Author Topic: [GB] Series 00 | 09/17/2021: Shipping to all 4 vendors!  (Read 20298 times)

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
Re: [GB] Series 00 | GB is over! Final sales numbers incoming.
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 26 June 2021, 20:27:38 »
Hello all.

Apologies for the lack of updates on this particular Geekhack page. I haven't been active here since we've been busy with manufacturing. As always, we post biweekly updates about the GB status on our Discord (http://discord.esclab.co) or on our mailing list (http://hello.esclab.co). I am also active daily on Discord (****posting) ready to answer any questions.

✴️ June 23 2021 Update

Series 00 Manufacturing

Manufacturing for all five SKUs is on schedule, and the latest update we received from our manufacturing today are the following:

1. All materials have completed machining a few weeks ago, and post-processing is in-progress.
2. Aluminum is near-completion for sandblasting. Anodizing is in queue.
3. Brass are being UV coated and is currently drying.
4. Stainless steel are near-completion for polishing. Considering there are over 800+ needing to be hand polished, this is quite a laborious and time consuming process.

Series 00 Packaging Manufacturing

Production samples are completed and will be shipped to Cubic for inspection and review. Once quality is approved, we will begin mass production of packages.

Series 00 XXXXL Manufacturing

Inspection and review stage. More info in the next update.

Thank you for your patience. We will share more updates as time goes on.

P.S. We shared the manufacturing process pictures on our Discord.

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
Re: [GB] Series 00 | 06/22/2021 Manufacturing in-progress!
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 16:13:51 »

July 27 2021: Series 00 manufacturing completed. QC begins!

Series 00 Manufacturing

Manufacturing of Series 00 is fully completed!

While the machining (as shared in the previous update on Discord) was completed fairly quickly, it was the post-processing of anodization, polishing, sandblasting, lasering, etc, that took the majority of post production time. But we are super happy to say everything is completed!

A portion of the completed work was sent to Cubic for further QC. So, this means we are doing double quality control through the manufacturer (with the strict QC guidelines drafted by us) as well as personal QC by Cubic. This began yesterday. We anticipate we should have news on this final QC milestone soon, and we will share an update as soon as this is complete. We will also share an updated timeline of the GB progress :slight_smile:

Series 00 & Series 00 XXXXL Packaging Manufacturing

Our packaging manufacturer needs about 1-2 more weeks to complete the mass production of the packaging, which includes the Series 00 XXXXL packaging.

Once our personal QC of the Series 00 passes, the completed Series 00 will then be shipped to our packaging manufacturer for packing + delivery to our four vendors.

We do not have an 100% accurate timeline on this, but we will share an updated timeline once the QC milestone passes.

Series 00 Updated Timeline

We are currently on-time with our estimated timeline, and we are proud we are hitting these milestones. As said previously, we will share an updated timeline (like the ones we’ve shared in the past) once we get more concrete numbers.

_____

Thank you for supporting esc lab and being patient with our first group buy.

We hope you are happy with the progress so far, and we absolutely cannot wait to reveal what we have in store for our future.

// loop, Cubic, and Isshin

P.S. Full updates with pictures are on our Discord (http://discord.esclab.co) or blog (http://esclab.news).

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
Re: [GB] Series 00 | 07/27/2021: Manufacturing complete. QC begins!
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 17:52:54 »
August 27 2021: All manufacturing and QC has completed.

Hello all!

I am stoked to share that all manufacturing and QC has completed for Series 00. All unacceptable final products have been re-done - these were some brass units where the initial UV varnish was too lightly coated causing unwanted patina. This has been resolved by our manufacturer who offered to remake them all.

Cubic has received all the final units to perform QC, and he has given us the go-ahead that they are good to go.

This means the final step of packaging will begin. This week, our manufacturer will deliver the completed Series 00 to our packaging vendor to post-process and package - this should take about 1-2 weeks to complete. It will likely take less time than what I said, but it's always good to assume some buffer time in case anything unexpected happens.

Do note that about a quarter of Series 00 have already been processed and fully packaged -- these were units that already passed QC last week and was given the thumbs up. Attached are pictures showing that progress.

Packaging: https://imgur.com/a/J7nAoy5?s=fbm

What's next?

Once everything is packaged (assume 1-2 weeks), they will then be triaged and sent to our four vendors - Candy Keys, zFrontier, Desk Hero, and Mechs & Co. Each vendor will use a slightly different shipment method, and due to geography, they will reach the vendors at a different interval. I imagine that zFrontier will receive the shipment first as they are the closest to our manufacturer, and will be using courier (which will take at most a week to ship). Other vendors will be opting for train/ocean freight which will take between 45-50 days. This is an unavoidable part of global logistics so I apologize for a longer wait time as a result of vendor delivery.

But we should give credit to the fact that ocean freight generally is the more reliable method of delivery in international logistics as things like customs/duties are pre-calculated and there is less of a chance of unexpected delays due to product seizures and what not.

Once the shipment is received by each vendor, they will immediately start processing and shipping out the product. If you have questions about your delivery, want to change delivery addresses, or have any questions, please reach out to the vendors you bought Series 00 from.

We will share an updated timeline infographic as we have in the past when we have more concrete numbers.

I missed the GB but I want to buy Series 00??

We have been receiving a lot of questions about how you can buy Series 00 if you missed the GB.

Each vendor have bought ample amount of extras for post-GB sale, so if you missed your initial chance to get onto the GB, this is your chance. We do not control the timeline of extras sales, however, so if you have any questions on pricing + release interval, please again reach out to your regional vendor.

Again, thank you for your patience with us. We are very excited to see you receive Series 00!!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 August 2021, 17:56:42 by loop | esc lab »

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
Re: [GB] Series 00 | 09/17/2021: Shipping to all 4 vendors!
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 15:31:02 »
September 17 2021: Shipment to four vendors begin!
Yay it’s shipping!
We are very happy to announce that all four Series 00 group buy shipments have left our manufacturer and is on their way to Mechs & Co, Deskhero, Candykeys, and zFrontier.
Below is an estimated timeline of how long it will take for the group buy package to go from our manufacturer to the warehouses of each of our four vendors.

Vendor shipping timeline

The following timeline is the time it takes to go from our manufacturer to the warehouses of each vendor, NOT the time it will take to arrive to your doorstep.

Mechs & Co. — 45 to 50 days
Deskhero — 45 to 50 days
Candykeys — 8 to 10 days
zFrontier — 3 to 5 days

Why the long shipping time?

I’m sure some of you may be asking, why are the shipping times all so different?

The answer is simple — each vendor uses a different shipping service + route (from short-haul local courier such as within Asia, to long-haul ocean freight for trans-pacific shipments).

These were the best options available for each vendor to choose from.

I do apologize, however, for our inaccurate initial estimate of how long it would have taken for ocean freight to go from coast to coast. When we started our GB, the estimate given to us was about 25-30 days… which was all the way back in early 2021. Of course, with the pandemic + holiday shopping coming up in North America + global logistics bottlenecks (such as Apple shipping hundreds of millions of iPhones), the global supply chain is a bit stressed right now, which means for our North American friend, your product will be slightly delayed. But we promise it will arrive.

Once the product arrives in each four vendor’s warehouses, each vendor communicated to me that they will take about a week to unpack, sort, and ship each order.

If you have any advanced questions such as changing order addresses, inquiries on extras (such as when and how much), shipping timelines, shipping speeds, etc, please forward your questions to each vendor. They will be more than happy to help you out!We will also share an updated shipping timeline graphic very shortly.

We appreciate your patience, and thank you for being part of our journey!

— loop, Cubic, and Isshin
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 September 2021, 15:36:35 by loop | esc lab »

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 24 September 2021, 15:44:26 »
I'm very excited to share that a number of our zFrontier customers have received their Series 00, here's some pictures they've sent us! This coming month, more and more customers from Asia and UK/EU will receive their products - feel free to post your pictures on Discord, Geekhack, or IG. We'll feature the best photos on our socials  :D

And looks like the first #1 ID for Sandblast Brass has been claimed. Who else will get the remaining?  :thumb:

Candykeys will also receive their shipment next week and starting shipping within the next two weeks.

I will update as I get more information about the ocean freight for Deskhero (Canada) and Mechs & Co. (USA) - the previous estimate of 45-50 days is still accurate.

« Last Edit: Fri, 24 September 2021, 15:46:30 by loop | esc lab »

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 21:15:18 »
November 5th 2021: Canada and USA has (finally) arrived at the port!

Hello all, long time since I posted an updated on Geekhack (we post weekly on our Discord and Instagram), so I will do a re-cap of all that's happened.

zFrontier (Asia + Oceania + more): All has shipped and extras are sold out.

Candy Keys (EU + UK): All has shipped and extras are sold out.

Desk Hero (Canada): The shipment to Canada has been cleared + processed at the port, and is awaiting pickup by local couriers towards Desk Hero's facilities.

Mechs & Co. (USA): After more than four weeks on the boat stuck just right outside the Los Angeles port, the boat has finally docked at the port. Our freight forwarder told us that they will begin processing and unloading ASAP, which is estimated at about 1-2 weeks. Once this process is over, the shipment will be en-route to Mechs & Co.'s facilities.

Thank you all so much for your patience regarding the Western hemisphere shipments. Unfortunately, due to the increase of volume of international shipments + logistics issues especially in the United States, everything has been delayed significantly across the whole industry, something way beyond our control. But I am happy to say that it is getting close!

Thank you all  :thumb: