Author Topic: [IC] KAT Overgrown - GB August 5th to September 5th  (Read 46481 times)

Offline ThickJimmy

Re: [IC] KAT Overgrown - Novelties and Deskmats Added
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 09:49:17 »
I'm super happy to announce a unique collaboration! I'll be working with Angry Nimbus Woodcraft on a limited run of wrist rests. Go check out all the cool work he does!

Super excited to be a part of this project!

Thanks for providing that video to show!

Offline mrvco

Re: [IC] KAT Overgrown - GB Date Announced!
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 19:00:11 »
very nice work and i love the kitting!  :thumb:

i'm still waiting on KAT refined so not sure yet if i want another set of KAT in my life. also, with all the color choices, my indecision is working overtime! even though i understand KAT pricing i'm not sure i understand having three very different colorways in one set... and it really messes with my ADHD  :confused:

I"m also waiting on KAT Refined, not to mention a few other KAT and KAM sets.  I might as well be a minority investor in Keyreative at this point.  Regardless, I continue to be impressed with KAT with regards to look, typing feel and sound.  Hopefully Keyreative can reign in their lead-times and tighten up their QC process.  I haven't quite put KAT Overgrown together in my head yet, but I expect I won't be able to resist adding it to my keycap queue.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 July 2021, 19:02:41 by mrvco »

Offline Angry Nimbus Woodcraft

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
Re: [IC] KAT Overgrown - Group Buy August 5th
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 07:27:32 »
Hi all.  I wanted to pop in with an update on my collab on this key set.  I will be making matching wrist rests in standard sizes, with a color-matched resin inlay.  If you haven't seen my work before, I use high-voltage electricity to carve natural, dendritic figures into wooden objects.  Each burn is unique, and each rest is handmade by me.  To match the theme of Overgrown, we have selected Black Limba for the lumber.  Limba (Terminalia Superba) is native to the savannahs and rain forests of tropical western Africa.  Most of the timber we import to the US comes from the Congo, where it is sustainably harvested, and not threatened/endangered. Black Limba features dark streaks that resemble smoke trails, bug holes and sometimes streaks of rusty orange.  If you are a guitar enthusiast, you might know this wood by the name "Korina" or recognize the grain from the original Gibson Flying V guitars.  I think its a perfect match for the look of this key set.  Let me know what you think!

Raw Black Limba Close-up:

Raw Black Limba wrist rest blanks:

Finished Black Limba rest I made for a customer last year:

« Last Edit: Thu, 15 July 2021, 16:48:14 by Angry Nimbus Woodcraft »

Offline sapisoi

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 12:20:43 »
overgrown by nature?  :cool:

Offline ThickJimmy

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 20:22:10 »
Deskmat protos are here!

Offline ThickJimmy

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 19:17:06 »
Got some artisan goodies for y'all!!! Here are the Asero Foundry collab artisans!

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 19:59:27 »
These collabs are looking awesome so far, Glwgb!

Offline Angry Nimbus Woodcraft

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 18:14:50 »
Hey everyone!  Last minute update on my collab for the Overgrown wrist rests.  Sorry about the huge pictures, I couldnt figure out how to resize them.  I'm better at making sawdust than writing HTML.  The rests will be available in gray and green, matching the key set.  Available sizes are 11.5", 12.5", 14", 15 3/8", and 17.5".  I did have some blemishes on the gray one pictured below.  There was some bubbling in the resin due to wood porosity.  Normally, I would remake the rest or offer a discounted price.  Just wasn't enough time to redo this one before the GB started.  Let me know what you think!

Offline Zanhana

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 10:57:02 »
any chance we could get the u-length written out for the spacebars (and ideally the mod keys as well)? hard to eyeball whether something is 2u vs. 2.25u vs....

Offline ThickJimmy

Re: [IC] KAT Overgrown - GB August 5th to September 5th
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 21:43:27 »
Less than 24 hours until GB is LIVE!

Offline ben56k

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 04:07:58 »
I'm trying to think about getting the full green alpha + tkl but is there a reason why I will get 4 spacebars? 2 in each kit and 2 |\ (no problem with the alice part)

Awesome green.

Offline Synergist

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 13:16:36 »
I got all constructed kits :) Really like the look. One thing I wonder about is why you went for centered legends on the mods?

Offline Shorle

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 13:24:38 »
Would have totally jumped in for full Constructed + Accents if only you had NorDe support.

Offline Ranker2

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 20 August 2023, 23:17:20 »
Can we get a status update on the project

Offline WU

• WUkds
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 01:52:27 »
I like the combination of gray
I am the manager of WUkds - WU. I am a keycap designer. All the posts I post are keycaps designed by myself. At the same time, I have my own keycap production factory. All my keycaps are They are all produced by ourselves. If you need to cooperate with me, you can send me a private message.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 03:43:12 »
Can we get a status update on the project

I like the combination of gray

This IC is done, the GB ran 5 August thru 6 September 2021.  Discussion should now be in the GB thread thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=114150.0

Vala Supply is currently estimating shipping late Q3 2023.