Author Topic: [IC] GMK Beige Addon & Extension - GB: October 30 - November 30  (Read 58885 times)

Offline Zurg Eon

Re: [IC] GMK Beige Addon & Extension - Vendors Announced
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 10 May 2022, 15:23:51 »
Sweet! Finally a CMYK kit with 1.5u super  :thumb:

Offline Nuclear Nachos

• Anima and Animus
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 10 May 2022, 15:33:33 »
2 heart and next line keys are a really neat touch for the addition kit. Any chance of also throwing in the 1u colored keys from that board (cancel, help, go back, enter)?

Offline actress

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 12 May 2022, 03:54:25 »
Jeeesus the Addition kit is so good! Thanks for keeping vim arrows. Can you please consider throwing in a r1 windowed cherry logo key in there as well? Or maybe moving the r0 ones to the r0/r5 kit and having r1 only in Addition. That way we have more freedom in choosing.
Hope you understand my ramble. GL!!
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 May 2022, 03:57:47 by actress »

Offline sarvopari

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 12 May 2022, 07:40:21 »
Solid kitting, love the 1.5 Super x 2 as well! I’m in for a few kits for sure :)

Offline Hentoys

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 15 May 2022, 03:19:36 »
Too good! Instant buy.

Offline LegendsWorks

• thocc
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 15 May 2022, 08:46:53 »
In for CMYK and bae, Looking nice GLWIC

Offline mcmcmc

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 15 May 2022, 09:25:00 »
I'm very interested in all of these kits.

But please, please, for the keys with LED windows: request pad printing rather than UV printing, if GMK is able to do it. I've been consistently disappointed by GMKs UV print; it's noticeably raised from the keycap surface, the legends have HEAVY bleed and low quality, and the font doesn't match with the standard Cherry legends that GMK uses on their doubleshot keys.

This would make or break my interest.

For reference, pictures of GMK KA1953:

Show Image

Show Image

Versus Cherry pad print:

Show Image

Show Image

to my knowledge GMK actually doesn't do pad printing, only UV printing. what people have been calling pad-printed legends from GMK, they're actually uv-printed the whole time.
More

2 heart and next line keys are a really neat touch for the addition kit. Any chance of also throwing in the 1u colored keys from that board (cancel, help, go back, enter)?
probably no because i'm afraid that throwing in more custom mold keys into the set might affect the price of the whole set thus ruins the point of it (eventhough it doesn't actually affect it that much), and personally i don't see it goes well with anything. **** it i’m doing it

Jeeesus the Addition kit is so good! Thanks for keeping vim arrows. Can you please consider throwing in a r1 windowed cherry logo key in there as well? Or maybe moving the r0 ones to the r0/r5 kit and having r1 only in Addition. That way we have more freedom in choosing.
Hope you understand my ramble. GL!!
you make a good point, sure. :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 May 2022, 13:02:09 by mcmcmc »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 15 May 2022, 15:37:13 »
to my knowledge GMK actually doesn't do pad printing, only UV printing. what people have been calling pad-printed legends from GMK, they're actually uv-printed the whole time.
I had thought the same up until recently; I saw the windowed keys for classic retro zhuyin were being pad printed. Going by what you've said though, I guess that's incorrect information and will be UV printed too.

It's a damn shame they don't offer pad printing, I really had my hopes up for a second there. If you ever have the opportunity to ask GMK and confirm this, that'd be amazing.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline vladimir108

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 16 May 2022, 13:48:01 »
missing 2 keys in kit "2002 Kit" are not included 1U <AltGr> (R4+R5)

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 16 May 2022, 16:31:22 »
Ignoring the fact that AltGr as a legend on a 1u keycap barely fits, they’re intentionally not included, same with 1u control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mr_Spaceman

• Formerly wootman
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 19 May 2022, 01:29:59 »
This is just brilliant! Count me in for more than one of the addition kits and the r0-r5 kits.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #111 on: Thu, 19 May 2022, 06:30:44 »
When you have BAE, you should add R4 1u |\ cap, like in Focus keyboards layouts.

« Last Edit: Thu, 19 May 2022, 06:34:00 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline sarvopari

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 19 May 2022, 06:41:33 »
This is probably past the time for changes, but just in case: Would you consider adding a 6U centered L9 spacebar?

It’s shockingly difficult to find, and it would go with so many L9 sets: the beige sets, Froyo, Kaiju, Analog Dreams, etc.

With the general availability of Des sliders and designers making true HHKB layout, it’s likely worth it to add.

Once again, thanks for running this!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #113 on: Thu, 19 May 2022, 08:28:10 »
I am interested in the 2002 and BAE kits. I agree with the OP to keep the former as small and affordable as possible; however, it may include the R5 versions of its 1.25 mods. Otherwise, the opportunity to get 1.25 mods in this design will be lost forever, like a tear in the rain.

Edit: Would you include a WoB and a black-on-red BAEs?
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 May 2022, 08:58:21 by ideus »

Offline phinix

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 19 May 2022, 08:54:47 »
I am interested in the 2002 and BAE kits. I agree with the OP to keep the former as small and affordable as possible; however, it may include the R5 versions of its 1.25 mods. Otherwise, the opportunity to get 1.25 mods in this design will be lost forever, like a tear in the rain.

ooooh, another Blade Runner fan here  :thumb:
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #115 on: Thu, 19 May 2022, 08:59:19 »

I was sure that some of you scifi-cultured pals would notice it.

Offline phinix

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 19 May 2022, 09:09:19 »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #117 on: Thu, 19 May 2022, 17:40:57 »

(Attachment Link)
My favorite replicant.

Offline phinix

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 20 May 2022, 02:39:56 »

(Attachment Link)
My favorite replicant.

Yep, everyone love him :)

Offline stomaha

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 20 May 2022, 09:36:50 »
I love this. May we proceed with the GB now?

Offline LaserCrafter

• reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 20 May 2022, 23:00:58 »
f*ck me this is so good
Keyboard Collection: Unikorn, Orion v2.5, Orion v3, Realforce 87u, Viper v3, NMB RT8756CGR, Unicorn x Legend, Das II, TC-V3, Jetfire, Wang 325-3770, Lightpad v2

Keyset Collection: OG Doubleshots, CRP 2551 R4, Muted 2, Cyan R1, WoB, DCS Wyse, ISO OG POM, ePBT Blanks, BSP Blanks, BoW + Gigachild

Offline Seunghyun Lee

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 21 May 2022, 05:38:14 »
Please consider icon mod kit...

Offline PeppyToad

« Reply #122 on: Sat, 21 May 2022, 09:00:28 »
In for more than one 40s kit ;D

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #123 on: Sat, 21 May 2022, 17:21:20 »
I just noticed that you have included a 1u R1 "Back" key that I think belongs to the BAE kit better than to the 40s kit.

Offline mcmcmc

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 23 May 2022, 10:22:05 »
This is probably past the time for changes, but just in case: Would you consider adding a 6U centered L9 spacebar?

It’s shockingly difficult to find, and it would go with so many L9 sets: the beige sets, Froyo, Kaiju, Analog Dreams, etc.

With the general availability of Des sliders and designers making true HHKB layout, it’s likely worth it to add.

Once again, thanks for running this!
this is very interesting, i will think about this.

I just noticed that you have included a 1u R1 "Back" key that I think belongs to the BAE kit better than to the 40s kit.
actually that makes a lot of sense, sure. i'm not going to move it from 40s kit to bae kit tho i'm just going to add another one to bae kit.

Offline sarvopari

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 23 May 2022, 11:01:10 »

Sweet, 'preesh

Offline menuhin

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 23 May 2022, 16:56:23 »

Sweet, 'preesh

I'm in for true hhkb layout support too. All in for a 6u bar.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 23 May 2022, 18:12:09 »

Sweet, 'preesh

I'm in for true hhkb layout support too. All in for a 6u bar.

I consider the 6u space-bar the ideal size for a true bar (not the other minimal split bars); however, the wires for costar stabs (the best feeling ones) are not commercially available and the tools to make them are expensive (if you only need a few of them). Furthermore, 6u bars are scarce and unavailable for special colors, complicated by the fact that there are two designs for them that are not interchangeable. In summary, 6u space-bar designs are too complicated and impractical to source and use.

Offline conternecticus

• (¬‿¬ )
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 23 May 2022, 20:56:25 »
Is it just me or the Addition kit shown in the IC is very similar to the 40s kit?

Offline aa212121

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 24 May 2022, 05:05:55 »
Is it just me or the Addition kit shown in the IC is very similar to the 40s kit?

Show Image

Prolly a paste error as additional kit is

Offline Handke

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 24 May 2022, 11:18:47 »
Just a question, two years delivery time?

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #131 on: Tue, 24 May 2022, 12:47:20 »
*Note* R0 shinethrough keys are rendered in R1 because there's no R0 shinethrough model in Endeavour's file.
Oh, I didn't know that there were R0 windowed molds available!

Offline spedywin

• Formerly spedywin
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 24 May 2022, 23:21:02 »
good for me

Offline mcmcmc

« Reply #133 on: Sat, 28 May 2022, 07:04:42 »

Show Image

fixed

Just a question, two years delivery time?
yes unfortunately

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #134 on: Sat, 28 May 2022, 18:06:30 »
The new BAE kit is excellent. What would be the position of the stem at the BAE's top? Would it be set at the center of the 1.5 space? The Steelseries 7g and 6gv2 have that stem replaced with a long shaft that works like a stabilizer; instead, an ANSI-BAE should have a stem that fits the back-slash-pipe's stem.

Offline productkun

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 20:16:02 »
In the Addition Kit, will the “♥2” be aligned properly unlike what Emir did with GMK Rouge?

His reasoning was “But OG was like this”, but OG doesn’t mean it’s better or that it makes sense. There are many OG keyboards with kinky bad layouts for example.

IF you’re gonna reuse the Emir mold please consider adding a properly aligned “♥2” too.

Would appreciate it.

Offline mcmcmc

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 07 June 2022, 08:28:35 »
The new BAE kit is excellent. What would be the position of the stem at the BAE's top? Would it be set at the center of the 1.5 space? The Steelseries 7g and 6gv2 have that stem replaced with a long shaft that works like a stabilizer; instead, an ANSI-BAE should have a stem that fits the back-slash-pipe's stem.
we'll use the same stem positions as DCS BAE with a stem in the spot of the pipe key for a dummy switch.

In the Addition Kit, will the “♥2” be aligned properly unlike what Emir did with GMK Rouge?

His reasoning was “But OG was like this”, but OG doesn’t mean it’s better or that it makes sense. There are many OG keyboards with kinky bad layouts for example.

IF you’re gonna reuse the Emir mold please consider adding a properly aligned “♥2” too.

Would appreciate it.
yep, it'll be aligned properly.

Offline productkun

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 07 June 2022, 08:51:35 »

Would appreciate it.
yep, it'll be aligned properly.

Thanks, I love you dearly  :-*

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 07 June 2022, 09:01:25 »
A BAE with stems that fit an ANSI layout would be very versatile. Thank you for your reply.

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 07 June 2022, 13:43:11 »
We will use ANSI Enter stabilizer positions instead of ISO like what GMK has rn.

For BAE, I assume switch position would be on ANSI pipe? Or would we have a switch in ANSI enter position and a dummy switch on ANSI pipe?

Offline Nonnegaard

« Reply #140 on: Wed, 08 June 2022, 04:46:21 »
i will go absolutely broke when this drops
Aeon, TGR Jane V2, Dolphin 2021, Gherkin, Model M, 5°, NCR80, M0110-A

Offline F13

« Reply #141 on: Wed, 08 June 2022, 17:48:28 »
Looks great.

Any chance to include a Colevrak kit like with the WOB Extensions? https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105239.0

Offline mcmaxmcmc

« Reply #142 on: Sat, 11 June 2022, 00:44:35 »
Ooooooh, this is good!  Very good!  Thank you for making this set, hahaha.  I've been wanting these caps for a while now and now perhaps I can finally have them.

One thing on the Addition kit, though:  There is a variant of the ♥2 that has extra colored keys.  Two, to be exact -- it's the bracket keys.  Here is an album of a keyboard that has those extra keys: https://imgur.com/a/fzwEGhH

And here is a picture for those who just wants a glimpse:

And another one because cats are cute:   (These pictures are not mine, so no, I don't own the cat.)

I'd love for these two keys to be in the kit as well!  I think others would love it as well now that they know this variant exists.  Please consider adding these two keys in the kit. :)

Also... I have been getting a few messages asking me about this set because of our similar names.  I've been dealing with them just fine, but yes, that indeed has been the case.  ;D
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 June 2022, 00:47:16 by mcmaxmcmc »

Offline mcmcmc

« Reply #143 on: Sat, 11 June 2022, 05:45:53 »
We will use ANSI Enter stabilizer positions instead of ISO like what GMK has rn.

For BAE, I assume switch position would be on ANSI pipe? Or would we have a switch in ANSI enter position and a dummy switch on ANSI pipe?
a switch in ANSI enter position and a dummy switch in ANSI pipe position.

Looks great.

Any chance to include a Colevrak kit like with the WOB Extensions? https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105239.0
unfortunately no cuz we don't have enough room for that.  :(

Ooooooh, this is good!  Very good!  Thank you for making this set, hahaha.  I've been wanting these caps for a while now and now perhaps I can finally have them.

One thing on the Addition kit, though:  There is a variant of the ♥2 that has extra colored keys.  Two, to be exact -- it's the bracket keys.  Here is an album of a keyboard that has those extra keys: https://imgur.com/a/fzwEGhH

And here is a picture for those who just wants a glimpse:
Show Image

And another one because cats are cute:   (These pictures are not mine, so no, I don't own the cat.)
Show Image

I'd love for these two keys to be in the kit as well!  I think others would love it as well now that they know this variant exists.  Please consider adding these two keys in the kit. :)

Also... I have been getting a few messages asking me about this set because of our similar names.  I've been dealing with them just fine, but yes, that indeed has been the case.  ;D
added!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 June 2022, 05:48:25 by mcmcmc »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #144 on: Sat, 11 June 2022, 21:43:04 »
When?

Offline Lysol_

« Reply #145 on: Sat, 11 June 2022, 23:10:14 »
ne red or colored cherry windowed cap and 2.25u cap avail? the 1u windowed red cherry cap was last seen on the 2100 HAE board so it would be cool to see it added to one of the kits. and the 2.25u colored cherry logo cap was last seen on GMK ka1953 and I don't know of any other sets that do that specific key in color in the current year. if it's too late to change anything at this point, i understand as well.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #146 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 00:18:10 »
No opinion, don't need it, will not buy it
Gater Ron likes it.
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Seoulcialite

• MechSeoul
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 04:19:46 »
Add a normal spacebar kit. My current 7u spacebar is a banana...

Offline actress

« Reply #148 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 06:49:24 »
nah the addition kit is the best add-on kit of all time. Seriously can't wait to get it

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #149 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 09:03:08 »
The "additional," "2002," and "BAE" kits are a must-get for any serious collector.