Author Topic: [GB] SINGA R2. http://singakbd.com. (COMPLETED) Extras on website.  (Read 128158 times)

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
Hi, I'm interested in the polycarbonate singa. Any chance there are images of the completed product? :D Thanks again!

I am also interested in details about the Polycarb version. Website says it will go live in beginning of May, but no pictures or details. Is this a full case/kit or is it replacement pieces for people who already have Singa? Is it already being sold or is it a separate groupbuy?

I believe the ones that will be for sale are the extras

Yeah, they are extras. The PC is the R2 design with brass plate/weight/lion. It is a whole kit, not just a shell.

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Thought it was sold out when I went to check-out (wallet_saved.gif)... turned out catweewee was updating the site and it was a glitch.

I am now very much looking forward to the arrival of my Polycarb version with brass/brass! (wallet_cries.gif)
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
Hi, I'm interested in the polycarbonate singa. Any chance there are images of the completed product? :D Thanks again!

I am also interested in details about the Polycarb version. Website says it will go live in beginning of May, but no pictures or details. Is this a full case/kit or is it replacement pieces for people who already have Singa? Is it already being sold or is it a separate groupbuy?

I believe the ones that will be for sale are the extras

Yeah, they are extras. The PC is the R2 design with brass plate/weight/lion. It is a whole kit, not just a shell.

Thought it was sold out when I went to check-out (wallet_saved.gif)... turned out catweewee was updating the site and it was a glitch.

I am now very much looking forward to the arrival of my Polycarb version with brass/brass! (wallet_cries.gif)

I’m pretty sure when they were listed was when she was converting the existing orders from PayPal invoices. If I remember right tho there are still like 10 extras, or were, I don’t actually know if they sold yet or not.

Anyway:

Offline Zuology

More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)

Offline Lansky

• Realest motherthocker
I’m pretty sure when they were listed was when she was converting the existing orders from PayPal invoices. If I remember right tho there are still like 10 extras, or were, I don’t actually know if they sold yet or not.

Anyway:

Show Image

Show Image

So pretty.  :)
Norbaforce (88UB, BKE Heavy, silenced), Noxary XRF (stock 87UB, 55g) Singa R2 (retooled MX Blacks w/ 68g catweewee springs), LZ GH V2 (V1 Zealios 67g), RAMA U80-A (Holy GSUS)

Offline Zuology

RE: Polycarb "Extras" - Are these already made or going through same manufacturing/production timeline as the metal R2? If the polycarbs are already in hand, will they be shipping soon? I am excite  :D
More

Offline JediJesseS

I'm thinking about holtites for this build and it would be my first time using them. Does anyone have pointers towards the correct size for this PCB? Thanks!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
I'm thinking about holtites for this build and it would be my first time using them. Does anyone have pointers towards the correct size for this PCB? Thanks!

i strongly advise against holtites
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
I did it on a R1 Singa build, and I would not recommend. It's a big pain.

Did the PC extras already go live? Still not sure if I completely missed it, lol...

Offline Zuology

Did the PC extras already go live? Still not sure if I completely missed it, lol...

I believe they are gone by now, I bought last week but they are marked sold-out now.
More

Offline idlemao

Regret not getting one of these beautiful boards to this day.   :'(

Offline aznreaper

Man, that poly Singa looks amazing, glad I jumped on it as well. Interesting to see that it follows the new redesigned weight of R2, but is still brass.

I wanted the PC brass weight to swap with my regular r2 weight :rip: I guess it's ok though saved a few bones but I was checking the site constantly or thought I was :tooslow: =P

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows

Offline Zuology

Show Image
Show Image

OMG please stop, I can only get so erect excited for my polycarb Singa to arrive!

Are you just showing off samples/prototypes or are these already manufactured and shipping earlier than the metal R2?
More

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
Show Image
Show Image

OMG please stop, I can only get so erect excited for my polycarb Singa to arrive!

Are you just showing off samples/prototypes or are these already manufactured and shipping earlier than the metal R2?

They start shipping Monday.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Show Image
Show Image

Doggo 2 cute

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
Black R1 Singa with OG blank black poms.  :thumb:

195864-0195866-1

Offline HardcoreDesk

Black R1 Singa with OG blank black poms.  :thumb:

I need some POMs.

Offline Zuology

Show Image
Show Image

Any updates on Polycarbs shipping? I think I heard they're going out in order of invoice #, but that doesn't give me any real context  :llama:
More

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
Show Image
Show Image

Any updates on Polycarbs shipping? I think I heard they're going out in order of invoice #, but that doesn't give me any real context  :llama:

No real insight into how they're going out. catweewee mentioned in the mechkeys discord that they would start shipping this past Monday.

A few others and I have received tracking and mine (at least) should arrive at my apartment tomorrow. You will receive an email from Aramex when it has been picked up in Malaysia. Also if you are located in the United States, I'd highly recommend signing up for UPS My Choice as that was the only way I found out the package from Aramex had been handed off to UPS.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 May 2018, 13:51:15 by zekkin »

Offline Zuology

Also if you are located in the United States, I'd highly recommend signing up for UPS My Choice as that was the only way I found out the package from Aramex had been handed off to UPS.

That is a real pro-tip there, and fortunately have been enrolled with it for a while and it's saved my ass when packages show up early or unanticipated and sketchy weather or don't want to leave it out for porch thieves!
More

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
Yeah my polycarb is out for delivery tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline zekkin

My polycarbonate Singa arrived today :cool:

Built with C3 Tangerines, lubed with 205g0 and 68g catweewee springs, shown with GMK Muted.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 May 2018, 22:17:10 by zekkin »

Offline bthezebra

Show Image

Built with C3 Tangerines, lubed with 205g0, shown with GMK Muted.
Looks really good!

Offline Create_alt_delete

Any plans for r3? Really sad I missed out on the polycarb
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 June 2018, 20:39:59 by Create_alt_delete »

Offline eyedrop

Show Image

Built with C3 Tangerines, lubed with 205g0 and 68g catweewee springs, shown with GMK Muted.

Lovely.  How do you like those Tangerines?

Offline zekkin

Show Image

Lovely.  How do you like those Tangerines?

The Tangerines pre-modification are actually pretty nice! The springs are a bit iffy and I noticed some (not all) pinging a bit in a similar fashion to Zeal springs. Of course this is easily remedied by using different springs, and what other build is more appropriate for catweewee springs than a catweewee board!

Post-modification, with the thick 205g0, gives the switch a really satisfying buttery feeling and combined with the thock from the polycarbonate, it amounts to a really satisfying experience. I had been advised prior to lubing to only do the stem in a thin layer as it will naturally distribute through contact where you'd want the lube to go and I did not put anything on the springs.

All in all it was great to get back into the groove of building. 10/10 would build again.

Offline finalarcadia

Just built my PC Singa. I think this may be my favorite keyboard yet, great job Elaine!

https://imgur.com/a/sJPqq8H <-- full album here

This might be a long shot, but can you share the plate file? Would love to order a single-layout PC plate for this baby, for the ultimate build ;p

Also, which underglow RGBs should I buy?

Offline p_blaze

Just built my PC Singa. I think this may be my favorite keyboard yet, great job Elaine!

Show Image

Show Image

This might be a long shot, but can you share the plate file? Would love to order a single-layout PC plate for this baby, for the ultimate build ;p

Afaik ws2812b leds are the go-to

Offline pr0ximity

Show Image

Show Image

wew lad, that side profile and weight look excellent in polycarb.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline flyingpike

Show Image

Show Image

Damn that is sexy.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
just finished building my Polycarb Singa - anyone know how its programmed?

Offline zekkin

Bootmapper client.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
Bootmapper client.

In other news, I just finished porting my Singa to QMK and submitted my PR. It should be in the repo and configuration in a few days :D

I setup all the normal layout I could think of as well as one that SHOULD have all the keys available for like split spacebar and iso and other weird things people do. Once it's completed I'll post a link.

Offline finalarcadia

Bootmapper client.

In other news, I just finished porting my Singa to QMK and submitted my PR. It should be in the repo and configuration in a few days :D

I setup all the normal layout I could think of as well as one that SHOULD have all the keys available for like split spacebar and iso and other weird things people do. Once it's completed I'll post a link.
Any instructions on converting to QMK?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
Bootmapper client.

Once my code is merged it should be available in the configurator at: https://config.qmk.fm/#/singa/LAYOUT_wkl

You just use this to flash it (with windows anyway): https://github.com/robertgzr/bootloadHID/blob/master/commandline/bootloadHID.exe

To get into bootloader mode or w/e just hold esc while you plug the keyboard in.

The repo itself will be: https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/singa

But first the PR needs to get approved/merged.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
Bootmapper client.

Once my code is merged it should be available in the configurator at: https://config.qmk.fm/#/singa/LAYOUT_wkl

You just use this to flash it (with windows anyway): https://github.com/robertgzr/bootloadHID/blob/master/commandline/bootloadHID.exe

To get into bootloader mode or w/e just hold esc while you plug the keyboard in.

The repo itself will be: https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/singa

But first the PR needs to get approved/merged.

Legend. Both canoe and singa to QMK in just a few days!!

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
Ok, it's in the configurator now:

I made a few mistakes on the layout file for the split layouts, so right now they look like this:

But I have already corrected the issue so sometime later today or tomorrow or something it should show up like this:

If you are trying to do iso or split spacebar right now you just have to use the default keymap which has ALL the different slots open. I'm not actually sure how to setup iso in the configurator ux, but I can add other layouts if there is anything people care about. I tried to get all the obvious ones, but I just have WKL so I only have one option and was pretty much guessing.

If anyone has any issues let me know.

To use the bootloaderHID thing you just run a command like this (in windows):

.\bootloadHID.exe -r .\singa_amnesia0287.hex

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack

Show Image

I made a few mistakes on the layout file for the split layouts, so right now they look like this:

Show Image

But I have already corrected the issue so sometime later today or tomorrow or something it should show up like this:

Show Image

If you are trying to do iso or split spacebar right now you just have to use the default keymap which has ALL the different slots open. I'm not actually sure how to setup iso in the configurator ux, but I can add other layouts if there is anything people care about. I tried to get all the obvious ones, but I just have WKL so I only have one option and was pretty much guessing.

Thanks. Mine is ISO will give this a go on Sunday and let you know how I get on

Offline Duckunderscore

Pretty mad I missed this :< next time mebe

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Ok - all done and ISO works out of the box - just pretend it’s ansi enter. The additional ISO keys for # and \ worked as well

Offline nocturalowl

velvet red r1 w/ Wob set

One of my favorite red anodyze finish, very solid board ! thanks Sis  :thumb:

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
velvet red r1 w/ Wob set

One of my favorite red anodyze finish, very solid board ! thanks Sis  :thumb:

Show Image

Show Image

Looks really clean! Great looking build!

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline mtuanvu

Anyway:

Show Image

Show Image

Wow.. such a beauty

Offline Velvet_Crowe

Cant wait for my velvet r2... just wondering what caps to pair with it
Current daily: OTD 356mini v1 (Red) | OTD 356CL (Gunmetal) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Black) | zekk.works Ogre (Dark Grey) | Noxary Vulcan Pro (Silver/Red) | 488 Pista Spider (Red)

Offline SeedyOne

Cant wait for my velvet r2... just wondering what caps to pair with it

Seriously, hope things are still going well!

Offline zekkin

Keeping the hype alive!

I love this keyboard.

Offline vtachkov

Keeping the hype alive!

Show Image

I love this keyboard.

Sexy. PC R2 when