Author Topic: Post Your Cameras!  (Read 42264 times)

Offline widdlekitty

Post Your Cameras!
« on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 12:46:02 »
Thought this would be a fun one. I'm just as sick with cameras as I am with keyboards.

Here is my Leica M3 (all mechanical ;) ) with original Rigid Summicron 50mm, circa 1956. Purchased this thing in the most sorry of states at an estate sale. Dents, covered in dirt, the leather was rotting off. The best I can tell, the thing was kept in a damp basement for the past 40 years. Sent it to a camera tech who completely disassembled, cleaned/tuned, and put back together both the lens and the camera body. Brand new leather, too. The thing works like a dream now, and is one of my favorite cameras to shoot with.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Re: Post Your Cameras!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 13:30:41 »
That's a cool camera... but with what cam did you photograph your cam? ;)

I want to get back into photography... considering the D5500 and D7200.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 14:17:36 »

That's what I was thinking, if I post mine here it'll be a potato since I'm not using it to shoot :p

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 14:46:47 »

That's what I was thinking, if I post mine here it'll be a potato since I'm not using it to shoot :p

Shoot with that cam in the mirror :P

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 15:05:23 »
5 mega pixelz baby

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 15:11:33 »
I've had the Canon Powershot S60 one when it came out and use it for a couple of years. Recently thrown it away.. it really is a crappy camera nowadays, except for the white balance:

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 15:29:30 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:34:30 by alienman82 »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 15:31:05 »
I love canon lenses :)  Might end up getting a Canon DSLR in the future.  Canon FD film camera too :thumb:

Nice collection! What ya like about canon lenses? I always thought Canon has this habit of changing lens mounts over time, making the collection useless on newer bodies. Or is that bad intel?

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 15:34:33 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:34:25 by alienman82 »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 15:35:45 »
I love canon lenses :)  Might end up getting a Canon DSLR in the future.  Canon FD film camera too :thumb:

Nice collection! What ya like about canon lenses? I always thought Canon has this habit of changing lens mounts over time, making the collection useless on newer bodies. Or is that bad intel?

The old FD lenses are really cheap, and work pretty good with the adapter.  The 50mm was only $20 shipped.  The 17-40mm L lens I found a really good deal on, so I decided to try a DSLR lens with the adapter, and it works well too, but AF is really slow.  Still, I love the lenses I have.

Here's a pic I took with the $20 50mm

Show Image

Wow that's a nice pic. Nice detail, shadows, and color. So it's true... lenses more important than body.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 15:38:05 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:34:20 by alienman82 »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 16:12:46 »

The old FD lenses are really cheap, and work pretty good with the adapter.  The 50mm was only $20 shipped.  The 17-40mm L lens I found a really good deal on, so I decided to try a DSLR lens with the adapter, and it works well too, but AF is really slow.  Still, I love the lenses I have.

Show Image

Wow that's a nice pic. Nice detail, shadows, and color. So it's true... lenses more important than body.

Well body is a Full Frame mirrorless which is still $1100

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Full-Frame-Mirrorless-Digital-Camera/dp/B00FRDUZXM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1460234259&sr=8-2&keywords=sony+A7+body

Mmmm looks nice. Don't want to hijack the thread... but what'd you prefer? the sony A7 or the nikon d7200?

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 16:16:49 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:34:15 by alienman82 »

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 16:21:14 »

Show Image

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Full-Frame-Mirrorless-Digital-Camera/dp/B00FRDUZXM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1460234259&sr=8-2&keywords=sony+A7+body

Mmmm looks nice. Don't want to hijack the thread... but what'd you prefer? the sony A7 or the nikon d7200?

Those aren't exactly comparable cameras...

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 16:31:14 »

Show Image

Those aren't exactly comparable cameras...

I see now. Never mind, I've never asked!  :-X

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 16:39:50 »
It's too dark for photos now but have a Nikon D5000 with a the 18-55 kit and a Tamron 70-300 f4-5.6 Tele-macro. It's kinda old but still can get some great shots that I never get round to editing.

Upgrading to the Canon 6D with a 50 f1.8 and then a month afterwards probably a 27-40 f4L.

Offline widdlekitty

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 17:43:47 »
Thought this would be a fun one. I'm just as sick with cameras as I am with keyboards.

Here is my Leica M3 (all mechanical ;) ) with original Rigid Summicron 50mm, circa 1956. Purchased this thing in the most sorry of states at an estate sale. Dents, covered in dirt, the leather was rotting off. The best I can tell, the thing was kept in a damp basement for the past 40 years. Sent it to a camera tech who completely disassembled, cleaned/tuned, and put back together both the lens and the camera body. Brand new leather, too. The thing works like a dream now, and is one of my favorite cameras to shoot with.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Woah sweet camera!  I always wanted an M2 or M3 :)  What film do you like to use?

5 mega pixelz baby

Show Image

still takes amazing pics!

Here is my setup:

Show Image

black and white: tri-x, mostly because I'm so accustomed to it now, and know what I can get out of it.

color: fuji pro400h. again, similar to above.

M cameras are a lot of fun, but can become a very expensive hobby if you're not careful.

Offline widdlekitty

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 15:29:59 »

Leica Part Deux.

Wetzlar Leica M6 'Classic' (circa 1986) with Summicron-M 50mm Lens.

This guy has the benefit of the on board light meter, but otherwise a completely mechanical beast.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 15:33:18 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:33:10 by alienman82 »

Offline widdlekitty

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 15:37:49 »
you have m3 and m6 omg

Its a problem. I had the m6 first, and then I saw the m3 that was all but bound for the trash. It just sort of happened, and then I became too attached to both to let either get away. :llama:

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 15:50:24 »
Show Image

Leica Part Deux.

This guy has the benefit of the on board light meter, but otherwise a completely mechanical beast.

That textured shell looks soo awesome.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 15:53:01 »
If you are going to take a cam pic with a diff cam, at least do the worker the favor of a cam pic back. Ya know... like a reacharound.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 13:24:20 »
Damn widdlekitty. Those Leica's look awesome. I've been wanting to get into film cameras but I'm so overwhelmed. Not really sure where to start and I want to try before I buy which really doesn't help my cause. So instead i just shoot film on my Instax. Not exactly the same but it's fun.

I'll try and take a picture of all the cameras I currently use when I'm at home later. I got something new in the mailbox right now hehe.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 13:33:17 »
Still using my a6k here.  Thinking about picking up a couple more lenses for it, though.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 13:36:02 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:29:16 by alienman82 »

Offline widdlekitty

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 12:59:07 »
Damn widdlekitty. Those Leica's look awesome. I've been wanting to get into film cameras but I'm so overwhelmed. Not really sure where to start and I want to try before I buy which really doesn't help my cause. So instead i just shoot film on my Instax. Not exactly the same but it's fun.

I'll try and take a picture of all the cameras I currently use when I'm at home later. I got something new in the mailbox right now hehe.

If you're going to start getting your feet wet with film cameras, I certainly don't recommend making the leap to Leica! If you have canon or nikon lenses for dslr, it might be worth checking out what used film cameras will accept those.

Offline rampantandroid

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 02:08:37 »

If you're going to start getting your feet wet with film cameras, I certainly don't recommend making the leap to Leica! If you have canon or nikon lenses for dslr, it might be worth checking out what used film cameras will accept those.

Sony might also be good for a transition, right? The Minolta lenses should work with a bunch of film bodies. If not that, I'd second a look at Nikon's F-Mount film bodies - F mount hasn't changed much since it was introduced > 50 years ago (something Canon cannot say - they dumped FD mount in the late 80s for what we have now, EF mount.)
Someone apparently went up to the great philosopher Wittgenstein and said "What a lot of morons people back in the Middle Ages must have been to have looked, every morning, at the dawn and to have thought what they were seeing was the Sun going around the Earth, when every school kid knows that the Earth goes around the Sun", to which Wittgenstein replied "Yeah, but I wonder what it would have looked like if the Sun had been going around the Earth?"

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 07:02:50 »
I love the Canon STM lenses, work great for travel, as they are quite light, decent AF speed and sharpness. I've got the "STM trinity", 10-18, 18-55, 55-250. Will e adding the 50mm F1.8 STM to it soon. What I really need though is the Tamron 150-600, the wildlife here in South Africa is amazing, and the 55-250 is just not enough reach.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 08:30:45 »
I've got my Nikon D7200 (with 18-140 kit telelens) and I've been using it for 2-3 weeks now. It's really an awesome camera. It is almost IMPOSSIBLE to not shoot sharp if you get the hang of autofocus.

Horse going about 20kmh (lateral AND depth movement):

135209-0

Sort of macro photo:

135211-1

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 08:31:21 »
I'll post my setup later. Still have the OG Sony Nex-5 with a bunch of manual and Sony lenses.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 08:59:23 »
I've got my Nikon D7200 (with 18-140 kit telelens) and I've been using it for 2-3 weeks now. It's really an awesome camera. It is almost IMPOSSIBLE to not shoot sharp if you get the hang of autofocus.

(Attachment Link)

Sort of macro photo:

(Attachment Link)

The chromatic aberration in the picture of the horse... Oh god.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 10:12:21 »

(Attachment Link)

Sort of macro photo:

(Attachment Link)

Good point... may have to do with me still learning how to postedit properly in lightroom.

EDIT: Any idea how I got chromatic aberration in the first place in that shot?
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 April 2016, 10:14:10 by iLLucionist »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 10:33:49 »

There. I've fixed it:

135218-0

Offline Kemindo

• one world one promise
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 12:54:22 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Woah sweet camera!  I always wanted an M2 or M3 :)  What film do you like to use?

5 mega pixelz baby

Show Image

still takes amazing pics!

Here is my setup:

Show Image

Sony's fan as well ...... Sony for life ...... U should up to a7r ii ^___^
Peace and Service

Offline dannrawr

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 13:21:51 »
hopefully have some time to repair the lightmeter

WTF any Bruce, Cosmonauts

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 14:02:02 »
Show Image

Nice!  I've got a couple old Polaroids I've had kicking around for quite a few years.  I'd like to get them going one of these days..

Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline dannrawr

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 00:17:27 »
Show Image

Nice!  I've got a couple old Polaroids I've had kicking around for quite a few years.  I'd like to get them going one of these days..

Show Image

whoa nice cameras! with the flash also!
from what i heard, they stop the production of the film :( can try search for expired ones

Offline rampantandroid

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 18:46:58 »

You shot wide open with the kit lens - that's all it really takes. The 18-140 isn't known for being a great lens - it's a good walkaround lens (and virtually no walkaround lens with that amount of range will be great optically while wide open.) Stop it down some and it'll improve. I keepmy 18-200 around because it's the one lens that does almost everything (it doesn't do super telephoto and it doesn't do super wide angle, which I have separate lenses I'll carry if I know I want that.) Also consider keeping some prime lenses around - they typically have good optics for relatively cheap.

Nikon has a new DX 16-80mm lens that is super high quality for its range while also going pretty wide for a zoom lens. If you have that kind of money lying around, consider it. Else, think about prime lenses maybe or just increase exposure time or ISO and go a stop or two down.
Someone apparently went up to the great philosopher Wittgenstein and said "What a lot of morons people back in the Middle Ages must have been to have looked, every morning, at the dawn and to have thought what they were seeing was the Sun going around the Earth, when every school kid knows that the Earth goes around the Sun", to which Wittgenstein replied "Yeah, but I wonder what it would have looked like if the Sun had been going around the Earth?"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 20:53:03 »

my boring ol' a6k
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 21:04:36 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:11:47 by alienman82 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 21:52:56 »
Show Image

my boring ol' a6k

get a 35mm prime yo

give me the money?

i have a 50mm

Offline dannrawr

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 22:17:09 »
Show Image

Leica Part Deux.

phew its in the wishlist section when i start working life next year :-[

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 05:40:57 »

You shot wide open with the kit lens - that's all it really takes. The 18-140 isn't known for being a great lens - it's a good walkaround lens (and virtually no walkaround lens with that amount of range will be great optically while wide open.) Stop it down some and it'll improve. I keepmy 18-200 around because it's the one lens that does almost everything (it doesn't do super telephoto and it doesn't do super wide angle, which I have separate lenses I'll carry if I know I want that.) Also consider keeping some prime lenses around - they typically have good optics for relatively cheap.

Nikon has a new DX 16-80mm lens that is super high quality for its range while also going pretty wide for a zoom lens. If you have that kind of money lying around, consider it. Else, think about prime lenses maybe or just increase exposure time or ISO and go a stop or two down.

Thanks, interesting to know. I thought the 18-140 kit lens got favorable reviews, saying they it's optimal around 120-130. Wasn't aware that you increase aberration when you open the lens.

I was planning on buying a -200 or -300mm lens for super tele but have to do my homework first. Lenses are really expensive!

Offline rampantandroid

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 07:53:11 »
Thanks, interesting to know. I thought the 18-140 kit lens got favorable reviews, saying they it's optimal around 120-130. Wasn't aware that you increase aberration when you open the lens.

I was planning on buying a -200 or -300mm lens for super tele but have to do my homework first. Lenses are really expensive!

It is probably good...for a kit lens.  ;)

http://www.dxomark.com/Lenses/Nikon/Nikon-AF-S-DX-NIKKOR-18-140mm-F35-56G-ED-VR-mounted-on-Nikon-D5300---Measurements__919

Take a look at the results. For example, it's sharpest at f8 or so through its range. It's most distorted below 35mm. Its CA it best at f5.6 as long as you're above 35mm.

For super-telephoto, the DX 70-300 VR lens isn't bad (I have one, and I also have the older screw drive 70-300 that came out of Japan. Also good, though no VR and noisy screw drive.)

Primes will always win in sharpess, CA and such...but they require you to frame your shot by either moving the camera, or cropping the photo later.

Offline dannrawr

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 01:27:42 »

if only the polaroid film is not expensive

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 08:19:20 »
Mmmm cameras...

Here's my humble Canon 50D and the EF-S17-55 that I use 90% of the time.  The other 10% is with a 50mm and a 75-300mm.

137567-0

All the gaffer tape helps me stay safe in the 3rd world :))

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 22:14:03 »
My stormtrooper K-30.

« Last Edit: Fri, 20 May 2016, 22:18:09 by eksuen »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 16:16:15 »
Thrifted a Sony Mavica MVC-FD7. Instead of an SD card, it uses a 3.5" floppy disk.

As a comparison, here's the same canvas taken with my Samsung S7.

« Last Edit: Mon, 23 May 2016, 16:23:57 by CPTBadAss »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 16:32:15 »
Confirmed. Buckling spring kills pigeons.

Offline dannrawr

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 03:40:43 »
Thrifted a Sony Mavica MVC-FD7. Instead of an SD card, it uses a 3.5" floppy disk.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

whoa a camera that used floppy disk?! i cant even

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 10:48:39 »

I guess I'm collecting cameras now? Wtf.

Clockwise from top left: Sony Mavica, Gameboy Color with Gameboy Camera, Instax Mini 8, Olympus EPL3, Nikon FE

Offline widdlekitty

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 15:24:17 »
Show Image

Clockwise from top left: Sony Mavica, Gameboy Color with Gameboy Camera, Instax Mini 8, Olympus EPL3, Nikon FE

Solid collection!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 12:33:23 »
Need stop buying keyboards and get a decent camera.  :-[

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 12:35:02 »
Show Image

gbc camera is hot

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 12:38:46 »
Show Image

gbc camera is hot

Still hunting for the gold Zelda edition.  :-\

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 22:01:37 »

Shot with this today. Olympus Epl3 with a Tokina 28mm prime lens.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 22:08:55 »
Canon 7d with 18-135 with IS and battery grip with two batteries for longer run time also has a 32Gb compact flash card for weddings
Canon Rebel XTi with Lensbaby Composer and macro kit
75-300

Funny I should see this post just as I am getting ready to dig it ou to get some shots of the buzzer circuit board for a thread.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline ntw

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 06:19:41 »
Pssttt all these DSLRs... I'll present my camera

Wishlist: Hungrkey, Creamsicle Skullthulhu, MDMAver Skullthulhu, Goo, Taka

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 07:58:03 »
Ugh, those Leicas widdlekitty..

My dad tells me my grandad had two M3s from my grand grandad (and a Rolleiflex.. not sure which one), but has since lost them :'(
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 17:42:06 »
Been really into converting old lenses lately :cool:

Offline Zylkan

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 16:36:11 »
Been really into converting old lenses lately :cool:

Show Image

Show Image

Coooool! I have a couple of Soviets myself

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 15:26:39 »
Thought I'd revive this thread since I know a few geekhackers that have been getting new camera gear :cool:
That and I got snowed in today :))

Sony a7 ii

Sony a7r iii

Epson R-D1

Fast boiz, f/0.95 - f/1.2

DIY mount/adapted lenses

Rangefinder glass :cool:

Fujinon 55mm f/2.2, my favorite Fuji lens.
Was able to find 3 different revisions of it.

Some others that I couldn't really find a theme for.
Notable ones are the Cooke Ivotal 25mm f/1.4, Helios 44-2 58mm f/2.0 and a Nikkor 35mm f/2.0 that CPTBadAss included with one of his zines :-*

Leica SOOPD barn door lens shades :p

Probably my most used lenses when not shooting product/keyboard stills :)

Zenitar ME1 50mm f/1.7, every photo besides this one was shot with this lens.
This one was shot with the Nikkor 35mm f/2.0.
All photos shot @f2.8 on both lenses.

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 15:40:03 »
Wonderful collection of glass there Switchnollie!  Now how many of those can I fit on my Canon XSi?

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 18:35:44 »
Wonderful collection of glass there Switchnollie!  Now how many of those can I fit on my Canon XSi?

A few of them can, I don't know much about adapting to SLR but I know people do with M42 lenses etc.
Just not the rangefinder stuff which gets too close to the sensor.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 01:21:57 »
Thought I'd revive this thread since I know a few geekhackers that have been getting new camera gear :cool:
:dogedayum:

i already ordered like 3 old lenses recently, and your photos make me want to get more. 

the adapter for my componar was supposed to be delivered today, but my recent usps delivery people have been doofuses and have been leaving "while you were out" notices even when someone is home.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 14:37:44 »
i already ordered like 3 old lenses recently

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 00:49:33 »
CLA'd the Japanese Summicron & re-skinned the ol' Epson with black lizard :cool:

Offline Ridingmac

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 08:22:27 »
This is the only picture i have. My Yashica fr film camera. Underneath it i havr my canon 6d and canon t4i along with a few lenses

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 11:17:41 »

Show Image

Sony a7 ii

Show Image

Sony a7r iii

Show Image

Epson R-D1

Show Image

Show Image

DIY mount/adapted lenses

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Notable ones are the Cooke Ivotal 25mm f/1.4, Helios 44-2 58mm f/2.0 and a Nikkor 35mm f/2.0 that CPTBadAss included with one of his zines :-*

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Damn! Very lovely collection you got there. Especially the fast boyz.  :-* If i look up on ebay - that Canon F0.95 costs like all my lenses together  :))

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 12:17:52 »
I found a film camera at Goodwill for $4.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 04:00:13 »

Show Image

Sony a7 ii

Show Image

Sony a7r iii

Show Image

Epson R-D1

Show Image

Show Image

DIY mount/adapted lenses

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

By far one of the most dedicated and creative photographers on geekhack, really impressive collection and DIY work :D

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 04:03:05 »

haha i was too busy looking at all the pics of nice lenses that i missed this bit of your post.

lul snowed in

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 01:39:53 »
Damn! Very lovely collection you got there. Especially the fast boyz.  :-* If i look up on ebay - that Canon F0.95 costs like all my lenses together  :))

Yeah the price on that has jumped a bit, I had to restore mine from just the inner barrel so it was much cheaper in all.

I found a film camera at Goodwill for $4.

Maybe it's a rare Leica that you can sell for $100k :)

This is the only picture i have. My Yashica fr film camera. Underneath it i havr my canon 6d and canon t4i along with a few lenses

Very nice, Yashica is classic :cool:

By far one of the most dedicated and creative photographers on geekhack, really impressive collection and DIY work :D

Thank :) :cool:

haha i was too busy looking at all the pics of nice lenses that i missed this bit of your post.

lul snowed in

It's melted now :cool:

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 14:13:20 »
I recently purchased a new lens! Nikkor-s Auto 50mm f/1.4

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 14:43:00 »
so many people posting vintage/antique/cool gear!

Nothing special here on my end. 5D Mark III with some L lenses.

Just got a drone though... Might have to take a layflat picture of all my gear.
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 15:56:42 »
I recently purchased a new lens! Nikkor-s Auto 50mm f/1.4

Show Image

Very nice lens, Firebolt1914.

Out of the old 50mm lenses Nikons are some of the best.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 09:47:33 »
I also own few lenses. They are not vintage but they do have special look ;)

Extra pic with 35mm since it does match the body so well.

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 16:26:10 »
been using this bad boy for about 11 years now
214204-0

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 17:21:23 »
I also own few lenses. They are not vintage but they do have special look ;)
Show Image

Extra pic with 35mm since it does match the body so well.
Show Image

Very nice 😎

The native Fuji lenses on the camera do have a great look.
Some of the most stylish OEM stuff for sure.

Offline danwomansan

• Also known by my real name, ********!
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 14:22:18 »
recently got my first camera in a long time, and also my first camera that isn't a point-and-shoot !

218661-0

noisy image, was at max ISO and my camera is kinda old

EOS 350D with a kit zoom

and i have some vintage glass coming soon
it's pronounced "danw omansen", not "dan woman san"

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 14:42:04 »
Here is mine!

-Sony a6500

-Sigma 30 f1.4

-Smallrig Cage with wooden handle

I have a couple more lenses but this is the one that stays on most of the time.

218664-0

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 09:59:18 »

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 14:17:34 »
quote author=romevi link=topic=81205.msg2760520#msg2760520 date=1557327558]

[/quote]

Snap some pics of game controllers with it :cool:

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 19:31:07 »
macro tube

« Last Edit: Mon, 11 November 2019, 23:07:35 by switchnollie »

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #84 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 11:54:19 »
:cool:

DIY lens shade for 55mm threaded lenses.
Designed for the 7artisans 50/1.1 but works well on other lenses with a focal length of 50mm and up.
Inspired by the big Nikon RF 50/1.1 lens shade.

Made of brass and leather.
Black enamel coated so it wears like black paint Leica.

Clamps onto a brass 55mm adapter ring so the lens doesn't risk damage.

Cutouts let your rangefinder camera function properly.
When the camera has a wider RF/VF distance like on Leica or Contax just rotate so the cutouts line up with those windows.

:cool: that viewfinder blockage :cool:

:cool: impractical :cool:

:cool: steampunk :cool:

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 15:37:50 »
:cool: Stay hydrated :cool:

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #86 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 19:57:47 »
:cool: Stay hydrated :cool:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I follow a twitter account that reminds me to drink water

Offline widdlekitty

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 23:06:40 »

Holiday gift to myself. Always wanted a brand new Leica. The M-As seem to be perpetually out of stock, so when I saw one become available I decided to make the jump. Paired with a new (to me) 28mm Summicron ASPH.

Viva analog.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 14:01:41 »
Great get, looks very classic :thumb:

Still haven't switched to an electronic Leica myself as the M4 is doing fine, went with the 28 ASPH recently as well but Elmarit since it's smaller although I do prefer faster lenses :cool:

Offline widdlekitty

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 23:17:35 »

Still haven't switched to an electronic Leica myself as the M4 is doing fine, went with the 28 ASPH recently as well but Elmarit since it's smaller although I do prefer faster lenses :cool:

Still all mechanical! Basically an MP without the light meter. I considered heavily the Elmarit, but wound up going Summicron mostly because I was used to that size already (very similar to the 50 cron) and I tend to do a fair amount of natural light interior stuff. Would have considered a Summilux if it werent so big or expensive!

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 01:35:02 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I have to say I was floored by the photo you took with this camera.  I'm always in awe of people who know how to use a camera because I just absolutely can't.  I had this floppy disk camera as a child so I know it's limitations and all of the photos I took then (and even today with modern tech) are just a blurry grainy alias mess.
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #91 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 16:12:54 »

Still all mechanical! Basically an MP without the light meter. I considered heavily the Elmarit, but wound up going Summicron mostly because I was used to that size already (very similar to the 50 cron) and I tend to do a fair amount of natural light interior stuff. Would have considered a Summilux if it werent so big or expensive!

Yeah I was saying that is in I still haven't switched myself as you didn't :)

I tried the 28 Lux at Leica here and boy is it nice 😫 $8k though for sure too much 😆

What films are you using?

Offline alas26

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 18:05:04 »

Show Image

Designed for the 7artisans 50/1.1 but works well on other lenses with a focal length of 50mm and up.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

When the camera has a wider RF/VF distance like on Leica or Contax just rotate so the cutouts line up with those windows.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow- beautiful RD! Do you still shoot with it? Do you love it!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bitdrive

• * Maker
  • Sup I’m new and takin a look around
    • @bitdrive Instagram
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 19:13:02 »
Here’s an old Bauer 88B Film camera I bought a couple weeks back, haven’t gotten to test it yet though

Offline Bitdrive

• * Maker
  • Sup I’m new and takin a look around
    • @bitdrive Instagram
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 04 February 2021, 17:22:35 »
How about this nice welta pronto flip out camera I got , not much to say about this exept that I reall like it and it’s Great in the collection :)
261462-0261464-1

Offline niorob

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 14:06:21 »
Have had my Blackmagic cameras for a while now and I love them! Beautiful image quality and great software. Highly recommend to anyone that's on the fence about picking one up.
266043-0
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 April 2021, 14:09:13 by niorob »

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 21:03:17 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow- beautiful RD! Do you still shoot with it? Do you love it!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just sold it last week but it was the funnest camera to use that I owned. One of my favs for sure.

Hoping someone comes up with a full frame camera like it, although it's not likely 😌

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 16:51:58 »
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.