Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4155954 times)

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #28101 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 17:03:05 »
Yeah cause that's helpful at all to someone who's in his position.

Well, it helps to be positive.

Yes it does. I never said it didn't.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28102 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 19:38:03 »
Revel in the fact that all your problems are still first world.

famine, lack of medical care, and homelessness are all first world problems? I'd of guessed they were universal.

Offline iri

« Reply #28103 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 03:25:44 »
Revel in the fact that all your problems are still first world.

famine, lack of medical care, and homelessness are all first world problems? I'd of guessed they were universal.
Homelessness is, outside Finland.

Also, you aren't starving :p
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Alga

« Reply #28104 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 05:42:44 »
So, my job is key-picker, and I'm working in a medical related company, so we are quite over our heads with work right now.
Sadly we are very under staffed because on one side we have upper management that doesn't want to invest in talent and we are in dire need of senior talent.

All of this results in a very stressful enviroment, not because I'm stressed for the workload (mine is very low because I'm very junior), but because my colleagues will start shouting at the screen for any random **** that triggers them.

In their defense we are working with a very complex system and the end users are mostly people that are quite illiterate on computer and digital enviroments.

But still, there is no friguin need to start shouting for nothing. Little hair I have left doesn't like stress

Offline yui

« Reply #28105 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 08:17:33 »
So, my job is key-picker, and I'm working in a medical related company, so we are quite over our heads with work right now.
Sadly we are very under staffed because on one side we have upper management that doesn't want to invest in talent and we are in dire need of senior talent.

All of this results in a very stressful enviroment, not because I'm stressed for the workload (mine is very low because I'm very junior), but because my colleagues will start shouting at the screen for any random **** that triggers them.

In their defense we are working with a very complex system and the end users are mostly people that are quite illiterate on computer and digital enviroments.

But still, there is no friguin need to start shouting for nothing. Little hair I have left doesn't like stress
feeling you, computer illiterate peoples can be annoying but no need to get all dovakin because of them, if the boss is a dip**** go dovakin on his ass :) and same issue here, everyone is doing 2 to 3 peoples jobs and so peoples break, and are instantly replaced... funny how until they break it is impossible to find anyone to help them but as soon as they do it become very easy to replace them... somewhat pissing me off too to be honest seeing peoples that i like being treated that way and nothing i do results in anything... well especially pissing me off that someone who helped me a lot got burned out doing 3 others jobs and got replaced in 3 days... and i failed to do anything to help her
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28106 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 19:53:56 »
What would probably be described as my emotional state is very strange today.  If you asked me any other day about the depression symptom "losing interest in things you used to enjoy" I'd have said I don't really get that involved so there was little to lose but today the disconnection is on a whole other level.  I'm failing to expand or explain this any better so the rest of my rambling has been deleted, just hope I feel "better" in the morning.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #28107 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 21:06:59 »
What would probably be described as my emotional state is very strange today.  If you asked me any other day about the depression symptom "losing interest in things you used to enjoy" I'd have said I don't really get that involved so there was little to lose but today the disconnection is on a whole other level.  I'm failing to expand or explain this any better so the rest of my rambling has been deleted, just hope I feel "better" in the morning.

Join an MMORPG ?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28108 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 03:58:05 »

Join an MMORPG ?

I did spend four hours last night playing a game, I haven't enjoyed the game for a long time but it's free and offers pointless rewards for winning.  Average game takes maybe ten minutes and no way was I going to bed without getting the three wins required.  I could have done anything, this is what I chose to do :confused:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

« Reply #28109 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 12:52:28 »

Join an MMORPG ?

I did spend four hours last night playing a game, I haven't enjoyed the game for a long time but it's free and offers pointless rewards for winning.  Average game takes maybe ten minutes and no way was I going to bed without getting the three wins required.  I could have done anything, this is what I chose to do :confused:
hopefully you get better, maybe a few peoples will have broken boards and need help :) and yeah sometimes games help to forget but never found it helped in the long run... so i stopped playing, mostly. and drinking does not look to be a long term solution either. soon everything should go back to normal :) and we need you.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28110 on: Sun, 22 November 2020, 19:25:50 »
It bothers me how money is a human construct designed to artificially restrict the potential of human beings.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28111 on: Mon, 23 November 2020, 14:36:56 »
When you buy a $1000 phone or some other expensive electronic and all they give you is a less than 1ft cord  >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28112 on: Mon, 23 November 2020, 18:21:54 »
for hdmi 2.1 they're really struggling to give people cables, because long 2.1 cables are really expensive to make.

Offline yui

« Reply #28113 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 05:33:50 »
for hdmi 2.1 they're really struggling to give people cables, because long 2.1 cables are really expensive to make.
ok for cheap electronics but for premium stuff like the Samsung or Apple that mark up to 80% there is no real reasons for it not to include a decent cable in the box other than maximum profit... greed to the max

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #28114 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 06:09:58 »
Back in my day, we just took the magazines out of our dads bedside table.

Offline Alga

« Reply #28115 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 01:51:25 »
It bothers me how money is a human construct designed to artificially restrict the potential of human beings.

I disagree. Money will allow you to grow as a human beeing, with money you can pay for people to teach you trades, or travel and learn from other places. Money has allowed humanity to grow as one. Onces we all switched from a trade base system with no agreed value on things to a markup value we all "agree" on and it's the same for every one things have the same value for all of us.

I'd say that money and capitalism has made different social classes more distinct, either you are rich or you are not, and restrics a lot of human beings. But it also provides a chance to grow if you are smart.

Offline yui

« Reply #28116 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 03:16:02 »

I disagree. Money will allow you to grow as a human beeing, with money you can pay for people to teach you trades, or travel and learn from other places. Money has allowed humanity to grow as one. Onces we all switched from a trade base system with no agreed value on things to a markup value we all "agree" on and it's the same for every one things have the same value for all of us.

I'd say that money and capitalism has made different social classes more distinct, either you are rich or you are not, and restrics a lot of human beings. But it also provides a chance to grow if you are smart.
money has not allowed humanity to grow as one, ever, it always as been a way to segregate and keep an elite healthy, and money did not remove the trade system, it is just that you trade for money, there is still not agreed values, else capitalism as failed (well it has, surprised?) i have read somewhere that in a few places the 1st form of bankers got lapidated to death because, well they went ahead and start money making schemes. until governments understood they could take control of that and become even more powerful.

Offline Alga

« Reply #28117 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 07:31:59 »
money has not allowed humanity to grow as one, ever, it always as been a way to segregate and keep an elite healthy, and money did not remove the trade system, it is just that you trade for money, there is still not agreed values, else capitalism as failed (well it has, surprised?) i have read somewhere that in a few places the 1st form of bankers got lapidated to death because, well they went ahead and start money making schemes. until governments understood they could take control of that and become even more powerful.

But rich people and elites have existed from before a common currency was created. And luxuries too. For example if I was a peasant and only had vegies to trade and I want some game meat, tha meant trading 10 coliflowers for a pice of meat, but if you had chickens you only had to pay 2, but how many chickens do I get for my vegies?? (I hope I make my point here).

Money is a physic form of an abstract concept which is the common value of an item. When I say "a price we all agree to" I don't mean we all decide the price, rather we all pay the same amount for it. So now a piece of meat is worth X, a chicken is worth X/3 and a cauliflower X/8. And we all can get it through the medium that is money.

And I understand the fact that the value of money fluctuates and so do prices, inflation, economic crisis, etc, But is beyond my point.

Capitalism is a delicate system. I don't understand what you mean by  that it has failed. I don't think it has, capitalism is about selfgeneration of wealth and property. It's a very unfair system, money certainly can bring forth the worst in people, but there are those who have money and help those who doesn't. That's why I don't think money or capitalism are at fault of the errors of humanity, only humanity can be.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 November 2020, 07:35:42 by Alga »

Offline SmoothFaces

« Reply #28118 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 19:13:05 »
It bothers me that you're bothered. Is that a thing? ;D

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #28119 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 12:16:46 »
Can’t find my damn promicros that I ordered last month 😤

Offline yui

« Reply #28120 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 01:44:57 »
i am starting to wonder if i am strange or if it is normal to feel more anger when someone bad mouth someone you rather like when they are not here than if they bad mouth myself...

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28121 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 06:19:06 »
i am starting to wonder if i am strange or if it is normal to feel more anger when someone bad mouth someone you rather like when they are not here than if they bad mouth myself...

Do you dislike that they're badmouthing someone who can't defend themself or do you dislike a nice person being badmouthed or do you just find badmouthing in general bad?

While there is no 'normal' when it comes to most things there are definitely patterns, the above options correlate to personality types in the Enneagram if you're bored and interested in such things.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

« Reply #28122 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 08:19:30 »

Do you dislike that they're badmouthing someone who can't defend themself or do you dislike a nice person being badmouthed or do you just find badmouthing in general bad?

While there is no 'normal' when it comes to most things there are definitely patterns, the above options correlate to personality types in the Enneagram if you're bored and interested in such things.

i am not bored, given that right now i am work 2 jobs, and to be honest i feel it is both that she can't defend herself and that she does not deserve what is told of her, she overworked herself to death, burnt out and now peoples that not even do full days are being ****s about it... and she is definitely nice.
i do not think that overall badmouthing is bad, especially with friends, but not of peoples who can't defend themselves, and especially not when it is not deserved.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28123 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 09:29:25 »

i am not bored, given that right now i am work 2 jobs, and to be honest i feel it is both that she can't defend herself and that she does not deserve what is told of her, she overworked herself to death, burnt out and now peoples that not even do full days are being ****s about it... and she is definitely nice.
i do not think that overall badmouthing is bad, especially with friends, but not of peoples who can't defend themselves, and especially not when it is not deserved.

//Hughmahnnss, what do you expect.. ?

Offline yui

« Reply #28124 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 10:12:23 »
//Hughmahnnss, what do you expect.. ?
some decency, and a sense of honor, you do not fight with a disarmed opponent, unless he explicitly ask for it... but i guess it is too much

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28125 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 10:40:02 »
some decency, and a sense of honor, you do not fight with a disarmed opponent, unless he explicitly ask for it... but i guess it is too much

At some point on the internet , you feel that most hughmahns are kinda stupid.  Then 70Million 'muricans vote for Drumph thus confirming your posit.  That's basically 1/3 adults.

It's important to have low expectations and plan for the reality-tv outcome, because turns out that's canon.

Offline iri

« Reply #28126 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 16:31:00 »
she overworked herself to death
didn't know that happens in France
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline yui

« Reply #28127 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 00:58:11 »
she overworked herself to death
didn't know that happens in France
well death was an exaggeration, but she did 7am to 7pm (instead of the 7 30am to 5pm that our contracts dictate) pretty much everyday, and although illegal her manager did nothing to stop her or help her, instead giving her more work and so pushing the problem further... so she ain't dead but only sick of it. and as it was not mandated overtime she is not even paid for it.
Officially it is illegal but employers exploit peoples that hate to leave peoples hanging because it is the end of the day, it is what it is, i am lucky that my manager do not push me in the same direction, rather the opposite.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28128 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 15:51:13 »
Went to buy a pizza online to see if my 'new' credit card works (had it 18 months without using it), got to the screen where the extra security thing is supposed to appear and instead got a 'javascript disabled' message with a 'return to vendor' button.  So that means verification failed please try again, right?  No - I got the 'thanks for your order' screen and it has arrived so seems the payment went through.  I then used the same card to buy a mobile phone and on this expensive purchase there was no extra verification screen, broken or otherwise.

What is the point of 'security' when it's easy to bypass if it shows up at all?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28129 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 16:00:32 »
Went to buy a pizza online to see if my 'new' credit card works (had it 18 months without using it), got to the screen where the extra security thing is supposed to appear and instead got a 'javascript disabled' message with a 'return to vendor' button.  So that means verification failed please try again, right?  No - I got the 'thanks for your order' screen and it has arrived so seems the payment went through.  I then used the same card to buy a mobile phone and on this expensive purchase there was no extra verification screen, broken or otherwise.

What is the point of 'security' when it's easy to bypass if it shows up at all?

gotta buy dat ifone, and use applepay.. everything wurks gud'

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28130 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 16:08:34 »

Is that the phone swipe thing?  Not sure how that works online...

No iphone for me, finally bought a pro1 X with ubuntu touch.  Hoping my current phone survives 'til March!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28131 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 16:26:24 »

Is that the phone swipe thing?  Not sure how that works online...

No iphone for me, finally bought a pro1 X with ubuntu touch.  Hoping my current phone survives 'til March!

Noice....

Apple is for rich people anyway , dun' work for proletariat hax0rz.

Offline yui

« Reply #28132 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 01:40:04 »

Apple is for rich people anyway , dun' work for proletariat hax0rz.

well old iphone worked pretty well for hackers, the nefarious kind, they were quite easy to brick to say the least, just forge a message with a time of 0 and the phone would brick itself, if i remember right there were other very fatal flaws but this one is the one i remember best :)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28133 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 11:42:12 »
old iphone(s) were quite easy to brick ... just forge a message with a time of 0 and the phone would brick itself
There are some things you have to wonder what someone was trying to do to discover them - this is definitely one of those things.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

« Reply #28134 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 12:13:47 »
if i remember correctly it's someone why set its time at 0 by mistake, and then it was discovered that time 0 bricked iphones

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28135 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 12:32:00 »
You know that thing where right when you are about to leave the house you suddenly need to poop real bad? That's your body telling you never to go outside.

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #28136 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 12:43:04 »
You know that thing where right when you are about to leave the house you suddenly need to poop real bad? That's your body telling you never to go outside.

I actually get that right before I'm supposed to go to the gym.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28137 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 12:50:52 »
Read this has to do with sitting all day. and then the sudden pressure change when the pipes unkink.

Offline iri

« Reply #28138 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 14:30:11 »

It's better to lift with empty bowels, isn't it.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #28139 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 14:41:40 »
At least you'll feel lighter while working out, lol.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Alga

« Reply #28140 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 04:09:20 »

I get that always. I actually have an appointment with the doctor for that because it makes my life quite uncomfortable. I have plan things and when to eat regarding when I will go to the bathroom or where will one be available (one where I won't get something worse that is).

Offline Kavik

« Reply #28141 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 10:54:34 »

Lol, yes, sharting while squatting is not fun.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #28142 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 13:42:19 »

Nope it's not but it definitely happens.

Offline jamster

« Reply #28143 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 21:00:14 »

That's a universal truth, right there.

Gyms closed here yesterday, for the second third time.

I've now gone through two three total fitness resets where I managed to go from scratch to a level of competence where I am not just piss-farting around and need to start paying attention to diet. It takes several months of frustration to build back up each time.

First reset was due to an extraordinarily painful injury, second was from covid-related gym closures.

Just as I built back up to a (for me) competent level, gyms closed again yesterday.

There has not been a single case of transmission via gyms here- the vast majority of transmissions have been households, restaurants/bars, dumbasses breaking the rules by holding massive social events, or otherwise failing in basic common sense.

I realise that complaining about gym closures is very much a first world problem, and that others have a lot more going on, but this was my one remaining (and already unsatisfactory) outlet for relieving stress as all my other outlets have slowly shut down one by one.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2020, 11:15:08 by jamster »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28144 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 21:16:35 »
Tp4's 2021 plan,  Eat Carbs and Dun'Xercise, Xercise is d'Devil

Little Nicky needs to come out on 4K bluray.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #28145 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 10:24:13 »

Rough personal experience?

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Kavik

« Reply #28146 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 13:06:10 »

Rough personal experience?

Lol, yes, I think anyone who has been lifting heavy for a while has experienced this. There's a big stiff belt squeezing your guts while you clench your abs with full lungs and squat. It's inevitable at some point. The important thing is to accept it and not let it startle you. The first time I tooted while squatting at a public gym I was surprised and embarrassed, which caused me to lose tension in my abs and fail the rep. I can't remember if I hurt myself too. So many people have headphones in that it's unlikely someone would hear anyway. Smelling may be another story. I have a home gym now, so I can poop my pants while squatting in the privacy of my own home.

That brings me to thing that's bothering me. I'm tired of my biology holding me back from getting anything done. "Oh, I'm hungry," "I need to use the toilet," "I'm thirsty," "I'm tired," "I don't feel well," "It hurts when I do this," "I don't feel like it." Every day just feels like satisfying my body's needs while trying to squeeze little bits of real things in-between.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #28147 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 06:50:36 »
I keep procrastinating on my english essay and i am afraid that it will be too late, it is due on tuesday

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28148 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 08:51:32 »

Every day just feels like satisfying my body's needs while trying to squeeze little bits of real things in-between.

Spoken like a true First World Warrior.

State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #28149 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 13:47:19 »

Every day just feels like satisfying my body's needs while trying to squeeze little bits of real things in-between.

Spoken like a true First World Warrior.

I'm not sure what that means. Do people in non-NATO countries not have to pee, poop, eat, and sleep every day?