Unsticky both threads
4 (44.4%)
Leave Task Chair, unsticky Ergodox
2 (22.2%)
Leave Ergodox, unsticky Task Chair
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: Wed, 12 March 2014, 03:31:29

Author Topic: [poll] Sticky threads  (Read 2044 times)

Offline hoggy

[poll] Sticky threads
« on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 02:29:24 »
Any objections to unsticking a few threads?

I'm considering removing the sticky from
  • Ergodox pointer
  • The Ergonomic Task Chair Guide & Discussion

The Ergonomic Task Chair Guide & Discussion is linked to in the Ergo guide thread.  The Ergodox is mentioned throughout the subforum.

If there are threads you think should be stickied, please let me know.

« Last Edit: Wed, 05 March 2014, 02:32:01 by hoggy »
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline jacobolus

Re: [poll] Sticky threads
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 03:20:04 »
It’s a real tragedy that there isn’t a consolidated solid collection of information about the Ergodox, including assembly instructions, advice about possible firmware, advice about different mods/accessories with lots of pictures, alternate designs, etc. etc.

The ergodox website is very bare-bones, and lots of the most useful info is hosted by Massdrop, where no one else can improve it.

Nonetheless, I think it’s worth leaving the ergodox pointer stickied. Or alternately there could be a thread of overall ergo advice, with links / descriptions of several popular options in the first post.

Offline hoggy

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 11:43:56 »
It’s a real tragedy that there isn’t a consolidated solid collection of information about the Ergodox, including assembly instructions, advice about possible firmware, advice about different mods/accessories with lots of pictures, alternate designs, etc. etc.

The ergodox website is very bare-bones, and lots of the most useful info is hosted by Massdrop, where no one else can improve it.

Nonetheless, I think it’s worth leaving the ergodox pointer stickied. Or alternately there could be a thread of overall ergo advice, with links / descriptions of several popular options in the first post.

Well, it's why I asked first. :)

Two of the stickied threads are intended to exactly as you suggest

Admittedly, they are a work in progress.  If they aren't obvious, then perhaps we need to alter them a bit.

I think a thread on the Ergodox as you've described would be a wonderful idea - do you fancy starting it off?  [edit] If you get it off the ground I'd happily sticky it.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 19:35:01 »
The problem with the first of those threads is that the first post isn’t a guide, it’s just a list of links. (What’s there is helpful, but it’s not really going to give a sufficient overview to a newcomer)

Ideally a “guide” has not only structure, but also paragraphs of advice, pictures, etc.

This is where a site (e.g. a wiki) with multiple arbitrarily-hyperlinked pages is a much more powerful format than just a forum post using the typical crappy php forum software; in-depth material can be easily split into multiple pages, there are many page design/formatting options, etc.

Offline SonOfSonOfSpock

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 21:20:39 »
I concur about the Ergodox pointer. Keep it stickied or have it inside a larger "Ergo Advice" post that is stickied.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 00:17:20 »
goodbye ergodox. (i don't believe there should be a stickied thread for just one device, made no sense)