Author Topic: [GB] CF-LX: Carbon Fiber 60% Case [DONE]  (Read 266258 times)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Re: [GB] CF-LX: Carbon Fiber 60% Case
« Reply #750 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 23:34:26 »
Probably safe to consider this dead considering how Weaven and Lustro stopped having updates. :(
Why do you always have to be so negative. Chill out and see how this plays out.

It's good to be optimistic, but in his defense it's been playing out for 607 days. The current hope of the GB sits with someone in Asia who has come down with an illness, who has 2 other GB responsibilities that take precedence over the CF-LX, and he hasn't signed into GH for almost 2 months.  :rolleyes:

Came at basically the ****tiest time for this. Not that it's an excuse for trusting someone else to look for a waterjetting place for a few weeks (his line of work put him in close touch with lots of places, thought I could get a better deal for the buy, turned out to just be a lazy ******* who didn't care much to help or communicate), communication not being perfect between myself and BBS, and taking too long to ship the materials to foggy. If someone knows of any other reputable places in the area (unlikely but I'll take any suggestions), I'm all ears. It's just at a point where I obviously don't have a job right now and am out enough money that it's hard to keep shipping all of this around (already cost me $500+ just to get it to foggy, back will be around the same if not more with added packing and protection on the inside). If it's any consolation (not much I'm sure), this buy is getting done one way or the other no matter what I have to keep putting in, at this point it just isn't looking timely. It feels indescribably ****ty to have this hanging over my head at all times, especially now that there isn't much I can even do anymore.

Sorry guys.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 December 2016, 23:37:51 by hwood34 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #751 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 23:38:59 »
Probably safe to consider this dead considering how Weaven and Lustro stopped having updates. :(

Eh, I'd have stopped being so positive a while ago. nathan's been as optimistic and as helpful as someone could reasonably expect.

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline axtran

« Reply #752 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 00:08:28 »
Best we can do now is contact pear_voz who is on the other side of the country--I don't think he's been handling the other GBs though. I hope foggyflute is getting better--sounds like things were pretty bad though.
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #753 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 00:13:18 »
Best we can do now is contact pear_voz who is on the other side of the country--I don't think he's been handling the other GBs though. I hope foggyflute is getting better--sounds like things were pretty bad though.
Just shot him a pm, though since this was still in the production phase I'm not sure how much help he can offer. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #754 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 03:20:12 »

It's good to be optimistic, but in his defense it's been playing out for 607 days. The current hope of the GB sits with someone in Asia who has come down with an illness, who has 2 other GB responsibilities that take precedence over the CF-LX, and he hasn't signed into GH for almost 2 months.  ::)

Came at basically the ****tiest time for this. Not that it's an excuse for trusting someone else to look for a waterjetting place for a few weeks (his line of work put him in close touch with lots of places, thought I could get a better deal for the buy, turned out to just be a lazy ******* who didn't care much to help or communicate), communication not being perfect between myself and BBS, and taking too long to ship the materials to foggy. If someone knows of any other reputable places in the area (unlikely but I'll take any suggestions), I'm all ears. It's just at a point where I obviously don't have a job right now and am out enough money that it's hard to keep shipping all of this around (already cost me $500+ just to get it to foggy, back will be around the same if not more with added packing and protection on the inside). If it's any consolation (not much I'm sure), this buy is getting done one way or the other no matter what I have to keep putting in, at this point it just isn't looking timely. It feels indescribably ****ty to have this hanging over my head at all times, especially now that there isn't much I can even do anymore.

Sorry guys.

Well you have done a lot already. I don't think you'd have to put yourself in danger money-wise for it. That would not be ideal.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #755 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 23:30:33 »
Were you able to contact him

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #756 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 06:51:15 »

Haven't been able to get in touch with either of them yet

Offline axtran

« Reply #757 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 01:00:42 »

Try bazh. He's a part of TriviumTek as well, I believe.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #758 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 07:36:09 »

Try bazh. He's a part of TriviumTek as well, I believe.
Will do

Offline axtran

« Reply #759 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 23:12:53 »
Any news?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #760 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 23:15:21 »
Any news?

No response from anyone. I'll send out another string of messages through whatever venues I can. This'll get done, it's really just riding on the recovery time of foggy or the responses of people he works with

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #761 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 08:54:10 »
:(
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #762 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 08:56:13 »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #763 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 08:57:35 »

Basically...

Just to be clear, I am not "sad" at you.  I'm just sad for the whole situation.  Seems like this kind of thing happens all too often.

Edit:  and I hope you're able to find a new job you enjoy soon, buddy.
I'm back.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #764 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 08:58:48 »

Basically...

Just to be clear, I am not "sad" at you.  I'm just sad for the whole situation.  Seems like this kind of thing happens all too often.
Eh, problems on my end too. ****ty situation everywhere. Although luckily there's just one kink right now that'll be worked out soon

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #765 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 14:48:22 »
I'm getting sending failures when I send emails now. I sent out a fresh round of PMs to everyone I've heard connected in anyway to foggy and I've sent a message to the Facebook page (although I'm not sure how many people are actually part of this operation or if anyone checks the page these days). I'll see if I can google and come up with some phone numbers I can call (and I'll keep my vietnamese friend nearby in case I run into a language barrier lol).

Looking at the timing of all this though, I have high hopes that everything or quite a bit of the work might be already done and the actual product just needs to be shipped, which obviously makes this whole thing an easier solve.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 March 2017, 14:55:02 by hwood34 »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: [GB] CF-LX: Carbon Fiber 60% Case :/
« Reply #766 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 22:18:11 »
I'm getting sending failures when I send emails now. I sent out a fresh round of PMs to everyone I've heard connected in anyway to foggy and I've sent a message to the Facebook page (although I'm not sure how many people are actually part of this operation or if anyone checks the page these days). I'll see if I can google and come up with some phone numbers I can call (and I'll keep my vietnamese friend nearby in case I run into a language barrier lol).

Looking at the timing of all this though, I have high hopes that everything or quite a bit of the work might be already done and the actual product just needs to be shipped, which obviously makes this whole thing an easier solve.

Thanks for keeping at it sir.  You should get a perseverance-ness-ly-ing award!
I'm back.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #767 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 22:24:19 »

Thanks for keeping at it sir.  You should get a perseverance-ness-ly-ing award!

eh I'd rather get the "on time GB" award but oh well

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #768 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 22:28:08 »
"Mr ---- is recovering and getting back to work right now, thank you."

so some good news here :)

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #769 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 10:19:05 »
"Mr ---- is recovering and getting back to work right now, thank you."

so some good news here :)

Could be promising! Thanks a lot for the recent updates and perseverance, appreciate ya.

Offline skaloola

« Reply #770 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 22:56:38 »
thanks hwood for your continued efforts and status updates, even if the update is just "still unable to contact"

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #771 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 23:19:09 »
thanks hwood for your continued efforts and status updates, even if the update is just "still unable to contact"

Well at least it's finally something substantial

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #772 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 07:47:29 »
Yeah thank you Hwood for the good work on this GB. I'm sure it is quite hard to manage things through on this plus dealing with personal life/job whatever.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline axtran

« Reply #773 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 05:59:13 »
There's response starting up from "Triviumtek Supporter!" Perhaps that's the key?

Looks like Weaven is coming back to life, however requiring Originative's help to do so. I don't know if you'd want to run it yourself, hwood34, but it might be worth it to check with Triviumtek Supporter.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #774 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 21:11:13 »
Any news from VN?
I'm back.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #775 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 11:58:26 »
There's response starting up from "Triviumtek Supporter!" Perhaps that's the key?

Looks like Weaven is coming back to life, however requiring Originative's help to do so. I don't know if you'd want to run it yourself, hwood34, but it might be worth it to check with Triviumtek Supporter.

Any news from VN?

Whoops, totally forgot to give y'all a reply. TS can only handle the other two GBs right now and CFLX seems to be on the backburner basically until foggyflute returns. He said he hopes to give me an update soon. This was on the 10th, so expect something very soon hopefully.

Offline stix

« Reply #776 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 10:52:43 »
I'm waiting on Toxic, GH60, CF-LX and now Panda..... I should just shoot myself.

Anyhoo, thank you for the updates.

Offline axtran

« Reply #777 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 00:20:13 »
I think Weaven and Lustro are finally finishing up (I got my Weaven in, and it's all done!), maybe CF-LX Reincarnated?! ;)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #778 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 01:28:15 »
I think Weaven and Lustro are finally finishing up (I got my Weaven in, and it's all done!), maybe CF-LX Reincarnated?! ;)

Oh really? Well yep then that bodes well here. Now that Weaven is done, CF-LX should be moved off the back burner to production. I'll shoot them a message just to be sure.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #779 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 15:53:33 »
Moving into production sometime next week

Offline stix

Re: [GB] CF-LX: Carbon Fiber 60% Case [PRODUCTION]
« Reply #780 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 10:31:06 »
You certainly know how to make a man moist

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #781 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 10:31:57 »
You certainly know how to make a man moist

ooh bb

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #782 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 22:18:23 »
Just got an email from foggyflute. He's back and we're all ready to get this thing going. Apparently I also bought like double the carbon fiber I needed so maybe I'll make some more cases in case anyone else wants them. Either that or if anyone here needs some sheets of carbon fiber you could probably buy em off

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #783 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 23:08:44 »
If anyone's interested in something like this but TKL just shoot me a PM. I won't be taking money upfront like a GB, but just seeing if I can get a head count to use up the rest of this carbon fiber

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #784 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 08:02:49 »
If anyone's interested in something like this but TKL just shoot me a PM. I won't be taking money upfront like a GB, but just seeing if I can get a head count to use up the rest of this carbon fiber

Is the CF in Asia or Murica?
I'm back.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #785 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 09:00:48 »

Is the CF in Asia or Murica?
Asia

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #786 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 21:16:43 »

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #787 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 21:46:28 »
Show Image

I'd possibly be interested in a TKL in this style. What kind of PCB would be compatible though?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #788 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 21:51:31 »
Show Image

I'd possibly be interested in a TKL in this style. What kind of PCB would be compatible though?

I'd probably just use JD's universal plate style since I already have a copy and that seems compatible with quite a bit

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #789 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 22:09:04 »
Show Image

I'd probably just use JD's universal plate style since I already have a copy and that seems compatible with quite a bit

Does that include the TX87?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #790 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 22:13:57 »
Show Image

I sent him a message, but that just uses a leeku pcb right? Should fit

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #791 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 22:15:26 »
Show Image

I sent him a message, but that just uses a leeku pcb right? Should fit

Yeah it's a leeku pcb.

Offline axtran

« Reply #792 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 23:09:14 »

If you could do a TKL with the A87-spec (to fit PCB's like Leeku's, or GON NerD TKL if you request for one with a flipped USB port), I'd be interested too. :)

Offline krajee

« Reply #793 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 23:27:30 »
What about a matching numberpad?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #794 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 23:56:47 »

If you could do a TKL with the A87-spec (to fit PCB's like Leeku's, or GON NerD TKL if you request for one with a flipped USB port), I'd be interested too. :)
just waiting to get word back from JD and I'll look into everything

What about a matching numberpad?

A number pad would be cool yea. That would either be afterwards or I'd have to get more cf before I started work on the TKLs since I only have 2.5ish sheets left. If enough people are interested (or maybe I'll just do it anyway) I could see about getting at least a proto of the case done to send back with the CFLX stuff. Though I don't want to hold up the process anymore so we'll see, unlikely though.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #795 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 23:26:48 »

Offline axtran

« Reply #796 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 23:42:52 »
Woohoo! WE GOT THIS BOYS

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #797 on: Sun, 11 June 2017, 00:32:59 »
Oh and I still have one of the first few cases that you can hand wire if anyone want's one for a discounted rate lol

Offline skaloola

« Reply #798 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 11:56:07 »
possible to change the order from 60% to TKL?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #799 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 16:16:21 »
possible to change the order from 60% to TKL?

These don't exist in TKL.

Yet.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90