geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] Oceanographer 45% Keyboard // GB Closed - Test PCBs in Route to Prototypist

<< < (13/13)

Hedgey:
Latest Update:

1. Jae ordered a set of test PCBs to confirm the new schematics work and fit in the oceanographer cases
2. His team will be receiving them soon and I will be sending over a case for them to build/test fit.
3. Once confirmed, Jae will be doing the entire order for all of the PCBs ASAP.
4. I will be going through the Shopify list of customers soon and sending out an email to start confirming new addresses for those that moved as well as anyone who still has the same one.

Apologies for the lengthy delay on getting PCBs, but I agree with Jae's team that getting a test PCB of a new design was the right choice before a full order was committed.  I will have more information soon hopefully.

Thanks!

firstworldproblems:
Thank you for the update :)

antsinyourpants:
Does anybody know what the Oceanographer's PCB thickness is i.e. 1.2mm or 1.6mm?

Mecxs:
Original GB was run before 1.2mm PCBs were a thing, so would have been designed with 1.6mm.

That said, after Taylor exit scammed the PCBs had to be reordered (and ?redesigned). I assume that no changes to thickness were made. Unless Hedgey or Jae say otherwise I would assume that they stuck with the original plan for 1.6mm.

antsinyourpants:

--- Quote from: Mecxs on Tue, 17 October 2023, 04:15:54 ---Original GB was run before 1.2mm PCBs were a thing, so would have been designed with 1.6mm.

That said, after Taylor exit scammed the PCBs had to be reordered (and ?redesigned). I assume that no changes to thickness were made. Unless Hedgey or Jae say otherwise I would assume that they stuck with the original plan for 1.6mm.

--- End quote ---

Awesome! Thank you so much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version