Author Topic: KMAC DIY Thread  (Read 68149 times)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Re: KMAC DIY Thread
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 11:19:47 »
Start it manually.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #201 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 11:28:21 »
Start it manually.
How do I start it manually?
I see no flip application included in the downloaded file
:(

Edit: Nvm found it :P

problem is,  currently I'm at the stage when you chose the 'usb' icon on flip, and according to the video I have to choose the option 'usb (ctrl+u)'
I've selected ATmega32u4 as my device
but when I chose the option 'usb (ctrol+u)' I got an error of atilibusbdfu.dll not found
any idea?
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 November 2013, 17:38:37 by jokrik »
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #202 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 22:55:21 »
Does anyone know whether I can use 0805 SMD diodes with KMAC?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #203 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 12:50:12 »
My KMAC came with diodes already installed.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #204 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 19:58:14 »
Got a KMAC 2 PCB here. Got it all soldered together, went to plug it in. Windows says the USB device is not recognised, but then it says it successfully installed the drivers. Caps LED on the KMAC comes on. Then I saved the hex file, etc. using the KMAC program. I then unplugged it and plugged it back in while holding caps to put it in programming mode, but this time I get no messages from windows and it doesn't show up as a device in device manager like it should. I'm unable to load the hex file using flip, as it cannot find a USB device. Worth noting that I have cut up this PCB quite a lot and I've connected it through USB using the pinouts not the USB connector. I wouldn't be too surprised if it's broken, but I'm hoping there's a fix to this.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #205 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 20:22:46 »
Install the ATmega DFU drivers from the Flip install.  Find my old thread

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #206 on: Mon, 03 February 2014, 19:19:28 »
I received an assembled WKL KMAC a while back and noticed some troubles with KRO, but really procrastinated in figuring out the issue because I didn't have any Allen wrenches to open it up. (I only just received a set of them today, and it looks like 5/64" works.) I have the "KMAC WOW 1.3" PCB version.

Basically, the issue is that I'm not properly getting more than 2KRO. More specifically, I'm getting this one particular strange issue with alpha keys where if I hold down 2 characters on different rows but on the same "column", then hit a different character on one of those same rows, an extra keypress of the related-column-key of the row not typed is registered. (This is probably confusing, but read on.) It's a little problematic due to my typing style/speed.

For example, if I'm typing the word "just" really fast, there's a chance I'm registering both "J" and "U" simultaneously while I'm hitting the "S", the "W" comes in and I get "juwst". Or if I'm really on a roll on typing fast, then as I'm hitting "T", the "G" can come in quickly too and I can get "juwstg". (This is hard to screencap on keytest applications since I have to hit the PrtSc key while typing, but on a QWERTY layout you can see the relation between "W"/"G" and "S"/"T" respectively.) Additionally, modifiers can get really weird - like RAlt being registered when hitting spacebar, or Ctrl+Right Arrow combo not registering, and so on.

That said, the LED keys - WASD, F1-F12, Esc, Caps Lock, etc. - did seem to be fine and get 6KRO when isolated from any other problem key.

Because it was a KRO issue, I thought whoever built this might have just not soldered on any diodes, but I found some interesting things going on when I finally opened it today. It first looked to me like there was both SMD and through-hole diodes soldered on, ...

... But it seems as though what's in each switch is a jumper wire. My Google-fu is a little weak in finding out reasoning behind a choice like this; if I was building this from scratch jumper wires wouldn't even cross my mind and I'd just do either SMD or in-switch/through-hole diodes (and not both).

Before I get my hands messy with anything, I'm just wondering if there's any manual-soldering solution to this, or if it's just some kind of debouncing problem that can be solved through firmware adjustments. Anyone have any thoughts?
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 February 2014, 03:03:30 by cgbuen »

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #207 on: Mon, 03 February 2014, 19:53:31 »
LOL, that looks like a bad build.  The jumper in the switch effectively by pass the diode.  2KRO is what you get then.  To fix it, you would need to remove all the switches, open up all the switches, remove the jumper inside each switch, and solder the switches back on to the PCB again.

Someone f**ked up. 

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #208 on: Mon, 03 February 2014, 21:15:30 »
Nice.. :| Thanks for the heads up though.