

Offline mta

« Reply #183 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 23:11:04 »
Wow, those are awesome additions to the set

Offline efenridiculous

« Reply #184 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 04:55:53 »
How do you find GB order number?

Offline stuey138

« Reply #185 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 04:59:02 »
How do you find GB order number?
Should be in your confirmation email after checking out.

Offline KeyCap75

« Reply #186 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 05:22:14 »
Joined at the last minute…had my eyes on it since the first IC-post…this set is too good to pass and with the additional keys, it's a must have  :eek: :cool:

Offline stuey138

« Reply #187 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 05:29:53 »
Last day to enter kf raffle, hope I win

Offline Bhk1004

« Reply #188 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 08:24:02 »
the new keycaps are awesome! thank you!

Also... what time will the raffle officially close? Asking so I know when to start violently refreshing my email....

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #189 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 09:26:57 »
Neph - I submitted the raffle form just now but I honestly have no idea if I'd already done it earlier during the GB (with so many GB raffles going on I didn't keep track properly of which ones I was entering).

It would be great if a multiple entry didn't necessarily disqualify you (but of course only a single entry should be used). If not, then sucks to be me.

Thanks for your kind consideration.

Offline nephlock

« Reply #190 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 12:33:48 »
Quick update on the Keyforge raffle. The form is now CLOSED, and the raffle will be taking place soon. We will still have to cross reference the wins with orders from all the vendors, so it may take a few days. Promise i will update everyone when invoices are finally going out! We will also announce the two winners of their free cap! Fingers crossed everyone!

Offline Bhk1004

« Reply #191 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 13:14:14 »
Quick update on the Keyforge raffle. The form is now CLOSED, and the raffle will be taking place soon. We will still have to cross reference the wins with orders from all the vendors, so it may take a few days. Promise i will update everyone when invoices are finally going out! We will also announce the two winners of their free cap! Fingers crossed everyone!

I am perfectly ok with you just announcing me as the winner right now to everyone... if it makes it easier for you... just saying... 3 days sounds like a lot of work... trying to help you out.

Offline Chaselicious17

« Reply #192 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 13:15:15 »

I am perfectly ok with you just announcing me as the winner right now to everyone... if it makes it easier for you... just saying... 3 days sounds like a lot of work... trying to help you out.
I like the cut of your gib, you've got my vote

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #193 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 13:20:29 »

Jib. This isn't a fps reference!

Offline Chaselicious17

« Reply #194 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 13:55:57 »

Jib. This isn't a fps reference!
:<

Offline Bhk1004

« Reply #195 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 23:20:43 »
The wait is so hard...

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
« Reply #196 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 23:22:15 »
I assume KF invoices are out?

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline nephlock

« Reply #197 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 23:30:49 »

Not yet. We’re still verifying the purchases with the entries. Should finish that out this weekend. I will update everyone as soon as the invoices start going out, and let you know when it’s been completed :)

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
« Reply #198 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 23:33:17 »

Not yet. We’re still verifying the purchases with the entries. Should finish that out this weekend. I will update everyone as soon as the invoices start going out, and let you know when it’s been completed :)

Ah coolio. Thanks for the update!

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline nephlock

Re: [GB] GMK Metropolis (GB Over. 1500 kits! Extra keys added!)
« Reply #199 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 22:15:49 »
Final update here for a while (likely until we receive the first round of color samples!) but i just wanted to let everyone know that the Keyforge invoices have been sent! Check your paypal peeps! and congrats to those that pulled the luck on these, they are superb.

We also FINALLY have all the numbers for this run! Across all vendors and extras, here's what we pulled!

Base   - 1504
Midnight - 280
Signs - 846
Blocks - 600

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: