Author Topic: [GB] Elvish PBT SA dye-sub & Laser Engraved Keycap set, Shipping  (Read 64583 times)

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
Re: [GB] Elvish PBT SA dye-sub & Laser Engraved Keycap set
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 02:38:10 »
Hi,
Every body.
We received the sample today.
I'll take some pics and upload later today.

Some issue has been fixed and it's better than first one.
But in my opinion, I'm still not satisfy.
It's still way off good production.

We might have to change factory which I'm satisfied with their sample on other product.
You can see the pics in this thread, it's the cherry profile keycaps from this factory :
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=86537.0
The keycap and printing quality is both great, and they're able to make 5 side dye-sub printing.
So we can use it to get better touch felling than laser engraved mod keys.

This means third sample is necessary.
But Chinese New Year is coming and factory is going to have vacation.
So the guy who runs the factory tell us they can start process the sample on Feb 10.
They can finish it with in about 1 week. It also take 1 week for us to receive sample.
Than it takes about 10~ 15 days for mass production.

Because of change printing tech, the price might raise.
For orders already placed, we won't charge any additional fee if you still want to stay in this GB.
For new orders, we'll discuss with factory for pricing and change the price.

A good news is if we change factory, we'll able to get more extra keys.
Will list the extra list later :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 January 2017, 02:48:41 by sennin32 »

Offline Dyaems

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 20:59:13 »
are the mods for the third sample will also be using reverse dyesub instead of printed? since it comes from the same factory

B.face X2
  65g Zealios

Offline Liam

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 10:48:19 »
are the mods for the third sample will also be using reverse dyesub instead of printed? since it comes from the same factory
He said he has to change the factory tho.

Hope I'll get my set before my birthday in the April. So at least I have a gift for myself :p
IBM Model M - Leopold 750r - Custom Numpad

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 10:57:44 »

Hope I'll get my set before my birthday in the April. So at least I have a gift for myself :p

I think Dyaems meant if production is changed from the original manufacturer to the same factory that made the reverse dye-sub camo set posted above.

Offline Liam

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 16:01:39 »

I think Dyaems meant if production is changed from the original manufacturer to the same factory that made the reverse dye-sub camo set posted above.
Oh my bad on that. I'm also curious if we gonna get a dye-sub set since he said "change printing tech."
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 January 2017, 16:03:58 by Liam »

Offline Traveler

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 17:15:00 »
When are we going to see pics of the second sample? Any update you can give us?

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 09:01:22 »
Hi,
Every body, sorry for late reply.
Here is the pic : (More pics : http://imgur.com/a/sYm5g)

You'll find that some caps is not centered well.
This can be solved by pick failed caps by manpower.
But over all, the quality is not good enough.
So I want to change manufacturer and make is with 5 side dye-sub with inverse legend.

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 09:05:56 »

Hi,
We have some buffer on the time line, if every thing goes well.
We can still catch it.

Yes you're correct!

Yes, and for mod keys, change from laser engrave to dye-sub as well!

Offline bananapanda

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 16:10:35 »
Is this still open? The link for the extras is no longer working

Offline Traveler

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 20:04:23 »
I hope the extras are still a thing. I added them to my group buy order a few weeks ago haha...

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 20:21:37 »

It looks like everything is on hold until mid to late February.

And Sennin said that changing manufacturers means additional extras.

See here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=86395.msg2338073#msg2338073
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 January 2017, 20:24:25 by nsmechkb »

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 04:09:27 »
I feel like this should be closed until you figure out a new manufacturer, then you should just open a brand new groupbuy. It's really confusing for everyone right now.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 09:55:23 »
I feel like this should be closed until you figure out a new manufacturer, then you should just open a brand new groupbuy. It's really confusing for everyone right now.

Not too bad of an idea really. What would happen to the existing orders? Would they stay placed or would they be refunded and the whole thing start from scratch?

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 11:10:03 »
I mean I'd say refund them. I'm not trying to be mean or a downer, but this isn't even a groupbuy right now. There's now plan for who's going to be doing the dyesubbing, and we might even end up with a slightly different product than originally suggested because of it.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline NoGoN

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 16:33:39 »
As someone who has bought this why not stick with the same factory point out the flaws and just run the GB maybe even cherry pick keys like you said if thats possible. If we are switching factories and doing all this random stuff might as well refund and start from scratch.

Offline Dyaems

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 18:47:15 »
why refund where the people who already ordered won't be charged extra after switching manufactuers? Oh no, I have yet to order, sadly.

For orders already placed, we won't charge any additional fee if you still want to stay in this GB.

B.face X2
  65g Zealios

Offline NoGoN

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 22:57:15 »
Well if its guranteed a new factory is going to handle the order and it is going to come out the same then by all means keep my money I honestly dont care how it gets done but if you are going to send us samples for the next 4 months and not sure which factory to choose and so on and so fourth might as well give us the refund cause its going to become odd and confusing. Plus I entered this GB under the impression he for the most part had things in order which I still have faith, but when you are changing things like this and theres a possible chance it keeps changing its not even the original Groupbuy cause who knows what the product is in the end. Keep my money and get it made

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 23:12:43 »

Not too bad of an idea really. What would happen to the existing orders? Would they stay placed or would they be refunded and the whole thing start from scratch?

I mean I'd say refund them. I'm not trying to be mean or a downer, but this isn't even a groupbuy right now. There's now plan for who's going to be doing the dyesubbing, and we might even end up with a slightly different product than originally suggested because of it.

Our idea now is that if anybody want refund and make decision later, we'll do it.
And for orders decide not to quit, we'll keep processing.

Yes, it might has slightly different.
Mainly because of the printing tech of the mod keys.
Origin : dip-dye + laser engrave
New plan : all dye-sub, with inverse legends

I hope the extras are still a thing. I added them to my group buy order a few weeks ago haha...

Hi, as we told, we'll have more extra now.
So the price will become higher.
But for guys already ordered and not cancel the order, we'll send the final set with all extras as new orders.
But we can't let anyone join the extra now cause we have to take a while to make some calculation.
And decide how many keys will end up add.
Or we'll lose too many money on upgrade those new orders...

As someone who has bought this why not stick with the same factory point out the flaws and just run the GB maybe even cherry pick keys like you said if thats possible. If we are switching factories and doing all this random stuff might as well refund and start from scratch.

The designing file is from us.
So the design will be the same :)

Cause after we received some samples from 3 factories.
A : Which were making sample for us with this Elvish.
B : Pretty nice quality and low quotation.
C : The one made camouflage sample, I received this sample after GB start O_Q.

A is way off quality compare to B and C.
B has only top printing tech.
C got higher price but the quality is impressive.

They can also do the same tech as first manufacturer(dip-dye + laser engrave) with same price.
But if there's better solution, I think I'll take the better one -0-

why refund where the people who already ordered won't be charged extra after switching manufactuers? Oh no, I have yet to order, sadly.

I think somebody will afraid that they can't get what they expect.
So refund is also a option :)

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 02:56:04 »
Well if its guranteed a new factory is going to handle the order and it is going to come out the same then by all means keep my money I honestly dont care how it gets done but if you are going to send us samples for the next 4 months and not sure which factory to choose and so on and so fourth might as well give us the refund cause its going to become odd and confusing. Plus I entered this GB under the impression he for the most part had things in order which I still have faith, but when you are changing things like this and theres a possible chance it keeps changing its not even the original Groupbuy cause who knows what the product is in the end. Keep my money and get it made

Hi,
The top priority for us is not delay the delivery time.
But we have some buffer at beginning our plan.
So I think we have some chance to improve it.
I think most of buyers does not care who make this in the end.
What people care is what they get should be the same as they except.

We'll make a final decision during Feb.
If new sample is better, change manufacturer.
If not, pick failed caps manually.

Offline NoGoN

Sounds perfect man cant wait to get them in my hand soonish =D

Offline Geckt

Will wait, but, really liked to know what's happening with the extra kit and what's more/less in it.

So what's the plan?
7U wkl bottom row, 1.75U right shift and blanks in R2 and R3?

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk

Offline colbs

First post here to say that I quite like this set, and hope the manufacturing issues all get worked out.

One note though, the scroll lock key is misspelled as "scoroll lock."  This problem exists on both sets of samples, so it doesn't seem to be a one time error.  Hopefully that can be rectified prior to starting full production?

Offline Traveler

Whoa, good catch! I never noticed the scroll lock misspelling.

Offline colbs

Hi all,

I emailed Sennin to inform him of the spelling error on the scroll lock key, to make sure he is made aware of the issue in case he isn't following this thread closely.  Just wanted to let everyone know so we don't all spam him with emails/PMs regarding the exact same problem.

I assume he will post an update to the thread regarding the error, but if he responds directly to me without updating the thread I will forward along any information I get.

Cheers

Offline Dyaems

probably the scroll lock typo is one of the reasons why Sennin did not push through with the previous manufacturer. since the scroll lock is already a typo on the first batch of pictures  :)

B.face X2
  65g Zealios

Offline colbs

probably the scroll lock typo is one of the reasons why Sennin did not push through with the previous manufacturer. since the scroll lock is already a typo on the first batch of pictures  :)

Could be, but the error was on both samples, so there could be an error in the design file that Sennin sent them.  Figured it was worth emailing him in case the error was on his end, and he can change it prior to full production :)

Either way, looking forward to seeing how the reverse dyesub process works out.  If that is done well, I think that is a much better approach than dip dyeing + laser etching.

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
Hi,
Sorry, everyone for late reply.
It's Chinese New Year since late Jan to early Feb.
We just back to work last week.
I'm not yet back to Taiwan, have only limited time to access internet.

Will wait, but, really liked to know what's happening with the extra kit and what's more/less in it.

So what's the plan?
7U wkl bottom row, 1.75U right shift and blanks in R2 and R3?

Hi, if we finally decide changing manufacturer.
It should include 7u and 6u space.

First post here to say that I quite like this set, and hope the manufacturing issues all get worked out.

One note though, the scroll lock key is misspelled as "scoroll lock."  This problem exists on both sets of samples, so it doesn't seem to be a one time error.  Hopefully that can be rectified prior to starting full production?

Could be, but the error was on both samples, so there could be an error in the design file that Sennin sent them.  Figured it was worth emailing him in case the error was on his end, and he can change it prior to full production :)

Either way, looking forward to seeing how the reverse dyesub process works out.  If that is done well, I think that is a much better approach than dip dyeing + laser etching.
Yes, we found "Scroll Lock" issue last week, this is a error with our file.
It's not manufacturer's fault.
We've correct the file and going to try 5 side dye-sub production :)

Offline Liam

Any estimated time for the next sample to arrive?

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
Any estimated time for the next sample to arrive?
Hi,
We should receive it around Feb 25th!

Offline nurbs

Just a confirmation - this GB is still active for the 104 keys + 4 blanks? The link says it has ended on 1-10-2017 but looks like it still allows us to join? Have a fullsize with media keys that would go great with this set.

And the modifier keys are laser engraved instead of dye-sub, correct?
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 February 2017, 16:37:19 by nurbs »

Offline colbs

Just a confirmation - this GB is still active for the 104 keys + 4 blanks? The link says it has ended on 1-10-2017 but looks like it still allows us to join? Have a fullsize with media keys that would go great with this set.

And the modifier keys are laser engraved instead of dye-sub, correct?

Sennin is switching manufacturers, and the new manufacturer does 5 side dyesubbing.  So if the new sample is good, the modifiers will be reverse dyesubbed instead of laser etched as originally planned.

Sennin will have to let you know if the GB is still active, I don't know about that.

Offline nurbs

Also, is there a deep dish F and J? Did not notice any mention of that.

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
I'd be curious if the buy is still open as well. Unfortunately I discovered this a bit late...

Offline Tally810

If the samples look good count me in.  I'm gonna support anything green since there's not enough of it

Offline Rykno

If the samples look good count me in.  I'm gonna support anything green since there's not enough of it

agreed

Offline Geckt

It's gonna take about another week before the sample comes in, hopefully it's possible to have the 7U, 1.75 and 1.5U mods for non-standard layouts.

Offline zl_ramiel

I got my Elvish SA set about a month ago from the Chinese GB. The set looks great at a distance but the printing quality is indeed a pain.

I really want to see what your caps will look like after changing the factory.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 February 2017, 11:51:22 by zl_ramiel »

Offline Liam

I got my Elvish SA set about a month ago from the Chinese GB. The set looks great at a distance but the printing quality is indeed a pain.

Are the keys in PBT also?

Offline Geckt

@Sennin32: pictures please, and there's already a mention of the set already out on TB a month ago....

I am hoping it'll be much better than that set released then.

Offline zl_ramiel

Of course they are PBT

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
Hi,
We've update the latest pictures of this GB.
It's much better than last sample after we make a new file.
But there's still 5% fail rate.
We'll pick those filed caps by hand after manufacturing.
Please take a look on first post of this thread :)

@Sennin32: pictures please, and there's already a mention of the set already out on TB a month ago....

I am hoping it'll be much better than that set released then.

Hi,
Yes, this set is released before Chinese New Year in China.
But there's some issues of the cap I can't accept.
Fonts, laser, and dye-sub is not good enough so we want to improve it.
One of my partner is okay with that, so...

Offline nurbs

@ sennin32

I asked this earlier on this thread - but is this GB still open? Can we still join?

Also, are the F and J keys scooped?

Thanks!

The caps look great BTW. Lovin the Elvish theme.

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
@ sennin32

I asked this earlier on this thread - but is this GB still open? Can we still join?

Thanks!

Hi,
Yes you can still join it.
GB haven't get the quantity we ordered.
Still dozens set available.

But due to production issue, we can't offer the same price as beginning for new orders :(

Offline nurbs

@ sennin32

Thanks!

Hi,
Yes you can still join it.
GB haven't get the quantity we ordered.
Still dozens set available.

But due to production issue, we can't offer the same price as beginning for new orders :(

Fair enough, thanks Sennin.

Which one is cheaper? Both links (tray and no tray) have it at $80.

Offline Geckt

@Sennin32: Good to know, been waiting for a peek at them.

Can't wait to slap them on my keyboard.

« Last Edit: Sat, 11 March 2017, 01:04:43 by Geckt »

Offline Traveler

The difference is in the shipping cost. When I asked about it about two months ago the tray cost $5 extra to ship. They tray/box is plan white with nothing special on it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 March 2017, 22:14:23 by Traveler »

Offline knackbrod

So to be totally clear, if we ordered back in January from your site at the price then, we are still good to go, and eventually it will be shipped out?

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
Fair enough, thanks Sennin.

The difference is in the shipping cost. When I asked about it admit two months ago the tray cost $5 extra to ship. They tray/box is plan white with nothing special on it.

Yes, only shipping fee is different :)

So to be totally clear, if we ordered back in January from your site at the price then, we are still good to go, and eventually it will be shipped out?
Yes, for now, we might lose some money for earlier order.
But those orders are still valid.
Only for new coming orders will get higher price due to manufacture issues :)

Offline Traveler

Any news on this group buy? What are the new dates for the group buy ending, and when do you estimate this will be shipped?

Offline Geckt

@Sennin32: Is possible to give us a firmer delivery date estimated now?

It's already mid-March, and this was somewhere the time is set for the GB to be shipped out.

Since the printer has changed and that the time given wouldn't be quite possible,
I think it would be better that you state again when is the new dates set for shipping out?