Author Topic: [IC] JTK Red Riot [GB MAY 1]  (Read 42847 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: [IC] JTK Red Riot [RENDER IN]
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 01:57:56 »
Is this still the same red as JTK White on Red "Coca-Cola" theme? Is the color accurate to that JTK render?

the same red, yeah

dunno about color accuracy, haven't seen it in person yet

they sent me a cola set, actually, but it's still in transit
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 09:25:20 »
thanks pudddddsy - i think the red is darker than you had envisioned from the start - but its perfect for me

does JTK not make scoooooops?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 10:49:34 »
thanks pudddddsy - i think the red is darker than you had envisioned from the start - but its perfect for me

They do not have scoops. I asked.

I'm still pretty happy with the color. I'll make a final judgement once the sample set comes in, but I think JTK's standard red will be OK for this.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #153 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 12:21:41 »

I'm still pretty happy with the color. I'll make a final judgement once the sample set comes in, but I think JTK's standard red will be OK for this.

and no windowed caps?

Still a great price though, interested in how the samples come out

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 12:24:27 »

or windowed caps?

They have those, but I was told they are difficult to produce reliably. Since the switch to JTK was meant to keep costs down, they're not in this round. Adding 2 R1 1u blanks, windowed full caps, and a windowed stepped caps would add about $7 to the base cost of the set. I like the even $50 we have now.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #155 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 12:31:04 »

Thanks for the reply, good to know! Still looking forward to the set, and FWIW I wouldn't mind paying 7 bucks for the windowed caps  ;D :thumb:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #156 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 12:34:17 »

Thanks for the reply, good to know! Still looking forward to the set, and FWIW I wouldn't mind paying 7 bucks for the windowed caps  ;D :thumb:

i might run some JTK accents later, depending on the results of yolch

we'll see

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
Re: [IC] JTK Red Riot [GB MAY 1]
« Reply #157 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 11:39:26 »

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #158 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 12:12:20 »
I have literally owned JTK set with scoops

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #159 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 12:15:39 »

Which?

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #160 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 12:21:06 »

Which?
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71630.0
And after a quick look at the JTK sets on originativeco.com, those have them too.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #161 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 12:51:11 »

Which?
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71630.0
And after a quick look at the JTK sets on originativeco.com, those have them too.

I'll ask again, maybe the molds changed since those were made.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #162 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 12:53:24 »
https://www.originativeco.com/products/toxic

this set was just ran with both bars and scoops.

Would be awesome to get both here, but wont be a deal breaker

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #163 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 12:58:27 »
i don't want to speak for puddsy...and i would be a hypocrite and a liar if i said he didn't deserve a little ribbing on his projects...but i would assume if they said no it is because they don't have blank scoops...and would required a little extra sauce to make it happen...i agree scoops are king...but the tone of this thread seams to be keepn the cost as low as possible

i saw the render on krelbits site...it looks crimson compared to some of the renders posted in the thread and look better imo

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #164 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 10:47:46 »
Just a little update about scoops: It seems like there's a little bit of a language barrier in conveying what they are, so I think that might be why they said they didn't have them before. I asked for pricing on them, I think we might have to get some other extras along with them, so it may add about $7-10 to the final cost of the set. I'll keep this thread updated.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #165 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 14:44:27 »
Still well in for this. Got two boards coming I reckon it'll look great on.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #166 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 20:46:07 »
ok so the set already has scoops in it, mystery solved

i should have guessed, since yolch has scoops in the render he sent me
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 April 2018, 20:50:38 by Puddsy »

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #167 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 21:02:38 »
nice, now to wait 4 weeks till gb start

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 16:40:12 »
i don't remember where someone asked me, but they asked about changing the nubbin to a bar on the numpad key

turns out it's the same issue with the accent keys in yolch: they're molded at the same time as other stuff, so there would have to be a bunch of other stuff tacked on that we don't really need and would add more cost then intended

so we're stuck with the numpad nubbin

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #169 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 01:02:59 »
192942-0

more renders incoming, will be added to OP soon

featuring the new color and better lighting than hiney did before

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #170 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 12:49:50 »
192999-0193001-1193003-2193005-3

here are some hineybush renders

Offline gizmoplex

« Reply #171 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 23:37:25 »
Is it possible to add 6u spacebar?

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #172 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 02:00:09 »
Yes, but not without a cost for everyone involved with the buy.

In its current state, this set is like, 90% finalized for sale. The introduction of any keys to this set would push the price of the whole thing up by $3-4. Since we're trying to run this for a fairly low price introducing keys is pretty much out of the question at this point.

Offline gizmoplex

« Reply #173 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 05:06:54 »

In its current state, this set is like, 90% finalized for sale. The introduction of any keys to this set would push the price of the whole thing up by $3-4. Since we're trying to run this for a fairly low price introducing keys is pretty much out of the question at this point.

Ah I see. Totally understand. Probably should've mention it early on. It's just I have this one particular board (the only board that I own with 6u spacebar) that I think will look pretty badass with red riot. But still considering to join this GB though with or without the 6u, the price is a steal!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #174 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 12:37:11 »

what he said

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #175 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 14:42:06 »
Hey bud - how long will the GB be open and how long is the estimated time frame for production?

Are the layouts in OP final?

cheers, gl excited

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #176 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 15:22:38 »
Hey bud - how long will the GB be open and how long is the estimated time frame for production?

Are the layouts in OP final?

cheers, gl excited

may 1 to may 28

lead time ~3 months, hopefully less

layout in the JTK render in OP is final

Offline megaforce

« Reply #177 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 16:20:46 »
hi sir where are the nipples
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 00:26:34 »
 why does JTK have production periods?

Asking because i think maxkey seems to have something similar, and curious as to why.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #179 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 18:22:47 »
why does JTK have production periods?

Asking because i think maxkey seems to have something similar, and curious as to why.

they don't own the factory, so they have to buy production time in blocks

they can do it whenever (or whenever the factory has capacity for it), but since they don't do year round production, they don't need to own all the machines and stuff

this also plays into the theory that maxkey made new tooling, rather than the other theory that they bought/found old SP tooling

at least that's how i understand it from what they told me, i'll ask them if there's anything i need to clarify

i believe they're working up to a full scale factory, they showed me some stuff they're working on, it's worth getting excited about

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #180 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 13:30:15 »
EU and China proxies are confirmed. Caps-Unlocked.com for the Europeans, and zFrontier for China.

Product pages coming soon. 

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #181 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 13:32:02 »
Will CU mark the price up loads again?

For GMK Doom it was cheaper to buy from NA and import instead of someone in the same country.

Good to see stuff moving though. ;D

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #182 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 16:05:06 »

For GMK Doom it was cheaper to buy from NA and import instead of someone in the same country.

Should be about 50 GBP for Red Riot (have to double check this one, seems a lil high), and 80 GBP for Yolch at lowest MOQ.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #183 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 16:14:05 »

Should be about 50 GBP for Red Riot (have to double check this one, seems a lil high), and 80 GBP for Yolch at lowest MOQ.

Good to hear.

Lowest MOQ meaning 100 or 400? Presume 100.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #184 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 16:26:20 »

Good to hear.

Lowest MOQ meaning 100 or 400? Presume 100.

yeah, 100

and those prices are VAT included

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #185 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 00:31:44 »