Author Topic: best wired/wireless 60% keyboards?  (Read 944 times)

Offline Danny356

best wired/wireless 60% keyboards?
« on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 23:12:48 »
I find i practically never use anything except the alphanumerical part of my keyboard

I don't need any RGBs and would actually prefer a completely blank keyboard with a solid metal base if possible preferably MX browns. any recommendations?

i cam across this http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/mechanical-keyboard/wasd-vp3-61-key-custom-mechanical-keyboard.html but would like to hear some other recommendations especially with wireless

I'm worried about latency issues potentially with wireless but from what I've been told wireless tech has improved a lot since i last tried it back in 2011 or so.

Offline lolafineday

Re: best wired/wireless 60% keyboards?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 09:26:40 »
Check the interest check for Polaris

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline swedishpiehole

Re: best wired/wireless 60% keyboards?
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 11:58:25 »
The Anne Pro 2 is a solid wireless choice at a great ($80) price point. You can find it in various MX, Gateron, or Kailh versions. The case is plastic, but you could probably find a metal case that would be compatible (it just needs to have room for the battery). As for keycaps, you can easily find a blank set for it.

If money is no object, consider the Leopold FC660C or the HHKB. Both have plastic cases, but you can find really nice metal cases for the Leopold if your cash flow allows. The HHKB comes in both wired and wireless versions as well as printed or unprinted keys. The Topre keyfeel is leaps and bounds above MX brown: really tactile and just amazing to type on. The Leopold and HHKB wired both come in silenced versions for a bit extra cash, but I would recommend getting the regular versions unless you are worried about noise. You can always install silencing rings if you don't mind opening the case.

Lastly, kbdfans.cn has several options for 60% prebuilt keyboards with metal cases.