Author Topic: Booper Makes Keycaps! - HACK'D BOOPS!  (Read 4137701 times)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
Re: booper's sale thread! Now over!
« Reply #200 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 15:35:54 »

just throwing another...logical progression...out there  :p
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #201 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 15:40:17 »
Show Image

Haha, yea... this is something Binge and I talked about doing a while ago. I'm still trying to figure out how to make it work but I hope I can pull it off one day!
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #202 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 15:42:16 »
Show Image

Haha, yea... this is something Binge and I talked about doing a while ago. I'm still trying to figure out how to make it work but I hope I can pull it off one day!

I should have known you'd already considered it. You guys are all way ahead of me  :p I'll leave the artistic creation up to the actual artists haha

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #203 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 15:46:32 »
Alliteration is awesome. :) I'm partial to Aquatic Piffles, though. Piffles. I keep saying it. :)) Hopefully I can name some more caps in the future. It's a fun little exercise.

The name Aquatic Piffles makes me think of a sad monkey who's been out in the rain so is dripping wet for some reason!  I bet you had a lot of fun and they're so apparently random (yet some do have spacey themes) so I hope you get to do more :)

Exactly, maybe a Kiss line?  who else could we monkey up?

I was thinking maybe some wrestlers but from pics they changed too often to be instantly recognisable.  Same with Marilyn Manson...  There are a couple of metal bands but they're not popular enough with the masses to be appropriate as a prize.

Coming up with more is much harder than I thought :(
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #204 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 15:47:35 »
Show Image

I should have known you'd already considered it. You guys are all way ahead of me  :p I'll leave the artistic creation up to the actual artists haha

Psh! I love suggestions. You never know which ones haven't been thought of!

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
    • RoastPotatoes Keyboard Blog
« Reply #205 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 16:38:41 »
Out of interest, how many bitcoin sales did you make?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #206 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 17:28:06 »
Shipping notices going out.

Here comes me sticker!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #207 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 17:29:06 »

Here comes me sticker!
Forgot I was even getting a sticker with this, now I'm even more excited. Should be good.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
Re: booper's sale thread! Now LIVE!
« Reply #208 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 17:33:00 »
Never expected to get a cap the guys at the record store will oogle over  :eek:

That is the highest compliment I believe I know how to give right now :D

Haha, that's a pretty big compliment! Thank you! :D

I'm happy to wait for you to get a smaller box or pay extra for shipping as long as I'm not looking at a big charge from customs as well, you were trying to be friendly to us foreigners so I guess the bill will soon add up!

What determines how much customs charges? Is there a way I can keep that cost down?

I'll probably just buy smaller bubble mailers when I go to send the caps. I live in a tiny town though that usually doesn't have much in terms of shipping supplies at the post office. I'll know more on Monday! And like I mentioned, I'll be happy to refund a few bucks to the internationals if I can ship it for cheaper!

if you mark the package as $20 value, iutll get through customs charges fine, ideally mark it as a gift but thats totally up to you
Ohh sorry did we get a word on this as it is at the moment UK folks would need to pay £8ish for it on arrival :X
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 17:34:00 »

Here comes me sticker!

All these artisans killin' it with stickers, recently. 

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #210 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 17:34:37 »
Ohh sorry did we get a word on this as it is at the moment UK folks would need to pay £8ish for it on arrival :X

Holy ****. Dump some tea in the harbor or something.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #211 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 17:35:51 »

What? O>O
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #212 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 17:51:08 »

Seemed to work fine for us  :))

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #213 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 17:56:05 »

Booper wanted to help and Bunny told her how - pretty sure we're good :thumb:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #214 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 18:58:08 »

None! Only 1 person I think even opted for it. haha.  :(

Here comes me sticker!

Yeaaa... Everything CONUS is boxed and ready to go out in the morning! I started to do the shipping labels through paypal, but then realized I'll probably run out of ink soon if I go that route so no more notifications for tonight

Booper wanted to help and Bunny told her how - pretty sure we're good :thumb:

I went and got the bubble mailers today for the international shipments since they will be cheaper than the small boxes. I'm going to declare them gifts under $20 so hopefully they won't cost you guys extra. Hoping to get them all out tomorrow as well!

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
    • RoastPotatoes Keyboard Blog
« Reply #215 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 19:42:39 »

I believe I was that one :) Is it too early to ask if you ever might sell anything in the future again?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #216 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 19:56:06 »
I went and got the bubble mailers today for the international shipments since they will be cheaper than the small boxes. I'm going to declare them gifts under $20 so hopefully they won't cost you guys extra. Hoping to get them all out tomorrow as well!

Your little post office came through!  Thanks for sorting everything so quickly :D
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #217 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 01:15:35 »
Wonder how long these will take to get to Australia! Can't wait!  :thumb:

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #218 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 05:28:11 »

Thank you ^^

Also congratulations on the maker mark too I don't think you had it before anyway O.o
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline pcolly2509

• Running after his wallet since 2015
    • My youtube
« Reply #219 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 17:01:50 »
Woop woop! So hyped for this. Have you shipped them yet and do you know what their estimated shipping to UK is? Your first sale seems to have been super successful, nice one booper!  :thumb:
PS your Instagram is really cool
Poker II, MX Browns

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #220 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 17:11:16 »

Your little post office came through!  Thanks for sorting everything so quickly :D

Well, Office Depot came through! haha. ;P

I believe I was that one :) Is it too early to ask if you ever might sell anything in the future again?

Probably at some point! not sure exactly when though.

Woop woop! So hyped for this. Have you shipped them yet and do you know what their estimated shipping to UK is? Your first sale seems to have been super successful, nice one booper!  :thumb:

I have shipped out all the CONUS and most of the International. I have about 6 left I think which I'll send out in the morning. I'm not sure how long shipping will be to the UK. The people at the post office weren't very friendly so I didn't ask many questions. I will ask tomorrow though!

Also THANKS! I'm thrilled with how it went. I'm surprised how many people entered and I'm glad I was able to finally send some stuff out!!

Oh, and, most of the international shipping ended up being $7.10 so I'll be doing some partial refunds for shipping tonight/tomorrow. XD XD

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #221 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 17:25:48 »

Shipping a cap US to UK takes anywhere from four days to three weeks, depending which way the wind's blowing (it's probably not that but it's no more predictable!)  If the package is correctly valued it takes a week while they print the customs charges on a sticker and stick it on, but Booper's been friendly (thanks Booper!) so hopefully these will be on the quicker end :)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #222 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 01:31:50 »
How do we know when our cap has been shipped/arrived?

Offline graefeln

« Reply #223 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 10:15:47 »
I posted over in the 'What came in the mail today thread', but wanted to post here to let you know that my cap came today!
It's super nice looking Booper.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #224 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 10:27:20 »
I posted over in the 'What came in the mail today thread', but wanted to post here to let you know that my cap came today!

I don't know where Booper is located but I'm east coast so I'll check soon to see if mine came in the mail, was it shipped by USPS?
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline graefeln

« Reply #225 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 10:31:38 »

I don't know where Booper is located but I'm east coast so I'll check soon to see if mine came in the mail, was it shipped by USPS?

Yup - USPS. She is central time zone I believe, but depending on where you are, it may be there today; if not, I wouldn't expect it to be too much longer. The photos really don't do them justice; they are beautiful caps.

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
  • If you wanna b my lover, u gotta get w/ my friends
« Reply #226 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 11:07:29 »

Yup - USPS. She is central time zone I believe, but depending on where you are, it may be there today; if not, I wouldn't expect it to be too much longer. The photos really don't do them justice; they are beautiful caps.

Yes, she's central. I'm 1 state over from her and I don't have mine yet- so don't worry too much

Offline graefeln

« Reply #227 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 11:15:31 »

Yes, she's central. I'm 1 state over from her and I don't have mine yet- so don't worry too much

There is like 3 states between her and I (TN, KY, IL) and I got mine before you - I swear, I will never understand USPS!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #228 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 11:27:25 »

Just checked, mine came in the mail. ;D
114525-0
114529-1
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 October 2015, 11:28:58 by Steezus »

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #229 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 11:31:48 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Jelly! Awesome haul, congrats  :thumb:

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #230 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 11:33:40 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Thanks, still waiting on my hyperfuse, zealios, and orion v2 and then my build is complete. I forgot to mention how awesome the caps look in real life, great job Boops! :thumb:

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #231 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 11:37:52 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

soooooooooooooooooo jealous. That looks amazing

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #232 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 11:47:33 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Thanks, still waiting on my hyperfuse, zealios, and orion v2 and then my build is complete. I forgot to mention how awesome the caps look in real life, great job Boops! :thumb:

That is going to be one sick setup! Remember to post lots of pics  :D

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #233 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 11:50:32 »
When do I get to start a post your boops thread?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #234 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 12:06:22 »
When do I get to start a post your boops thread?

If you check the media forum I think you should be able to find the one Dustin made awhile back :thumb:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #235 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 12:21:00 »
omfg i wanted a monkey so bad  :)

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #236 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 12:45:00 »
How do we know when our cap has been shipped/arrived?

CONUS was all shipped on Monday as well as some of the international and the remainder of the internationals went out yesterday! If you don't get it in a few days, let me know and I'll look up the tracking for you :)

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Aww! YAY! It's so cool to see pictures of them in their new home!! Can't wait to see more!!  ;D

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #237 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 13:30:37 »
Boop= lemme just say- awesome packaging!! Those bags in the pics above look great!

Offline ironpup

• Good feeling of oneness with cup rubber
« Reply #238 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 15:16:10 »
hot damn, great job on the packaging, I've bought stuff from major companies with worse. And hot damn again on the cap, pics just don't do them justice
(but here's a pic anyway out of excitement) 

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #239 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 19:12:14 »
hot damn, great job on the packaging, I've bought stuff from major companies with worse. And hot damn again on the cap, pics just don't do them justice
(but here's a pic anyway out of excitement) 
Show Image

A lone Cosmonaut exploring the outer reaches of a bright, empty wasteland - how fitting :)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline studyourheart

« Reply #240 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 22:41:38 »
Here's a photo of mine in it's new home. Thanks Booper for the sale!!114578-0

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #241 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 09:29:02 »
Got my stickers (and keycap) last night. Thanks, boop!

Offline pcolly2509

• My youtube
« Reply #242 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 02:15:32 »
Here's a photo of mine in it's new home. Thanks Booper for the sale!! (Attachment Link)
I was like wait what that's mine. Then I realised there was more than one of each. Looks so good really hyped for mine!
Poker II, MX Browns

Offline RenegadeParadox

« Reply #243 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 11:48:29 »
I got my Tungsten Twinkle the other day but I can't find an SD chip reader to get the photos off my DSLR. Looks great (take my word for it till then). Thank you so much, one hell of an awesome artisan for my 1st one. Hope I don't go broke collecting these.

Offline Jhonan

• Chicks love duck pics...
« Reply #244 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 14:55:57 »
Congrats to those who got in :)  Looking forward to your next one Booper, these look fantastic.

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #245 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 16:28:41 »
Here's a photo of mine in it's new home. Thanks Booper for the sale!! (Attachment Link)

Super jealous. Looks great!

Offline pcolly2509

• My youtube
« Reply #246 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 10:54:56 »
Hey boop do you think you could look up the tracking for mine? Sorry to nag but I'm so excited... dw if it's a pain to do :)
Poker II, MX Browns

Offline tchevass

• open wide
« Reply #247 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 11:53:41 »
I can't wait get mine !!
I want clacks

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #248 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 13:42:46 »
Since I'm still waiting for my hyperfuse set I wanted to put at least one of my new caps to use. :D
115004-0

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #249 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:18:21 »
Since I'm still waiting for my hyperfuse set I wanted to put at least one of my new caps to use. :D
(Attachment Link)

Ohh very nice! :)

CMY seems to work with everything too!

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!