Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2294 times)

Offline MC10

Hello!
« on: Mon, 12 September 2022, 18:04:05 »
Hello all,

Just starting out in the custom mechanical keyboard hobby. I was actually introduced to custom keyboards a few years ago when Scarra had a custom one built by Taeha. I remember watching the whole stream and being drawn in yet I never got into customizing my own keyboard. I blame it on my Razer BlackWidow Chroma for surviving so long. I'm here now and interested to see what's out there. I'm pretty much settled on TKL, I love the space savings from cutting off the numpad. I might try a 75% in the future but I'm pretty dependent on F keys and nav cluster for work.

It's high time I started tinkering with keyboards and for my first I went with a Keychron K8 Pro. Technically I started with a Drop CTRL but quickly returned it. I thought I had done all the research in the world but apparently I didn't hear about south-facing switches until it was too late.

Specs:
  • Keyboard: Keychron K8 Pro RGB Aluminum Black
  • Switches: Gateron Box Ink V2 Black
  • Keycaps: DCX Dolch

I haven't really modded it yet but I might have to. There's some weird vibrating noise on the spacebar upstroke, not sure if the stock stabilizer is rattling or something. If anyone has an idea, I would love some help to fix the sound!

Offline lakeboredom

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 12 September 2022, 18:24:29 »
The easiest first mod you would do to a prebuilt would be add lube to the stabs to quiet the ticking. This site sells a premade kit for it. Read how to do it. https://ringerkeys.com/products/super-lube%E2%84%A2-nlgi-grade-0

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk