Author Topic: interest check - Model M badge  (Read 5521 times)

Offline wcass

interest check - Model M badge
« on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 00:06:30 »
i'm planning to do this for myself anyway, but thought i'ld ask if anyone wants to share the cost.

this will be the same shape as the "pill" shaped logo on a 1391401 and others, but the badge will be on polished gold metal with black-striped IBM text (rotated 35 degrees counter-clockwise).

minimum order for me will be 10 @ $2.63 each, so if i can get at least 10 requests, they will go to you at $2.63 plus a stamp.

Offline Half-Saint

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 00:16:41 »
Wouldn't gold on black look better than the other way around? Anyway, count me in for one.

Cheers
IBM Model M (6) - Acer Alcatel 6312-KW - IBM Model M Space Saver - IBM Model M 122-key - Cherry G80-3000 (2) - IBM Model F AT - TG3 BL82A (2)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline wcass

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 15:50:40 »
Half-Saint
i'm doing my case black with gold trim and blood red keys. i thought that a black badge would get lost on the case. i have posted all of the order info (and graphic i will be sending) in another GH post.
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?15159-What-color-to-dye-my-IBM-Model-M&p=344774#post344774

acfrazier
i thought i had a collection with 3 model m 1391401. OK - if it's cool with you, i'll place an order for 10 tonight. that way i can see what the end product is before we are in for too much $ (if they turn out crap). if they turn out terrific, we can order more. and i might order some 2" x 4" black on polished gold lables for the "born-on" label on the back.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 May 2011, 16:06:56 by wcass »

Offline wcass

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 19:36:32 »
OK, 10 are ordered. Half-Saint and acfrazier and the next six volunteers are in for $3 - we'll call this the test run.

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 May 2011, 14:14:13 »
What you should do next is replacement stickers for the lock LED section. I'm sure you can get something nicer then Unicomp's going on.
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.

Offline dwolsten

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 12 May 2011, 16:20:32 »
Count me in for two.  Thanks!

A replacement for the LED section would also be great.  Perhaps something that looks just like the original Model M, but in black.

Offline Ascaii

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 13 May 2011, 12:36:15 »
ill take two as well.

pm me your paypal
"Mechanical keyboards are like pokemon:
you start with one, and then you wanna catch em all."

Offline wcass

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 13 May 2011, 14:26:39 »
the company said that they shipped out today - probably here Tuesday or Wednesday. i'll post pictures in the Mods section of the forum. Look for "Model M Badge Replacment" on Wednesday or Thursday.

i started work on the LED sticker also. this will be as close to an exact match as the origional LED badge except for color - again i will order metalic gold background with black text and border. i will have to ask if they can do a cutout - if not, this might require you to do three 2mm x 5mm cutouts. i will provide templates and data file also in an artical in the Mod section so that others with larger requests can use the templates but get them in whatever colors you like.

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 24 May 2011, 17:26:40 »
So how is this going?
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)

Offline Orphagn

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 24 May 2011, 18:30:31 »
If you have any more badges left over i'll take one.
Keyboards:
KBC Poker
Cherry G80-11900
Cherry G80-3494

Offline wcass

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 25 May 2011, 22:31:53 »
you can see pictures here:
http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:18174

i sent out all of the first batch, but am just now ordering a new set - and also LED cluster badge. this time they will be the "domed" type badge.

i'll post pictures when they come in.