Author Topic: [GB] Duck Viper/Eagle V2 Kustom Group Buy [Closed] - 2nd Batch Shipped  (Read 319062 times)

Offline johnthedong

Re: [GB] Duck Viper/Eagle V2 Kustom Group Buy [Closed] - 2nd Batch Delayed
« Reply #800 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 23:45:17 »
Let's just say that holtiting the LED's and the switches almost made me blind.  :'( Way more arduous than simply soldering everything.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #801 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 13:43:18 »
Hi All,

Diffuser update:

-I'll send emails out tonight to double check orders.

-Invoice will be sent after order is confirmed.

Thanks and have a good one!

Just checking to make sure I haven't missed an email yet! I think I put in for two on the form earlier.

+1, but I think we're good as I've not gotten an email either!  :)

All good. Got half out yesterday. Rest to come today.

Somehow I didnt receive any email about invoicing?

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #802 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 18:22:07 »
Hi All,

Diffuser update:

Just checking to make sure I haven't missed an email yet! I think I put in for two on the form earlier.

Got all the emails out late Saturday night. I'll check this evening to see where yours went.

General update: have final order numbers and confirmations. Thanks to all for the quick email replies. Sorting out final amounts with onmybikedrunk next day or so then invoices and shipping to quickly follow.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #803 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 18:56:53 »
Hi All,

Diffuser update:

Got all the emails out late Saturday night. I'll check this evening to see where yours went.

General update: have final order numbers and confirmations. Thanks to all for the quick email replies. Sorting out final amounts with onmybikedrunk next day or so then invoices and shipping to quickly follow.
I've sent you my email to your inbox, incase you didnt see it here it is

vongthieudat@yahoo.com

I've filled out for 2 diffusers, can you make sure that ill receice the invoice before its over

Thanks alot!

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #804 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 00:37:58 »
To anyone who used Zeal stabs here, is the shorts only on the back of the PCB? I've taped the possible connections up before popping the screws, but I'm wondering just in case.

PPS: Planning to build using full zeals and go without the front diffuser for awhile until the upgraded diffusers arrive :D

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #805 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 01:06:09 »
Hi All,

Diffuser update:

I think because i changed my name from Soclose1993 to Blackink, maybe thats why i didnt receive my invoice?

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #806 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 03:31:06 »
To anyone who used Zeal stabs here, is the shorts only on the back of the PCB? I've taped the possible connections up before popping the screws, but I'm wondering just in case.

PPS: Planning to build using full zeals and go without the front diffuser for awhile until the upgraded diffusers arrive :D
I taped the spots close to where the screw goes in and I've had no problems so far. I have Zeal stabs on Enter, LShift and Spacebar with the front diffuser on. Been typing on the board for a month now.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #807 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 09:09:47 »
Hi All,

Diffuser update:

I think because i changed my name from Soclose1993 to Blackink, maybe thats why i didnt receive my invoice?

I don't think invoices have gone out yet.

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #808 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 09:54:13 »

I taped the spots close to where the screw goes in and I've had no problems so far. I have Zeal stabs on Enter, LShift and Spacebar with the front diffuser on. Been typing on the board for a month now.

Interesting, so just the bottom of the PCB should be taped? Are you using your default diffusers with it? Thanks!

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #809 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 12:45:56 »
Hi All,

Diffuser update:

I don't think invoices have gone out yet.

Hi all- invoices haven't gone out yet... sorry for delay. Onmybike and I have both had some 'life' going on...

Going to pow-wow with him to make sure we get amounts right and all that and then will be sending invoices and getting these out the door.

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #810 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 16:32:19 »

Interesting, so just the bottom of the PCB should be taped? Are you using your default diffusers with it? Thanks!
Yeah I did just the bottom side, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to do the top as well. And I did use the default diffuser where the the screw for the stab kinda pushed it but not to the point of snapping it. I think it's fine honestly even after putting the board together.

Offline Mizzazz

• :^)
« Reply #811 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 17:13:04 »
Is anyone who has their viper having this issue?

The bottom plate seems to bend around the front acrylic piece like it's too thick or something. I just want to make sure I haven't assembled it wrong or anything. The diffuser is definitely facing the right way, too.

Any ideas?
Viper V2

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #812 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 17:21:01 »
Ehhhh diffuser update #535,934,848

So I went to the studio today to get the diffusers cut.  Now I took off the protective sheet once I got there and low and behold - it's basically white.  $*%&!  Why am I such an idiot that I didn't check BEFORE I went to the studio?  That, I couldn't tell yah - just busy I suppose.  So I'm back to square one looking for the right material.  I will take any advice I can get.  Start looking people!  The smallest width in the US I can find is 3mm which will prop the board up and there will be a gap between the two aluminum pieces (even more exaggerated than what Mizzazz just posted - not good).  Good news is that the tolerances look great and it works.  Bad news is that it's gonna be at least two more weeks before they can ship.  F$#@!

EDIT:
I FOUND THE RIGHT MATERIAL! AND IN THE US!
If you guys do decide to hunt down the right acrylic (and I am waiting on a response from Duck to see if he can send me the source acrylic sheeting) keep in mind that 1.) It can't be frosted - it must be cast to have a cloudy/icy kinda appearance 2.) It must have light transmission values around 70-80% (I think).  See pics below. 

ORDERS:
Smittysteve has emailed everyone on his list to confirm orders.  If you received an email from him you're all good to go and there's no need to resubmit anything or contact him (unless you didn't get an email).  Once we finalize cost (aka get the right materials this time) then we'll invoice everyone.  I'm really sorry this happened and I know some of you are waiting to build.  My advice would be build without it and then you can pretty easily throw it in there once the order arrives.  I am going to make this as speedy as possible.

Pics:
Here is the final cut "prototype"!  Looks good and functions as it should.

Here is a pic showing the light transmission/opacity values of the ORIGINAL piece to help your search for 2mm "Acrylic Ice" sheet

« Last Edit: Wed, 19 April 2017, 18:02:56 by onmybikedrunk »

Offline onmybikedrunk

« Reply #813 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 18:53:20 »
Finally, found the right stuff!

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #814 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 19:20:58 »
Finally, found the right stuff!

Show Image

:yee:

Offline gaiden

« Reply #815 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 22:07:30 »
Oh man sorry to hear about the wrong material... 😣 But yay to finally finding the right material!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #816 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 01:07:29 »

Show Image

The bottom plate seems to bend around the front acrylic piece like it's too thick or something. I just want to make sure I haven't assembled it wrong or anything. The diffuser is definitely facing the right way, too.

Any ideas?

Is that the stock diffuser? Are you using Zeal/Screw stabs? My keyboard assembles normally.  I am using a PCB mount stabilizer for the spacebar. 
60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline Mizzazz

« Reply #817 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 05:01:08 »

Show Image

Any ideas?

Is that the stock diffuser? Are you using Zeal/Screw stabs? My keyboard assembles normally.  I am using a PCB mount stabilizer for the spacebar.

Yeah it's the stock diffuser and I am using regular PCB mount cherry stabs for all the stabilized keys. It genuinely looks like my piece of acrylic is just slightly too thick. Does yours come up higher than the pieces of metal it sits between?
Viper V2

Offline gaiden

« Reply #818 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 07:05:35 »

Show Image

Any ideas?

Yeah it's the stock diffuser and I am using regular PCB mount cherry stabs for all the stabilized keys. It genuinely looks like my piece of acrylic is just slightly too thick. Does yours come up higher than the pieces of metal it sits between?
Looks like it might be 1mm too thick.. can you measure and see if it's 2mm or 3mm? Is it the diffuser too thick and pushing up the case or is it the top part of the case being too short?

« Last Edit: Thu, 20 April 2017, 07:07:14 by gaiden »

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #819 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 08:22:51 »
Are you using SIP pins? If you are, trim them down.

Offline Mizzazz

« Reply #820 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 14:23:10 »

Show Image

Any ideas?

Looks like it might be 1mm too thick.. can you measure and see if it's 2mm or 3mm? Is it the diffuser too thick and pushing up the case or is it the top part of the case being too short?

I just measured the diffuser, it's about 2.5mm? Although I measured using a ruler so I can't attest to how accurate it is. It definitely seems like it's too thick though as it seems to mess with my spacebar as well. When it's in my spacebar feels kinda.. mushy? (stabs are clipped btw) and when I remove it it's fine just like all the other keys. I've taken it out for now and I may just sand it down.
Viper V2

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #821 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 15:35:06 »

Show Image

Any ideas?

I just measured the diffuser, it's about 2.5mm? Although I measured using a ruler so I can't attest to how accurate it is. It definitely seems like it's too thick though as it seems to mess with my spacebar as well. When it's in my spacebar feels kinda.. mushy? (stabs are clipped btw) and when I remove it it's fine just like all the other keys. I've taken it out for now and I may just sand it down.

Just a thought.  Did you take off the plastic film protecting both sides?
60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline dblack

• Formerly ZuXzu
« Reply #822 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 20:03:23 »
So sad I wasnt around when this buy happened, since joining the community I think the viper is my favorite board.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #823 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 22:52:35 »
If anyone is interested in a Black Viper V2 I have a friend that can hook you up - shoot me a pm

Offline Mizzazz

« Reply #824 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 02:07:23 »

Show Image

Any ideas?

Just a thought.  Did you take off the plastic film protecting both sides?

Haha, yeah I did remove that. Unless there's more than one layer of film on each side then I think my one is just too thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Viper V2

Offline onmybikedrunk

« Reply #825 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 03:00:39 »
Mizzazz:

When I spoke to Duck about the tolerances for the diffusers he mentioned he wasn't happy about the variations that came with the 2mm thickness.  It looks like you got unlucky and just got a bad piece...

Offline Mizzazz

« Reply #826 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 03:02:08 »
Mizzazz:

When I spoke to Duck about the tolerances for the diffusers he mentioned he wasn't happy about the variations that came with the 2mm thickness.  It looks like you got unlucky and just got a bad piece...

Fair enough. It's not a huge deal - just a bit of sanding required really. Thanks for the help everyone!
Viper V2

Offline elton5354

« Reply #827 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 10:59:19 »
Order #97 is up for grabs for takeover. PM me.

Edit-

Gone now.
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 April 2017, 15:27:48 by elton5354 »

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #828 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 11:02:08 »

This is everyones chance, gl

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #829 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 12:54:08 »
Still available? Nevermind, it's Eagle.
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 April 2017, 12:56:28 by midnight2903 »

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #830 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 12:57:18 »
Pm'ed lol

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #831 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 12:58:15 »

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #832 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 04:16:42 »
Pm'ed lol
Revo RJ + this? DAMN haha
:P I didn't manage to get it at the end as it was already sold, but I do have 2 vipers already.  :))
Buy now, regret later lol.

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #833 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 08:58:02 »
Pm'ed lol
:P I didn't manage to get it at the end as it was already sold, but I do have 2 vipers already.  :))

Damn thats hardcore, if I have gotten a viper v2 I probably wouldn't have joined in on the Revo RJ.

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #834 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 12:59:55 »
Pm'ed lol

Damn thats hardcore, if I have gotten a viper v2 I probably wouldn't have joined in on the Revo RJ.

:P I've spent way too much on this hobby ...

Offline zoomwalt

« Reply #835 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 13:15:06 »
Pm'ed lol

At what point does a hobby become an obsession?

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #836 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 13:22:39 »
Pm'ed lol

About 2 boards before you start thinking about it.

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #837 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 13:33:49 »
Pm'ed lol

About 2 boards before you start thinking about it.
At some point you start influencing the people around you... I've gotten some of my friends into getting HHKB's and a duck viper v2 so far as I bring my bt type-s everywhere I go to code.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #838 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 13:37:55 »
At some point you start influencing the people around you... I've gotten some of my friends into getting HHKB's and a duck viper v2 so far as I bring my bt type-s everywhere I go to code.

Haha, I've got a mate into buying a RS68 kit and a JTK Keyset, not the most high-end stuff, but certainly an upgrade from his Blackwidow Chroma

Offline Potage

• L'omelette du fromage
« Reply #839 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 13:46:22 »
Pm'ed lol

I think it's when after buying an Eagle v2, you buy an EM7 GH Edition  :-X
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 April 2017, 14:24:51 by Potage »
HHKB Pro 2 | Winkeyless b.mini | Eagle v2

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #840 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 13:55:19 »

Haha, I've got a mate into buying a RS68 kit and a JTK Keyset, not the most high-end stuff, but certainly an upgrade from his Blackwidow Chroma

Give them some time and they'll start moving to the higher end stuff too :P. This hobby is a neverending black hole lol

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #841 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 14:56:13 »
Any updates on the 2nd batch?
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline anthorix

• Finally Awake
« Reply #842 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 17:21:26 »
Updoots plz.  :)

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #843 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 21:09:13 »
Interesting, the current diffuser works with my zeal stabs lol. Just assembled another viper v2 using a Zeal stabs

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #844 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 21:31:23 »
PS: Wondering if anyone knows the exact screw types included? I might've lost a few of the case screws due to my cat...

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #845 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 04:58:50 »
Interesting, the current diffuser works with my zeal stabs lol. Just assembled another viper v2 using a Zeal stabs

I'm so confused...

Why someone can use zeal stabs but someone can't???

I've seen someone on reddit, he was selling his Eagle/Viper on /r/mechmarket and he was using zeal stabs as well...

Offline Potage

• L'omelette du fromage
« Reply #846 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 05:26:23 »
It seems that the front diffuser thickness isn't the same in every kit as said a few posts ago. So maybe a thicker diffuser can interfere with Zeal's stabs.
HHKB Pro 2 | Winkeyless b.mini | Eagle v2

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #847 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 13:41:37 »
It seems that the front diffuser thickness isn't the same in every kit as said a few posts ago. So maybe a thicker diffuser can interfere with Zeal's stabs.

I think this is the case. Graphic below is from Pokono when you look at their acrylic pieces. Pretty large tolerances for what exactly is a "1.5mm" acrylic in this case. Within the thread and the round 1 shipments, we've seen one where the diffuser is pretty thin and leaves a gap and several that are a bit thick and bump the Zeal stab screws... I would probably expect the same from the new pieces that onmybikedrunk has sourced- so I suppose it's a little bit of a crapshoot either from maker or secondary market. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #848 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 20:04:18 »
I've generated a hex file with my custom keymapping using 02D_KeyMapper_Custom_v1.8.622, and tried to flash it using dfu-programmer (that I use to flash my other keymaps). The erase/writing works fine, but the keyboard is not working afterwards (no LED's light up etc).  :-[ Anyone have any luck with custom keymaps?

Offline profanum429

« Reply #849 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 20:17:56 »
I've generated a hex file with my custom keymapping using 02D_KeyMapper_Custom_v1.8.622, and tried to flash it using dfu-programmer (that I use to flash my other keymaps). The erase/writing works fine, but the keyboard is not working afterwards (no LED's light up etc).  :-[ Anyone have any luck with custom keymaps?

Maybe try 1.10.653? https://gist.github.com/ankailou/0b3f3183429536d86ecf4e7d27860b6c Is what I followed to set mine up and I was able to get it to work pretty consistently and get all my layers and function layers programmer how I wanted them.