Author Topic: [GB] Elvish PBT SA dye-sub & Laser Engraved Keycap set, Shipping  (Read 64895 times)

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
@Sennin32: Is possible to give us a firmer delivery date estimated now?

It's already mid-March, and this was somewhere the time is set for the GB to be shipped out.

Since the printer has changed and that the time given wouldn't be quite possible,
I think it would be better that you state again when is the new dates set for shipping out?

Hi,
We've confirmed last design and sample, started manufacturing.
And will ship around late Mar to early Apr :)

Offline Liam

It's already mid-March, and this was somewhere the time is set for the GB to be shipped out.

Since the printer has changed and that the time given wouldn't be quite possible,
I think it would be better that you state again when is the new dates set for shipping out?

Hi,
Is that possible for me to jump in the GB right now? I don't think you guys announced the GB was back on when you started manufacturing.
IBM Model M - Leopold 750r - Custom Numpad

Offline Geckt

Hi,
Is that possible for me to jump in the GB right now? I don't think you guys announced the GB was back on when you started manufacturing.

The GB page on site is still up, if you're interested in joining it now. Site info is on the OP.

Offline Geckt

Hi,

:thumb:

PS: So, I hope I didn't missed anything but I saw the spacebar in the sample was dyed green, I hoped it stays as plain white.

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio

Hi,

PS: So, I hope I didn't missed anything but I saw the spacebar in the sample was dyed green, I hoped it stays as plain white.

Hi,
It's for testing the 5 side dye-sub.
And the pic is just show that.
And we found 5 side dye-sub is not proper to make SA caps cause the color change.
The result is not very good.
So, as we mentioned, we'll change factory and refactor the design file.
But use the same way to process it.

It's already under manufacturing.
We've received some pics of the caps that already finished, few of them has printing issue now.
(off center, again)
But after communication, we've spotted what cause the issue and fixed it.
We'll receive first batch during late March.
We believe printing quality will better than the GB with same design which ran in China -0-

Offline Geckt

Hi,

Hi,
And we found 5 side dye-sub is not proper to make SA caps cause the color change.

We've received some pics of the caps that already finished, few of them has printing issue now.
(off center, again)

Yes!

Had been waiting to hear this news, I believed I also emailed you regarding an error for my contact numbers.

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio

Hi,

Hi,

(off center, again)

Yes!

Had been waiting to hear this news, I believed I also emailed you regarding an error for my contact numbers.

!?
Which email you sent to?
Seems I didn't notice any mail about wrong number recently.

And yes, finally it's going to finish.
This is the first time we running a keycaps GB
So many problems have to be solved.  :eek:

Offline Geckt

Hi,

Hi,

(off center, again)

Yes!

!?
Which email you sent to?

I replied to the info@doyustudio.com email. I will PM you the corrections instead.

Offline Liam

I believe I ordered after the production line had started. So, approximately when I will receive my caps? Am I in the second batch or my order is the same as everyone elses?

Offline quidpq

Seeing at it's now April we should be expecting a shipped notification soon, yes?
Very excited to see it.

Offline Slagathor

Any chance of this buy still being open, this would lead me one step closer to nerd heaven. Thanks

Offline Traveler

Any updates? It's well into April and you haven't said anything. How are things coming along?

Offline Geckt

团长,人家说的也没错。
常追问你也很不好意思呢。。。
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 April 2017, 05:01:43 by Geckt »

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
Any chance of this buy still being open, this would lead me one step closer to nerd heaven. Thanks

Hi,

Hi,

(off center, again)

Yes!

!?
Which email you sent to?

I replied to the info@doyustudio.com email. I will PM you the corrections instead.

Please send to sales@doyustudio.com :)
info is only for sending mails.

Seeing at it's now April we should be expecting a shipped notification soon, yes?
Very excited to see it.

I believe I ordered after the production line had started. So, approximately when I will receive my caps? Am I in the second batch or my order is the same as everyone elses?

Any updates? It's well into April and you haven't said anything. How are things coming along?

Sorry,
Manufacturer told us it will has delay last week...
An following pic is from manufacturer, it's improved those issues :
https://www.facebook.com/douystudio/photos/p.782303888595714/782303888595714/?type=3&theater

团长,人家说的也没错。
常追问你也很不好意思呢。。。

唉,有的人做事態度太糟糕,一直拿根本沒達到基本要求的東西,
還跟我說這樣已經不錯了,國內人對這個都沒意見什麼狗屁的,我實在不能接受出貨那樣的東西,
已經跟這次合作夥伴要求重作第三次了,
年後改完檔案,把所有檔案都用相當標準、精確的尺寸去做,結果工廠在重新排要符合熱昇華冶具的檔案時,
居然又歪了,這真的是很神奇,於是我又把這份檔案拿來,親自再修改一次,
才會搞到現在還在生產

其實我也超不爽,上周給他們一個比較嚴重的對話,
他們這樣搞也是影響我的信用,我根本很難跟人交代,
而且後面要開團的東西也沒辦法按照時程開始,
本來已經找到一個不錯廠家能做,雖然價格比較高,做出來會虧點錢,
但他們前兩個月都在忙著生產另一套東西,沒時間幫我做這套,
只好一步一步看他們到底哪裡出問題我自己下去改
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 April 2017, 22:43:40 by sennin32 »

Offline quidpq

Hi all, for those that cannot read mandarin and would like some additional details...

Sennin is now extremely frustrated with the attitude and work ethic of the people he's in contact with for manufacturing. After constantly nitpicking and re-working the design file, he finally had everything in order (already after 3 test trials) LO AND BEHOLD, the legends were crooked again! This is crazy, considering all files were standardized and very accurate. Now that the samples have come back satisfactory, production has commenced.

On a personal note, this is first group buy, and he realizes the toll on his credibility the delay will have. But he's tried his best to work with a unresponsive manufacturer (which they were lucky to find), is walking through every detail and is continuing to produce the first round of sets at a loss.

--

Yes, my keycaps are costing him money. I for one, will be more than happy to pay the difference once I receive them. Many thanks, 老版

Offline Geckt

Hi all, for those that cannot read mandarin and would like some additional details...

Sennin is now extremely frustrated with the attitude and work ethic of the people he's in contact with for manufacturing. After constantly nitpicking and re-working the design file, he finally had everything in order (already after 3 test trials) LO AND BEHOLD, the legends were crooked again! This is crazy, considering all files were standardized and very accurate. Now that the samples have come back satisfactory, production has commenced.

On a personal note, this is first group buy, and he realizes the toll on his credibility the delay will have. But he's tried his best to work with a unresponsive manufacturer (which they were lucky to find), is walking through every detail and is continuing to produce the first round of sets at a loss.

--

Yes, my keycaps are costing him money. I for one, will be more than happy to pay the difference once I receive them. Many thanks, 老版
Thanks, I was to translate that when Sennin32 replies but I'm ninja'd.

And to translate what I asked in mandarin exactly as well: The earlier post from traveler wasn't wrong, and it wouldn't be nice if we kept chasing Sennin32 for updates either.

Edit: that said, I still wouldn't ask for a refund but I am willing to pay the additional costs if any on top of my orders when I get mine too, this is definitely one of the sets I am really liking a lot that's not SP SA because of the Elvish legends used.

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 April 2017, 00:28:05 by Geckt »

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio

--

Thanks for the translate -0-

--

Thanks, I was to translate that when Sennin32 replies but I'm ninja'd.

And to translate what I asked in mandarin exactly as well: The earlier post from traveler wasn't wrong either, and it wouldn't be nice if we kept chasing Sennin32 for updates either.

It's okay,
We're keeping ask for update from manufacturer, it's our responsibility.
It's the first time we run a GB with custom item.
We made a bad management for the quality control, and I'm totally not agree with the word from partner that he told me "This is okay".
So, I check the manufacturing several times try to figure out what goes wrong.
Finally I think I've spotted what cause the issue.
But it's delayed :(

Offline Geckt

It's ok, we (I for one.) can wait when you are being up front with the situation.

If I didn't had any confidence in you, I would have already made a chargeback.

Edit: don't give up, 加油!

« Last Edit: Tue, 11 April 2017, 01:37:28 by Geckt »

Offline nonah

Thanks a lot for making sure quality is good. I'd much, much rather wait a few weeks (or even months) longer than to receive something of subpar quality.

Keep up the awesome work :thumb:

Offline Liam

Any update on the set?

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
Any update on the set?

Hi,
They should finish next week.
And I'll ask for the final pic again make sure every thing goes right.
We're really sorry for series delay... :'(

Offline Liam

Any update on the set?

Hi,
They should finish next week.
And I'll ask for the final pic again make sure every thing goes right.
We're really sorry for series delay... :'(
Appreciate the update :thumb: Also, I have a question regard my order. I joined the groupbuy late so I don't know if I'm in the first batch or not. Can you help me check my order? Thank you.

Offline quidpq

老版,五月了都。Shipping soon I hope?  ;D

Offline Geckt

我也好兴奋,买了个新版的白色VA108M等这套宝贝来配上。

Can't wait to slap this babies on my white VA108M.

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio

S

Sorry for let you guys wait for so long O_Q
https://www.facebook.com/douystudio/photos/a.653641221461982.1073741829.538241923001913/797892877036815/?type=3

Green part of extra set is finished.
We just got pics from manufacturer.
We're can ship them soon!

Offline Geckt

S

Sorry for let you guys wait for so long O_Q
https://www.facebook.com/douystudio/photos/a.653641221461982.1073741829.538241923001913/797892877036815/?type=3

Green part of extra set is finished.
We just got pics from manufacturer.
We're can ship them soon!
There's really nothing to be sorry for besides it's the nature of GBs, if those that really cannot wait you should just let them have their funds back.

Anyway, those light green mods are looking pretty nice. :D

« Last Edit: Wed, 03 May 2017, 07:17:01 by Geckt »

Offline quidpq

Hi sennin,

I emailed the shiangyuyang email about confirming my address before shipping. Should I do that here through PM instead?

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
Hi sennin,

I emailed the shiangyuyang email about confirming my address before shipping. Should I do that here through PM instead?
Hi,
No problem, I'll check it later :)

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
Hi,
This set finally finished.
Pic is from manufacturer.
Shot by phone, will update new pics few days ago.
You can check the off center issue has been solved :)

« Last Edit: Mon, 08 May 2017, 22:39:55 by sennin32 »

Offline Liam

Hi sennin,

Hi,
Hey sennin, I've sent you a pm and a message on facebook but never got an answer :'(

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
Hi sennin,

Hi,
Hey sennin, I've sent you a pm and a message on facebook but never got an answer :'(

@@
We should already answered!?
May I ask your name?

Offline Liam

Hi sennin,

Hi,

@@
We should already answered!?
May I ask your name?
Oh yeah I got the answer this morning :thumb:

Offline Geckt

Hi,
This set finally finished.
Pic is from manufacturer.
Shot by phone, will update new pics few days ago.
You can check the off center issue has been solved :)

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nice.     :)
will be waiting for my email confirmation.

Offline quidpq

When will we be receiving tracking numbers?

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
Most keycaps is arrived include extra set.
We are picking them now :)
Will send it in few days!

And we put extra 2 more space bar in every set.
Light green and deep green,
I guess it will be pretty useful!

Offline Geckt

Yes! :))

Definitely will post it up with my VA108m once i get my hands on them.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 May 2017, 09:29:01 by Geckt »

Offline icedtia

I've been following this for a while now and am so excited to see the results! I see that it's still available for purchase on your site... does that mean I can still join and get a set?

Offline Liam

I've been following this for a while now and am so excited to see the results! I see that it's still available for purchase on your site... does that mean I can still join and get a set?
You should try to reach them out on Facebook for faster reply :thumb:

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio

It's is ended and we're picking them now @@
Will check if there's any left after ship all orders :)

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
Re: [GB] Elvish PBT SA dye-sub & Laser Engraved Keycap set, Shipping
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 09:49:53 »
Hi,
Everybody.
This GB has started shipping.
But we pick/check it one by one, might take a while to ship all orders :)

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 21:15:05 »
YAY! :))
I'm just glad you kept the manufacturer held to high standards. I'm sure these will be fine caps! Thanks again, i know this one took a lot of work.  :thumb:
-Dana

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
« Reply #142 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 05:48:23 »
I'm just glad you kept the manufacturer held to high standards. I'm sure these will be fine caps! Thanks again, i know this one took a lot of work.  :thumb:

No,
They pissed me off again.
I just shout them this week = =
We finally do cherry pick ourselves.
The other guy I know is laughing at us about this project.
I'll never cooperate with this manufacturer again.

Offline Geckt

« Reply #143 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 07:17:45 »

No,
You don't have get all that angry, you already earned another supporter here.
I'm definitely in for more of your GBs.

Will you drop the Filco Aluminium Case here for a GB too?

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 07:43:47 »

No,

Yes,
But I want to wait till we shipped most of orders of this GB.
The case has some details has to modify.
And it will come with separable cable design.

Offline Geckt

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 07:47:48 »

No,

Yes,
But I want to wait till we shipped most of orders of this GB.
The case has some details has to modify.
And it will come with separable cable design.
Nice!

I will definitely jump in for one if possible.  😁

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #146 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 08:00:29 »
Don't worry too much. The only other place we can get SA style caps puts our orders on hold for 9 months and tells us they wont be helping us do more for the rest of the year.  ;)
-Dana

Offline childofthehorn

« Reply #147 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 14:42:51 »
Don't worry too much. The only other place we can get SA style caps puts our orders on hold for 9 months and tells us they wont be helping us do more for the rest of the year.  ;)

If MaxKey would lower their mold-price we would all be happier for it.

Offline Panzerhawx

• Endgame is a lie. You just end up buying more.
    • cartel
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 04:45:43 »
Any update on the shipping?

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
« Reply #149 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 06:20:27 »
Any update on the shipping?

Sorry,
Because of we have to do cherry pick.
So we can only send 5~10 orders per day now :(
You'll receive email when your order been sent :)